What does Veeky Forums think about cold showers?

What does Veeky Forums think about cold showers?
I've started taking them. I put the water at the minimum temperature the shower can use and then I go in.
The first seconds are horrible but I reach a point when I don't even feel the water in my body because it's too cold.

I heard it's good for the muscle recovery, but since I started taking them I feel extremely tired. Could it be because the cold water makes your muscles contract uncontrollably and therefore they are more tired?

They fucking suck and they're cold.

genius

It has more to do with the fact when you go to sleep your buddy temperature decreases, so its a natural response. That is why some people suggest taking hot showers 30 minutes before sleep so your body stars cooling down and you befome sleepy

what about cool showers after gym/in the morning?

>What does Veeky Forums think about cold showers?

Sometimes they feel more refreshing than hot showers. Everything else you've heard about them is a meme.

I usually just do the alternate hot/cold at the end for a few minutes thing.

It works to help wake me up, that's about it

As far as I can tell any hormone benefits from cold showers are a complete meme. But it can be an effective way to wake you the fuck up in the morning.

I do cold showers as part of my discipline routine, but other than that they're fucking useless.

I usually end showers cold. Something about your pores and hot water drying out your skin, probably memes

At this point I just do it because it feels good.

Hormone stuff is likely bs as there aren't many reputable studies on it
It is good for your skin though (if you have back acne try it for a few weeks and you'll notice it decrease significantly)
And on a more subjective note, it feels better

cold shower gives me pimples
apparently it's because cold water closed the pores trapping oil and sweat under the skin

Take a cold shower after hard workout and you can Train again. Done that.
A Dr. explained it to me, Google it its chemistry

warm in the morning/night, cold right after gym if yours has them

taking contrast showers for a month now - hot ~60secs then cold and repeat
i am actually more calm and confident
not sure if it is because of the showers but seems like my test levels have gone up

The skin on my back is disgusting I hope it will help

I'm sure it's about the will power it takes to stay under freezing water

THIS

if it is hot as fuck, then take a cold shower. If you wake up on a freezing January morning, take a hot shower. You are paying for heat, fucking use it.

yeah i think so too
also before i had nonstop cold and now it is much better
i definitely recommend it for sickness prevention

I don't think that high level athletes like Kobe Bryant take cold baths with fucking ice cubes in the water to dry out their skin lmao

They're good if you have dandruff problems

Every damn day

I started doing it again out of desperation because of this summer heat. The pipes aren't even that cold in the summer.

cold shower =/= ice bath

whats the difference?

one of them is colder and in a bathtub

ok

also some of the letters are different

I tried taking one once and my heart rate skyrocketed and I started breathing extremely heavily as soon as I went under the water.

that's completely normal.
You start hiper-ventilating

Oh no bro. That means YOU'RE TRANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems unhealthy

Huh?

when freezing water is dumped on the body we go into fight or flight??? WOW!!!!!! so strange!! kys

My heart rate skyrockets and I start breathing heavier when I go for a run too. Guess I should stop, thanks for informing me....

You seem to have some anger issues, user.

>Not doing controlled freezing
Enjoy your no shiver gains.

YOUR PENIS: THUMBS DOWN BRO
TWO THUMBS WAY DOWN

I do cold showers at least every other shower. I do them because they help me get into the habit of doing things that are uncomfortable. A sense of anxiety hits me as soon as I get in the cold ass water, but then it subsides and I get that "Oh this isn't so bad" feeling which carries on with me throughout everyday activities.

That's one of the best points for me as well.
Doing shit that I'm uncomfortable with

[]D [] []\/[] []D

Good for when you want to cool off...

i've been doing these for a few weeks but I do 30 secs hot/30 secs cold alternating for 5 mins, makes you feel amazing when you get out

That's actually because cold water forces your body to circulate blood faster to keep you warm. Alternating between cold and hot water puts your body in relaxed state and then in tension again, it's figuratively like lifting with your heart and lungs. (You also start breathing heavily, because all the blood being used needs oxygen.)

It really is refreshing, because it oxygenates your muscles and whole body properly.

HIIT showers

I appreciate the advice, but I already feel great when I get out of the shower because of what your wife does to my genitals while I'm in there.

cold showers are easy if you live in hot(ter) climates.

if the day temp is 25C or higher it's not even a challenge.

jokes on you I have no wife

totally unexpected.
>kek'd

if its hot, I always take a hot shower, because it lets the outside feel cooler..Oo

I do it on my legs/feet post running. Vastly reduces soreness

wanna see what a faggot types like..Oo