Veeky Forums EVOLUTION

Veeky Forums EVOLUTION

*First Starting*
>Uses Pre-Workout .
>Uses Protein Powder.
>Uses a ton of other supplements.
>Wears fashionable or name brand gym attire.
>Thinks Heavy Squats & Deadlifts are the be all end all. (even if they can't do them)
>Workouts are long as fuck (2 hours+)
>Does meme shit in the gym.

*Seasoned Veteran*
>Caffeine Pills, Black Coffee, or Zero Sugar Sips.
>Simply eats more protein.
>Fish Oil and maybe a multivitamin.
>Wears comfortable low cost gym clothes.
>Almost never Squats or Deadlifts heavy anymore.
>Workouts are about 1 hour long, maybe 1.5 hours at the most.
>Doesn't do meme shit in the gym

Other urls found in this thread:

consumerreports.org/cro/2012/04/protein-drinks/index.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

(you)

You're a faggot.

No you ;_;

Bad post op.

This is almost 100% accurate. Can't totally agree with the heavy lifts though.

>That pic
What really posts my pepes is how girls get away with being a bit fat.

Pretty accurate for me

I love identity memes haha ah lol :)))))

Uh-oh. Here comes the supplement Internet defense force.

As you get older to start to realize that lifting heavy is a bad idea, even with strict form the chance for injury is extremely high.

>weighs more than a man
>a bit fat

Unless a woman is way above average in height or muscle mass, she shouldn't even come close to weighing as much as a man. Even a 5'8 140LBS manlet.

It makes me laugh when I overhear people talking about Test Boosters and other meme supplements, but then say that using Steroids is pointless and "too expensive".

pretty accurate desu

what faggot doesn't use protein powder?

Right. That's what I mean. I can't totally agree with it because there's a window for most people where heavy lifting with good form is OK.

Literally me.

It is cheaper and healthier to a 740g container of Plain Greek Yogurt instead of 2 scoops of protein powder.

>Assuming the yogurt costs the same as it does for me: $5 a container.

>3 Scoops of Powder
>roughly 60g of Protein
>About $1 a scoop = $3

>Tub of yogurt
>roughly 60g of protein
>$5

Learn 2 Math phaggot

If you enjoy shit tasting poverty Walmart/Costco protein, then fine. I'd rather not put chemical dog shit into my mouth.

whats the difference in lifting heavy? is it not essential or just not worth the risk? im already bigger and stronger than 99% of people on the street, i just want to lose some fat without losing my muscle.

why not?

*First Starting*
>Uses Pre-Workout .
Accurate
>Uses Protein Powder.
Accurate
>Uses a ton of other supplements.
Accurate (bought CLA and BCAA at one point)
>Wears fashionable or name brand gym attire.
Accurate (golds vest)
>Thinks Heavy Squats & Deadlifts are the be all end all. (even if they can't do them)
Really accurate
>Workouts are long as fuck (2 hours+)
Spent ages on squats,
>Does meme shit in the gym.
Dunno what this means

*Seasoned Veteran*
>Caffeine Pills, Black Coffee, or Zero Sugar Sips.
No
>Simply eats more protein.
Yes
>Fish Oil and maybe a multivitamin.
Yes and Vit D
>Wears comfortable low cost gym clothes.
Yeah shorts and tshirt
Reps over weight
>Workouts are about 1 hour long, maybe 1.5 hours at the most.
1 hour if that
>Doesn't do meme shit in the gym
Don't know again

Cope, daily max + backoffs six times per week > high rep memeing

>doing bulgarian in the two thousand and seventeenth year of our lord
I mean if it works for you then keep doing it

This

Pic related is me

>b-but muh deadlift are the biggest mass builders ever

Nah they really aren't

Yeah, it wasn't completely related. It just got me thinking about how women seem to usually be a bit on the overweight side compared to men.

So many things wrong i cba to even start lurk more dyel fag

>Eats anything other than dog shit
>Making it

Unless you plan to compete in Strong Man or Power Lifting, there is literally no reason to lift super heavy. Ego wise you might impress a few folks at your local gym, but is that really worth potentially injuring yourself and putting unneeded stress on your spine and joints?

Nice tits boi

'Meme Shit' is basically fads or Bro-Science, ex:

>Crossfit
>Circuit Training
>Using 8 different exercises for Bicep isolation
>Combining exercises (Lunge Curls)

Comes down to lack of impulse control and the emotional need to fill a void....usually with food or cock.

always going for close to your 1RM on squats/deads is a great way of getting muscle strains and tendonitis in the short term and fucking up your joints in the long term - it's just that it takes years for the damage to accumulate.

There's a certain YOLO mentality to lifting, people aren't really thinking about the future.

It's a similar mentality behind the HAES cunts. The bitches are obese but think they're healthy because they feel fine right now in their 20s, not realizing that the real shitshow starts in 10-15 years as the joint damage and cholesterol accumulate.

tl;dr: you can lift heavy, just don't do it all the fucking time and when you do, be mindful of form

>Current Year
>Not activating your dog shit in the sun

The fuck kind of protein are you eating? I bought a huge bag of Optimum from Costco last week and it cost me $45 for 90 servings of approx 25g protein a serving. I use two scoops per shake and I like the way that math adds up.

Buying protein powder in stores is retarded, and costs more money. Wait for myprotein sales, buy in bulk, get free shipping. It's been independently tested, and they don't do amino spiking and they actually have the advertised amount of protein.

The fact you suggested Walmart/Costco as the cheap alternative just proves you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Whey powder is literally the cheapest source of protein you can get per gram, unless you live by a chicken farm and can buy whole chickens from your cousin for 30 cents each or something.

Notice this isn't a picture of your back, spinal erectors, or legs...

Oh of course, the parts that make you look good and get you grills

>women don't like ass or back
(You)

don't listen to this faggot. Sure it's really pure but it fucking reeks of sugar alcohol and is completely disgusting to drink.

Depends on the flavor. Cookies and cream is trash. Strawberry and cream is great in unsweetened almond milk. The mocha is pretty delicious in anything. Just read some reviews about which ones are good, and which ones to avoid.

You do have a point about the flavor though. About 60% of their proteins are WAY TOO FUCKING SWEET. Like, I have no fucking clue how it got past whatever team is in charge of flavor reviews. Everybody in the world bitches about how sweet most of their flavors are, yet they still keep doing it. Really baffling.

My girlfriend weighs more than me, but the lazy shit refuses to do any form of exercise.

She's only willing to give yoga a try. Will that make her lose weight?

No, yoga hardly burns any calories. It doesn't make you stronger, it doesn't improve your body composition. All it does is waste your time and money. She's fat because her diet is garbage. No amount of yoga is going to fix that.

>having ever taken protein powder
user, i....

consumerreports.org/cro/2012/04/protein-drinks/index.htm

>There is literally no reason to continue progressing at something you enjoy when you don't HAVE to
Spotted the woman

Yoga is just stretching and mobility, walking burns more calories.

You should dump her unless you really love her and cannot do any better.

>consumer reports

Complete garbage

You do realize there is a limit right? What are you going to do once you've reached that limit? Start taking gear and turn into a Power Lifting Egg Shaped Man?

Thanks for the heads up. At least I won't waste money on yoga now. I'll just need to find something she's willing to do.

Newbie (few will make it)
>listens to anything Veeky Forums says

Intelligent man (made it)
>grows and hunts everything he eats himself
>no meme pills or powders
>does a basic calisthenics workout every morning
>runs

>the newbie fears the consumer report

It works fantastic for me. I think the key is to understand that daily max != as heavy as possible, I think many fail to grasp this and thus burn themselves out.

more like
FIRST
>PPL/bodypart split
>high volume
>lots of accessories per session
>satisfied to break 3pl8 deadlift
>thinks whey is a supplement
>switches routine every other week
>significantly changes diet every few weeks

AFTER ONE-TWO YEARS
>full body workout (assuming natty)
>minimum volume needed for goal
>focus on balance of musculature across body
>understands whey powder is a source of food
>bases routine off of tried and true methods but changes slightly based on personal goals and reactions
>unsatisfied with 6pl8 deadlift

well its easy to see that you dont squat or deadlift, your core looks like a young female's. No wonder the picture is waist up from the front your back and legs probably look like trash.

Mirin. Routine?

>What are you going to do once you've reached that limit?
Get just as good at something new, instead of sitting here whining to others about reaching some nebulous limit.

holy shit dude thats why its always one or the other

>worry about being TOO good at something

what do you do for back and legs? just say lol you can't see legs in the club?
i play soccer 2x a week currently and while i can train legs the day after the 2nd game, im feeling fucked up i can't go hard on squat or deadlift, i guess i could do a reasonable weight for the condition of the day...

This is pretty much me except I still do heavy squats. Been lifting for 8 years or so.

I was wearing low cost Target gym clothes to begin with. I started lifting when I was young and poor
>squats and diddlies
never really got into DL, when I was a n00b I never did squats, now I do high-rep squats. I don't think I've ever done low rep squats

>workouts
Shorter because injuries + being old takes away my energy + being a real adult instead of a NEET means I can't spend 15 hours a week working out anymore

also
>pic
I haven't brought out the scale but that might be happening. I've lost muscle over the years, so I'm around 170. I've started seeing a girl the same height as me, and she's a mix of THICC and fat. Sort of like pic-related, she definitely has more fat than I'd like, but she's not a whale and she does have some legit muscle. She could probably squat more than me.