What The Health

Just saw What The Health on Netflix and my mind was blown. Anyone else seen it?

Other urls found in this thread:

suppversity.blogspot.com/2014/01/true-or-false-dairy-is-toxic-hormone.html
diagnosisdiet.com/meat-and-cancer/
mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-eat/meat-cancer-bacon-who-report-mens-fitness-health
rawfoodsos.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/minger_formal_response2.pdf
deniseminger.com/2010/08/06/final-china-study-response-html/
deniseminger.com/2010/08/03/the-china-study-a-formal-analysis-and-response/
deniseminger.com/2010/07/07/the-china-study-fact-or-fallac/
foodrenegade.com/the-china-study-discredited/
deniseminger.com/the-china-study/
westonaprice.org/our-blogs/the-curious-case-of-campbells-rats-does-protein-deficiency-prevent-cancer/
westonaprice.org/our-blogs/taking-a-trip-down-memory-lane-fishing-for-our-good-friend-glutathione-in-the-waters-of-the-memory-hole-how-t-colin-campbell-helped-prove-that-protein-protects-us/
authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy
breakingmuscle.com/fuel/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health
authoritynutrition.com/7-evidence-based-health-reasons-to-eat-meat/
reddit.com/r/keto/comments/1zjlmu/scienceanimal_protein_rich_diets_could_be_harmful/cfupxyt/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23169929
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22121108
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11743810
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4135519/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18789600
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22342103
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15955547
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19279082
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18980957
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3081176
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22867847
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21422422
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12588089
abcnews.go.com/Health/Diabetes/wireStory?id=2244647
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19386029/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24523914
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19351712
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18481955
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23509418
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16596361
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15983191
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24149445
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17518696
circ.ahajournals.org/content/108/22/2757.full.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7019459
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1312295/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15172426
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25352269
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19562864
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11434797
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20820038
circ.ahajournals.org/content/105/25/e197.full
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4691673/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3967195/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4073139/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4245565/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4583329/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4844163/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2677007/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2877098/
youtube.com/watch?v=UcN7SGGoCNI
independent.co.uk/life-style/vegetarian-farmer-cow-herd-save-abattoir-jay-wilde-animal-sanctuary-bradley-nook-derbyshire-a7789131.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Let me guess, What the Health also told you to be a vegan.

>a documentary changed his life

Everything gives u cancer, certainly ur post.

Watch it before you judge.

False. A lot of things fight cancer. Convenient for you to believe that though I guess.

>studies skewed by fatties who pound down gallons of milk and cheese burgers
I could make a study that shows a link between alcohol and lung cancer. It doesn't matter than heavy drinkers are more likely to smoke too.

Yeah dude like W333d YEAH

Another convenient delusion. Most of the studies cited actually use "healthy" omnivores.

lol
You think this board is about health OP. Cute.
Unless it's about chomping down 200g of protein, taking drugs just to make a shirtless tinder profile or simply using a lot of drugs just so you can make fun of the non drug using faggots on this board..it simply will be mocked to death.

The convenient delusion is that you're so scared of hurting animals that you want to believe every study that claims animal products are unhealthy is true.

yup. they literally removed the word "health" from the page header.

>Implying milk give you cancer
It's bullshit meme
>suppversity.blogspot.com/2014/01/true-or-false-dairy-is-toxic-hormone.html
Also highly doubt the"milk=prostate cancer" entirely especially when in the article it says:
>Estrone and prostate cancer risk in men: As far as the estrone levels Maruyama et al. measured in their 2010 study are concerned it is very difficult to tell, whether or not the 26% increase in E2 levels is or isn't a problem.
>The estrone values in the Maruyama study are unrealistic. With a normal range of difficult to tell
>unrealistic
and
>What remains to be seen, though, is whether future epidemiological evidence will support or refute the currently heralded hypothesis that dairy consumption increases prostate cancer risk and whether we will be able to identify more feasible explanations for this relations than those that are implicated by the results Maruyama et al. present in their 2010 study.
>(cont.)

wrong

Holy fuck how can someone this thoroughly believe in the "science" posted on blogs.

I don't even feel this is worth putting any time into to debunk because the sites you've listed are so obvious to anyone who has absolutely any education in nutrition to be the most unforgivable bullshit. And even if people don't know about nutrition if they have a bit of common sense they can spot the worthlessness of a list of blog posts anyway.

You might get a few thoroughly deluded people to listen to you anyway though, but I wouldn't be able to help them with facts anyway.

>(cont.)
See, my first post.

Bonus: Animal protein/fat are also not bad for you and don't cause CVD or cancer; either.
>diagnosisdiet.com/meat-and-cancer/
>mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-eat/meat-cancer-bacon-who-report-mens-fitness-health
>rawfoodsos.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/minger_formal_response2.pdf
>deniseminger.com/2010/08/06/final-china-study-response-html/
>deniseminger.com/2010/08/03/the-china-study-a-formal-analysis-and-response/
>deniseminger.com/2010/07/07/the-china-study-fact-or-fallac/
>foodrenegade.com/the-china-study-discredited/
>deniseminger.com/the-china-study/
>westonaprice.org/our-blogs/the-curious-case-of-campbells-rats-does-protein-deficiency-prevent-cancer/
>westonaprice.org/our-blogs/taking-a-trip-down-memory-lane-fishing-for-our-good-friend-glutathione-in-the-waters-of-the-memory-hole-how-t-colin-campbell-helped-prove-that-protein-protects-us/
>authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
>authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
>chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy
>breakingmuscle.com/fuel/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health
>authoritynutrition.com/7-evidence-based-health-reasons-to-eat-meat/
>reddit.com/r/keto/comments/1zjlmu/scienceanimal_protein_rich_diets_could_be_harmful/cfupxyt/
This
He's right. I just covered this

>Holy fuck how can someone this thoroughly believe in the "science" posted on blogs.
Because they don't fall for memes and aren't retarded
>I don't even feel this is worth putting any time into to debunk because the sites you've listed are so obvious to anyone who has absolutely any education in nutrition to be the most unforgivable bullshit. And even if people don't know about nutrition if they have a bit of common sense they can spot the worthlessness of a list of blog posts anyway.
No, you can't debunk it because all you have is bad science and bullshit. I'm sure it has to be worthless to you because facts hurt your feelings.
>You might get a few thoroughly deluded people to listen to you anyway
Again, if by deluded you mean not retarded you're correct.
> but I wouldn't be able to help them with facts anyway.
The only part of your post that's actually right. If you believe the dietary bullshit that milk causes cancer you wouldn't be able to help anyone with facts

Wow, this is desperate.

Wow, you don't read

>diagnosisdiet
>rawfoodsos
>denisminger
>foodrenegade
>authoritynutrition
>reddit r/keto

Why do they even bother teaching us about using reliable sources in school when dumbasses like this continue to exist.

Why did they even bother to teach you about basic science, biology, nutrition or to read at all

If you even bothered to open the first link you'd find that it is a response filled with references.

Milk also give you stomach trouble.

Yes. I'm going vegan now.

Who cares just eat lift and be happy.

Stop being so neurotic about what you eat. Get your macros, take a multi, and don't waste your life away.

if you're lactose. otherwise you're just a bitch who can't handle his moo.

> tfw just had milk in my post workout shake
>tfw grilling a steak rn

To be fair, 2x an extremely small risk is still extremely unlikely.

You increase your chances of getting struck by lightning 10000000x over by going outside, but we still go outside...

Prostate cancer is like the inevitable cancer for all old men.

Pic super related

I'm sensing this thread is ... garbage

>absolutely disgusting

i know this feel

Seriously this. We have found cancerous tumors in mummies, to Rome, pretty much every ancient civilization. Cancer is nothing new.

I think thats jealousy...

jokes on you cumming 21 times a month lowers you chance of getting prostate cancer.

Say hello to erectile dysfunction

ITT: corpse eaters TRIGGERED

Cancer:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23169929
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22121108
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11743810
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4135519/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18789600
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22342103
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15955547
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19279082
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18980957
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3081176
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22867847
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21422422
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12588089
Diabetes:
abcnews.go.com/Health/Diabetes/wireStory?id=2244647
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19386029/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24523914
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19351712
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18481955
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16596361
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15983191
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24149445
Heart Disease:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17518696
circ.ahajournals.org/content/108/22/2757.full.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7019459
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1312295/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15172426

Osteoporosis:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25352269
American Dietetics Association Position on veganism:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19562864
Longest Living Population:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11434797
Low Carbohydrate Diets and mortality:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20820038
Plant foods have a complete Amino Acid profile:
circ.ahajournals.org/content/105/25/e197.full
Benefits of a vegan diet:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4691673/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3967195/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4073139/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4245565/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4583329/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4844163/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2677007/
Vegans & Vegetarians are more empathetic:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2877098/

Disregard meat eater bait shitposts until every single citation I have posted has been refuted. Not "lol tldr dismissed", but refuted.

Fuck off back to the graveyard aisle at the grocery store

>you get ED from cumming

thats not how it works user

Louis Theroux is really struggling for new ideas.

so I randomly picked ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4691673/

and the conclusion was "United Kingdom–based vegetarians and comparable nonvegetarians have similar all-cause mortality. Differences found for specific causes of death merit further investigation."

so it would not appear to actually support your point. it would seem to say there's no ultimate difference. so I think, as a meat-eater, I would rather not refute it and continue eating these former-shells of the living things I have, for my entire life, hated with a passion (FUCK COWS)

Who hurt you user? you

Fucking 90% of your daily activities have been said to cause cancer, including vidya games and wanking

Which makes a non-inflammatory, antioxidant-rich diet all the more important

what the fuck are all those links

they're not academic researches so I won't even bother to read them

>supplying a blogspot as "evidence"

lmao, eat A LOT of meat, I don't hope you get cancer, though

>nflammation necessary for immune cells to detect and kill precancerous cells
>reductive dna damage
no

[spoiler]I don't give a shit about animals and[/spoiler] I stopped eating meat, dairy, and eggs. Can you guess why?

>every study is of equal quality and design

yay veganism

He goes thread to thread posting dumb blogs that he tells people to read and then if you ask him to single out any point from them to talk about he acts like he hasn't bothered to read any of it himself

Nobody else ITT knows shit about nutrition either. It's a bunch of high school children discussing the ramifications of a diet religion documentary they watched on youtube. It doesn't belong on the fitness board.

because you dont give a fuck about your health or the planet??

He was completely rekt in that thread, other anons have still rekt him on other of his links in the archives, and he keeps posting. Just don't ever reply to him, he is a dedicated shitposter. He literally wouldn't care about the truth if it fucked him in the ass with a cactus. I wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to be nob$, roaming millennial or someone similar

wine and tomatoes it is!

That was to get rid of Mental Health General. Didn't really work, though. They didn't fuck off to /r9k/

pathetic, if you can't handle milk you don't deserve to live on this planet

>lactose intolerance decides whether you live or die

>mfw we will test people with milk in the race war to figure out if they are pure white or not

>oh no! a youtube video! i'm defeated!
fuck off, nigger

you watched that quick

i didn't even bother, it's youtube, it's american, it's ignorant pseudoscience with a clickbait-y title no matter how you put it.
i'm 22, i have no problems drinking milk and eating cheese, neither does anyone in my family, humanity has been consuming milk related products for the entirety of it's evolution and now a random 21th century woman can tell me what do eat or drink with a youtube video?
how about no

ignorance is bliss

yeah, must be working out great for you, tell me about it

>strawman fallacy

This is beautiful.

>he doesn't love cheese

I don't understand this picture. Do vegans think we'd just keep farm animals hanging around for no reason?

Only if you're not white

sanctuary's

[ShindoL] a Nyuugyuu life

OK, but why and how?

why not?

independent.co.uk/life-style/vegetarian-farmer-cow-herd-save-abattoir-jay-wilde-animal-sanctuary-bradley-nook-derbyshire-a7789131.html

You'll have to forgive vegans.

They have never spent anytime around cows. They think they are these intelligent majestic creatures or something.

I'm more curious about the financial and logistical side of things. I guess you could spend shitload of money to get the current population into sanctuaries, sterilize them and then have the species die out.

well you realise it will be a steady decline of the industry meaning less cows being born exc..

So eat and process the existing animals and just stop breeding them till they die out. Most plausible scenario, I guess.

There are 9 states in the US with more cows than people.

so?

do you know how much cows eat in the winter?

It means you'll have to kill and burn a shitload of cows to save them from being eaten.

read

>Stop animals which only exist to fuck and eat from fucking.
Would be like telling niggers to not have children out of wedlock.

>biological processes are yucky eeew

let nature take its course like every other animal species

I dont trust any 'facts' distributed in video form.

I do watch it for the entertainment value though, my favorite is 'what the bleep do we know', and 'thrive'. (both of which are so wrong I cant even fit the corrections in 1 thread)

That's good. I've done extensive research on the topic myself so I know everything said in What The Health is accurate. But yes, it's entertaining as well.

>Just saw that dairy profits are waning in the face milk alternatives being popularized and my mind was blown. Anyone else gonna buy the next thing the ad companies decide is "healthy?"

welcome to the light :)

I am nature though, so I don't see your point. I also got these all-natural uranium tablets for you to suck on if you like all natural stuff, or all natural snake venom.

Vegans BTFO yet again

ugh.. cows are so fucking dumb. I hate them so much, but boy, I sure do enjoy eating their tasty, tasty flesh.