How do you tell the difference between the actual advice and the memes on this board?

How do you tell the difference between the actual advice and the memes on this board?

Don't be retarded

Trial and error.

Unlike other boards, 8 times out of 10 of you make a Veeky Forumsness mistake you will know immediately.

But with a board like Veeky Forums if you fall for memes you won't know until 5 years later and by then it's too late.

Don't take advice from a japanese anime image forum you idiot.

if it's a blue board, it's sensible advice.

you dont

This
I've been lifting for over 2 years and the majority of the advice here is utter garbage and people don't call it out because most don't even know it's garbage because they're first year lifters.
There's also general consensus which if you go against you'll have a bunch of people against you even if it's trash advice, so like most people that once cared and tried to help this community out I'm now just here for the memes

>There's also general consensus which if you go against you'll have a bunch of people against you even if it's trash advice

That's very true. I've been lifting and shitposting here on and off for the last 7 years. If you go out and actually read books on fitness and other evidence-based materials you'll actually see that Veeky Forums shits on a lot of things that are generally believed to be effective. That's why you'll often see top-tier athletes doing "meme" lifts, isolation, static stretching, and etc. Veeky Forums can be a nice place to discuss ideas on BB and PL, but keep in mind that this is a Moldavian airmodeling board full of DYEL neckbeards.

>How to tell the difference between meme and factual advice?

Alright so first you have the source of advice, next you run it through a thing called common sense, if you still aren't sure about the advice you check multiple other sources if they can confirm.

If other sources aren't sure/there, you can either test it out for yourself or just forget about it entirely.

if the person giving the advice is really angry its probably true because they're pissed that their board is flooded with DYEL who spam frog meme advice despite being living frog memes

experience
lurking

This pic reminds me of guk the froglok city (lower or upper) in everquest classic... anyone?

I only want to know if bulking and cutting works, I assume it does.

Read the sticky first and Google all claims you consider taking seriously. Consider heading over to r/fitness and ask them about it to see if they laugh at you.

kek

This. I'm still running GNU/Linux

wrong, especially when it comes to diet, youll only notice 3-5 months down the line that you fell for gomad or the dirty bulk meme when youre fat

You should never bulk, it's a meme. Just lift a lot on your maintenance

>not running fedora in tyool 2017
>gonna make it
pick one

Why not? I mean it makes sense for muscle to develop if you eat at surplus.
I lifted at maintenance and gained only marginal gains.

HOW DO I THINK FOR MYSELF???

CRITICAL WHAT?

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO THINK FOR MYSELF

>tfw live within a 10mi radius of both Pastor Anderson and Brother Dean
Tempe is truly GOAT for the righteous.

>Click here

I said I'm running GNU/Linux. I didn't specify a distro faggot

Fyi, I run Fedora on my main and Debian on my server

Breh don't be retired. He's fucking with you. Obviously you can't add MASS to your body without taking in more energy than your body uses.

>not running a FSF approved distro
I see you enjoying being a slave, you submissive cucks.

>sucking Stallman's cock this much
If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were Linus himself

Also. Name O N E thing wrong with RHEL community OSes

If you think I'm gonna trial and error gomad....

Underrated

You read the sticky and disregard the rest of the board

Anderson posting? Nice I just watch one of his videos today.

>ASUfags stole our irl shitposter
Bad day to be a wildcat desu

Unfortunately, good advice on this board gets washed away by all the shit.

You may have some well-meaning folks. But then memes happen and people eat it up like flies on shit.

Just gotta do independent review.

The sticky doesn't cover a fraction of what is important to know as a lifter. The rest of it is learned through experience and a large database of opinions, studies, research, human physiology, etc. You just wade through shit until you can find decent advice.

If it's on this board, it's a meme.

eq was the shit bro

Read books, articles and blogs.

Why on earth you'd EVER listen to neets on an anime site for fitness advice is beyond me.

lurking moar

If you're actually interested in lifting and fitness get a couple programming and exercise science books including watching videos of Olympic lifters and how they train. Eric cressey is a good source for exercise science.

Unless you just want to be the typical mediocre gym fuckboy, then continue coming here.

I've never learned anything of value from this sub reddit. For an example of what goes on here read the fraud thread, every decent question is totally ignored in favour of negativity and bullshit

Ask to see progress pics. I get flamed when I say push pull legs works, but the results are not meme able

due diligence...

Lurk more

common sense

How do you tell the difference between the actual advice and bullshitting broscience on the Internet? Almost every vid has disapprovers.

is this the manlet dungeon?

>difference

yeah it's fucking difficult, especially in the lifting world. You basically have to try a bunch of shit and see for yourself what works.

>Wanting sensible advice