youtube.com/watch?v=pJ2-r3pM9xQ
powerliftingwatch.com/records/raw/world
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You forgot the
>1/4 depth
>spotter pulling the guy up as hard as he can
>1x bodyweight

>Being personally offended by equipped lifting

>Using the strawman fallacy two thousand and seventeen years after the birth of out lord and saviour Jesus Christ

It adds around 30 lbs. to your max if you practice with them. It's not like it's a bench or squat suit

It's allowed in weightlifting.

It's not that. It's that people are claiming raw when wearing straps - which is not the case.

Nope.

You

Yup.

>belt
>sleeves
>"equipment"

No one cares about your double-ply sumo-stance knee-wrapped half squat

Tbh why don't all weightlifters use straps? It literally allows you to squat more which helps you lift more.

There are people getting 50-100 lbs out of wraps.

Not really sure who or what you're trying to reply here.

Nah.

sleeves =/= wraps

Then why do I have so many trophies in my office?

I know that.What do you think I'm asking for?

Where? Have you ever used them? I've seen people get at most another 30 lbs., if they practice with them

wraps make the sport looks extra-ridiculous with how the so-called "athletes" walk towards the rack like they have severe hemorrhoids

You have to get wrapped by another person who knows what they're doing.

knee wraps are not raw, you are thinking of knee sleeves which do not store elastic energy

Bullshit. These $100 sleeves people are competing with obviously help.

In weightlifitng they do it on their own and walk around just fine. I guess they don't wrap as hard.

I wear SBDs and I get a bit of bounce but that might be more in my head then anything else. When I actually wrap with tape I can get like 5-7 kgs on my Oly lifts.

it's not a knee wrap

some memesters get SBD sleeves and they size them down so they can get elastic rebound out of them, which is pretty gay

when i used to squat (before i snapped my shit) i had rehbands that were properly sized and they provided no rebound, just made squatting more comfortable

>Not a knee wrap

Oh okay so this is Klokov NOT wrapping his knees then.

youtu.be/cv_EWWDV2O0?t=3m19s

youtube.com/watch?v=pJ2-r3pM9xQ

And this is Ilya Ilyn NOT wearing knee wraps at the olympics.

>that flexibility
mirin hard as fuck

They must be using shitty Wal-Mart wraps or just have bad wrapping technique. Almost all the wrapped squat world records are like 30-80 lbs higher than the unwrapped records.

powerliftingwatch.com/records/raw/world

30 lbs is pretty low. I don't use them because they feel like shit and I prefer sleeves. You can watch some vids on how to get more out of your wraps.

I watched my friends get wrapped by someone with a 2000+ total. Lilliebridge wraps. They got around 30 lbs. on their max. It really doesn't add as much as people think it does.

>all that effort to look stupid af
>for 30lbs

even worse

holy shit i had no idea he was so flexable...fucking mirin hard

Your friend is a shit squatter.

Yeah what a surprise this world champion elite level professional weightlifter is flexible damn now I've heard it all.

Are you guys memeing or what?

Then your friend either has a weak squat, or doesn't know how to utilize the wraps in his squat. 30 lbs isn't a lot. Read threads on reddit, bb.com, T nation, wherever. There are lots of guys with 600+ lb squats getting 50+ lbs out of their wraps.

Holy shit do you really? That's fucking pathetic

Wraps allows you to squat more but only at fatfuck snail pace. They also hinder mobility and it's important to get as deep as possible when catching a snatch or clean.

>filipino thunder
>squats to 1/8th depth

It's like real life isn't always how the internet says it is. I'll give you at most 50 lbs. with a very experienced wrap user and lifter.
It's funny how you people don't think 30 extra pounds on your max isn't an impressive thing. I used to wrap. It usually got an extra one to two reps on my max, which is like 30 to 40 extra pounds maybe.

Those are obviously fake plates. The bar isn't even bending.

>Watch it IPF

>lifting weights for sport

Strength is a cool premise for a sport, but I agree. Squat is a fucking training movement. If you're gonna brag about it, beat about what your body can actually squat past parallel, but it's a shitty sport in general. Sports are physical games, lifting isn't a game.

I do it as a highschool sport. Just another pin on my letterman jacket for me