Which kettle bell should I start with?

I'm at walmart and the 10 lb and 15lb feel too light. I like the 20 lb but it may be too heavy for all that swinging shit since I quickly googled imaged kettle bell exercises. I don't have unlimited data otherwise I'd go to YouTube. Anyways I wanted to get one or a pair so I get a bit stronger so I won't look pathetic at the gym. Advise please.
Also do the squatting kettle bells exercises come to a close second to squatting at the gym? Obviously it'll take more reps.

Other urls found in this thread:

titan.fitness/strength-equipment/kettlebells.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

are you a grill?

>I want to get stronger so I wont look pathetic in the place that will make me stronger

No a short skinny male. Now please give advise

Well I'm weak as fuck. I can't bench press for shit.

I advise you to forget you ever heard about kettle bells.

>bench bar
>wait 1 day
>bench bar + 5-10 pounds
>wait 1 day
>bench bar + 10-15 pounds
>rinse repeat

what the fuck do think a kettle bell will accomplish

I heard you can work your whole body with them

after a few weeks of a gym you will notice gains and you wont have a heavy ass kettlebell sitting around collecting dust in your apt

16kg for men is usually advised. I do kettlebell swings of 25 for 24kg between squat sets, I really love it. Amazing for your posterior chain and conditioning

OP - what are your goals? No one can offer any advice till we know

turkish getups and kettleswings will get your corn burning. Dont listen to egolifting faggots whose entire identity revolves around "strength training" with a barbell.
There's also not a better exercise for fucking than kettlebell swings. If you want to get stamina and be able to forcefully thrust, kettlebell swings are your best bet. But then again, how would the fatties know?

>the 10 lb and 15lb feel too light

Yes but 20 is too big. Get 15. It's in the middle.

this guy is sort of right but if you have the goals that young men typically do (strength and big muscles) then you're better off with heavy weights. rugby players, NFL guys etc are big, strong, alpha and they get that way by lifting

kettlebells have their uses, notably in the realms of conditioning, mobility and balance, and some martial artists make use of them. personally, i, and many others, see them as a compliment to training rather than the entirety of one's training. also, take no advice on them from anyone who isn't pavel tsatouline as its almost always "functional" memery designed to waste your money. i'm not saying that other good coaches etc have good advice but pavel is the go-to guy.

good luck

proper swings give killer thighs and hip flexors

I do kettlebell swings between deadlift and squat sets. I aim for 150 each lifting day. I feel my back and hamstrings after each workout. It helps with your grip as well.
It shouldnt replace a workout by any means, but being dismissive before never having tried it is narrow-minded and ignorant.
Progressive overload can happen through other means than increasing the weights, and kettlebells will get you show you how shitty your endurance is. Do them, and start easy. Its more demanding than you might think

Sweet, thank you.
I just want to be lean but I'd like something to get me there or close before going to the gym. I don't want to look like a weak fuck infront of girls

16kg, 24kg and later 32kg for swings
8kg for turkish getups
Pull-up bar. Once you get to 10-15 reps, start using weights.
But know that losing weight is mostly diet, and building muscle easiest with a barbell. You can do a lot of stuff to get Veeky Forums at home, but ultimately you'd waste your time if you end up going to the gym anyways.
But definitely implement kettlebells into your routine

What else can I do at home?
Best exercises for lower body strength?
Whats the best exercises I can do to substitute barbell squatting from home?

The squat nothing can replace adequately. Get a barbell and rack, or go to a gym. Fat you can lose, kinda ripped as well, but for building muscle mass nothing approaches the barbell.
You should also learn to manage your expectations, especially if you've never been physically active before. You can build some strength and endurance if you feel you need it before attending a gym, but dont expect your goal physique to be attainable with only that

absolutely. progressive overload can happen many ways. no disagreement there whatsoever.

the problem i find with kettlebells, however, is that i'd rather have the option to progressively overload in as many ways as possible, and kettlebells, being non-adjustable, fail in that regard, at least when you have access to only 1 or 2 (most gyms i've been to with kettlebells have them increase in 2kg increments which negates this problem)

squats-wise, you can do one-legged squats and eventually weight them using your kettlebells. to be honest though i've never seen anyone who does this to have legs beyond 'toned'. if you want decent leg development, you NEED a barbell and a rack.

Oh ok. Thank you very much

OP there's no need to restrict yourself to only a kettlebell. your bodyweight will give you a killer upper body if you can devote years to it. if you want to get toned before the gym, it will also do that. keep an eye out here and on /asp/ for bodyweight generals to get you started, or go to reddit if you can stomach the place and look at bodyweightfitness.

pavel is what based water filter merchant is to /pol/ search for giryevik sport, don't fall for the comrade marketing

Cool, thanks

>titan.fitness/strength-equipment/kettlebells.html

Go there and buy a 35lber to start with.

>I do kettlebell swings between deadlift and squat sets. I aim for 150 each lifting day.

I added them for cardio and do about 100 reps every day. Good shit. Better than running.

>doing something that can just be accomplished with oly barbell moves and it develops the muscles better
you are of gay