What's an acceptable amount of strength to be "strong" for general people?

What's an acceptable amount of strength to be "strong" for general people?

Also does anyone else on Veeky Forums feel like they're outwardly a normie but feel really at home with the sentiment of this board about " lift until somebody loves you" like I do?

1/2/3/4 is like god tier compared to normies

if you're just telling them your numbers, literally anything with a "hundred" in it will impress most people
I'm a 600 deadlifter and my gf tells me that there's no difference between that and a 405 deadlift

user, I really really really like this image.

You can save it!

>having a gf

Faggot

>I bet you kiss girls faggot

I 100% feel the same way user. You are not alone

sad but true. Ironically, 90% of this board will never attain basic benchmark of 1/2/3/4, I find myself struggled for a few months before I could get 2 pl8 bench.

P-Pls don't make fun of me, I was f-focus on s-school so I couldn't go to the g-gym consistantly

I don't get this comic. Can someone explain it?

100% true.

My gym is as normie as it gets, and I never see anyone come close to this. There are 2 others besides me who bench 2 plates. One is a mutant-tier powerlifter, and the other is a generally big guy in his 30s. Benching any number that starts with 200 is extraordinary to normies.

newfag, what is 1/2/3/4?

the 45lbs plate is called "a plate"
OHP/Bench/Squat/Deadlift
if you OHP 135lbs, Bench 225lbs, Squat 315lbs, and deadlift 405 you are at 1/2/3/4

fuck that sounds awesome. I'm a weak pussy struggling with 5x5 7.5 kg OHP lol. new goal

But muh shoulders. I can rep 135×6 on strict HOP but cannot bench more than 205. It is like my left shoulder comes out of position.

In my opinion it's a weird goal set really.
I hit 1 plate OHP long, long before I even hit 200 in bench. Let alone 300 in squat or 350 in deadlift.
I feel like 1.5 plate for OHP is more in line with the other goals. 135 OHP for one rep really isn't that hard where as 170-180lbs for one rep OHP is pretty hard.
My biggest struggle with bench was the form. I thought I was doing it right for the longest time because come on, it's fucking bench you just lower the bar to your chest and raise it back up. Boy was I wrong. After I started aiming for good form, started doing bench variations (close grip, wide grip, incline, dumbbell bench for a bit) did I really start progressing in bench.

1/2/3/4 doesnt mean anything to a normy cause the dont have any concept about how hard / easy that is. better say tou can do an ironman and 50pullups
2/3/4/5 and feeling weak as fuck. the more you lift the weaker you think you are

Being able to move your furniture

I was skely and I could do that

This

Normies are fucking retarded man. First time deadlifting I managed to get a 100 kg 1rm(it wasnt first time training legs tho) and all my normie friendly acted like I was Brian Shaw or something, although Im dyel as shit by this boards standards

howboutyoufuckoff

I'm the exact opposite, been training 3 months and stuck on 5x35kg for weeks. I'm a lot closer to 3pl8 squat and 4pl8 diddly than 1pl8/2pl8 OHP and Bench.

this lol
cringing hard at summerfags this yr round

yup, you can pretty much crush everyone with 1/2/3/4

You forgot to say thats for 5 reps each exercise

Is that 1 repmax or working sets?

I've seen people saying 1RM and 5RM; either way once you're hitting them for 1 it's only a few months until you can rep out 5 so no big deal in my opinion

Thanks user!

Normies react no differently to me now telling them I deadlift 260kg, than they did when I used to tell them I deadlift 160kg.

Normies just don't have a reference for moving those kinds of weights so its all the same. 100kg is as impressive as 200kg to the average person.

Why do you keep posting 1234 but we can NEVER agree wether it's 1rm, 5 reps or 10?

Normies only care about bench

its a simple standard

curious now.

how many reps is 1234?
i always considered it to be actual working weight, so 5

fuck I'm at 1 plate ohp 200lb bench but only 215 squat and 315 deadlift and adding another plate seems so far off on my legs. Fuck my faggot chicken legs

I sometimes feel like a normie but then I remember I'm a virgin and it stops.

>1 plate ohp
>200lbs bench
you're probably cheating on your ohp with those numbers
who cares

A little bit in the last reps. More of a bounce at the bottom and a grindy last rep with too much leaning back. Just gonna hang on this weight for awhile and perfect the form before moving on.
Also what's good power clean for this weight. The cleans are starting to whoop my ass

Nah bro. I'm not that guy but same happened to me. My OHP is real strict and I hit 1pl8 months before I approached a 200 bench. Genetics and length of arms I'm thinking.

are you joking

OHP is the easiest of 1/2/3/4

If you can do 1/2/3/4, you're decently strong. You'll be stronger than most people are anyways after like 3 months of lifting (noticeably so) but to really pass the cutoff for "strong guy" I'd say 1/2/3/4. Some people even stop here or don't go much further than 1.5/2.5/3.5/4.5 and focus on maintaining that and improving flexibility, endurance and cardiovascular efficiency.

Them's counting numbers.

A twenty fourth.

1 gallon of milk
2 jars of peanut butter
3 cups of oats
4 pounds of chicken

Working sets. There's literally no point in testing maxes a that level because the stress you apply in the test is going to be enough to cause a strength adaptation, meaning you could do the same test three days later and probably have a higher 'max.'

arch your back and pull your shoulders back

1 pl8 ohp is about equal to 210 bench (while 145 to 225 is the ratio I've observed most in strength athletes), if you bench sub 200 while doing the ohp you are cheating yourself on the form. Has been the case in every example I've seen, not as strict form as the trainees would like to believe themselves

Nauh my bench form is pure trash. Can never get my width right. Feels more. Comfortable close but can't lift as much and when I use the ring on the bar my elbows flare like all fuck. Really need to worm on my bench more

no really, it impresses the fuck out of normies.

Back when I was a noob, like half plate squat noob, i helped my friends move, and there was this table. one guy said wait, hell get the others to help, im like wat. so I lifted it up alone and moved it and everyone was so impressed with me.

I walked past the one girl who was also helping and I could actually feel the heat coming from her vagina as I walked past.

It's 20 reps

I had some optional classes at my uni where I could use the gym and most normies there were training with 40 kgs on the bench press and struggling. One guy was squatting about the same weight and one was showing OHP form to someone with 30 kgs. There are some exceptions - naturally built guys, but most untrained men are weak as shit so whatever you're working with after half a year will be exceptional to them.

I think the reason why is normies have absolutely no idea of the magnitude of how heavy something is. They have never lifted 200 lb off the floor because they don't have a reason to like how said.

It reminds me of that one fat chick who posted on /adv/ claiming to run a 3 minute mile. Normies just have no concept of the sport and the levels that separate people unless you're lifting some crazy weight like 700lbs. That's why when my friends ask me how strong I am I usually just tell them how many of them I can press over my head or pick up off the ground

Thats an autistic way to tell people what you can lift. Instead of telling them you should just pick them up and show them.
>Inb4 you hang clean a baby and proceed to OHP it for 3 reps before failing.

Kek m8

I hit 2pl8 bench and 135 ohp for reps within the first three months, two for ohp

Took me years to get 405 deadlift for 3 reps. I have arms longer than I am tall.

And I ran meme powerlifting and strength programs.

I just naturally have always had better upper body strength than lower body. Not shaped like I would, kinda lanklet tier, but it is what it is.

>" lift until somebody loves you"
Also known as "beating around the bush" or "focusing in the wrong priorities".

>I have arms longer than I am tall.

Uhh that's better for deadlift, not worse

If you can't flip over you cunt gf's car after finding her cheating you're too weak

If by "general people" you mean people who don't lift, literally nothing is impressive to them in the sense of the word. They have no frame of reference so they don't know whether it's impressive or not. They might find a frame of reference and be impressive if you visualize it by saying you could lift them multiplied by 2 off the floor.
If you mean normie gym goers, a 2pl8 bench for reps is considered pretty strong.