I'm having a bit of an existential crisis, fitbros

I'm having a bit of an existential crisis, fitbros.

I work in a pipe mill 10 hours a day, 6 days a week. After work, I go to the gym for 2 hours. I come home and eat dinner, shitpost online for an hour or so, and go to bed. I go out on Saturday maybe once a month. On Sundays, I'll get pizza with my brother and his girlfriend, maybe hang out with some friends, and watch a movie. Twice a month my girlfriend who goes to school out of province will come over for the weekend.

Is this life? Is this it? What more is there to do? How can I experience more out of life? I tell myself that getting fucking huge and shredded is all that matters right now, that this is only temporary – but I feel like I am only telling myself this in order to dangle a carrot to get me out of bed every day.

In short – how to get more out of life, especially one with a poor work/life balance?

Well you've taken the first step I guess in becoming aware of your situation.

What do you dream about when you let your mind wander?

This is the worst part – I dream of comfortable mediocrity.

I dream of earning $50 000 a year working 40 hours a week, of living in a $200 000 home in a quiet neighbourhood, of driving a 10 year old car that gets good gas mileage. I think I might honestly just be boring, which is terrifying.

If that is what you want that is what you want man.

Maybe you lack purpose?

Change job, the amount of work hours would kill me.

Lol.what? Are you 16? I work 80 hours a week just so I can have spending money. 60 hrs a week just covers bills etc

Stop living in San francisco

Stop living an extravagant lifestyle that you can't afford.

I live in tweed ontario canada,60 hours of work gives me just over 600 dollars after taxes

I don't live extravagant I don't even have a car

I work 40 a week and that's a good amount for, can work out and still got some free time. Out of curiosity, where do you live?

Instead of working 80 hours a week, maybe you should have spent 10 hours a month on your education?

I'm not smart enough for school

>Twice a month my girlfriend who goes to school out of province will come over for the weekend.
Stop.

You should be saving up loads of money with that right? Start dollar cost averaging in some etfs and retire in 10 years.

You are a human being - you are smart enough for school.
It has nothing to do with intelligence at all, it's simply a time investment like everything else.

Lol fucking ameriblubbers.

I work 80 hours too but that's because I'm aiming to get rich. Could dustain myself with perhaps 15 hours of work per week.

Stop working a shit low wage job

He cucked himself for life by not wanting to study.

save money stop spendings on fancy shit
pick an online course, youtube howtoos for coding. start learning on your own. start looking for new jobs in it and make double the money in half the time

I work 18 hours a week currently and earn $35,000, save half of it, go out twice a week and eat most meals at restaurants

how the FUCK do people work 80 hours a week and not consider suicide

This
I work 37.5 hours a week and it drives me nuts

>how the FUCK do people work 80 hours a week and not consider suicide
Well OP obviously doesn't.

Maybe what you desire is stability, how do you feel about your mother?

Break out of the cycle. If you're Jewish you can move to Israel and join the idf

>If you're Jewish you can move to Israel and join the idf
Yeah, getting stabbed is usually a great way to break out of a cycle.

yeah I get into this mode 2-3x a year.

for be its this.

I'm not sure where you live but goto a local bar / club and challenge yourself to really improve your social life.

there is LOTS of videos on how to pickup girls and you can learn that.

right now thats what I'm doing. going out everynight and learning to introduce myself to women and meet new people.

its fun. then I get a bunch of dates. fuck a bunch of girls.

its fun man.

just say what ever and give it a shot. its fucking challenging and fun as fuck.

>being such a normie brainlet he can only think about work and gym

Not even going to give you advice lol. I don't count you as sentient.

>the key to life is fucking girls

brainlet

>its fun. then I get a bunch of dates. fuck a bunch of girls.
>
>its fun man.
>
>just say what ever and give it a shot. its fucking challenging and fun as fuck.

Are you retarded?

I live 80 minutes away, I'll do you a favour and come kill you

>I think I might honestly just be boring, which is terrifying.

Everyone is boring

Go back to school, push yourself towards a career that makes you happy

>tfw absolutely no discipline and concentration for mental tasks that don't interest me
>can't study

Biggest failure of the family

Maybe it's because you have never experienced true hardship and struggles in your life to appreciate what you are having.

I am from a third world country and my income is only $12/ day for 10 hours. And I dont have any job stability at all. I would love to have what you are having now.

I have some relatives in the US who are happy to work 14 hours a day for minimum wage.

enjoy dying at 50

Ukraine?

Come to Alberta, turn that 80 hours a week into $8k a month on a drilling rig

Not him, but I also want a stable boring life more than anything and I despise my mother.

I can relate

>be young kid
>obviously very smart
>get told by everyone that I will do great things, be successful etc
>see gleam of pride in fathers eyes as I get top grades in everything
>finish Swedish equivalent of highschool
>go on to work at dead end job for 6 years and counting now
>never had a girlfriend
>never used any of my talent
>father still supports me unconditionally and I feel like such a shit for letting him down and not using all the chances he never had

Read "Rivethead" and realise that by working in a factory you are literally company property, nothing more than a machine used to increase production. You're already well on your way to understanding that.

Then make a change.

Or

Stop whining and just put up with it.

I'm not, I have lively and complex inner workings, it's just that people can't relate because they are so limited in the profundity of their intellect.

im exactly like this. i jist want the ability to dance and relax when i want. my dad used to almost punch me when id tell him this. fuck

Me too.

This

Honestly, 60 hour weeks is your problem. Throw a generous gym time onto that and there's no way you're going to have the time or energy to do constructive stuff outside of work. Working harder at work, unless you plan to move up in the company, is not working on improving your wealth. Unless it is the career you want to make you as comfortable as you want to be, consider it a means to an end. A way of supporting yourself. In the mean time, learn things, go to school if you want, figure out how to work an easier job for less time for more money/time. Easier also means more fun, I'm not saying don't challenge yourself, I'm just saying find something that you enjoy enough to usually look forward to going to work.

I feel like that "oh you are so smart argument" is just useless though.

Being smarter is absolutely useless if it doesn't come with a great deal of ambition.
Everyone in my family is self driven by an underlying motivation to achieve something in the business world.
That is worth so much more than "being so intelligent!!":

What's wrong with that?

Start planning what you can do to achieve that goal. Probrably starting with earning more so you don't need to work over 40hours.

How the fuck do you earn $35,000 on 18 hours a week of work?

It absolutely is. I have a friend who is not very smart but with unlimited energy and ambition.

He makes loads of money already at 24 and will be very successful no doubt.