How do I convince a girl to get in shape?

How do I convince a girl to get in shape?
I recently started dating a 26 year old girl who is slightly overweight. She doesn't exercise and I don't think she is conscience of her diet. She knows exercise is a big part of my life and that I exercise everyday. I have asked her to join me in exercising but she has declined every time. What can I do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VAWWqu3c4FY&t=359s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm on the same boat OP, gf is overweight and keep falling for meme exercises instead of just doing a 5x5 or whatever. Then she complains that it isn't working and quit usually on the third month. It keeps going like this since I met her. I honestly don't give a fuck anymore.

so why dont yo just tell her to do 5x5

If I can get her interested in loosing weight it will be fine. She is a masters STEM student in the best university in the country so she is smart. I will be able to convince her of the best way to exercise and diet. The problem is getting her interested in being in shape. I'm afraid that if I just ask her "want me to help you get fit" she will get really offended or say something like "I was like this when you met me so you knew what you were getting"

Ask her if she'd like a gym date. If she's not autistic, she'll get the message

why would she want to get in shape? youre already fucking her.

Pics?

I have but she is a normie so I'm not going to say "gym date". Normies think exercising is going for a jog or doing some pushups at home. So I said to her that I was going for a jog after work and that I would love for her to join me. She said she would take a rain check.

I'll ask here. Why do bitches only eat bread and cheese?

Then drop the dumb bitch you fool.

You've met a fa, already complacent bitch who's obviously not giving in to your humble requests, she's only gonna get fatter.

And when you do drop her ass, tell it's because of her physique.

Then say some shit like you want to cut down on sugar because of something on the news, how bad it is etc

Or let her see you browsing pics of Veeky Forums grils like pic related

Or joke about her weight

Or just fucking say she's fat

she won't listen brah, she follows those butt instagram models and do whatever meme they're into.
My gf uses that argument all the time. As long as she doesn't become a gains goblin there is nothing to worry. But girls won't really listen to any reasonable argument (getting in shape for health, improving looks) since they want it effortlessly and enjoyable and also the way they want it.

she will leave if she becomes fit.
FeelsGoodMan

You still there OP

> let her see you browsing fit girls
> joke about her weight
> say she's fat

Do you want user to be single again?

Around a month ago my gf was crying and complaining that she was fat. SHe is overweight, but not bad at all, For reference this is after I have lost 70 pounds in the past year give or take.

She is the same way with being in and out of it and making excuses. So many excuses about how her anti-dep pills make her gain weight, But the fact is she was eating way too much bad shit, I told her that the only person that can make the changes is herself. When I changed, I was the one who stopped eating terrible food, I have been the one waking up before work and going to the gym 5x a week. I am the one at the office turning down garbage everyday. So all the crying and complaining isnt gonna do shit. I said this tough, but with love. She finally got the message and is already down a good ten pounds the first month by counting calories and walking the dog more. Start off with small shit, then try to graduate into lifting.

Women are emotonal as fuck. So you gotta say some lame shit like I will be behind you and support you 100%. But YOU have to make the changes yourself.

which one is the before pic?

>b-but user, if I start lifting heavy I'll look like a man

every single time

Break up with her. I was dating a qt who got fat. I dumped her, fucked hotties, she hit me up and we went on a date and she had lost all the weight and looked hot AF again. Just gfd her again

They don't know how good they'd look

pics?

where to find grils, how to flirt unautistically, and how to text them?

just b urself ;)

This.

OP, start fucking her less, and start randomly commenting on sexy skinny girls.

>best university
>female stem
>lazy

Dude run the fuck away

This is immature and passive-aggressive. If you and your gf can't sit down and have a conversation like adults then decide whether or not it's a dealbreaker and dump her if necessary. I was seriously going to help my bf lose weight, told him he would feel and look much better if he worked out and that I would write up an exercise and meal plan for him but he still didn't want to change. I dumped him eventually because he didn't want to put in the work or effort in general. You can't change people.

This. OP should either bail now or accept having a fat GF. If she gets fit, she'll trade up.

Dont date people and then try to change them, thats not how it works, people change when they ant to change, if they worked out because you told them to, they will not stick to it, the best you can do is lead by example and hope she picks up your habits.

Also, don't be autistic, or make threats and don't overly obsess over fitness, there are other criteria you know.

A) clubs, social events, or any place you go to regularly (e.g. coffee shop).

B) for flirting: only in bar, or parties. Disable the caring about what they think of you mod, start speaking your mind but don't get nasty (e.g. don't go: ur ass nice i wan fuk), iterate ALOT with different grills to improve the process. For elsewhere, you don't, you just talk to them with a mindset like you're not planning to fuck them at all. Start dropping occasional flirts after some time of doing that.

C) Kinda like B)

Be advised, i am no expert but this is what i will be trying.

invite her to go to the gym with you or go for a run with you.

Get her into yoga or something
Drag her to the gym

alright I'll pitch this as a female

it's really nice but sad to see guys being upfront and honest about what they want and their motivation - only to be shot down as if their knowledge fitness has no legitimacy over Facebook workouts. I have female friends like this and I've found out how to "motivate" them.

Most females need to be manipulated, emotionally or otherwise. Find out what drives your female companion. Is it:

>jealousy? she hates girls who are on better shape or have a more tailored social media representation?
>self-hatred? she constantly talks about how she will fail at the gym because she has tried it all
>pride? she wants to be able to brag about her fitness "journey" to get back at an ex or somebody who hurt her?

Find out which emotion gets her going, then you'll know which buttons to push. Most of the girls I manage to bring to the gym fucking THANKED me for "talking sense" into them. I always feel bad about it afterwards but it has been proven that complete honesty and transparency doesn't appeal to your average girl

>dude like manipulate women!

Wow, no shit? Thanks, real original thought here kid.

>woman
>telling men to manipulate women

Don't buy it m8

>not being a chubby chaser

You have already lost OP. Enjoy your minefield of emotional dangers. I will be over here using my patrician fetish to get maximum gains for my chubby grill.

I broke up with my ex.who wasn't overweight or fat but never exercised at all. (Tho broke up with her for other reasons)

>she now exercises nearly everyday since the past 3 months. Or at least that's what she tells me

Chubby women are appealing until you fuck them

Fit girls are the best to fuck, and only get better looking when you know that

Of course you're a beta and won't ever know that

^^All of this. You have to put your foot down somewhere, women want that (even though they'll never say it). Here's the thing about women-- they're like dogs. They need firm guidance, discipline, consistency, and reward. The next time you're out at a park, pay attention to guys with dogs. I'm betting you'll notice that the ones with spoiled ill-behaved fur balls are the type you'd deem soft and weak. The guys who have command over their dog are also likely the type you'd think of as real men. Not necessarily physically strong, but someone who can lead and has their shit together. Women can sense this too-- they're irrational, emotional creatures, and they gravitate toward stability. Men who have their shit together attract them, simple as that.

Now how does this tie in to getting your girl to get fit? If you go making some meek suggestion about getting fit and back down the moment she protests, you'll get nowhere. You need to show her that you're right and you firmly believe in your decision. Would you back down from training your dog to heel or shit outside? Of course not. So you need to be just as firm with your girl. Don't just tell her she's getting fat or that she needs to work out, show her. Teach her how to lift, what to eat, etc., and she will subconsciously feel that she's worth something because you're investing in her. She will not want to disappoint you, so it'll be easier to reel her back on track if she gets lazy or starts eating junk again-- so long as you don't lose your temper or make her feel like you're giving up on her. You have to be consistent and firmly believe you're in the right.

Once she starts making progress, reward her. You don't need wealth to do this, that's the best part. Prep a nice meal and make a card telling her how proud you are of her, and drive or hike someplace to have a moment together. Girls love this shit so much, we guys easily forget and think it's just a TV trope. It really has an impact, trust me. You can also start making comments about other girls you see. Maybe there's a skinnyfat chick at her workplace she's jealous of-- tell her that skinnyfat's body will look like shit by her 30's because she only does cardio, but your girl will still be solid because the muscle she made in the gym will stay firmer.

It's all a mind game, you just have to know not to give up or give in. If she adamantly refuses and has been lost to HAES/feminism, then cut the chain and leave that anchor behind.

you can always try what has already failed you

Dread game but you're probably not attractive enough to do it correctly.

proof ur gril?

Maybe this poster is a woman, maybe not-- but the manipulation part is true. I was banging this chick (petite Asian, 21) and another guy was interested in her. She told me about how she felt like she gained weight since high school, and I told her she probably did but could reverse the damage by working out. She got mad and I found out she texted the other guy, who told her the usual "no, you're perfect the way you are" bullshit. I said, "Hey, if you want to set the bar easy, go right ahead. He'd be happy just to be near a girl like you, he'll say anything you want to hear. In the other hand, I know you can do better and be better."

Now she's working out and disgusted by him, and she doesn't even know why.

thanks for a (You)

my advice goes to the good and decent guys out there who doesn't even know where to begin manipulating their girls

the obvious deviants heed none

ig 17xlbooks

This.

you two are in an uncanny valley of sorts when it comes to autism. not too autistic to get gfs, but too autistic to get them to do what you want.

here's an idea:
1. man up and tell them the truth.
2. weather the fights that may ensue and stay on message.
3. don't let them sidetrack you with guilt, sex or whatever
4. make it fun and be supportive

it's a time tested way to train your female

how stupid are the girls that you dated? thinking that they're on the same level as dogs is just downright demeaning

advice might work for girls with no self-respect and poor parental figures

You mean millennial women?

>women aren't like, omg, animals!
yikes. maybe leave your house every once in a while.

emotionally they kind of are on the same level of dogs. we've all had experience with irrational girls who live their lives slaves to their constant changing emotions.

You can help me instead.

I've found I feel so much better when I try to exercise, but I'm kind of stuck right now.
I need some sort of yoga exercise to realign my joints and hips and stuff, because only one of my legs get proper training.

After I've aligned myself, or maybe while doing it, what's some good easy exercises to start to build butt and thighs? No machines, no gym.

That's a fake pic, she'd have way more loose skin.

Unless this, that the right is the before, and left is after.

I'm not talking about the random population of the lower IQ women, I'm talking about the girls you dated/dating

I think it speaks more about you as a man who dates women who he deems to be as intelligent as a dog. Maybe it makes you feel smarter and bigger than you truly are

Women aren't on the same level as dogs, but the basic principal applies. There's nothing wrong with what I mentioned regarding discipline, consistency, reward, etc.
Your pretentious little crusade might earn you brownie points with whatever girl you're trying to impress when you show her your screenshot comment, but it won't get you laid. Fact of the matter remains, women despise weak men.

You can motivate her blah blah blah but in the end, It has to come from within, otherwise she'll never keep at it.

>yoga
just go to a phys therapist. a good one is worth their weight in gold if you're having those issues. my wife has a severe form of hyper mobility and she has improved a lot since the start of the year since going.

>butt/thighs but no gym
Tabata exercises and hill/stair sprints, run up and walk down to go easier on the joints

there is no crusade and there is no brownie points because I'm a woman

I can agree with you on the principle of positive reinforcement, but to compare them to dogs is to, in turn, compare yourself to dogs. Don't act like you've never been trained by society at large, by your family unit and by your peers

It probably won't happen OP. I've tried with all three of my past girlfriends and it's never worked

>just go to a phys therapist. a good one is worth their weight in gold if you're having those issues.
Are those expensive? And on going?
Can't you go to like some "chiropractor" and have it aligned quickly?

>run up and walk down to go easier on the joints
Is the going down important? I could just run up apartment building stairs (5 or 6 stories), then take the lift down.

*sigh* You must be a girl in your early 20's. They take things too literally. When you're that close to the stripes, you can't tell a zebra from tiger. I agree with the training comment-- we're all dogs, or we were at some point. My job is like that now, there's an alpha male (captain) who decides what we all do, and we do it as a pack. So long as he demonstrates consistency and competence, we will continue to do as he says. The rank plays a part too, but you get what I'm saying.

Men nowadays are hopeless around women. They don't know how to act. Look at all the "TFWnoGF" posts. Modern feminism has put pussy on a pedestal and made every man afraid to put his arm around a girl for fear of her crying rape. Guys don't know how to handle that, so bringing things to a level they can relate to helps. Nobody is advocating putting a collar and a leash on women, and I sure as hell wouldn't want my daughter being raised by a woman who'd tolerate that. OP needs to approach his problem the way he would training a dog. Once you say "female", all of a sudden it becomes this mysterious creature nobody knows how to approach...

>He'd be happy just to be near a girl like you, he'll say anything you want to hear. In the other hand, I know you can do better and be better.
Fucking home run right here.

jesus christ iq has nothing to do with emotional susceptibility. think of a woman on her period. very irrational and impulsive.

i've dated girls in college and bar sluts. theyre both emotionally on the level of children. even the one that i felt was smarter than me still looked up to me like i was her mentor or something.

what does it say about YOU where the women you have dated run over you like servant?

PTs can add up in cost, depends on state, insurance, etc.

chiropractors have limited value compared to PTs. they have less complete knowledge and part of what they practice is quackery.

you can save $ by going to a couple initial consults to see how things are done then working with one maybe once a month for form checks on the exercises they prescribe and tune ups on the next months list of work to do.

it's a lot more work at home that way, but much less costly

>walking down
you'll burn some cals and get some negative work by walking down (better balance and stabilizers), but the biggest benefit is in running up.

You know absolutely nothing about canine psychology or dog training and honestly you sound like an idiot.

Lead by example and don't preach to her. Just do your thing and always casually invite her to join you.

It took me buying a squat rack and lifting by myself at home and my wife would peak her head out to talk to me between sets. I'll kind of playfully poke at her like "how many squats can you do, sexy?" and she'll get all bouncy and bang out a set of squats with me.

Caesar Milan plz go

My girlfriend (and I) put on some weight after we started dating. It's really easy for me to put on and lose weight, I've done quite a few bulk/cut cycles.

As for her, it's extremely difficult because she just doesn't have that foundation of knowledge. Trying to explain portion control and macros to someone brand new to nutrition takes time.

Best thing I've done is walk her through exactly what I'm doing to lose weight and cook most meals. Similar talking through nutrition and meal timing around exercise. Also helps to stop her bullshit tumblr/instagram recipe craze.

Slow but steady progress. Lyle's guide to flexible dieting helps too.

tl;dr do it together

she's crying because she knows you've got more options now. watch out for her trying to fatter you up.

^This is good advice.
I told my fiancée that I'll never be a rich man, but I can give her the gift of health. Simply put, I would do my best to keep her in shape and never let her start any unhealthy habits. In turn, she does the same for me. Now we work out together, eat healthy portions, and keep each other in check (she makes sure I limit my sweets while I keep her from buying the bigger bag of chips). We are truly happy.

Accept that you can't change other people.

Find someone who already has your ideals. Anything else is futile.

>Trying to explain portion control and macros to someone brand new to nutrition takes time.
Se can't comprehend addition and substraction in less than 5 minutes. In other words, she's mentally disabled, reason why she was fat to begin with. Lie to yourself all you want.

this thread is proof that fit is full of untrained basement dwellers that have never felt a vagina

Bread and cheese taste good.
Pasta too, bitches love pasta.

Get better taste in women and stop dating retards. You can tell by talking to them what you're getting into.
>b-but she's in college
Book smarts has nothing to do with emotional intelligence. There are plenty of people who graduate from unis but are still socially and mentally dumb as a brick.

>i like getting pegged by my gf and there's nothing you can say to convince me it's wrong

you can't.
I went through months of "i'm gonna start running again" before i manned up an ended it

>I like getting cucked by my mentally disabled gf because she didn't know anal counts as cheating

leave her and find someone who cares

There's a difference between the girl who needs guidance and the one who is a total loss. You're either a bitter virgin wanting for one worthy of your mother's approval or ended up dating a pump & dump when you should've been showing her the door after you two fucked.

Getting fit and healthy together makes a relationship so much better. It's why I married my wife. We both fell out of it and our relationship suffered. Trying to get back into to rekindle the love.

Yeah, I'm the bitter virgin, not the one comparing women to dogs.
Sounds like you're dating girls who need seriously to be fixed to get a huge ego boost or you have some sort of psuedo-incest fantasy of trying to be a father to a girl who can't think for herself. Either way it's sad my man.

Actually, a lot of girls look to their father as an example of who they should marry, good or bad. If your father was absent or you were raised by two lesbian feminists, it would explain a lot. In case reading comprehension isn't your forté, I'll point out again that I never equated women with dogs, and in another post I talked about working out with your partner to build each other up and stay healthy.

You clearly don't get women.

>If your father was absent or you were raised by two lesbian feminists, it would explain a lot.
Here we go with the baseless, inaccurate assumptions again. What's wrong with wanting a woman who isn't an unstable mess who needs to me to knock sense into her all the time? I'm all for supporting and depending on each other, that's what relationships are about. But if I literally have to play pretend as her daddy that's not a road I want to go down.

Incest fetishes and being a father figure are two entirely different things. If you consider the "ideal" father figure, it would be a man who unconditionally loves his girl but will also correct her when she's wrong. He's patient and willing to teach her how to do things, not give up on her and expecting to find a girl who already is everything he wants. If you thought I'm all about boosting my ego with damaged girls, then you're just as culpable of making baseless, inaccurate assumptions.

By the way, I'm too old to be building up my self-esteem off the backs of broken people. Go find a PUA/player/red pill board and complain there, that's the crowd you should be directing your rhetoric at.

>If you consider the "ideal" father figure, it would be a man who unconditionally loves his girl but will also correct her when she's wrong. He's patient and willing to teach her how to do things, not give up on her and expecting to find a girl who already is everything he wants.
Shouldn't that be the same for both sides? I mean, what man wouldn't want a women who loves him unconditionally, isn't afraid to speak her mind if something is wrong, is patient, and is willing to help him with the things he's lacking, and him doing the same for her? It has nothing to do with being a father figure, just a decent person in general. I mean, if she is constantly needing you to mentor her and keep her in line, I really see that more as some psuedo-incest daddy/little girl thing. That's not the kind of relationship I see as ideal, but to each their own.

Yes, it should be the same for both sides, but "father figure" is the term I grew up with. It didn't necessarily mean a spouse-- he could be your coach, the older guy on the assembly line who has been doing the job since the factory opened, the scout master who knew how to do everything, or the shop teacher who knew how to build everything and solve any problem. I'm old, like I said, so I'll add a disclaimer and say now that since it's 2017, that father figure can be anyone, male or female... but you get the idea. As for constant mentoring/keeping someone in line, it depends-- I don't feel that the learning process ends for anyone, but if the individual in question is doing the same behavior over and over again, then it means there's a problem. Maybe they're seeking attention, maybe the relationship just isn't working out, who knows, but the main thing is recognizing when something is wrong versus simply helping one deal with a new life experience. Communication is key, and I feel like that's something young people don't do well nowadays.

feminazi please leave

I think the opposite of father figure is a man child. A lot of men (r9k) expects the girl to be his mommy, not only giving unconditional love but take over his responsibilities, be disrespected, taken for granted, and be his emotional crutch. You can see why a girl would not want to be in that situation.

You are right, both sides have a lot to learn from each other but I am not a fan of one-sided relationships, where one side has to whip the other into shape to keep the relationship going. But yeah it is better to talk out things, but surprisingly a good amount of people don't know how to handle an adult relationship and keep everything to themselves.

How the fuck am I femnazi? I'm saying the opposite of women want to hear, they want to be privileged and do absolutely nothing and have the guy carry the relationship.

That kind of relationship is disgusting too.

if women are so shit then why not every men is a homo ?

This is /fit. At some point, this had to come up.

You can thank the feminists for that. Once they made it taboo for men to be men, adult males began to see nothing wrong with being bronies or having body pillows with anime girls on them. Add the Internet, and now the voices of their friends & family telling them this behavior is wrong becomes drowned out by the chorus of thousands like-minded failures egging them on...

The only thing that worked for me and my past gfs was doing diets together. Going vegan was the most successful one. But they didnt last on it unless they want to do it.

Go out less and cook at home works if you want to control what she eats.

youtube.com/watch?v=VAWWqu3c4FY&t=359s

Easy....

>Tried to skip through
>He never appeared to get to the point
What a douchebag.

She's definitely going to get fat again though when she's like 32 or whatever age someone impregnates her.

Femanon here. Here's how my boyfriend is doing it. He probably thinks I don't know what he's up to, but he's mentioned he'd like me to be fitter and healthier in the past, so I have a suspicion that he's cooked up this clever scheme.

So, he's sold it to me like HE'S unhappy with his own body. He used to have a visible six pack, but now it's covered ny fat. He's far from overweight, but he wants abs.
He started by asking if I was willing to prove how much I loved him.
I typically replied I have nothing to prove blah blah, you know how I feel blah blah.
Then he said that for the next 8 weeks, he wants us both to be committed to only eating lean meat, fruit, veg etc. The parameters of the diet don't matter.
He said he was disappointed in himself for letting himself go, and needed someone to diet with him for support.
He's also told me he'll pay my grocery bills as long as I'm only buying approved healthy things, so there's that extra incentive. (I don't know why he offered. He makes a shit ton more money than I do, but I can totally afford healthy food.)

So far, it's been a horribly effective strategy. He's linked clean eating with my feelings for him and my own sense of guilt.No matter how much I crave junk, I won't eat it because it feels like I'm betraying him and letting him down.
We don't live together, and don't get a lot of time together, so I could easily cheat, but I can't bring myself to because of FEELS.
I'm always asking if this or that food is ok, and if he says no, I don't eat it.
I spent last night in hospital and had to eat hospital food, and I felt so guilty and told him. He said it was ok and all, but I still felt horrible for eating shit like bread and dairy (which he doesn't approve of).

So there you have it. Emotionally manipulate your girlfriends into it. Link eating and even exercise to her sense of love, guilt, and urge to support you in what you're doing, and you won't have any trouble.

how can she be smart if she doesn't even try to be healthy?
being active and eating healthy, you are smarter more energetic more confident more outgoing get to experience activities that couch potatoes never will, this isn't even considering becoming more attractive which will then amplify all the other previous benefits.

>went from white trash to skinny white trash
still wouldn't bang

yea but we should want every class of citizen to be healthier if we live in a tax paying society

no woman can be so plainly self aware. I can't believe what I'm reading