I've been having trouble sleeping lately

I've been having trouble sleeping lately.

I keep looking at my alarm clock, and it takes me an hour to fall asleep. I think this sleeping trouble is messing with my gains. What do I do?

what many don't understand is that your muscle are getting bigger when you're resting. And resting means not using the muscles. However if you sleep a lot means you're also resting a lot so there is a correlation there but you're probably good

I tried turning the clock around, but I still look at it. What do I do?

>same bedtime/waketime everyday, even on weekends
>no screens for an hour before bed.
>sleep on your back and do not shift around
>no LED lights on in your bedroom, including alarm clock (at least turn it away from your bed)
>windows shut, curtains closed. dark as possible, with as little noise. consistent noise like a fan/AC is fine.
getting rid of lights in your room is easy. took me a few days to get used to sleeping on my back. and it takes a lot of discipline to stick to a bed/wake time and avoid using screens, but it's worth it.

I used to look at my cable box clock until it said 10:30, but I recently got it replaced with a Tivo. Since then, I've had more trouble sleeping. Think they're connected?

Also, I used to go to bed at 9:13 and lay in bed until 10:30, but a few days ago, I've started going to bed at 9:30.

frying pan to face.

any kind of change in a sleep routine will cause difficulty sleeping. but there's certain changes that are worth making.

staring at a clock/tv/phone/whatever is a bad habit. removing those habits will temporarily make your sleep worse because you've become dependent on it. but in the long-term, you'll sleep better.

just follow good habits, make it a routine, and stick to it. it might take a few nights of shitty sleep, but eventually your body will fall into the routine and everything will be good.

So, I've been having trouble sleeping because I'm so used to looking at a clock?

What if I never adjust to being without a cable box clock?

>What if I never adjust to being without a cable box clock?
then you won't sleep, and you'll die.

Am I being ridiculous, then?

not really. changing sleep habits can be pretty aggravating, because it almost always means having a few days or weeks of shittier sleep until you adjust. to knowingly subject yourself to those few days or weeks causes some anxiety... but just keep in mind that it will get better.

I'm just adjusting to not looking at the clock, then? Is that why I still frequently look at the clock then? Out of habit?

Then how will I know it's time to go to bed if I don't look at the clock?

No screens 1 hour before bed. Take valerian +melatonin. Read a book in bed. Squatting heavy too late in the day can also keep you awake.

yea. move the clock away from your bed so that you can't reach for it and can't look at it. you don't need to know what time it is when you're laying down to sleep.
>Then how will I know it's time to go to bed if I don't look at the clock?
you can look at a clock before you lay down... but once you're in bed, you shouldn't have any distractions. a bed is for sleep.

But I heard you're supposed to go to bed an hour before you go to sleep. How will I know it's 10:30, and time for me to go to sleep? You're supposed to go to bed at the same time every night.

And I tried turning the clock so I don't see the time, but I still look at it.

Do you consume cofffee?

I love this it, but every once in a while I have to quit due to my consumption messing up my sleep schedule. I don't even drink that much, maybe two cups a day, but it's enough for me to get sleepless.

i dunno man, you're talking in circles here. wear a wristwatch.

What do I do?

re-read the thread. good luck.

I worry if I'm not asleep in 15-20 minutes.

Should I give myself more time?

I take a sleep formula pill that contains melatonin on nights I have trouble sleeping.

I'm worried my body will stop producing melatonin on its own. What do I do?

Get one of those bells on top analog alarm clocks that doesn't glow in the dark.
Put it on the other side of the room.
Quit being retarded

How long do you give yourself to fall asleep?

How long did it take you to adjust?