Is having an office job the best option for a Veeky Forumsizen?

Is having an office job the best option for a Veeky Forumsizen?

>no stress
>no wasted calories
>can go to the gym early in the morning
>5 days a week only
>get paid big bucks enough to buy expensive protein
>get mired hard
>make gains resting while 'working'
>make $$$ gains while 'resting'
>can easily intermittent fast from 9-5

Kys

So, what are you training for if you never put your strength to use?

100%
Body gains + money gains + status gains = slayer mode
Gym + Good Job with opportunity for advancement is GOAT

We evolved to sit 12 hours a day.

What real world job can you actually use your strength for that isnt under 20k a year?

Dude i worked in a kitchen and i was the only one able to carry the ''heavy'' 40kg rice bags and stack the shelves with cans and spices.

even those who need strength in their jobs dont have it.

Fucking hated every Office job I had.

I found it mind numbingly boring which made me depressed as fuck.

I need an environment that isn't static.

I ended up being a teacher so I haven't totally escaped the indoor life, but its much better than sitting at a desk, and holidays are pretty good.

Do you remember being younger and saying to yourself "I'll never be like one of those office drones".

This is full circle now, when you find reasons that its okay and you didn't fail and that its actually a good thing you're sitting in an office for most of the rest of your life.

>office job
>job
>no stress

t. never had job

Construction work pays well.

Why must people who lift use their strength to make money, though?

Sitting in the hot sun all day moving light to medium weight items will kill your gains

working a blue collar job makes you want to drop dead as soon as you enter your house, the gym and fitness are the last things you'll think of.

t.ex blue collar worker

Enjoy your fucked up back and joints. Also, this

Yeah it's almost like you grew up and the opinions that you held as a child don't matter to you anymore

I had an office job and wanted to kill myself from inactivity.

What is a non-sedentary job that I can do that doesn't require a degree? other than construction

Yeah as a kid i wanted to eat sweets and cake all day too, or i wanted to play video games all day, or maybe i should stop working and go be an astronaut or president

Nursing/care jobs are fairly active

If trump did it, so could you!

Football player

you're either able to do an office job or not, some people feel like slitting their throats everyday after 6 months because they're so mind numbingly dull. You don't even make top bucks unless you're in some kind of upper department level, or in sales.

t. spent 4 years selling cyber security, now making 80k/year as a nurse

how'd you get into nursing? how long did it take you to 80k/year and where do you live, usa?

Started my RN degree a year after I graduated uni, got it at community college b/c cheap, took about 2 years to complete. Then got my bachelors in nursing with an accelerated degree that took another 2 years. Few nurses have their bachelors, so I had offers from 3 local hospitals, and 4 out of state, all in the 70k-85k range. Took my current job to still be near family. Working on my anesthesia license now, and will be making 100k in about a year.

I'm living in Denver, Colorado.

You need your CNA license in most RN programs, so I recommend getting that first and seeing if you actually enjoy the work, although CNA's typically have worse pay for harder jobs.

If you're doing it right you don't stay in the field forever. You start a business and pay a few employees to do the grunt work or become a manager who only gets their hands dirty once in a while.

IT in a datacenter if you can show you have the experience. There are many IT jobs that require you to be on your feet or lifting equipment.

High school teacher is better

can someone answer an autist like me as to what types of work an "office job" is?

i understand it means you work in an office duh, i mean like what kinds of jobs would be considered office jobs?

>4 years selling cyber security

That was the mistake. The engineers, analysts and consultants who configure what you're selling make the bank.

> Few nurses have their bachelors, so I had offers from 3 local hospitals, and 4 out of state, all in the 70k-85k range. Took my current job to still be near family. Working on my anesthesia license now, and will be making 100k in about a year.

That sounds great. What are the hours like at that level?

>no stress

Hah

I learned it was a mistake about 6 months in, but was fun at times, had perks, and I made about 60k at 20 years old. But would not recommend.

Right now I work about 35/40 hours a week, depending on exams/school work. If you want overtime, it's literally always available as a nurse, and I work about 60/70 hours when school is slow/boring.

As an anesthesiologist, we are expected 35/40 hours a week, while others obviously do 60/70 hours, and salary is based on hospital/experience.

anything with numbers, software development/testing, like 70% of sales jobs, IT, data management/analysis, etc etc

>made as much or more than most people with college degrees at 20 years old
>gets nursing license for cheap
>works full time as nurse while in school making ton of money still
>will make even more after more schooling

oh look another rich genius on Veeky Forums

I wouldn't say genius at all, I think more so I got lucky and met the right person at a job fair, and my mom let me live at home while going to school for nursing so that I could put my income towards that.

I'm about to be 27 now, and still try to better myself everyday pal.

>nurse
>working no less than 300 hours a week

who are you trying to fool

PT

oh and I wasn't quite rich, I relied heavily on grants and scholarships. But making the money I do now does feel good, not going to lie.

sorry senpai

You mean crna. You're not an anesthesiologist.

no, to get into MY RN program, I needed to have a CNA license. Which is the bare minimum to take care of people. I understand your need to discredit people on a mongolian flyfishing forum, but I know what I am talking about.

And no, I'm not an anesthesiologist, I'm going to school to be one.

Lmao youre just pussy who never ran around and played as a child

Nurses aren't anesthesiologists. Doctors that completed an MD or DO and have also completed a 4 year residency in anesthesia, and have also passed their boards are anesthesiologists. You're going to be a certified a certified registered nurse anesthesist. Which is not an anesthesiologist. A cna is not the same as a crna.

This is assuming you're in the US. Maybe britbongs let their nurses call themselves anesthesiologists.

>he doesn't keep all his wealth in gold bars in a suit case and move it from location to location each night to keep one step ahead of the government

I take the subway to work every day and I therefore ride with a lot of people who work in San Francisco. With their briefcases and name badges and all that. Even the people without those things, I'm sure they still work office type jobs

I always wonder what kinds of jobs those people have. I'm not in the field at all (I work in a hospital) and the thought of an "office job" honestly confuses me. I literally don't know what a job that broad consists of.

I'm very aware on what a CNA and CNRA are, thank you. I don't need to go through my entire list of credentials and schooling for an anonymous poster on Veeky Forums that doesn't know what an anesthesiologist is or does but kek that you think I do, pal.

I think they sell insurance and answer phones

>tfw i spent my whole childhood in front of a computer, being a skelly, and asking my mom to open bottles for me
>now i must deal with the consequences

I'm an MD. I know what anesthesiologists are and what they do. Nurses with advanced certificates aren't anesthesiologists. I have friends in gas programs right now, and they'll be anesthesiologists in 4 years after they pass their boards.
Unless you do these things too, you won't be an anesthesiologist.
Sorry, but it takes a long time and a lot of training. It's not an 18 month program after getting a BSN.

Hey Veeky Forums, I need to save up for around 2-4 years. I need any job for that time, one that doesn't require a lot of training or a university education. Needs to make at least £18k a year (britbong).

Any advice? I just want something that won't make me want to kill myself for that amount of time.

Enlist in the military, I think that starts at £18k and is like a 4 year commitment, do something interesting like intelligence analyst or be a techie

>having to tell people you are a nurse

Firefighting..

Firefighting, police, first responders in general

no, OP, let me tell you:
>you sit still all day
>after returning to cubicle after 8 months of neet-life, I've gotten fat as hell, as I don't move all day, and don't have time after I get home in the evening
>meetings, meeting, meetings, projects, projects, projects, projects, stress, stress, stress, overtime, overtime, overtime
at least that's life of a NPD engineer in a major utility vehicle manufacturing company.

why is everyone on fit a doctor or engineer

>be a nurse with anesthesia certificate
>work in outpatient surgery center
>go to pre-op, introduce myself as an """"anesthesiologist"""" to the patient
>the actual doctor comes in
>"Hi, I'm Dr. Chad, I'll be the anesthesiologist for your ACL repair today."
>"I see you've already met my nurse, user."
>mfw

>I found it mind numbingly boring which made me depressed as fuck.
This. Please convince me to get the fuck out of my current job. Pay is sweet as fuck, but days are long, and I literally read tabloids 90 percent of the time, or wait for something to happen. I know it sounds sweet and easy, but after two weeks you really want to die during commute.

for nursing, it's 'anesthetist', as opposed to 'anesthesiologist'. the scope of practice is essentially the same. most programs are going from masters to doctoral degrees.

either way, most people able to do that aren't autistic enough to care about what words are used.

t.nursefag/aspiring CRNA as well

Whatever meme degree you get, you're not an anesthesiologist unless you get your MD or DO. If you're a nurse calling yourself an anesthesiologist, people will fucking laugh at you. Same thing if you are a psych nurse prac calling himself a "psychiatrist", or any other mid level that wants to misrepresent their level of training.

Those jobs are great, and most people that do them do a great job. Just don't misrepresent yourself.

just by the by dad strength comes from years of manual labour not lifting a few times a week like a faggot

Get a job unloading trucks or cooking food on the weekends, so that two days out of every week you'll have it pounded into your skull how good you fucking have it, you ungrateful little shit.

I tried that and I wanted to blow my brains out in a year. The work I did was neaningless and unfulfilling. No amount of money could make it worth it.

Now they actually *pay* me to shoot guns, jump out of planes, scuba dive, and PT up to 6 hours a day if not doing training or field exercises.

Firefighter here. I can confirm that this is the correct answer. Best job in the world.

it's like you didn't even bother to read what i wrote, and posted just to swing your dick around.

MD confirmed.

Haha no stress - has never worked in an office before

>I just munch on carrots all day....so Im the weird health freak in my office

Elaborate my nigga

>"I'll never be like one of those office drones".

I literally never said that because that's a fucking meme opinion that stoners parrot to each other thinking it makes them deep

Actual kek

You may deadlift 600 pounds, but I dare you to fell all day with an ms660 with a 36 inch bar. (Not my pic) Also, logging, ironwork, concrete work, anything construction related. The tools are heavy, the vibrate, you hold them in odd unnatural positions and you're usually in extreme elements which only tends to make it all more hellish.

What "office jobs" do you guys do? There don't seem to be many where I live. I mean, there are a lot I guess, but you either have to be functionally illiterate for the low-level ones or have a tech degree for the high paying ones. I want to sit on my ass at a computer most of the day. I fucking do it right now. But my qualifications just don't fit with any of it. My best bet is a library job which I'm trying to get in the next few weeks if I'm lucky enough to interview for a position that no one has a family member to fill it for.

I sort of agree with this except there's no way I'd do office shit, waaaay too boring. Although I am working retail now and I have time for all of that shit too, which is great. Only problem I've got is it's a little emasculating - I've done hard labor all my life ('manly' shit, now I'm doing what I feel like is a teenagers, or woman's job) I just try to stay positive.

Ever heard of a competition? Jesus.

this is good for fucking up your back and joints. if you want to get strong lift weights faggot nigger

The guy I was replying to didn't ask how to get strong, and I wasn't telling him how to get strong. He asked what job he could work where he could use his strength training. And no, it doesn't 'fuck up your back and joints' lol, but it will make your back and forearms strong as hell. Faggot. Nigger.

What kind of retail?

If its clothing or footwear just kys now.

Liquor store or gas station is acceptable.

I know that feel. I work in a liqour store and its easy as fuck, I hate knowing that literally anyone can do my job, its embarrassing.

Na, nothing like that. It's a sex toy shop.

It's because none of the shit you wrote mattered. user was saying he was going to be an anesthesiologist. I corrected him. You then wrote a bunch of shit about "b-but muh scope of practice..."

Don't call yourself by titles you don't have. End of story. That's my only point. I don't give a fuck about how long your nursing program is, how it's how "it's basically the same thing!!!"

do you see any freak bitches in there?

Yes! That's exactly the feeling! At least when I was doing labor I was driving dump trucks, machinery, using loud heavy tools in hundred degree heat. It was work that anyone maybe could do, but most are way too soft to do and I took pride in that. Now I price dildos :( but it's only til I can get into the union so I just have to hang in there. You have to hang in there too, bro. It will get better, you can make it better.

I have a mate who works in 1 of those. He proud of it. Makes people thing you easy going and open minded.

Sometimes. But honestly it's kind of like what I imagine it would be like to be a gynecologist, 20% hot slutty chciks (that usually already have girl/boyfriend) 80% butterfaces/ single fat nasties. Pretty boring job really.

Yeah thanks man. Same thing here for me hahah, just waiting to get into the union. The fact that im payed 18$/hr for something so easy is nice i suppose. This is just a temporary job to get me where im going.

Nice, dude! If you don't mind me asking, what union?

Everyone on Veeky Forums is a STEM major or graduate.

So you get paid to sit around and do nothing but it's soooo fucking awful huh?

Grow up, you piece of shit.

Boredom is the world's most painful but slowest killing poison.

I'd like to work as a community college professor somewhere out in the burbs or a small town eventually.

Working as a teacher in Korea rn, got a 172 on the lsat, and turned down a full ride to a top twenty, a half scholly at UCLA, and full price to a couple top tens.

Do you think that's achieve-able?

I'm not a fucking nerd and I'm lazy as shit so the whole biglaw thing doesn't really appeal to me but a free JD seems better than doing a long ass PhD in something like Political Science where I'd have to be a prof.

Thoughts?

This shit made me kek, fookin hell mate

Is Fire/Police rivalry a real thing or can we be bros? I'm going into the academy and think of firefighters as our brothers in arms but I've been given the impression we're rivals or something.

Spectating, get btfo user. Nurses aren't doctors.

Works for me, I have a routine I do and makes for better dieting. Downside is 0 activity.

physical jobs only ruin your back/joints if you don't take care of yourself and don't use common sense when lifting things. kind of like at the gym!

>MD or DO
>Not a PHD

top kek """"doctors""""

Once again, grow up. Boredom is going to happen. Only teenagers hate boredom more than anything.

ITT: Delusional tradies

Right. I can't stand people that whine about their office job being boring since there's nothing to do. If I was paid to do nothing I'd be the happiest guy alive.

more like 8h at the office and you often stand up and walk around the office

people get bored for more reasons than 'nothing to do', user. some people enjoy being challenged and hate the monotony and tedium with office jobs

High School teacher? which subject?

You should know better.

a entry union laborer makes 60/hr plus benefits