I don't know

Could you repeat that question?

Can you repeat the question?

We must do a RCT

yes
no
maybe
no idea

No. Do squats and deadlifts for a wide back.

Yes.
Though pull-ups are probably a little better for it.
Any overhead pulling movement will build the lats.

No, your genetically determined skeletal structure and muscle insertions do.

Yes, even better than wide grip pullups. They give the same amount lat activation over a wider range of motion but you can most likely do more reps. An additional benefit is, if you do them weighted and keep the reps low, they will also activate your biceps to a significant degree.

Oh yeah big time brah. They also build big ass bis my man.

That's some good form.

Remember even with chin ups you want to make sure you pull your shoulders back and down.

I mean I honestly wouldn't worry too much since you literally can't do the movement without using your lats.

get out

Why would you ever do chin ups instead of pull ups (as in palms out)? If you want bicep work, why not just curl?

Pull ups are better for lats. If you do them correctly, that is.

Kill yourself. Your post personality is cancer.

chin ups > curls for biceps

Where does neutral grip fall in the chin up/pull up spectrum?

uses more forearm and lat and less teres major and bicep

Why?

Your not the boss of me now.

EMG based studies show there is minimal difference between parallel bar pullups, regular pullups and chinups when it comes to the recruitment of the arms.

in my experience pullups build the top part of your lats that connect to your armpit and chin ups build the part below, otherwise known as your mid/lower wing part.

no. you can do more weight with chin-ups because they put your biceps in a stronger position, therefore allowing you to use your lats without your bis wearing out first. The biceps are weak and small, therefore you should put them in the strongest position possible. Dorian Yates talks about this in his lat pulldown discussion, and his back is way bigger than any of you retards.