Why do you lift?

why do you lift?

>pic related

for anime and all the doggos around the world

For the King.

To alleviate my depression and complete lack of confidence.

To one day, have a girl not look at me without disgust

I got really tired of being that one guy in the friend group who couldn't play sports or do cool shit outside so I decided to stop being that guy. That was 2 years ago, once I started getting Veeky Forums, lifting and dieting I just sorta never stopped... I don't really have a goal besides consistently improving my lifts and never getting fat again

At least girls notice you. I'm like a ghost.

how's your progress so far?

for my waifu

Lol. I used to love her on this kid's show called Mystery Hunters. I've looked her up a few times, she isn't very active.

And not as cute as she was then. Pic related.

Respect, Girl's, Confidence, Self Esteem, and Strength.

Lenny get off Veeky Forums

If I keep my body moving I can forget the pain.

Strength.
Aesthetics.
And I like the way I feel after a workout.

>lifting for anybody but Addie

Not gonna make it

For my parents. I want to impress them.
Also I have a few anime shirts I want to wear in public. If I look good, I can wear those without being self-conscious.

>lifting for anime

I'm not alone?

I lost 70 pounds and I'm pretty close to healthy weight (BMI 26) but because I train strength I'm in better shape than a lot of people I know these days. I still need to work on my cardio health though, I still get worn out quicker than I'd like

For Frodo

Who's this sperm worm?

i lift because i enjoy it and because i want to save money on my eventual sex tourism adventures. don't need charisma if the cunts can't understand me!

Just to be healthier. Recently am getting teased for being too skinny by a bunch of friends and treated as lesser for it so I guess that pushes me to start now at least.

Demonstration of will

Not even close.
I went to an anime con a few weeks ago and saw thousands of weebs, most of whom are from my city.
None of them actually looked like they lifted though, but I do.

woah nellie

And my axe

Girl's what? Oh, you meant girls.

i lift to indimidate, so people leave me alone

glad it works

>ctrl+f
>'race war'
>0 of 0

Disappointed.

This + stress relief.

I've been lifting for a year, thought I made some gains, felt alright about myself, even bought some nice clothes, and then
>go out yesterday with some new friends I made at my new job
>thought we were getting along
>they spend all night poking fun at me
>at one point literally say how skinny and ugly I am, and that I dress weird
>laugh it off but die inside
>I guess it was noticeable because "lmao he's gonna cry"

I guess no use if me trying to be attractive or social
I'll just keep lifting to be big so at least I'm ugly and big, and not ugly and skinny.

I dont lift anymore

Ugly and big is a very nice mix because when you look pissed no one wants to fuck with ya. It's the perfect appearance for autists and it does work miracles.

get out

health, aesthetics, and it feels good

I lift because the idea was drilled into me as a kid by my dad that our bodies are the only thing we ever really own so we better take care of them. Also cuz being buff means I get to be a huge fucking anime and vidya geek and people find it quirky or endearing instead of creepy.

[spoiler]Miss you pops[/spoiler]

For a Korean GF.

Cookie cutter!

Spite for the world

Hi Lenny. When will the next vid be out?

For improvement to physical fitness, mental well being. Oh, and as a result of a break up of course.

same, I actually feel ill when I don't lift regularly. I started because I was out of shape and now I do it out of necessity to function.

Im lifting for my kids. I want them to percive me as a strong role model that they can rely on feel secure that i would easily beat up other dads

To forget about the pain.

>lifting for a vegetable

for jesus. unironically kys if you lift for anything else.

For her

LennY CLEAN YOUR ROOM

I lift because I have an inferiority complex and am a narcissist who feels the need to be better than everyone else.

I rationalize it by saying that I want to be healthy but the truth is I'm constantly judging myself against every man I meet and I do not want my delusions of being better to be false.

Rahowa

Sounds just like an addiction

I lift for beach

This might be the most honest post I have ever seen on Veeky Forums.

>feel the need to be better
>doesnt already think he is better
Why be a faggot if your going to cuck yourself while doing it?
Also stop giving a fuck about other men, straight beta mentality, if you want to be fucking awesome just be what you think fucking awesome is and the right group of people will find you. Chad and Stacy are only fun for each other, after you fuck a Stacy you will realize she is dumb as rocks and unless you are dumb as a nigger with AIDS you will want that whore out of your life faster than you were blowing your load the night before.

Lifting is part of getting my life back on track. I need to lose weight and learn discipline.

I flippantly refer to my current stage in life as "disaster recovery." But all that means is I'm keeping my nose close to the grindstone on more than just fitness. Something like a "cocoon mode" without purposefully sacrificing social and mental well being.

LENNY REPS

Sauce?

How are you skinny after 1 year of lifting? Are you in a state of permacut?

I dress weird as fuck. I know I do because I do it on purpose sometimes. Not like an SJW imma wear weird shit to make a statement kind of clothes but I knowingly buy shit because I want to see how people react when I wear a certain outfit. Nobody seems to care, guess I'm just aesthetic...bums me the fuck out honestly, and I'm pretty sure my friends dress weird now too to mimic me and all I can do is silently hate them for looking dumb as fuck.

>why do you lift?
i dont

I lift for Taylor Swift, the one true Queen of Veeky Forums.

DALE!

They sound like dicks.

She's Tony's

Because it alleviates depression for a bit

For Akari

So I can fuck a tig bitty bish.

the black dude from mystery hunters went to my middle school

Repent and get back to the gym, brother!

bruh..

YES IT'S YOU AGAIN

FOR BEACH YES LIFT FOR BEACH

I started lifting in hope that she would return...they do not.

Thought i was the only one too lmao

>not lifting for TOSHINO KYOKO