Why don't you guy ever recommend boxing? How is it not

Why don't you guy ever recommend boxing? How is it not

>Pretty sure boxing is /sp/

Because brain damage

all martial arts are

Boxing is a great martial art, but the focus is very narrow. The big gloves create a false sense of what wold work with less equipment IMHO. I'd say learn some form of kickboxing (MT, Kyokushin, Savate...) to learn how to knee/kick/elbow as well, then go learn some boxing to perfect your punches.

Ignore this pleb op.
Most of us don't have time to train a lot. Boxing is merely getting good at a few techniques rather than being half assed at many.

not him. thanks didnt know about this. ill check it out

>/box/ is hosted on /sp/

Don't. Asp tards moved here. It's all wwe fags now.

I'm personally glad. The old ma threads there were filled with people training traditional Chinese martial arts.
Faggots. All of them

Ok good to know. I'll start with boxing soon. My gym offers some BJJ courses for free as well. It might not be as good as a real BJJ gym, but it wont hurt to get some conditioning into my routine and you learn some basic. For boxing I'll go one with real sparring. Seems like a good combination.
I tried systema and actually kind of liked it. The breathing patterns annoyed me a little and the few others were, for the most part, unathletic losers, so I quit again. But the trainer was a beast

>doesn't have time to train
>not a pleb

kek

I've always thought and was for shitposting and/or talking about sports(e.g events, facts/opinion, famous people), not discussion about practicing it.

Your mostly correct.
/box/ just seems to watch matches and talk about upcoming matches with a few people actually doing the sport.

Asp used to have a boxing general along with a ma general. Boxers used to post in both.

So now we shit post here on fit.

I'm just glad the cma guys are gone. Most of them were grossly overweight talking about how their techniques were 2deadly

What if we had a combat sports general? Then if the population is certain modality is big enough we create a general for it.

> I just visited and like 85% of the threads are about girls and burger wrestling.

Only if we made a striking general and a grappling general.

I'm sick of the striking vs grappling arguments. Neither side budges ever and it turns into a shit storm every time.

Otherwise yeah, that sounds good.

>kyokushin
>muh no punching the head
>muh no dodge rule
It's garbage

Boxing is good but you make sure your sparring partners aren't crazy and learn how to be defensive first. Brain damage is real but you can minimise it by not getting hit. There's some wisdom for you. Don't fuckin get hit.

Nothing is ever going to knock a man out better than a good strike and it takes less than a second.

>The old ma threads there were filled with people training traditional Chinese martial arts.
>Faggots. All of them
Never forget that this is the average /asp/ie martial arts expert

how worried should I be of brain damage? I only spar and never compete properly

SHIT I FORGOT WARD KOVALEV II TONIGHT

OFF TO I GO

I was actually thinking of having both together, but surely you have a point see and , we not even discussing and already there's animosity. Back to it I was considering including both, but also conditioning, technique training and weight resist methods. What else could be included?

Another one

This

unless you are planning on going Pro, there is no reason to fuck your brain up.

The small amount of research that exists concludes that sparring causes brain damage but I think it focussed on pros. Given the number of variables you'll probably be fine. Maybe pull punches if you're really concerned.

Dunno how often you're doing it, how often you're getting hit, and how hard. Brains are delicate, and even a little bit of damage is harmful but how impact will that make? Maybe no discernible difference, but if you're getting hit and really feeling it then you're doing real damage.

Either accept it, fill girls up with your sperm and die early while shitting your pants, stop boxing entirely, or be so defensive that getting hit is rare. That means you cover your shit up, take hits to the body that you would normally block, and be totally non-aggressive. Bonus points for being picky with sparring partners to avoid those that get pissed off and start blasting your defence. Once you get better then you can start opening up more, but until you have excellent defence don't even complain about brain damage. Of course you'll probably never be able to compete if you do this, but it's still pretty good training.

Skulls can take a lot of hits. The injury rate - brain injury especially in boxing is low. Compared to NFL, way less boxers have life debilitating injuries now.

>It's garbage
>Cro Cop
>GSP
>Bas Rutten
>Glaube Feitosa
>Tadashi Sawamura

But I guess some keyboard warrior knows best