Rugby General

What is a better body type for rugby?
Lean or built?
I'm 220 right now and I am joining my uni's rugby team, would it be better for me to focus on getting down to 200? Or should I just start focusing on strength gain? Never played rugby, but I've heard how great of a sport it is, so I'm joining the team.

Is it possible to lose weight while gaining good muscle or should I just cut like crazy then bulk? I only have 3 months

Also rugby general, share stories and experiences, I'm pretty fuckin hyped

>Is it possible to lose weight while gaining good muscle
You can gain muscle but it wont be a large amount, unless you're roiding
>should I just cut like crazy then bulk
No, you're gonna be running around a lot and pushing big guys
you need at least your TDEE+1000k to maintain your weight

Rugby is for fags. Play a real sport like football.

Professional Rugby has some of the most masculine and most aesthetic males on the planet.

t. AMERIBURGER

I played rugby for county when I was younger and for the university I went to.

Coaches seem to care more about size, in my opinion stay big to get in then cut down as you want.

Damn

>never watched a rugby match

Part of the reason I want to play, I want that rugby bod

Flanker reporting in. Focus on your skillset over strength and do plyometrics.

>never played a rugby match

You want to be a fast as possible while also being as big as possible. Eat a ton, run a lot, bench/squat and gain strength. Highly recommend doing the cart push with plates exercise, or like tire flips.

Thanks, I'm going to start adding this shit in

Can you play in this with friends?
You Americans always think up crap.
There is onle one real football.
football by foot.

naw dude it's called football because the ball is one foot long

How can I prepare myself physically for rugby taking into account that I can't actually playing rugby? At the moment I have a metal bar in my chest and I can't play physical sports but the bar will be removed in more or less 10 months. I can do everything at the gym and run/jog. I'm also running a strenght program.

Oi socials mates innit you got any decent songs to share

Velvet she asked for
Felt she got

What?

A German method of coal extraction she asked for
Mein shaft she got

I'm 5'7 and I weigh 65 kg. Do I stand a chance if I join my local rugby team?

Yeah, as long as you are strong and fast, your weight and height doesn't matter

a ruler she wanted
12 inches she got

(he doesn't work there anymore)

Swedish cucumbers on her eyelids she wanted
My Irish potatoes on her cheeks she got!

>tfw when I'm a female rugby player, your height and weigh 5kg more than you

Kek

Depends on where youre playing and type of player you want to be in your position. Can never go wrong with olympic lifting to build power and increase effectiveness in contact areas.

Building core skills like passing and footwork before contact will make you a much more effective player than size and weight.

pls b in A U C K L A N D

If you're young and other people in your local club are too, you can probably, as long as you start dirty bulking right away; otherwise no, you'll just get tossed around
t. 174 cm (5'7-5'8) 95 kg

What counts as young? Uni age?

She asked for an orgasm.
Who gives a fuck what she wants!?

It's the off season faggot aka bulking season

What position do you play?

How tall are you? If you're 5'8 youre a fat fuck and should cut, if you're 6'3 you should bulk for 3 months and get strong as fuck.

Unless you play 10 being a little heavier will help even if it's not even 25% muscle. You'll just be stronger and harder to send flying.

If you're a skinny DYEL you need to start a 5/3/1 immediately and drink a gallon of milk a day. If you're a 6'1" 220 beast then i wouldnt worry too much. Depends where you're at. What uni are you gonna play for? You in Aus, NZ or UK?

Or 9, but nobodys gonna let the noob play halfback

Not a chance lad eat some fuckin eggs and get under a bar

Do a strength/powerlifting program with conditioning accessories like tire flips and sled pushes. Also, train sprints for explosiveness at least 3x a week (not including the sprint warm-ups you will do at practices).

Eat your TDEE plus 1000. You are probably playing 15's, but even if you're playing 7's you need to be eating a lot and gaining muscle mass.

I'm 6'-6'1, I have visible muscle with just with extra fat, chest is slightly more out than gut. And years of hard hammer swinging jobs have made my chest and arms thick, also played 4 years of wrestling and American football in highschool

also amerifag, but I'll be living in Auckland for my junior year of college and I don't want to be a pussy

So I assume ignore the extra fat and try and get on a clean bulk? Because that's the plan I've been going for but I guess the excess flab will be burned once I'm into my bulk

Should I try and maintain a slight deficit in order to get some flab off?

that rugby THICK NECKSTHETICS

Really depends on the position you are playing also if Union or league. League players tend to be smaller and leaner as the game is faster and less physical.

If you are a foward like a prop you are gonna want to have as much muscle as possible and some extra fat to maximise weight without impacting cardio vascular performance too much.

But if you are a back like a fly half or a full back. Your main focous is on speed and manuverability. You still need some muscle as you are going to get tackled but backs tend to be a lot smaller and leaner to maximise that speed.

The position you are suited to generally is decided by your height and frame and ability to kick.

Rugby player train by doing a lot of Olympic lifts as well as the big 3 compounds and explosive movements supplement by cardiovascular conditioning and accessories work.

A kit cat she wanted
4 fingers she got.

Come down to Hamilton some time man.

Welcome to Aotearoa. Hope you enjoy your time here.

Yeah, but even younger would be best.

any of yous cunts getting round the SoO tonight?

>people saying that rugby is for big guys

Have you ever played a rugby game?

the shorts or "manlet" are the most scary shit, as they can go down your fucking legs and tackle you real good, plus, they can run and outspeed you real good

What i do is just go to the gym, get stronger and that's it, i will lose weight however it depends what position you like and shit

Yep. Rugby League legend Rob Burrow is only 5'5 and weighs less than 70kg and he's won two cups, 7 league titles and been named man of the match in the Grand final twice.

is 6'1 a good height for rugby? is it to small?

cute padding lmao

fuck yeah lad up the QLDRS

depends what position you play, for half back or playmaker you want to be short and stocky and can run like the wind so you can slip through the big guys when they tire (see allan langer). for front row just eat a fuck load and be at least 6 foot + tall and 150kg and just rampage like a mad cunt (see andrew fifita).

That's a solid height. The only position where people tend to be really tall are the locks . You should be fine for any other position.

An Oriental telescope she wanted
MY JAP'S EYE SHE GOT

physically, if you lift look at your back form that straight back with tilted hips is essencial in every cantact aspect of rugby.
depends on the level but normally you could show up and say that you cant do full cantact untill your metal bar is removed and train with the guys. normal training isnt full contact most of the time

a good deal she asked for
Fucked she got

>lean or built
Rugby is great in that both have their place and function

Nice pink uniform, fag. Gonna suck Chads dick after the game too?

Thanks, it was either Dunedin or Auckland, and I was advised to do Auckland

I'm gonna go everywhere I can, New Zealand is too awesome to stay in Auckland

Lol and as much as I want to be 150 kg of muscle, 90-100 kg and 6'1 is my area, maybe even the upper 80's if I work my ass off

I may be in America but all the good players I've met were like fucking bears, they're on another level, I can't wait until I meet the guys who actually go hard

Thanks, I don't know what position I'm going to be yet, wherever they put me I guess, I still need to do some more reading on the game

And it's funny the first time you watch rugby, it's nothing special, but after watching a couple games and getting into it, you realize how fucking pussified the NFL is, hell even hockey is more rough than the NFL

Can't fucking wait to play this shit

The rarest of sights, an American with proper sports sense.

God speed m8.

Are you so mentally impaired that you have a child's view of splitting colours into 'boy colours' and 'girl colours'? There is no problem with wearing pink, particularly if you have any self-esteem/ aren't a complete incel. Also this if Veeky Forums 50% of people here would try for those extra protein gains.

Second post best post

>asks people if theyve ever played a "rugby game"
>have never played a game themselves

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy going tailgating at college football games, and I think that is some real fun shit, but I can't imagine how fun a rugby game must be to go to with some mates being completely fucked

Definitely going to as many games as I can in NZ and AUS

Im captain of my uni rugby team. It kinda depends on what position you'll be playing. If you're in the tight 5 I would try to lean bulk but if you're anything else focus on being lean and fast.
Im a 6'3 240lb prop. Im not that heavy for my position but I'm way more fit than other guys my position and my coaches prefer that