Vegan skelly manlet

hi Veeky Forums, vegan 178cm manlet here. weight about 68kg.

so i started lifting about a month ago, steadily hitting PRs, feeling pretty good. i'd say i know how to eat, easily get my daily protein in and hit my caloric surpluses. in terms of training im currently hitting the gym 3 times a week, doing full body stuff, mostly its compound exercises on machines for now, but i want to transition to free weights asap.

im wondering if its realistic for me to get to 75kg by the end of the year. any input would be much appreciated

pic is a meal i ate yesterday, spelt topped with beans and veggies and some jalapenos cuz they yummy

Other urls found in this thread:

jamanetwork.com/journals/jamaneurology/fullarticle/784788
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16219987
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6299329
jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/486478
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21092700
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21118604
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14561278
m.ajcn.nutrition.org/content/70/6/1032.full
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16087975
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16188209
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12323090
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12323085
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21753065
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2756917
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1628441/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11043928
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3354491
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12748410
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21613354
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16873950
ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Iron-HealthProfessional/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11269606
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19103647
m.jn.nutrition.org/content/137/11/2346.full
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/35465
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3257705/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1435181
m.ajcn.nutrition.org/content/42/1/127.abstract
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/159772
m.jap.physiology.org/content/82/1/49
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21353476
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/4067152
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8005079
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1874810/pdf/canmedaj01383-0052.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7788369
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3137939/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2912628/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25076673
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8442642
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19748244
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3948463
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18293883
twitter.com/AnonBabble

looks eww

Tbh it seems like it just need a bit more spice and maybe more tomatoes

it actually tasted really nice. i kinda stopped putting a lot of effort into meals (at least from a taste perspective) since i cook about 3-4 a day, it gets tedious.

Why don't you make bigger meal with more calories dense food ?

Flax seeds go well in most meals and they add a super ratio of Omega 3/ omega 6 + a lot of micro .

for instance? that meal was pretty big tbf, the picture doesn't quite do it justice. i know how much i can currently eat in one sitting, and thats how much ill make for one meal. no need to make too much just to eat cold leftovers an hour later

yeah, i put them in my breakfast. 100g oats 30g flax, 50g walnut powder and a tbsp of almond butter, in a blender

You gotta try to add dat Cocoa powder + banana . The taste is amazing .

mmh doesnt sound bad, might give this a try thx

>vegan
>manlet
>started month ago
so many wrong things here

yeah im a manlet, nothing i can do about that.
whats wrong with the other 2

are you 100% vegan ?
I started heavily limiting my consumption of meat but I don't want to supplement of miss out on anything so I still eat beef heart and liver from time to time .

>
yeah 100% bro. i supplement b12 and omega3 (altho this might be unnecessary).

what is it you think you might miss out on? if its protein, i have no problem getting 180g in, it would just be far more than necessary.

theres no nutrients in beef that you cannot easily obtain from plants.

heres what i ate some days ago, note that i didnt include a fair amount of fresh veggies and salads as i was trying to track protein intake on here specifically

woops

and the correlating protein intake

Bullshit, apart from lentils and flax seeds nothing on that list has more than 10% protein. No way that's more than 100 grams.

Skelly at 68 kg at 178cm???
I'm 177cm and I'm fat if I get to 70kg

you should google tempeh, retard.

Still, 200 g tempeh is 40 g protein only. I cbf to log everything from scratch on mfp but I'm pretty sure the proton numbers don't add up

What app/site is that?

Cronometer, newfag

I actually already have an account there from a while ago but I forgot what the site was.

>what's peanut/almond butter
>what is tempeh
>what are lentils
>what is oatmeal
>what are beans

retard detected

this can only mean you dont have ANY muscle on you

just eat flax seeds instead of supplementing. You should only supplement if you're like 50years+

>178cm
>manlet
You know you are above average in most countries

Do any of you fucking retards know how to make a vinaigrette? Stop putting dry rabbit food and poop into little plastic tubs like a fucking pleb and learn to put together a proper salad. Unless you want to be suicidal you should learn to actually make food.

uhh lmao.. go and add the numbers up. some of the numbers on cronometer are actually lower than what the things i ate state on the packaging, so these values, if anything, are higher than 175g

You even admitted to being a skeleton and a beginner, why should I listen to you

spelt > 15%
oats > 11%
brazil nuts > 14%
pecans > 11%
high protein bread > 22% !

yeah, can provide pictures of the packaging if you dont believe it

listen to google if you have to. ive been into nutrition for a very long time, since going vegan, which is about 3 years ago.

Vegans are deficit in b12:

jamanetwork.com/journals/jamaneurology/fullarticle/784788
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16219987

High fiber diets reduce serum half life of vitamin D3:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6299329

Vegans have weaker bones due to lower calcium intake and vitamin D3 levels:

jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/486478
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21092700

Vegans have a worse memory compared to non vegans due to creatine deficiency in vegans:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21118604
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14561278

Vegans have less gains compared to non vegans:

m.ajcn.nutrition.org/content/70/6/1032.full

Vegans are deficient in omega threes:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16087975
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16188209
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12323090
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12323085

Vegans are deficit in carnitine:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21753065
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2756917
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1628441/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11043928

Vegans are deficient in taurine:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3354491

Vegans are deficient in iodine:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12748410
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21613354

Vegans are deficient in Coenzyme Q10:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16873950

Vegans are deficient in iron due to the fact that iron from plant sources is less bioavailable than iron from meat sources:

ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Iron-HealthProfessional/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11269606

Vegans are deficient in vitamin A:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19103647
m.jn.nutrition.org/content/137/11/2346.full

Vegans have a lower sperm count than non vegans:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/35465
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3257705/

Vegans have lower testosterone than non vegans:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1435181
m.ajcn.nutrition.org/content/42/1/127.abstract
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/159772
m.jap.physiology.org/content/82/1/49

Veganism causes loss of libido and erectile dysfunction:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21353476

Children who are raised on strict vegan diets do not grow normally:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/4067152
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8005079

Children develop rickets after prolonged periods of strict vegetarian diets:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1874810/pdf/canmedaj01383-0052.pdf

"There are some links between vegetarians and lower birthweight and earlier labour"

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7788369

Effects of vitamin B12 and folate deficiency on brain development in children:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3137939/

"Particular attention should be paid to adequate protein intake and sources of essential fatty acids, iron, zinc, calcium, and vitamins B12 and D. Supplementation may be required in cases of strict vegetarian diets with no intake of any animal products."

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2912628/

These next five are case studies:

Cerebral atrophy in a vitamin B12-deficient infant of a vegetarian mother:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25076673

Severe megaloblastic anemia in child breast fed by a vegetarian mother:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8442642

Consequences of exclusive breast-feeding in vegan mother newborn - case report:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19748244

Nutritional vitamin B12 deficiency in a breast-fed infant of a vegan-diet mother:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3948463

"We report the case of a 7 month-old girl that presented with acute anemia, generalized muscular hypotonia and failure to thrive. Laboratory evaluation revealed cobalamin deficiency, due to a vegan diet of the mother."

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18293883

1. supplements

2. supplements

3. supplements

4. makes no mention of vegans, only omnis and vegetarians.
-creatine is made in our bodies, if you eat a healthy balanced diet, youre never going to be deficient

5. "Effects of an omnivorous diet compared with a lactoovovegetarian diet" lol

6. supplements

7. same as creatine.

pic related

sorry, abject retard here, but wouldn't eating crickets/ ants/ any commercially farmed insect get you srsly dense protein without violating most major vegan rationale?

Not a vegan but maybe replace kidney beans with chickpeas. They have like twice the protein and are more calorie dense.

According to most vegans not even insects are ok to exploit (honey is not vegan), so eating crickets is not ok either
Personally I don't care. I don't eat them, but if you want to switch to a vegan diet and you can't live without an ant shake and cricket sausage, have at it.

>Chickpeas have twice the protein in kidney beans
All legumes are about 25% protein when dry, you probably compared dry chickpeas to cooked beans

id refute this but it seems futile as you appear to be a spoon fed retard who doesnt comprehend the studies hes copy pasting

i rotate my beans around, kidney beans were on offer that day, which is why i happened to use them. making some hummus today

Insects are basically little computers. How the fuck is eating honey exploitation? It's stuff like that which makes veganism look like a religion based on feelings and not a diet based on scientific evidence.

I'm not sure how conclusive those are because many vegans have bad diets. A properly balanced vegan diet isn't what was being tested there. Tbh the only vegans I know all eat fries, chips, all that bad shit.

Maybe 25% of calories but like I said chickpeas are more calorie dense. Realistically you're not going to eat 500g or kidney beans with every meal but you could eat 250g of chickpeas.

He said he's skelly, I've been 55 kg no muscle and I'm now 63 kg with muscle, if he's 68 kg with muscle and low fat then he's not skelly because he'd look good

As I said, I personally don't care. If ant bacon is stopping you from going vegan, cut out chicken, beef, eggs and dairy, and eat your heart out in insects
All legumes are about 360kcal per 100g and 25 g (not %) protein, google it. Cooking does not change the caloric density, because boiled beans and boiled chickpeas alike increase 2-2.5x in volume from water.

>1. 2. 3.
If the vegan diet is so healthy, why does it require supplements?

>4.
Vegans are more diet restrictive, it is logical to believe that vegans are worse off

>5. Healthy balanced diet
So the opposite of veganism?

>6.
See above

>7.
See above

>id refute this
Amazing that you read all that in a few minutes.

Drop the name you shitty attention whore.

I did google it and the protein numbers for kidney beans vary a lot per sight. Some say around 4g per 100g cooked and some say 7-8. My cans of kidney beans say 4.4g protein per 100g cooked and my chickpeas say 7.9.

vary site by site*

just find it annoying when im discussing with someone and posts/posters get mixed up

Iets say im skinnyfat. but yah rIy dont have much mustIe on me currentIy, though a month ago i was at 66kg

It's like you are trying to confuse yourself mate... Just Google D R Y kidney beans
The differences you see are because some sites imply the beans are strained (coincidentally, the same ~8g you see with chickpeas) and other sites have values based on the can content (240g cooked beans and 160 g brine), which dilutes the protein content because water has no protein

Not a reason to be a namefag/tripfag. Go use reddit instead.

its realistic for you to get to 100kg by the end of the year if you're willing to eat enough and don't mind getting fat, strive for muscle and strength gains not some arbitrary weight points

My canned chickpeas have 7,9 protein. It varies between brands.

sorry if it makes you mad
damn didnt think my question wouId stiII get addressed! 30kg huh, iII do my best, seems Iike a Iot tbqh

>omega3
try chia seeds, taste like nothing you can put it in one of your daily meals
one table spoon and you'll get your daily omega3 requirements

That makes more sense
Anyways to your original question, why the fuck would you want to get to 75 kg by the end of the year? It is possible but it will mostly be fat
And don't respond to people trying to convince you to not be vegan, do your thing, responding will only cause them to shit post more

dunno, just trying to set a goaI that is tangibIe to me in some way, maybe i shouId be thinking more in terms of strength goaIs, Iike a strong bench press or something.