Crossfit for police/fire/military

Explain to me why crossfit isn't the best training modality for police/fire/military?

I'm looking at a gym near by me and it's not the meme workouts from the main site. It's basically weightlifting, powerlifting, and gymnastics mixed together with metabolic conditioning. I guess you could do this on your own but having a coach and someone to program workouts for you is nice IMO. Plus it's tough to do all this shit at commercial gyms

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LnPA3znZjGs
m.youtube.com/watch?v=vp1URyvOacY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Here is an example workout

>snatch
>squat
>STRICT movements
>some little conditioning workout to get you breathing at the end

What's dumb about this

>Explain to me why crossfit isn't the best training modality for police/fire/military?
Because we want policemen, firefighters, and soldiers to get stronger and faster, not snap their shit up.

See my second post, I don't see how any of that will snap your shit up

>but having a coach and someone to program workouts for you is nice IMO.
it's actually horrible because those "coaches" are complete hacks who don't know shit. if you are doing lifts with bad form, they won't correct you, just yell at you to "come on bro push it! you got this!" which is the worst thing to tell someone who is on their way to snap city.

Weightlifting with cardio and body weight lifts is literally all you need for police/firefighter/military. and if you are going military, weightlifting is only good to a certain point. the military doesn't want beef cakes, they want DYEL losers who can hike with 75lbs of gear on their back for 20 miles and do 20 unweighted pullups. lots of muscle only makes that shit harder

Do you know what "weightlifting" is

using your telekinesis powers to move heavy things up and down?

Fair enough on both points.

What if the coaches aren't retarded? Again maybe this is just this one gym I'm looking at but their coaches are USAW certified and some other shit, not just the crossfit level 1 or whatever it is.

How many medical releases/discharges do you want? Because you are going to get all of them.

>it takes one weekend to get crossfit coach cert
>kipping pullup
>encouraging egolifting
>doing olympic lifts for reps with high intensity
>shit form with heavy lifts like deadlift

yeah, OP, that's what police and fireman need

Again just refer to my second post and tell me what's going to get your injured

>no kipping anywhere
>no high rep Olympic lifts

>What if the coaches aren't retarded?
enjoy paying out the ass, like 150$ a month for their gym and personal coaching. All of which is no better than a 1500$ homegym, or average non Planet Fitness gym and routines you can easily find online for free.
Crossfit, in every way shape and form, is a pointless waste of money. if you can't do this basic shit yourself, and need a coach to get your through it, you're never gunna make it.
>USAW certified
so they paid a small amount of cash to take a test to get a cert? wow they must know they're shit really well since no one else could ever get a cert from some private organization

Here's another random workout

>power cleans and press
>bench
>more gymnastics
>no lipping mentioned anywhere

I WANT to believe crossfit is retarded but I'm not seeing it

It's a sport, not just normal gym training

2017 people still take the crossfit meme seriously

>It's a sport
lmao

Fair enough on the cost, can't argue that. But we're talking about the training itself, so you're saying it's ok to do but just not to pay for it?

Idk why you're hating on having that cert. what exactly do they need to do to be legit lol? The head guy is a CSCS too

>and if you are going military, weightlifting is only good to a certain point. the military doesn't want beef cakes, they want DYEL losers who can hike with 75lbs of gear on their back for 20 miles and do 20 unweighted pullups. lots of muscle only makes that shit harder

>mfw i worked with multiple roided up amateur body builders and spent tons of time getting jacked in the ships gym and bullying DYEL marines on board

i'd like to see you try

There are better things to do on a Sunday than to troll Pro-Crossfit bullshit.

As an officer in the armed forces:

FUCK CROSSFIT

Way to many people fuck their body up with those meme workouts. For military, cardiovascular conditioning is the most important (running). Then body weight exercises (pull-up, push-ups and sit-ups). Then strength training.

Doing StrongLifts, combined with a daily session off pull-ups, push-ups and sit-ups and some light running on non-lifting days is the best preparation.

Yes, crossfit includes all these things, but the rate of injuries is way to high.

>so you're saying it's ok to do but just not to pay for it?
they're training method is idiotic, but what they actually do isn't bad. it's literally just lifting weights, cardio, and gymnastic work. that's been around for centuries and it works.
you don't need some asshat you pay 50$ a session to scream at you to pump out one more kipping pullup or do another deadlift with rounded as fuck back just so you can say you did 50 deadlifts today.

literally just go to any gym, do the main compounds, do cardio (both HIIT and endurance), and gymnastic work for day functional strength.
you don't need anything else but your own will to figure how to do this and then actually commit to doing it.

military PT is literally just as bad as crossfit and all for the same reasons. unqualified coaches pushing people to do stupid shit

i work out 5 days a week and still managed to hurt my knee during stupid PT shit

So you have no argument for why either of those sample workouts are retarded?

I agree mainsite meme workouts are retarded. Just doesn't seem like that is what actual crossfit gyms do

Agreed, PT sucks balls, but for military operations, I STRONGLY suggest doing the combination like I specified.

The fact you're asking so aggressively means you aren't going to listen to anything posted here.

Have fun snapping your shit up, hopefully it stops putting the boots to good people's necks.

Asking aggressively?

I've literally seen no argument besides the guy saying it costs too much and you could just do it at a commercial gym which I'll agree with. I'm pretty unbiased and fair here lol.

If all you can say is it will snap your shit up but can't tell me how any of the workouts I've posted will do that then you're just a retard who got cucked by a crossfitter I guess

There is no such thing as 'Cross Fit'. All you have is a brand, a brand that you too can be part off by paying some $$ and becoming a trainer after a two day course.
Once you've paid, I mean earned, your certificate then you can open up a Crossfit gym!
To keep things interesting and weird you get your members to do retarded things and get themselves hurt while not making any progress besides newbie gains. That is unless they use 'some' gear and become larger that you would expect.
Thanks to the large Crossfit community which loves to self promote filled with retards doing retarded shit more and more retards join up.
If anyone is super serious about using non-standard training methods then the last thing they'll want to do is becoming a Crossfit instructor.
Crossfit is for normies who love to post on instagram.

Weird and retarded things like snatches back squats and push ups lol?

One of my arguments for why crossfit is dumb is the random workouts with no progression, but here we can see clear progression from one of the earlier workouts I posted.

Do I just live near a good gym perhaps that knows what they're doing?

>Weird and retarded things like snatches back squats and push ups lol?
What my post was supposed to mean was:
>If crossfit is only snatches, back squats and pushe ups then why is it called Crossfit and not just lifing?
>Do I just live near a good gym perhaps that knows what they're doing?

Maybe, but why call it Crossfit if it's not retarded?

Oh I got you, fair enough

you can't fight fires very well in a wheelchair with a broken back m8

I did it for like a month back in 2012 before everyone figured out how shit it was

>few guys i knew in highschool tried to run a crossfit gym
>150-250$ a month
>shit training
>they didn't know what a goodmorning was
>they didn't know what a box squat was
>for a while only one "coach" actually had a certification, the others got it eventually
>basic hiit
>doing snatches for time
>deadlifts for time
>classes are full of soccer moms, old wannabe jocks, and dumb young wannabe jocks
>all about getting abs and looking good
>everyone weak as shit
>many injuries
>anyone who gets strong does so on an actual strength routine, not crossfit

Also whenever an organization has a lot of people leaving and publicly complaining, something is not right

youtube.com/watch?v=LnPA3znZjGs

i guess it depends on your goals/job. want to max PT test to get those sweet promotion points? do what you said. Want to be infantryman? do what you said and ruck. Want to be tanker? Mofo you better lift. idgaf how fast you run 2 miles, i care how fast you can chuck rounds, lift ammo cans, carry sections of track, and yank people out on crew evac.

Tac medic here for Toronto. Most of us do conditioning in a.m and lift on a strength routine and do strongman medleys. The girls I work with do crossfit though. Only issue I have with crossfit is the injuries it gives the participants. I couldn't tell you how many times I've heared some of these girls have had injuries due to their "training". The model for crossfit looks good in theory but when it's actually practiced it seems like there is a lot of problems.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=vp1URyvOacY

This should get you started.