General Advice Thread

Give advice to other anons who ask questions!

I think you should lift more and eat more.

I know you guys aren't doctors, but I'll ask anyway

>be in car wreck, strain back a little bit
>2 days later
>squatting 225 3x6
>back starts to feel pretty weak after that set, but I go to do my deadlifts anyway
>load up 135 for a warm up
>bend over and grab the bar
>snap my shit as soon as I begin the pull
>drop the bar and waddle out of the gym

Intense, sharp pain about my right glute for a few seconds. It was a tearing, cracking sensation. Sharp pain went away within 2 days. A month later, I still get radiating pain above my right glute and down to my foot when I sit or lie down, but it is mild. Standing and walking completely relieves the pain.

I've deadlifted up to 275 for a triple since the injury occurred, and everything feels fine during the movement, but I'll get moderate, dull back pain for the next 3 days afterward.

Is this a herniated disc or something else?

1. Go see a doc
2. Get an MRI

what makes you qualified to give advice

he isnt, he asked other anons to

I've just lost all credibility in this thread

How do I get over having a shitty ass frame and average to low test?

get on test around 23-24 years old. Do bloodwork through Private Lab MDs, your HPTA will be mostly developed at this point, so shutdown is not a concern so long as you PCT properly.

Yes, if the pain is radiating down your glute through your hamstring, it might be a herniated disc. You may have also strained your glute and have some phantom pains in your hamstrings. All the same, do not fuckign deadlift and squat till you have an MRI done.

>frame
Focus on shoulders, back and traps, and don't go too hard on legs. Also you might look better with slightly higher bf%.

>test
If you have average test then what the fuck are you complaining about, but if it it low, either get TRT or just hop on gear. I'm assuming your diet, sleep, excercise and stress management are all in order.

Anyone here do rock climbing? I'm picking it up as a new hobby (mainly bouldering) so I'm all ears for your tips and suggestions.

Also, how should I incorporate it into my fitness routine? I'm thinking about doing ppl every other day and climbing in between.

I recently found out I'm pretty ugly. I always thought I was 6-7/10 but I guess not.

How do I offset my looks (inb4 get money and cuck myself for some gold digger), or should I even bother?

I have an oval face and a small chin, not very masculine.

Yes, it's good conditioning work/ a hobby. Do light climbing on your rest days, and build up till you're cardiovascularly and physically competent enough to recover from that and endurance training.

You're ugly because you let other people's opinions define you instead of your opinion of yourself. Fix that and stop trying to please others.

What is the minimum amount of water I can drink and be on creatine? I try to drink at least 3/4 a gallon on work days and can usually get a gallon on off days. I ask because I don't want to fuck my shit up and dehydrate myself or something if I don't get enough water

I'd say a gallon a day is more than enough unless you work a physical job and sweat alot. Hell even half a gallon is enough for most people.

I have a serious doubt regarding SS, when I fail a rep/set on a main lift, should I keep the same weight for the next sessions until I don't fail anymore or do I just keep loading weights?

warm up properly. not kidding. i got injured a gazillion times because of bouldering.

>How do you go back to the gym and keep coming back?

Well now that it's summer I have been sweating a lot more. I ride a bicycle to work and it's about 3 miles. In that short distance I already have a layer of sweat on me. And at work it's hot af too. Most of the days are 95 F and at least 50% humidity.

I'll read up a bit more and see if less than a gallon is good enough.

Yeah definitely read up on it. I'd say for your bike rides get a sports drink, or at least a banana.

It's been a while but I think it said if you fail 3 workouts in a row, then deload 10%.
So keep the same weight for up to the next two times you do that excercise, and if you fail each time then deload.

ugly is what you wear. practice making faces in the mirror and find ones that are attractive. ugliness/attractiveness is deeper than you think, because even the way you contort your face and your body will either make you appear uglier or attractive.

Just go, it doesn't matter if you workout for an hour or just sit in the locker room for 15 minutes and leave, first cultivate the habit of physically going to the gym, and once you have that down, work more on actually having a good workout there.

Been training hard and eating REALLY clean for the past two weeks. Today I kinda overate and ate some sweets and a lot of flour, etc. I physically feel like shit. Is eating shitty foods ruined for me?

How should I warm up? And what kind of injuries did you get?

>Is eating shitty foods ruined for me?
Kinda
You can still eat the odd cookie for dessert, but you can't gorge like a fat ass anymore, unless you do it constantly.

Tore left rotator cuff during bench press, wat do?

why does this guy look so much like eminem

Dont strain yourself too much when bouldering, never let strength fail you, but rely on good technique. Be especially careful about wrists and elbows, and warm up for a LONG time. Me and everyone I know who started bouldering has gotten injured to the point where we had to stop all physical activity.

Go to a fucking doctor you retard

I want to start to get some amount of muscle so I can like something about me, any tips on where to start?

What are some decent sites for fitness articles? Preferably ones that link scientific studies? I'm legitimately interested in this stuff, but every time I ask if anybody has any articles on a subject, a bunch of newfags start telling me I'm overthinking it and need to "just go lift".

>THat's what I get for wanting to learn more about my hobby of 3 fucking years I guess

go to a doctor idiot. this is going to ruin your life forever if you dont

the sticky link is dead
anyone have a mirror?

read the sticky faggot

Is this body possible or is it just a comic fantasy?

I'm looking for a goal body

Never been into fitness, trying to start a bender that'll change my life for the better.
Is it a good idea to cap off my workout with an hour of walking/jogging?
I'm thinking it's a good idea to work both on my cardio and my strength, but I can't into fit yet.

>Squatting and deadlifting 2 days have car wreck with back strain

You wanted to go to Snap city right?

How do I get Veeky Forums while being too beta to sign up for a gym? All the big guys (4u) will laugh at me :((

Depression ruins my progress every time i start picking up weights again and my 12 hour shifts coupled with split days aren't helping. I only feel ready to start again when I'm rock bottom. How do I end this cycle

t-nation

How important are rest days if the volume of training isn't that big?

What I do daily:

kettlebell snatch 3x10
kettlebell rows 3x10
goblet squat+press 3x10
kettlebell press 3x10

Doesn't take much time, but do I need rest?

This

my osgood schlatter's is acting up, but i'm 22 so it's probably not from the usual cause. should i stop squatting, or just deal with it? it doesn't hurt while squatting, but my knees/shins have been sore recently

I used to have that, try using your thighs/glutes and calves more while changing your stance to lower the strain on the knees.

>wanting pincers on his dick
why, user?

I'm really frustrated.. I enjoy brosplits but I "know I should" be doing fullbody/upper lower-splits, though I find them boring as fuck. I mean I'm making gains, I'm getting stronger and most of all I'm enjoying training. But I'm not sure on how much gains I'm missing out on. Thought of doing a Zyzz kinda split with the fullbody consisting of the same compounds I do on the other days. So on the fullbody day Im doing Squats/Bench/Deadlifts/OHP/Accessories. Legit idea to compensate what the brosplit is lagging, frequency for protein synthesis and frequency for compounds? My goals are aesthetics, couldn't give less about strength though I know it's necessary for size.

Back Biceps (Deadlifts/BB Rows)
Chest Triceps (Benchpress)
Legs (Squats)
Shoulders (OHP)
x
Fullbody (Squats/Bench/Deadlifts/OHP/Accessories) 3x3-6
x
repeat

How do you get rid of puffy nipples/gynecomastia ?

Pic unrelated

There's always someone less fit than you at the gym.

Been drinking quite a bit for the past months, to the point where I think it may become addictive. I drink about 3-5 nights a week, almost exclusively straight spirits, about 15-20 fl. oz each time.

How bad am I fucking my liver? My brain? How bad is it affecting my overall performance (mental and physical)? Am I on the verge of collapsing or is it considered ''normal'' quantity?

Biggest guys are usually the friendliest. It's the young curl bros that think they're top shit

Is there any specific advice for a skinnyfat who has just started lifting? It seems like the worst fucking body shape to be in
>if you decide to bulk, you just get fat as fuck and then cut for a few months to look decent
>if you decide to cut, you go full auschwitz and then slowly build muscle
>if you go through body recomp it takes a long ass fucking time

any former skinnyfats here? what path did you take and why?

Will I ever forget her?

Will the one who comes after her even come close to living up to her?

How to increase bench I have been needing like 3 ss sessions before I can increase weight. I feel I need more volume?

nobody will laugh at you unless you do something incredibly stupid

which rotator cuff muscle was it? i'm sick and tired of people thinking the "rotator cuff" is a single thing.

Just mind your own business and no one will care. Only time I've laughed at someone is when some guy started flipping on the Smith machine and doing this weird bullshit and nearly toppled the machine which got him kicked out and suspended. So, as long as youre not doing that, you should be alright. Do a normal routine focusing on compounds til you know your way around the gym. Look at form videos and just have some self awareness and youll be A okay.

Bitch I have drank every day for around six years give or take maybe two weeks total for being sick. Drink in moderation maybe like a drink a night. Shit will buff out

How do you dehydrate yourself for a shoot? Or any other tricks to look more vascular?

I got a herniated disk while deadlifting

that is 100% what happened to you. Same pain sitting down and none while up. Mine was in my left side, you probably have L4-L5 herniated disk, that's what I had. had surgery 1 month ago today, if you have any questions I can help

I can barely bench bar what do

machines bench press and dumbbell bench press

don't forget shoulders and triceps as well

bump

Looking to move from a strict 5/3/1 routine to something with higher rep volume. Any starting points?

I'm a loser with no friends who live in my town. How can I meet girls?

sounds like Sciatica

Started lifting a couple weeks ago.
Should I train legs (once a week) even though I have fat guy calves?

>google PUA

Interest clubs or sports teams.
Dating apps or sites
Get a job with potential to meet people
Take some classes

If you're really good looking you can try bars or clubs.

How do I respond to this broad

You are incredibly stupid, I would never wish back problems on anyone because I know they can completely ruin your life, but you deserved it after this. I really hope this isn't true, if it is, go see a doctor as soon as possible.

This is the part where you ask her on a date. She implied she's open to meeting in person so don't hesitate, just ask. Include the activity, time, date, and location when asking.

Yes. You're calves will grow slower than pretty much every other body part. Just because they're fat doesn't mean they're strong. Don't handicap your lower body over this insecurity.

If in trying to be more trap like, should I take estrogen?

Not trying to transition full on.

But she lives 60 miles away user. Is the pussy worth it?

Rate my bicep workout during my Pull day

Standing Curls: 8 sets of 10 (4 sets inside grip, 4 sets outside grip)
Machine Curls: 4 sets of 10

Also, what are other GOAT bicep exercises?

How did you get injured exactly? Falling? Straining? Just curious.

Alright how do I make it with a pea shooter? 4 soft 6 hard.

My current plan is to get strong enough to just pick up whatever girl i'm with and jack hammer her

I don't know but it's wise of you to avoid asking /lgbt/.
For starters, see how far into traphood you can possibly go without hrt.

Not trying to be a dick but a pic would help e.g. for hairstyle, good hair for your face shape can often improve you 1 or 2 points for sure.

That's up to you breh. For me no, I'll find someone much closer to me and twice as hot within a week. But you messaged her, so you must be interested. Maybe you should do it for the practice. Plus you have an easy out if she asks for something serious. "Well the distance makes me feel like I won't be able to maintain anything serious, but I'm up for staying casual or just being friends."

Pushups

There's some girl that you find attractive who also thinks you're attractive. You find her by forging a personality that allows you to openly communicate, form connections, and express your desires. In other words, develop a sick cunt personality. Lifting helps. So does going out and talking to people. I suggest reading Models by Mark Manson.

Preacher curls with ez bar are fucking amazing. Ever since I tried it 2 weeks ago I've used it instead of regular dumbbell curls on my pull days. As for your routine, substituting one of those exercises for hammer curls should work well if you don't do those already.

LDAR and/or go ER

I have forearm splints I think. Sharp pain just above the wrist bone up to the mid forearm. I think it was from curls. I lowered the weight and tried gripping it tightly and slowly releasing it. It's still fucking me up, if I rotate my forearm in certain angles it hurts and now it's impacting other pull/push lifts and even annoyed me during squats.

Should I stop lifting completely until it heals?

aromatase inhibitors can help

Get wasted. Srs.

Why do I feel small cracks in my lower back when squatting?

It doesn't hurt, just sound and feel something in my back.

Help pls

I have a crippling fear of the outdoors due to some shit as a kid, and relapsing as a teen.
How big can I get in my own home.
I'm sick of how I look I'm way to bottom heavy and want to get rid of this muffin top.
Should I get an exersize bike or weights?

Should I shower in the gym?

How to keep your macros on point? Is weighing your food really worth it since its just chicken or an extra egg or two?

Weigh your food until you can accurately eyeball entire meals and calculate calories (and macros) in your head – then, as long as you don't deviate from these meals, youre set.

Is it important to work your joints just as much as it is to work your muscles? I heard this from a cross fitter so I wanted to know what you guys think

I'm doing cardio for 45 minutes per day currently, am losing about .9 pounds per day (coming down from 25% bodyfat, currently 6'1 212.) I'm eating about 1500 calories/day, and burning a total of about 3300 calories/day.

I haven't noticed my pants get looser despite losing 11 pounds.

I've been instructed by a few anons to get a gym membership and lay off the heavy cardio. I'm gym retarded, but I have money to blow. Should I go for a gym membership and personal training? If I go with personal training, how many sessions should I buy? I was thinking 2/week for 1 month to get in the habit and familiarize with a few routines.

Any thoughts/advice besides watching videos on training?

Yes

and yes.

I'm 6'5" 230lbs, skinnyfat by Veeky Forums standards, eat a fuck load of meat and bread/pasta and I do 4x25 push ups a day. Should I be doing more push ups? How does this diet affect my body?

you dont even know what kind of people goes to the gym
just sign up, start learning the exercises
ask the instructor for routines, tips, etc

on an average middle class gym people dgaf about anyone else

Honestly, just work with a personal trainer. If you have the money there is almost no reason not to, he will make the transition to working out very easy for you. You'll learn how to do lifts properly with someone who can check your form, it's the best option unless you have a bro who lifts. Just pay for one session and then ask what your personal trainer recommends for a plan.