Rest between sets

If I'm not lifting for strength, how long should I rest between sets? Is less rest between sets better for hypertophy?

Shameless self bump

Strength =size
7min

wtf else would you be lifting for besides strength?
kys

Yes, light weight high rep with 15 second breaks

No. Literally every study done on the subject shows that short rest times do not make you stronger or bigger, they just fuck up your performance. Short rest times just give you a pump that feels cool, and that's why bros decided it was good.

Aesthetics

If you want a non meme answer its this:

>hypertrophy 30-90 seconds between sets, preferably with 10-16 reps

>strength 3-5 minutes between sets, with 3-5 reps being the most used rep range

*lack of aesthetics

i still dont understand how "hypertrophy sets" actually grow muscle. When its clearly the stronger you are the bigger you are.

interesting. could you give a source?

false. strength has little to do with muscle size.

read pavel's books. they are in the fucking sticky

Lmao at how brainwashed this board is

If you're lifting for strength and getting bigger muscles you're probably between weights for reps. It should be as close as failure as possible to finish your 3-5 reps, where most people confuse it for just a struggle, but easy

This. pretty sure I've heard that somewhere too

never train to failure. or even close

But hypertrophy sets refer to muscle pump which makes you look bigger (because blood and nutrients flow to muscles) but doesnt actually build muscle fibers as much as actual increase in strenght. I guess thats why bodybuilders lose gains after few days of not training

Lmao why. Every set i do the last rep is the absolute last i can do (or in the 1 or 2 off that range). No point in doing 8 reps if you can do 10 12 if you can 14 and so on.

enjoy staying a DYEL

never do more than 5 reps.

this is all basic shit dude.
i shall leave all you faggots to your misinfo.

Yeah basically your CNS reacts to big weights like "well oh shit there is this big thing i need to lift for me to survive, well i need bigger muscles to lift it up"

>your cns is responsible for muscle size
Kek, you break down the muscle and it rebuilds stronger, if you're doing 5 reps then you might only really struggle on the last few and won't really fatigue the muscles, but if you're doing 8+ to failure you will get much more break down

the amount of retardation on this board

But how do you explain the feeling when certain amount of weight starts to feel light if its not your CNS improving in strenght

I didn't say your cns doesn't increase strength, cns will recruit more muscle fibres and allow you to get stronger but strength increase doesn't mean an equal size increase

But your body doesnt want to grow muscles unless it absolutely has to

Which is why you break down the muscles and they are forced to grow back bigger so they can help lift heavier

which is a byproduct of your CNS reacting to outside stimulus

There comes a point where standard routines will no longer increase your strength. At this point you need to make a decision:

>Switch things up and become Aesthetic

or

>Leave humanity behind and become The Egg of the Perfect World.

I just take as long as I need.
Usually it's 4-6 minutes on lower compounds, 2-4 on upper body compounds and 1-2 on accessory lifts. I'll take more if I need too though.

3 min has been proven to give you both the max in terms of strength and size for rests between sets.

3+ mins for heavier compounds so cns can recover properly. ~90 secs for isolations, where only rly the muscle needs to recover