How do I get better willpower?

How do I get better willpower?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/q5SHjSnynzw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

develop habits through progressive overload

Pic related is what finally got me 10% bodyfat after spinning my wheels at 20-25% for my first 5 years of lifting.

For me, willpower is just another word for passion, determination, etc. For ex my goal is a 500 lb squat, and my training max is 445. Im running a program made by candito that is tough and the intensity to hit the reps is super high. But thats all its about. If i fail a required rep, my goal weight goes down. Its simply how bad do you want something in this world. If you want it bad enough, you dont need crappy fake "im gunna do this today!" You just simply do it, or dont do it.

Genuinely this

No one just gets it out of nowhere, it's absolutely a learned thing

youtu.be/q5SHjSnynzw

What if your passion is what destroys your life ?

Take me for example, very, very good network engineer

CCNP level for now, maybe one day CCIE
I've noticed this job or my mindset is killing me, all I do is study/work

I don't do anything else. I am looking at buying a truck right now since I'm over six figures and enjoying life by going camping, I really, really need to do something different guys. I might kms next year

it is easy for me if I have tight schedule all the time. Even on off days.

Being fat is not hard.

Its one of the hardest things you can do to your body/mind

You become nobody just because you are fat

Well then do it you ungrateful fuck. You don't know how good you have it

Contempt and hatred for myself makes me do all that shit I don't want to do but need to do.

Never bought that "love yourself" bullshit.

My brother tells me I'm a idiot and I need to get my shit together, nearly over 10k a month and they are looking at me like why aren't you enjoying life?

Why are you sitting at home alone?

Why are you not working out anymore?

The saddest part is I have begun wasting money like it means nothing since I am so depressed. If I can save every month I can afford trips to europe, trips to finest museums in the US.

That would be fun, traveling alone....

>Nigga I'm depressed and have no direction in life except work

It's one of the worst things to do. It's definitely not one of the hardest.

Save money and invest in stocks and real estate and all other good investment opportunities that come up.

Start your own firm and expand it and make more money and buy more stocks and rental units and buy up other companies and die monstrously wealthy.

Show all those faggots that you are better than them.

I'm doing stocks actually right now

Lost a few dollars the other week since price went down, but its ok

Long term brings the gains anyway

It sounds like money is not his goal and he has plenty of it already.

Take a fucking vacation jeez

>willpower is another word for passion

Not for another 90 days

Have to stick it out and work my ass off

If I was honest with myself, I don't lift weights or go to the gym, my daily activity is really low and all I do is work

What walking I do is going to be walking from one network lab to another network lab, walking to a computer room, to the car, upstairs to my appt, and to the store

Thats about it.. I should go out more..

Yeah, but my dick is

You need worse willpower, not better. Willpower is the thing that breaks discipline, the thing that makes it more attractive to eat a sweet/stay in bed/otherwise cheat yourself instead of doing the thing your gut knows is better for you. Discipline is learned, i.e. over time. Contemplate the undesirable consequences that come from doing whatever thing you are trying to do less of. Don't brush it off, follow it all the way - what kind of person will I be, what kind of person am I, doing this (bad) thing? What if this habit builds or gets worse? Don't turn away from or ignore the bad aspects of your lifestyle, and your mind will naturally let them go once it understands these activities as leading to bad results, just like you might have learned by now not to touch a hot stove or eat so much sugar that you throw up. The problem is to tie the bad result with the activity; it can be subtle and difficult.

You have zero balance in your life. Work hard when you work and don't only do work. Fuck girls and drink copious amounts of alcohol with the boys once a week and I guarantee you you'll be happy again

You can't call yourself rich unless you can afford your own army

t. Marcus Licinius Crassus

Is there anyone on the planet who can afford a modern army? If all I need to do is hire some mexican illegals and give them some stab proof vests and axes then I'm a regular fucking Julius Caesar

>You can't call yourself rich unless you can afford your own army

That was never my goal in life, it was never about the money at all

I just want to be happy again instead of sitting at home alone, by myself in this apartment and working on my own

For example Steve Ballmer has a dividend cashflow from his Microsoft shares of over 500 million usd/year.

You should be able to setup and maintain a decent amount of well equipped soldiers with that.

Do you know the only thing that gives me pleasure? It's seeing my dividends coming in.

t. John D Rockefeller

I ask myself "what do i want more"?

500 million, that's fucking 5 times Rwanda's military annual expenditure. That guy could seriously fuck shit up if he wanted to. If that was me I'd form a PMC and go on my own personal rampages in sone third world cornhole no one cares about once or twice a year

Is there a book I can read to help with this?

7 habits of highly effective people

It's essentially what several Saudi princes do when they fund islamist militias like Boko Haram and ISIS.

The exercise of one will is in direct correlation to the achievements of which a man will be remembered. Will, just like any other activity one wishes to achieve, must be exercised daily and with the same determination that one would put towards taking their next breath when it is denied to them.

Just do it. Move. Work. Shit only gets harder when you procrastinate and allow yourself to become comfortable. When you don't do the work needed you, you allow your goals to become sour grapes. You make excuses and assumptions that they are not worth achieving. You become a bitch, allowing yourself to go with the flow of life until you realize that you've caught yourself in the bullshit that everyone else is caught in. You've allowed yourself to become common and therefore you've allowed your weakness to win over you.

Motherfucker, will power is what makes you the person you're supposed to be. Don't become stagnant mentally, physically or spirituality or you'll just be another asshole complaining that you're stuck while stroking your dick and eating butter dipped pancake bites like the others.

Well then start working out and all of your bullshit problems will fix themselves.

>Nigga how do you shut your mind off and just go in and lift?

it just happens naturally once I step in the gym

Ok I'll admit, going into a new gym for the first time can be pretty intimidating. On my first day I didn't know what the fuck to do, how things worked, or much information about lifting. I just did a couple dumbbell excises, stretched, and then left.

Find a program before you go get your membership. It'd also help to have someone to go with you. Sounds like you have the money so you can just get a personnel trainer to show you everything you'll need. You just have to go for it man

>go get your membership

I have a membership to every gym in town for a year now

I have an indoor gym at my place in the apartment

Membership isn't the problem senpai

what the fuck is wrong with you m8 ?

>I'm a broken, broken man

I've tried talking to my family, they don't actually care and at the moment I try to explain how bad things have gotten they just think you are educated, have a good job, and should be happy with that.

But there is no one else offering any kind of support, I am alone, very very alone right now with nobody who cares enough to offer me some kind of guidance. It is very tough to guide yourself when you are down and can only see the bad stuff which have happened

I'm trying, I really am but something has to change

Sounds like you are a virgin

Not Veeky Forums related, Sage.

No, not a virgin

Former normie actually

Also, Just got home
Went out today, spent some time outside
Said hi to strangers

Feeling good

Mods. you can delete this thread

Go see a fucking therapist then. That actually helps if you have a good one.

I'll be fine bro

Thanks for the kind (yous)

Going to the gym in the morning

I don't know when it became a fit meme, but:
>choose the pain of discipline or the pain of regret

youtu DOT be SLASH 6mikS7qQSN0

find a gf to do nice things with

yeah def go see a good therapist, but go in with an open mind