QTDDTOT

Don't see one.

Any brahs do early morning (between 4 and 5 am) workouts?

Hows your energy level that early? Ever feel like you'd snap your shit up by working out at 4:30 am?

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149807833)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You get used to it. I usually have coffee and a sandwich and get to work.

As above, after some time you get used to it. First few weeks i got immense energy spike at around 6-7 a.m and then i became tired for the next 3-4 hours. Now it's normal.

Now here's a question, what should i do about my diddly: At around 3 rep of 180 lbs my fingers just can't hold the weight anymore. I have no problem picking the weight up, but i just can't hold it. Should i switch the grip ? Or just train my forearms more ?

Sticky seems to be down right now. I've read it before it suggested doing Stronglifts/SS as novice programs, but both of those seem to be treated as meme programs here. What exactly is wrong with them? I'm interested in doing Stronglifts 5x5. Are there any auxiliary workouts I should do to supplement it?

>sleep 7pm
>wake up 12:30 am drink coffee
>gym at 130
>work out till 2:30
>get home 3
>eat a chicken breast
>sleep till 8

pretty good desu i feel like i get a better workout because no one around so i feel confident to experiment

Poorfag skelly here, slowly building a home gym. Already have a pull-up bar and dumbbells, what should I buy next: a kettlebell or a barbell with weights? I can only afford 1/2 BW for the barbell, maybe 3/4 BW.

Or perhaps I should save up for a bench first? Help.

Try using straps

They are heavily focused on lower body, aka your legs will get big. If you want you can do a split instead that focuses more on the upper body

>about to start working out again
>lately been getting shin splints very easily when running

How do you guys avoid shin splint pains? I like using the treadmills, don't want to bike

I'd say get a bench, with the help of dumbbells you can do so much with it

Doesn't that fuck with your rem sleep?

So i'm being meme'd listening to guys saying
>using straps
>making it
>pick one
But still, 180 seems pretty mediocre. Is there anything i could do to strenghthen my grip ?

I've been doing the 5am grind for two years now. It took like 4 fucking months to get used to it, and even now I find myself struggling to get up some days - but I love it. My gym has a branch right by my work so I get to beat traffic, see my city in beautiful deserted nighttime, I get my workout done in relative peace, and my evenings are completely free. I get an energy boost at work but I'm definitely dog tired by late evening which does encourage me to go to bed at a decent hour.

I've grown very good biceps from straight-bar curls and wide-grip pull-ups, anyone got something else I could add to the mix? I used to do hammer curls but I got discouraged when I couldn't advance there strength-wise.

Can a sedentary-from-birth skinnyfat 139lb 20 y/o make it?

Has my body locked me out and from what I should've been able to accomplish when i was 13-16?

I noticed when I run I get burntout super easily while my 16y/o brother can bang out 50 pushups run a mile than do 50 right after like it's nothing.

Was he just born Chad, or am i just paying for my sins?

Train grip. Get captains of crush, buy or make a forearm roller, do chin position holds.
Also learn hook grip. If necessary do alternate grip. There is no reason to do straps at that weight.

Thanks, user. Is there anything you would suggest as good starting program? Ice cream fitness seems interesting to me.

Best way to hit these areas?

Most of that is where your lats should originate, you just have shit lats. Lots of weighted pull-ups and rows.

I know I'm going to sound autistic as hell but I'm desperate.
Was fit in high school but have basically been couch potato since. 14 years later I'm getting into strength training and I am WEAK. Been doing SS for six months and already keep stalling and plateauing around 95 ohp, 135 bp, rows are shit, DL progressing but SO HARD even in the 200s, feel like form is slipping. What could I be doing wrong? I'm eating close to 3000 cal, 200+g of protein, sleeping enough. Do I just need to be patient? Am I some mutant whose super power is weakness?

You're not even close to being too old mate. 20 is a great age to start. Don't look for excuses before you even begin lifting

I'm not too knowledged about all the programs and I've never used one, I just made one up for myself that was suited best for me, I researched the best exercises for each muscle and went from there, currently on a 4 day split hitting each muscle twice a week

Get your testosterone check if you're being sincere about all the other variables being on point. Check your form in all lifts too.

Are you getting fatter? Eating that much and not gaining strength is hard to believe

Greyskull LP. Add some accessories like lateral raises and shrugs if you want some aesthetic gains

i guess it's in my head a bit more than what reality represents.

my issue is that I can't keep up in workouts. i did some bodyweight stuff, but halfway through, I'm straining to get even 1 rep in. obv no results will come from that.

read the sticky and i'm trying to build a home gym in a basement but i'm trying to stay on a $500 budget. As of now i have some dumbells and i'm just using those.

also, make sure you're resting enough between sets (3-4 minutes) and that you eat some carbs at least an hour and a half before you lift.

When I first started I would lift on an empty stomach and I was weak as fuck

Thanks guys

Unless you can go all out with a squat rack, barbell, bench, etc. I would just get a gym membership somewhere that isn't Planet Shitness.

You're gonna be amazed by how much you progress if you lift with consistency. We were all weak at some point

Will no fap help me cum faster when having sex? I've never been able to finish quickly even solo. Is my dick broken?

If you're going for strength SL/SS are hands down the best IMO. Haters gonna hate. Supplement with some upper body and core. I do: A: dips and core, B chin stuff and pull downs.

If you're lifting for aesthetics do a bro split BB routine.

already have a barbell and some weights. can safeties be put on the squat for both squats and benchpress?

Also how much do you think is a decent price for 1 year membership? I feel like my local gym is ripping me off.

Thanks. I am getting stronger but it's SO slow. People talk about newbie gains power through 300 or 400 pound diddies and 2 pl8 benches and I'm progressing really slowly.
I'm gaining weight, I assume a mix of muscle and fat. Arms and legs are getting bigger, my back looks shredded. I'm basically just worried that I'm progressing like an advanced lifter on beginner weights :(

Good tip about carbs. I'll try that. I've been having some easily digestible protein like chocolate milk, a shake, or yogurt before lifting.

You can also use chalk, I find that helps. But like the other user said, training your grip strength should be priority #1. I like to do a few sets of weighted barbell holds at the end of my workout.

What would you guys say is an appropriate weight to use a belt during a squat? I'm close to getting to 2 pl8 and don't want to snap my up. Also is a belt better for heavier weight on an OHP?

Do some farmers walks, really works the forearm and grip strength

I pay way too much ($40 a month, no yearly contract) for Gold's gym, but it's the best gym in my town by far. Has a pool, sauna, all that shit.

The other gyms in my town that aren't planet fitness only cost around $20-$25 a month, but you get a lot less.

Definitely use the safety pins for both if you don't have a spotter. I've had to bail on a squat before without pins and it wasn't pretty

Belts are for one rep maxes. You dont need a belt for a workout. They arent safer. If your shit snaps then its usualy shit form.

will not eating vegetables hinder my gains?

Why do my smoothies (frozen berries, bananas, water) always have a fluffy cloud on top. Is that the fiber or what? It's not a cloud that goes away. When I drink a smoothie the liquid is drinkable but the cloud sticks to the blender. I hope I'm getting in the fiber of these fruits...

Can someone convert the popular reddit ppl routine into a U/L split for me? I dont want to fuck the volume/ratios

I eat maybe a serving of veggies every other of day desu. I make strength gains, but I don't look great

How many of you use these? I got them last week and have been using them almost daily. Right now I'm doing StrongLifts and I'm thinking about replacing my benching with this. I really don't like doing bench and I feel like the rings is a worthy replacement.

I really like doing the top position holds and dips. I can only do 2 dips at the moment but I've never been able to do dips ever because I never had a place to.

Why do you want to replace bench?

i meant to ask if the squat rack had safeties but the nearest gym is a 24hr fitness and a mom and pop gym. 24hr is $50/month. The local gym was 350/year. On costco's website though, there is some deal on 24hr fitness which is 2 years for 400 which i might go for.

This part is bugging me the most because I would drop the money on a home gym so my family can use it but I really can't estimate how much i need to spend.

Do both. You're weak as shit. You don't need to be ditching any basic compound barbell movements.

A few would say a V handle lat pulldown is best.

Best way to target upper chest without incline/decline bench?

Will taking creatine make me lose muscle definition? , im at approx 10% bf

if anything, it will increase it

What exactly are DYELs? Are they those people who think they know everything about lifting or something?

Nah, it's more about how you look. Very small, skinny, no muscle mass, no definition - thats DYEL.

guys i need help
how many kgs of lean mass should i aim to get in 4 months? assuming i buy iso protein, or should i buy regular protein?

do you even lift
someone who doesn't look like they lift

Bruh loads of people use straps the fuck are you talking about. Ofc I wouldn't recommend it to you since you're weak af but still

I started Coolcicadas PPL (see: forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149807833) this past week. Enjoying it so far but have a few questions.

On Pull day face-pulls are listed. Should they be done with palms facing down (for back) or palms facing in (for bicep)?

On Push day, overhead tricep extension is one of the exercises. When I do this one, for whatever reason my right elbow acts up & gets all swollen. Any ideas as to how to fix that? Or any ideas for replacements for that exercise?

Also, if I wanted to incorporate abs into this routine what's a good way to do that? I was thinking of just throwing in some ab work on Leg day...maybe just a few sets of planks? Any suggestions here are appreciated.

2kg of muscle is a nice goal if you're a newbie. Depending on genetics/training/recovery that could fluctuate but 2 kg is a good goal

How to activate one pec muscle for pressing movements?
ive tried bb, db, incline, decline, even using dumb light weight on cable flies. my delt/tri/shoulder blade muscles all take over, but ONLY on my left side. right pec is normal and i feel it working.
pic related; useless fucker

Also the protein you buy has nothing to do with lean mass bruh

How do I know if I'm lean enoughto start bulking?

Landmine press, low to high cable flies, overhead press also hits upper chest a bit.

im not a newbie sorta, ive been going to the gym for like 3 years and i always had shitty discipline so my gains were pretty low. ive lost a lot of weight thanks to my current daily routine and im weaker than what i was 6 months ago but the muscles that i already had have not dissapeared yet
i know but i dont want to get fat but i dont know if i should buy iso or regular protein because right now im like 15% bf and i know that bulking is going to make my bf% higher

Well belts actually do protect your lumbar spine. However this is not the reason they are used. They are used to push more weight. So there is not really a proper "weight" to start. You want to squat/dl more? Then use a belt.

Below 12-15% body fat? Then bulk until you reach that range. Over 15? Cut until you reach that range. 12-15% body fat in my experience is where natties tend to look the best so I try to stay there when I cut/bulk

if you've been going to the gym for 3 years you should've already made great newbie gains but seeing you half assed it, i would suggest to hop on a novice program and you can still bulk and not get fat depending on what you eat
since you are still a noob i really doubt you can tell if you're 15%bf

been lifting 2+ months. Have seen some nice gains, but now that I'm starting getting close to stalling on linear progression. I'm getting shoulder pain. (I do 3x5, but AMRAP for the last set)

Felt minor pain in my left shoulder a week ago while benching. Yesterday shoulder feels loose/weak for everything, but especially bb rows. When I flex in the mirror my left shoulder plade sticks out and is noticeably higher than my right. I have had shitty posture for years, and kind of hunch collapse my left shoulder.

Question: How do I balance things out? Should I take a brake from bench and rows? For how long.

(haven't trained squats or DL yet do to lower back pain, weakness, shitty posture, but I plan on starting soon)

AMRAP set:
BP 3X135 -> 9x155
OHP 5x65 -> 6x90
BB Row 5x65 -> 7x121
Chins 1xbw -> 3xbw
squat ? -> 4x5 @ 135
DL: N/A

Does anyone have a skelly to shredded chest transformation?

One with more than before/after and a timeline too it.

forgot to add 35 years old. 6' 192 lbs

In my experience the weight you use for bench and rows should really be about the same - if you're looking for balance you should aim to get your row weight up to at least 135 to match your bench. As for your shoulder though, might be wise to rest it for a little while, or potentially talk to a doctor. But they are most likely just going to tell you to rest it too. Maybe see of your form is off on bench, maybe you're lowering the bar too high up, near your neck for example?

How serious is a herniated disc? My knee was hurting for a while then it got worse and by back started hurting and I notices my left leg is weaker and sometimes slightly numb. Does that sound like a herniated disc to anyone who's had one before?

Is it inevitable that you will stall while on a cut?

Was supposed to be a PR day today but nothing new, even though all my workouts up to this, over the past 4 weeks, have been great

Bumpo, anyone with unbalanced press exp?

Is there a Veeky Forums discord?

I know /fat/ has one.

my newbie gains are
chest dumbell press 17.5 kg
bicep dumbell curls 12.5 kg
back machine 45 kg
shoulder dumbell press 12.5 kg
i assume im at 15% because i can see my abs even though i stopped doing ab excersises months ago due to lack of time and due to me being lazy
i forgot to add that i started losing weight when i stopped going to the gym every day and started going only on saturdays and sundays

do i eat 1g protein per bodyweight pound or kilogram?

>shitty form on bench
Yep, I just watched some form videos on YouTube, and realized my form had some major flaws. The weight has been so low that it didn't matter much until now.

I'll work on back strength and improving my rows before trying to increase my bench

Those are untrained or one-month type gains. You need a program! People make way more progress in a single month.

bump for muh question

Easy user. My protein stables are 3 eggs, 2 chicken breast, greek yogurt, and a protein shake. This allows me to easily hit 200 grams of protein per day.

i do mine at around 1 or 2am before bed, gives me super comfy sleeps. wouldn't want to get up that early though, i just feel shattered by like 8pm and i find i have much less time available in the day when i'm not completely dead. if i do them just before bed i have a much longer period of feeling fairly energetic.

i got a medium intensity ache going on just below my kneecap on my left knee, after running on treadmill for about ten minutes as a warmup. I got this a week ago too, i laid off the running for a bit and switched to cross trainer which seemed to help it heal but it flared up again after i tried out the treadmill, and since it was leg day i messed up my workout and couldn't finish.

i know this is a fairly common injury but what could be the cause if it's only happening in one knee? is my gait messed up somehow? i was trying my best to run on the balls of my feet and to keep my feet evenly placed and straight but it still hurts. I might go to one of those orthopaedic shoe shops and get tested.

Good stuff, I hope it helps you. Your bench numbers will increase too with better form, you'll be using much more of your chest rather than just the front delt muscle in your shoulders.

omar isuf has a good video on facepulls

I do abs on my first pull day (I do pull/push/legs/pull/push/legs/rest) along with deadlifts and on both my leg days but doing them on just the leg days is probably also fine. Its all about what you can recover from.

1500 USD

I'm 6'4, 186lb, 19~20%bf
I have been lifting for two months at maint
However a friend of mine and the sticky both say I should be cutting down to 12~13% bf, but I feel I need to bulk, so I can see actual progress on my lifts.
What should I do? right now I'm on a 2500 cals diet, lifts are:
OHP: 95lb
bench: 120lb
diddy:125lb
pullups: 5 reps a set
no squats because I'm recovering from an injury and I can only do them at BW per doctor's orders.

Please give any advise.

You need to lift. You also need muscle to cut too. If your not fat and can gain 30 to 40 lbs without being obese then do that first. At 6 four you absolutely have grow room. Get big and strong first

Ok, so like all of you, the gym is my life and all I do is workout everyday.

I am trying to make dating gains, and i found a girl who is my age, same town, and is also obssesed with the gym, her entire bio revolves around working out. How should I initiate with her? I really don't want to fuck this up. Should I ask her if she is looking for a gym partner or a spotter for life? pic related is her bio

Bro wisdom is per pound, that's what most people (myself included) do. But in theory you'll hear people swear that all you need is 1g per LEAN pound (I.e., weight in pounds x (1-bf%))

whats a good fullbody workout that i can do x3/week?

should i just read the sticky?

yup

I-if I'm a bit above 1/2/3/4 for reps in a commercial gym, will I still get disgusted looks if I bring my Vita to play on it during my rests?
I end up looking at my phone anyway.

6'0 160, I just lost 100 lbs over the last year. Only been lifting for two weeks so I should probably continue lurking (as I've been for the last 2 years)

Was just hoping someone could give me a BF estimate. I hate the thought of cutting into the 140s but I think I fucked myself and will have to

I'd fuck you. You're like a 16%.

Anyway, yo. Why do I keep having sore knees? I always made fun of the way power lifters walk cuz I walked just fine and now I'm walking like that too.

Please respond. Is it like an emergency or can I wait a week or two for a doctor's appointment?

Watch Kelly starret and Mark bell and you will have your answer

Am I really around 16% even with tits and love handles? This gives me hope thank for you the response man

CD fag, how do I lose arm muscle? I'm pretty thin (5'10" 140 lbs) but my arms are disproportionally big compared to the rest of my body. I lift boxes all day in a warehouse but never more than 50 lbs, never more than 5 or 10 overhead, most are less than 25 lbs, only working 15~ hours a week for the summer, and going on a two week vacation soon. If I massively cut calories and protein, especially during these next few weeks, is it possible for me to get twig arms or am I cursed until I find a new job?

Mostly because the bench I have when pressing is small and it's not attatched and messes with my ability to get stable and drive my back into it.

Ring dips are hard though. Half of the battle is just being stable.

i think thats because i never took supplements when i went to the gym i just ate like 2 bananas and 4 eggs plus the food i regularly eat
rec me a good routine for ottermode

Hope that anons say funny stuff

So I'm lifting... gaining mass at a steady pace. But I decided to implement a 'little' bit of cardio for leg days only. That is every other day.

10 minutes on a treadmill @ 6mph equating to a mile run.

Will this kill gains?