TLDR: CARDIO IS USELESS FOR FAT LOSS

When did you realize cardio does fuck all for fat loss and that there must be some unknown mechanism going on in the body that causes the body to not expend as much calories as you think you're burning?

I've been lifting since 2004 (I'm 29) I noticed that my BEST cuts happened when I did zero cardio, the with the cuts I did cardio on the fat loss wasn't any faster, all it did was make the cuts more painful. I've also noticed there's a lot of skinny-fat/fat guys at my gym that just do hours of cardio all the time, they've been doing it for years and years, and still look skinny-fat/fat despite all that cardio.

I have a feel the way we use to hunt animals down effected our biology in a way that we can do long periods of cardio and body enters some stasis sort of phase where it tries to reduce energy output as much as possible in order so we don't starve to death. Hunting an animal down would of taken hours upon hours of slowly tiring the animal out over long distances, if the bodies of those humans back then were actually burning 300-400+ calories an hour chasing down that animal they would have starved to death even with the calories ingested from the animal. This makes me believe that our bodies don't actually burn 300-400 calories an hour in cardio, maybe it does 1/4th of that, and the rest our bodies some how simply doesn't expend.

I also believe the more often you do the cardio, the better your body becomes at reducing the amount of calories it expends even more during the activity.

TLDR: CARDIO IS USELESS FOR FAT LOSS

what the fuck kind of cardio did you do?

doing HIIT on the treadmill is absolutely fantastic for cardiovascular fitness and training fast twitch muscle

putting on 50+ lb of muscle means nothing if you get winded climbing a flight of stairs like an average fat fuck

do your fucking cardio

Fucking science

Medium protein, high fat, low carbs and a calorie deficit combined with weights and HIIT are amazing for cuts. I throw in some LISS cardio a few times a week, usually a long run of some laps in the pool as it relaxes me.

Of should be or, sorry phoneposting

You're a typical internet faggot, why? You didn't even respond to the point I was making. You just sperged out about how cardio is good for overall health and fitness.

How about you try again next and address the point I made about it being USELESS FOR FAT LOSS.

>le I'm not intelligent enough to comprehend let alone discuss these topics therefore it must be a bait

>my body speshul body doesn't burn fat even though exercising burns calories!!! :(

you eat too much and you don't exercise enough you fat piece of shit

argue some more about how your body is literally bulletproof and would survive millennias as the crocs did

kek btfo

no point in arguing with bait
but, in the past 2 weeks I've lost 8 lbs
I've been doing cardio
haven't changed my eating habits
and my lifting in the gym has not dipped
that means that 8 lbs was fat
oh look cardio is good for fat loss

I'm not fat you spastic cunt.

Get owned.

So what would you recommend for a cut?

I'm 186 lbs and eating at 1900 calories per day. My cut has slowed dramatically even though I eat 150g of protein each day. My workouts are usually 90 minutes with 75 minutes devoted to lifting and the last 15 minutes to cardio.

OF COURSE ITS USELESS FOR FAT LOSS

ITS CALLED CARDIO

AS IN: ITS FOR YOUR CARDIOVASCULAR HEALTH

Agree 100% OP.

cardio
>causes heart disease
>sucks for cuts
>is powered by carbs, so if you're eating low-carb, you have shitty cardio
>is terrible at actually helping you lose weight

>B-but muh hunter gatherers
Humans evolved from tree monkeys. We hunted by leaping from a branch or throwing a stick. Once we got out of the trees, we were eating giant ground sloths. We never had to run to eat them, we just grabbed pointy rocks and peeled off huge sides of meat. There was no "running to hunt down game". By the time humans had made giant sloths extinct and had to eat smaller game such as bovine, we were using tools, traps, and weapons. Even just a mob of humans pelting a cornered animal for stones was enough. No running necessary. Look at the human foot: it's terrible for running. If we were runners we would have feet like horses or cheetahs, and we'd have tails. Instead we have delicate feet made for graceful, dainty movements and climbing cliff faces.

>186 lbs
>1,900 calories

1,900 calories is maintenance for 140 lbs with zero cardio/zero lifting.
You're probably impatient, or you're not counting properly and eating more than 1,900 calories.

So, I can do cardio all week long without eating and sleeping, because cardio does not consume any energy? That what you want to say, you stupid faggot?

Eat less calories, lift more, sleep more.

Lol you just dont run hard enough

Tell me about fat loss when youre running a sub 35 minute 10k

I use MFP to track all of my meals and I only go over 1900 once a week (I enjoy a small amount of fast food with my gf).

My clothes are all fitting smaller but I still have a gut. I'm adding HIIT to my cardio but no luck. Should I just lift exclusively?

cardio puts massive unnecessary strain on the heart and in addition the increase in blood flow can loosen up plaque/fats/cholesterol in veins/arteries thereby increasing risk of heart attacks and stroke, if you actually fall for the cardio meme in 2017 you're a fucking dumbass

T. gets winded walking up stairs

How long have you been cutting?

As I said, 1,900 calories is maintenance calories for 140 lbs with zero cardio/zero lifting.

If you actually eat 1,900 calories per day you will eventually end up at 140 lbs before your weight hits maintenance.

About 1 month.

I started at 190 lbs

Keks

I assume you're eating 500cal below your TDEE? If so then you're on the right track: 4lbs/month=1lb/week which is what you lose with a 500cal deficit. Remember it takes 3500cal to lose a lb

Pic

>cardio
>causes heart disease

You can render cardio useless by what you eat. Meaning no matter how much you run on a treadmill, if you go home and eat whole large pizzas by yourself then the net effect is 0.

Just because some fatties at your gym don't watch what they eat is not proof that cardio "is useless" on a reasonable diet.

Name of Chad?

Not him, but it does if you do too much of it.

Marathon runners have a much higher incidence of cardiac disease.

I realized that cardio is full of shit when I was running 38 miles weekly and fucking gaining weight that I worked so hard to drop. I was 210lbs at 5'11" and lost 30 pounds at my first year of running. But then when I started training for marathon, I fucking started gaining most of my weight back. I realized that something is wrong when I went back to 195lbs. Thank god that I injured my foot, ditched running, discovered intermittent fasting and calisthenics which drove me to lifting. Now I'm 169lbs and 13% bf on a summer cut.

>TLDR: CARDIO IS USELESS

stopped reading there because i already know you're a corpulent, shit stinking manlet lol.

Anything that adds to your calories out during a cut works towards your loss of weight, or at least adds to your expenditure of calories in. I've never heard of a statistic or rule of science which has directly correlated cardio to less fat loss.
As long as you make sure to eat enough protein and lift during your cut, you'll lose mostly (or atleast a good amount) of fat during your cut.
Cardio is also good for your overall health, and even if it doesn't make you lose as much fat, or more muscle, I would do it regardless, cause I care about my cardiovascular health.
Other than that, everybody's body works differently in some way, so figure out what works for you, and implement shit according to what you wanna do.

>i don't have the mental strength top continue when it get uncomfortable

It's ok OP.

everything is useless for fat loss unless you eat at a caloric deficit and get your macros right

Fuck this is such a fucking useless post. Everything can kill you in excess you fuck nut. Barely anyone is running marathons here you dumb cunt. Jesus christ.

Cardio itself doesn't burn calories for shit, but improving your overall fitness causes your metabolic rate to skyrocket, thus consuming more calories over an extended period of time.

>I also believe the more often you do the cardio, the better your body becomes at reducing the amount of calories it expends even more during the activity.
Your body will become used to the activity like all other muscle memory, but as long as your heart rate is up, its still maintaining that higher rate of caloric consumption by your metabolism. Plus, if you're not pushing yourself, what the fuck was the point of exercising in the first place?

>doesn't burn calories for shit
What do you mean by this?

>I have a feel
>This makes me believe
>I also believe

Come with some fucking evidence before you spew your fucking nonsense

You clearly have absolutely no idea what you are talking about and are purely speculating. Why not go and do some actual research on the subject instead of coming up with your own deluded theories and then rubbishing anyone who says otherwise? I suggest you first google how the body actually burns calories in the first place.

didchortle.com

not that guy, but
pic with stamp?
also cavemen were autistic enough to hunt down prey that's only worth 500 Cals for each person eating from it when they burned 800 Cals to hunt it down. That's why they all died early coz their BF% was too low.
also proves vegans right #Vegan4Lyf

WHATEVER IT TAKES TO NOT WORKOUT HERE WE GO

How is that a chad you mongoloid

Or you know, water weight?

Humans can out run any animal in terms of distance, clearly if we can do that it is programmed into us from thousands of years of evolution, you probably think that early humans used to fight saber toothed tigers dont you kek

>: CARDIO IS USELESS FOR FAT LOSS

I will never get what people on this board have against having a healthy heart.

What else actually makes your heart fitter? Makes you run for longer, boosts your stamina and generally makes you feel good?

I seriously do not understand the hate for cardio on this board.

>g no matter how much you run on a treadmill, if you go home and eat whole large pizzas by yourself then the net effect is 0.

Yes, I ate a whole large pizza and was no longer be able to run that 5k, I had to restart c25k from the start.