/PLG/ - Powerlifting General

Welcome to /PLG/ - Powerlifting General.
>old edition
Primarily for the purpose of being a better athlete on the platform.

Post PR's, routines, form checks, meet results, schmexy lifts, etc.
Please check your shitposting at the door.

>Vital Statistics Unit - /plg/ Census 2014
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eleKMNJv_CbQkw0MyzZvJo7gxOlhPjzEyKSJdc3Iigo/edit?usp=sharing

>The official pastebin
pastebin.com/sNJAvbZ8

>The new dropbox - Veeky Forums information repository
>now partially rebuilt
pastebin.com/RiXEg5L1

>dropbox mirror
www.powerliftinggeneral.com
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0Vyec-yHY6DYmNiMkg1dlZIelU&usp=sharing

>How to deadlift by Mark Rippetoe
youtu.be/tfYez7-h55c

>How to setup for the deadlift by JL Holdsworth
youtu.be/hlBMGsRly1c

>How to sumo deadlift by Ben Rice
youtu.be/_5tQpNoSiKU

>How to lowbar squat by Alastair MacNicol
youtu.be/e-ORhEE9VVg

>How to setup and walk out a squat properly
youtu.be/GtPN-ftmxG8

>How to set WRs by Connor Lutz
youtu.be/593esHz-Oqo&list=UU2AylXQjX_qvxfesfBOYq5A

>How to build a big bench by Connor Lutz
youtu.be/XrVZqPkgdXo&list=UU2AylXQjX_qvxfesfBOYq5A

>How to bench press by Izzy
youtu.be/_V189hK85BI

>Trips PRs Pastebin
pastebin.com/2VTGQFN3

>/plg/ atlas
zeemaps.com/map?group=1252009&location=United States&add=

Other urls found in this thread:

strongerbyscience.com/periodization-preview/
danjohn.net/2013/12/minimalist-stretching-and-mobility/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Thank you for making an actual useful op

heres where we are

(Cross-thread)
(Cross-thread)
(Cross-thread)
real thread with links

Am I witnessing an actual non ironic autistic tantrum currently?

It's very simple, 18 year old boy lovers and people without fathers can go post in frogs thread, and powerlifters can post in this thread

>right side of lower back feels uncomfortable after deadlifting
>when doing squats left leg does more work and outside of left knee tends to hurt after doing heavier squats
>right leg feels tighter than left leg in general and when flexing
>when tiptoing right calf feels tighter than left leg and its uncomfortable/hurting below my toes on the right side

Is my hip the problem? I try to stretch everything in this area, but it doesnt seem to help that much other than better mobility. Any one knows whats wrong with me and what to do?

yes its hip imbalance

(Cross-thread) (Cross-thread)
real thread with links

>not know frog shit posts like this for fun randomly
how new are you hes been doing this shit since last year

How do i fix this though? Im already stretching/using lacrosseball.

Does anybody here actually like cardio day?

I like it because it makes me feel more athletic

No one here does cardio.

>41864647

I do dumbell complex crossfit style... sometimes...

Control our (esp squat) reps and be very mindful of hip shift in the hole. Paused squats can help with that, light lunges might be useful too.

Just did a 5k, got a Tough Mudder this weekend because I got memed into it by my gf, but yeah, I like being in shape and being able to break into a run without feeling creaky and stiff. Plus powerlifting is a hobby I use to keep my lifting goal-oriented more than it is something I'll ever excel at.

Nuckols dropped a spreadsheet in which he coded just under 50 studies on periodization:
strongerbyscience.com/periodization-preview/

The only cardio I like is hiking, but I don't hike regularly.

Isnt my hip constantly in a wrong position? Thanks anyway user.

I do a sport that requires a reasonable amount of cardio and do sprints/cyxling/ rowing machine work to complement that

Went for a Bench PR on sunday, didn't go so well, was going to try again today, but has it been enough recovery time or should i wait longer? i feel alright, just normal soreness kind of stuff

Uh. No sweetie. Frogy's sweet ass- I mean thread is that way

this why the fuck would you post on a thread created by some fat nord that hasent even posted his lifts before

(Cross-thread) (Cross-thread) (Cross-thread)
real thread with links

Most people don't post their lifts here.

Know why?

Sean will save the pics and vids, fap to them, then doxx you in a homosexually repressed rage

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH
>unironiclly being scared of sean
god i didnt think betas like you existed

Scared? I'd pound his bloody head in in person.

But from his mom's basement, he can be quite annoying with your personal information. Be warned.

so.
a man can dox you by knowing your lifts
wow
how autistic are you really to think this holy fucking shit LOL

>a man
Fatherless boy
>can dox you by knowing your lifts
He tries to dox everyone because he doesn't have friends
>wow
Pathetic, I know
>how autistic are you really to think this holy fucking shit LOL
Just look around lol

he doesnt try to dox everyone only people that make him mad lol

FUCK equipped and FUCK westside

Westside wouldn't let you wipe down their benches, faggot

you're right, they have to put on a suit and briefs to do it themselves

"I'm a teenager who has never been to a powerlifting gym or surpassed 300 wilks"

>the post

god l miss trappy-chan please baby cum back

FROG BTFO
R
O
G

B
T
F
O

sean has loving parents
his entire persona revolves around boredom

It's not uncommon to shift slightly to your stronger side as you come back up out of the hole and if you've been doing it a long time you probably don't notice it unless you focus on it. Next squat sesh you have just play around with 1pl8 for a couple sets, pause some reps, knock out a few higher rep sets, try to keep your whole lower body engaged and firing, then work up to your heavier sets. You'll lose a little bit off your top end work but it's one day.

Thing is the problem isnt limited to squats, so I guess ill have to look how to fix my hips before I squat/deadlift heavier again.

Are you a chair-dweller like the rest of us? Start here:

danjohn.net/2013/12/minimalist-stretching-and-mobility/

Basically learn to really stick your ass back and hinge. Like your whole ass, your inner ass, not just like "butt back," more "hip bones and musculature all perfectly set to generate power and move weight"

>Are you a chair-dweller like the rest of us?
Yes when im not lifting, playing sports im usually sitting.

>danjohn.net/2013/12/minimalist-stretching-and-mobility/

Thanks! Ill look into it.

Can i get a form check? Finally hit 3pl8 squat. It feels good, but maybe a bit too forward on the way up.

I can't chekc your form but I can definitely check those quints

too much forward lean because you're looking in the mirror and trying to get your eyes lower instead of your ass.

Sit more upright as you sit down.

hey guys, is cgbp a good accessory for me if my normal grip is pretty wide? Ive been thinking of using dumbell bench as an accessory instead.

Close grip (shoulder width, forearms parallel to the ground at the bottom of the press) should be your primary bench movement.

Wide grip for competition prep only.

CHECKED

WHY ARE THERE FOUR PLGs

autism, stay here this is the good one

hi isley

Frog got mad about making a non-powerlifting general. Faceguy made a useful general (this one), so Frog took his trip off and had a kiddy-tantrum.

Ty user

I don't like lifting anymore. I still want to bench, but I don't enjoy anything else.

What's the bare minimum I should do to keep balanced?
I don't particularly want to squat or deadlift anymore.

I wish he'd do more YouTube videos. His voice is so soothing

I like going running because theres a supermarket at the end of my route where I buy chocolate milk and ricecrispy squares :^)

Just quit and go do something you like to do Jesus Christ

Frog sperged because I tried to bring back useful OPs.

will reebok nanons, nike metcons etc be good for squatting/dling if I dont want to use heeled shoes?

You may as well just drive there if your gonna throw your run into the trash like that.

I want to do 5/3/1 style squats 2x a week

1 harder - 5/3/1

2 lighter - somethin like from more squatting template or do 5/3/1 front squats on the other day

ideas?

why does it throw my run in the trash. Im not running to lose weight, just to have better cardio and shit

Why the fuck do you need any more ideas than that?

That is a reputable variant of 531. If it matches your goals or your wants, then do the damn thing 100%, and see if you make progress

>only added 5 lbs to my Bench PR after 4 weeks

i bought a pair of metcons and i love them

didn't really want to splurge on "weightlifting" shoes

people who lift more than me wear metcons, so i wear metcons

I like it more beacuse Jim gives me real numbers, when Nuckols is like HURR DURR PUSH LIKE THAT EACH WEEK

not to my liking

for bench Im doing nucklos 3x int

I need also in addition some good not much volume deadlift scheme like 1x a week on front squat doing conv dl but not killing myself, not high reps and on monday after lowbar some rdls or snatch grip

I have weightlifting shoes and I dislike liting in them desu, way my body is build allows me to have good squats without wl shoes so there is no reason for me to have ones

+ in metcons, nanons any conditioning after should be easy, right?

what you wear before? chucks maybe?

lads how do you get started when writing papers? I always struggle to start

did all my lifts barefoot before, since i had a homegym. heading off to Uni (finally) in the Fall so i needed some shoes to wear there when i work out

Shoulder width isn't necessary, somewhere between there and comp bench width is fine, even like a hand's breadth in from comp bench is good enough. You should always be using your comp bench grip to some extent though, even if it's only for a few sets a week.

literally me. coming up on 4pl8 squat still putting plates under my heels because I couldnt be bothered to buy shoes. gonna buy PP2s or some shit for uni

Nice digits

hey lad, you gave me a tip about deload week a week ago. I've lost 2kgs during that week and did first day of c6w and 4x6 squats went so easy I added 5kgs for last 3 sets. Dunno how that happened but thanks laddo, you're a good guy.

"Powerlifters" are so terrified of a full range of motion

Weren't you going to start Dietmar 4-day?

5/3/1 fronts would work, or you could just take your FSL weight and hit like 5 sets @8 RPE on a second day, I've done both.

on fronts day I would also do main dl but I hate amraping on dls, what dls program would you advice?

I like dling conv 1x a week, and maybe rdling 1x

If you don't like amrapping deadlifts, have you considered three to five sets of quality purse curls? If you break a nail, feel free to cut your workout short and go home and put a tampon in.

#buildmomentum

Create a rough outline, start with your first body paragraph, go from there, and write your intro after you finish the rest

Full range of motion is not "fullest possible range of motion" and shoulder width grip will make it impossible for a lot of people to keep their backs tight. Also this is a powerlifting thread so fuck off back to Veeky Forums.

Do joker sets up to a semi max set of 5, 3, or 1 then drop back to your main weight for the day and do a conservative AMRAP

You're completely deluded if you think a full range of motion bench press prevents you from keeping your back tight or is not valuable for a powerlifter

If you're not getting your elbows below the bench for at least one session per week I'm pretty sure you have a sub two plate bench press

Archlet detected

You must be a lanky faggot. Pick another sport or do deadlift only.

I bench close-grip only for a majority of my sessions

Do you know why? Because it is superior for muscular and strength development for the bench press

I still incorporate pin presses, incline press, competition bench, and other variations as well, but shoulder with bench press is the core of a raw natural lifters bench protocol

Enjoy your blown out shoulders and your stalling bench press plateaus

TIL """""full ROM"""" is superior to specificity

mfw sounds fun

t-tthanks annon

rdling on lowbar day for 2x8 is good?

For novices, at least, more ROM leads to more size and strength gains, tho no evidence is found for trained individuals (due to lack of research, I think it was). This knowledge is starting to get old (a year at least, I guess), so it might've changed without me knowing.

Nah, maybe it was someone else. I've been running c6w 3 times in a row without any deload and it caught up to me. Still gonna run c6w until I can't progress anymore on it.

I literally only like bench

Consider deloading between every cycle. It won't have a negative impact on your gains in the long run, but it will have a positive impact on your joints.

And that may be true for novices, but for an intermediate or advanced lifter, to me at least, it just doesn't make sense that training in a very different way to how you compete would be better for strength gains. I'm not arguing against doing variations though, because they help to stave off injury that being extremely specific would cause to a (usually advanced) lifter, as well as make training more interesting/fun, etc. I'm just saying that dogmatically telling everyone to do close grip bench for 99% of their bench work is retarded.

"For novices, at least....tho no evidence is found for trained individuals"

>but for an intermediate or advanced lifter, to me at least, it just doesn't make sense that training in a very different way to how you compete would be better for strength gains.
It is, in the long run. Intermediates still have a lot of muscle to build, and somewhat lower specificity helps in this regard. It builds a more solid base. Not sure what you view as "very different".

Also, I can't see how what you're saying you said is what you actually said. As far as I can tell, your post simply indicated more ROM is not better than specificity for strength. Would be nice if you could clear that up for me tbH. I still agree with your point, tho.

Pic attached for no specific reason other than being relevant.

Just snipped a callus off using scissors because I was bored on the shitter and it seemed like an interesting idea. Went pretty well. Is this an actual thing?

WEW WEW WEW

THIS NORMAN KHAN THAT IM TAKING RIGHT NOW IS SO FUCKING STINKY AND SMELLY

where is that graph from? never seen it before

>It is, in the long run. Intermediates still have a lot of muscle to build, and somewhat lower specificity helps in this regard. It builds a more solid base. Not sure what you view as "very different".
And I would agree that doing variations cause different stimulus causing more overall hypertrophy, but in terms of strength, this is where I disagree. What I mean by very different is, IME, the bar path and the degree to which muscle is engaged is very noticeably different when I compare my cgbp to my comp style bench. My triceps are way more heavily used in cgbp, where my chest and shoulders (especially my shoulders) are used a lot more in comp style bench. Simply put, although my triceps are lacking (which I am putting effort into fixing), it would make more sense to focus on making my chest and shoulders stronger, since they are what take the vast majority of the stress in comp bench.

>Also, I can't see how what you're saying you said is what you actually said. As far as I can tell, your post simply indicated more ROM is not better than specificity for strength. Would be nice if you could clear that up for me tbH. I still agree with your point, tho.
I didn't really mention in this time, but I've mentioned it a couple times prior to the same guy

Callous management is a thing

Cutting them off with razors are a thing, yes. Pumice/filing down the skin is another.
Can't remember specifically. Might've been in a facebook post. I remember it was said that the model is still quite accurate despite its age.
What I'm getting out of your post is that you're disagreeing because CGBP is not the variation that would benefit -you- the most in terms of emphasized muscles. Would you agree if the exercise in question was cambered bar bench?

I've lost some strength on my squat while cutting, but my deadlift is doing ok.
Can I get my squat numbers quickly up again once I start bulking? The bar just feels so much heavier on my back now, I'm hoping it's a temporary loss instead of a permanent one.

Yeah I know you should do that. but I'm not the smartest man and also impatient so I somehow made it without any deloads.

For me personally, it would most likely help a lot more, although I've never done it. However, I still wouldn't spam reply everyone to do it because "it's the only way you should be training bench," because that ignores what people enjoy and that others would probably respond to in a different way than I would because everyone isn't built the same. But like I said, although it's a similar movement, it's not quite the same stimulus as comp bench due to the increased ROM, as well as other factors that I may be ignorant of due to having never used it, so I would still suggest putting the largest emphasis on comp bench, and then using a variant that helps you the most for accessory work.

Mirin desu, I was almost completely unable to work with like 65% after week 5 both times lmao

I stopped posting here

How weird