Muh Genetics

What does Veeky Forums think of having your genes tested?
Any personal experience?

Other urls found in this thread:

openparliament.ca/bills/42-1/S-201/
youtube.com/watch?v=bVV2RFEiqN4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Its cool

SUB SAHARAN GENETICS

Paying someone to tell you your race when you already know. Unless you want to be "exotic" or "pure".

hey man we have the same genetics

Are you from Romania or Bulgaria?

They have a computer spit out some random numbers and charge you $$$ for the privilege

What website/service did you use?

Holy mongrel batman

23andme

>willing giving your dna to jews

Regarding accuracy of these tests?

My results show my family relations on their own, my first cousins had a test done and it says hey this guy is your first cousin. My cousin saw my name and contacted me right away. We are actually first cousins on my moms side, and the 23andme tests were correct. The odd part was how similar our results were and she also has ever % literally the same. We're from the same village in east europe, however, we have lived in the US for over 20 years now. I was born there...

pretty neat

having your sequence gives you access to other cool shit from other ((companies))

Only pedigrees can post ITT.

I just got this, doing the test tomorrow. Tips on getting enough spit? I tried once and barely filled a fucking ml.

I'm Bulgarian, about 1/8th Greek. Have hooded eyelids so may have some Asian ancestry. Excited to find out.

I'll probably have results like

Had mine tested about 10-12 years ago now as there's an inherited disease on my mother's side of the family called neurofibromatosis and I wanted to know whether I could look forward to a similar fate as my uncle and granddad. Luckily my sister and I are both in the clear.

pic related is a very extreme example.

holy shit is that photoshop because no one has 100%, there's always like 0.01% african

It takes 1.5 months to get initial results

At least make a thread when you get results senpai

It's legit, my man.

background to go with this

nobody can out mongrel me

>Only pedigrees can post ITT.

So close

Inbreeding.

And seriously the website just blatantly told him that someone else was related to him? That sounds like a massive violation of privacy to me.

Lots of people don't have the 0.1% African, I don't have it and neither do a lot of the people I'm connected with on there.

Hey guys, 6''2 and 7x6 uncut dick too. #blessed

She contacted me and yea if you set your privacy settings correct anyone else with similar genetics can see your name. So what? It doesn't show the full genetic code just what parts you're both from and what similar genetics you do have

alright mane

do you have to pay extra for those blond hair/eye color/medical stuff/etc?

I don't think 23andme offers medical reports anymore. They had problems with the FDA because of it.

fuck. i was looking forward to that bit.

To think one person in your tree fucked a gook.

Great great granddad brought much shame to your family.

Just looked it up. Apparently the FDA gave them permission to give medical reports on 10 diseases.

Parkinson’s disease
Late-onset Alzheimer’s
Celiac disease
Alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency
Early-onset primary dystonia
Factor XI deficiency
Gaucher disease type 1
Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase deficiency
Hereditary hemochromatosis
Hereditary thrombophilia

A lot less stuff than when I did it.

Do any of the tests give medical knowledge now?

Googled and apparently you can download your DNA code and upload it to some health-checking system (sorry for fucking up the terminology) for pretty cheap.

Does 23&me at least tell you how much neanderthal you have?

I just did this recently. No real shockers, outside of not knowing how much Southern European I have.

1/1

Do it, especially if you're an Amerifag.

I thought I was German and Native american.

Turns out I'm britcuck,viking, and KANGZ.

i hate these threads because no one ever comments on my genes

My wellness report said that I'm all fast twitch muscle fiber, which makes sense. I do XC mountain biking and am ALWAYS fighting with endurance (even when training consistently). My body is def geared towards high output for short periods of times with lifting.

23andme is cool novelty for ancestory.

The diseases listed by user are all single gene mutations of one characteristic gene.

They got in trouble with the FDA because they would just cherry picking gene mutations of unknown significance to diseases from studies and testing people for it. Then say they "might" be at risk for X disease causing a lot of panic amongst users and people running to their doctors.

Even the Parkinson’s disease and
Late-onset Alzheimer’s probably should not be on there

You have to upload it to a separate site. They can't legally tell you because it can and will fuck up your insurance for the rest of your life. There was a shit load of lawsuits and shit about this, I don't know how you people aren't aware of this. I'm especially surprised people still do this after it came out. Good luck getting health insurance in the future if your genetics show you are predisposed to certain shit.

>ecause it can and will fuck up your insurance for the rest of your life. There was a shit load of lawsuits and shit about this, I don't know how you people aren't aware of this. I'm especially surprised people still do this after it came out. Good luck getting health insurance in the future if your genetics show you are predisposed to certain shit.

Genetic Information Non-discrimination Act (GINA) was signed into law in 2008 to protect Americans against discrimination based on their genetic information.

I took the ancestry dna test and got a very unexpected result.

Lets just say I'm laying low this father's day

see
This is why they don't give out "what you are pre-disposed to"

Smell some food, spit, repeat. I was able to produce like 10ml just now by smelling bread.

yeah it does

I did the AncestryDNA, only because I've been using Ancestry to build a family tree for a while and thought it might be helpful to figure out where my genes come from, especially because there are a few holes in the fairly recent history of my family. No experience with 23andMe but I'm definitely an advocate for finding out where you come from

Must have just been a canadian problem then

>it can and will fuck up your insurance for the rest of your life
i may be a retard but why?

laughed harder than i should have

>Genetic Informa
see

No American knows what they are.

Bill S-201
Genetic Non-Discrimination Act
An Act to prohibit and prevent genetic discrimination

Canada has passed a law to protect people against this: openparliament.ca/bills/42-1/S-201/

What service is this?

Nah guy

mutt

t. vučko

Dat genetic variety doe

>89.4% British & Irish

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

any black dudes take this test? what % sub-saharan african did u get?

>100% European master race

Hi, I'm R1b1a2a from Belarus

IF YOU'RE CANADIAN, DON'T DO GENETIC TESTING IF IT ISN'T NECESSARY

there are no laws protecting your genetic information. In Canada, there is nothing to protect you from insurance companies using this information against you (unlike most other first world countries)

I am bulgarian, 1/8 greek and my eyes are with hooded eyelids too lol, I really want to see your results

don't listen to the other retard. It's not inbreeding. You're supposed to have the same genetics as your family members

>tfw you have such great genetics and low risk for major diseases that your insurance rates decreased

If you've already done the testing, watch this video to learn more about what the results mean.
>youtube.com/watch?v=bVV2RFEiqN4

lmao you wish. Any insurance company would play dumb and keep charging you normal rates.

This user is right in that Canada passed a bill to protect consumers of genetic testing in march of 2017, but it looks like Trudeau want to block it. So it's not law yet. DON'T GET GENETIC TESTING DONE IN CANADA

Can people who tested with AncestryDNA upload to promethease for the health data?

Want more neanderthal variants.

probably statistical noise

Like this?

Just ordered a MyHeritage test kit, its got a bigger user base.

Wish me luck anons, my family is from a Jew infested area, I don't want to turn out to be a cryptokike

why would weedman do that?

You guys seriously paid 100$ for this shit? Does this even work for non-americans

MyHeritage uses mestizos as native americans so if you get a small percentage of native american you should dismiss it.

They just received mine, I did it because I kinda want to find out if my father is actually my and my sisters father and thats why he left.

Told my mother and she got visibly nervous.

Me :6'3" Blond hair blue eyes, fair skin, lean, no similar facial features.
"Dad" :5'6" ,Neanderthal lookin, redhair fully bearded and started balding at 18...doesn't look like me at all.

I guess we will find out.

>why would weedman do that?
Apparently it's supposed to be a provincial issue, not a federal one, so it goes "against the constitution". No one understands why Trudeau administration are being cucks to the insurance industry about this

Thanks for the tip, both both are unlikely for a Polish dude. Wouldn't be surprised if I've got Asian or Ashkenazi in me, tho.

Can anyone beat this?

If you use this service you're giving away (wait scratch that, paying) someone to legally own your genetic information. What exactly do you think they're going to do with your analyzed DNA? They sure as fuck don't destroy it, they store it and will sell it at a later date. Sure, insurance companies can't discriminate against you now, but who says that won't change? Who says advertisers won't start buying your analyzed DNA so they can target you for whatever you're predisposed to?

>Giving your genetic information away to Google's sister company
>Complaining about dumb privacy issues that you agree to waive anyway by using the service

>privacy
Let's be honest. Eventually every government on Earth will have a full biometric database with everyones dna.

That said who cares? I'm not a criminal and there is nothing my genes can get the government. Not the same as snooping on my phone conversations.

On top of all of this, if you ever commit a crime, law agencies can and will query 23andMe for DNA data. So even if you have a spotless record and aren't in the law system and you're dumb enough to use this service you've conveniently made yourself accessible if your DNA is at a crime scene.

If you want to get really tinfoily, if you have aspirations to become a high-level figure in society your DNA could be planted by nefarious individuals that somehow accessed the information.

If you've already done it you're fucked and can't reverse it, so I can understand trying to reason with yourself.

bro I've seen people like that in real life

I can't even imagine.

Yeah mine is above. Can't wait until more research to help me better extend my life.

Did it, found out i have 85% slow twitch muscles. No wonder i cant fucking bulk musculature

>Tfw superior Irish and Russian genetics

Stronk Slavic genes with fighting Irish genes, god tier white ancestry for lifting

athletigen

Which is the best service? 23AndMe seems pretty popular but I've heard it isn't as thorough.

This

>>Tfw superior Irish and Russian genetics
What the history of you ancestry?

Irish side comes from the very rural west of Ireland and the Russian side from east Ukraine

23andme followed by the promethease analysis.

Thanks

Soon that won't be that impressive. Then again, it was your parents doing(well, not doing). Be glad that you're parents weren't dumb.

I ain't giving Google my DNA.

Government barely knows where I live to send me bills and shit and I live in burgerland. It's easy as shit to not exist on paper or in databases if you aren't fucking retarded.

>Irish
>good genes
I think I got a workout from all the keks.