Why did people stop eating liver ?

Why did people stop eating liver ?
It's pretty God tier

"Gram for gram, liver is one of the most nutrient dense foods available to us. It contains a large amount of high-quality protein, an easily absorbed form of iron, all of the B vitamins (including B12 and folic acid in significant amounts), balanced quantities of vitamin A, many trace elements and minerals including copper, zinc, chromium, phosphorous and selenium, essential fatty acids EPA, DHA and AA, as well as the powerful antioxidant CoQ10"

My family has it once a week or so.

Other urls found in this thread:

cronometer.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=Vlc_8DEqmio
authoritynutrition.com/why-liver-is-a-superfood/
press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
breakingmuscle.com/fuel/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health
authoritynutrition.com/7-evidence-based-health-reasons-to-eat-meat/
authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy/
caloriesproper.com/red-meat-wont-kill-you-it-will-make-you-stronger/
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-simplicity-of-dieting-it-really-is.html?m=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I still eat it, though it's salty as fuck. I know what you mean though, it's rare as living shit, I have to hit up a buffet to find it and they only have it there on Sundays. Mind I don't actually seek out liver though, it's just good all around and even tastes great.

>looks like shit
>smells like shit
>probably tastes like shit

the best is grass fed beef liver. its literally tier s foods for ANYTHING. liver is one of the main reasons i quit being vegan. that and i dont want to associate with faggot thin neck numales, not to mention lack of nutrition

when it comes to diet im exclusively prioritize health and nutrition, and humans were designed to consume animals

People become spoiled when food is abundant. Organs are "gross" in comparison to normal meat. Because of this people are able to choose to eat tastier or better cuts of meat and not really suffer.

Doesn't your grocery store have it?
Mine does bro.
It's so good for you.
1. You sound like a bitch
2. You're wrong. If prepared properly it is delicious.

Dude...
Just fucking try some, it's great. Just has that lack in visual and mental appeal because you know exactly what it is, like said; you know it isn't a steak or ground beef patty, it's a fucking liver. And it's fucking good son.

I just had some grass fed veal liver and some steak. Was godly. We need meat. Period.

Fuck so pathetic.

I live in bumfuck nowhere, though I could try to see if the Walmart in the nearest city has some the next time I'm around.

Why eat liver when you can eat porkchop, that dogshit tastes identical

B/C I can't find any "liverwurst" / braunshweiger without any nitrates ? Even Boar's Head has nitrate stuff in it....

Why is there no non-nitrate spreadable tasty liver paste ????

>Obi Wan Kenobi

cut it into small strips, fry it with onion and bacon grease. have it with bacon and eggs on a sunday. good fucking breakfast.

i've never tried it...curious about it though, and been looking for calorie/protein dense foods. Does it matter what type of animal you get the liver?

iirc liver is actually pretty toxic to eat

Don't eat it desu go vegan instead hope this helps

nice meme

>the best is grass fed beef liver
>t. someone who never had grass-fed lamb liver

I love the taste of liver but only if it's in tiny pieces and mixed with rice or something.

>I still eat it, though it's salty as fuck. I know what you mean though, it's rare as living shit,

Go to a family restaurant that caters to old people, like Perkins. You'll always find it on the menu

Tfw the club I goes to serves lambs fry and it's tasty asf

it is healthy to eat liver like 3-4 days per week?
liver is cheap in my country and i like it a lot.
someone here eat lots of liver?

What software is that?

not but the software is Cronometer

cronometer.com/

Thanks brahs.

That's so strange. I'd imagine you'd have an easier time buying liver outside of faggot cities.

every fucking grocery store stocks this shit, just in the freezer because it doesn't move quickly.

muh "city slickers are wimps" meme -- the overly priced organic-marts typically have it ready to go because hipsters love eclectic shit (who knew?)

I'm not booty blasted, because I'm in BFE, south of the mason dixon ... just saying is all

>without any nitrates

You don`t understand how sausage making works do you? "nitrate free" products still contain nitrates its just comes from celery as opposed to chemically pure product. As to what would happen to a cured meat product that actually contained no nitrates botulism is a common result .

youtube.com/watch?v=Vlc_8DEqmio

Tbf predators often have lethal levels of Vitamin ?A in their livers. I know eating a polar bear liver'll kill you.

also dogs liver have a shit ton of vitamin A. 100g of dog liver will kill you.

I use to scoop horse shit up at the county fair when I was a teen for spare cash. The horse shit was always embedded in straw, wet moldy straw. Horse shit covered moldy straw. It smelled awful, gag inducing. I use to put a big glop of carmex right below my nose so I could stand it.

Anyway, the one time I tried liver it tasted exactly as that horse shit covered moldy straw smelt. I instantly threw up all over the dinner table and made my grandmother cry.
Fuck liver.

chicken liver is drastically worse, my man. I eat a lot of "gross" foods, so it's not a weak stomach on my part.

there are very, very few foods I haven't gotten to work.
Fuck _chicken_ liver

>high-quality protein

lul wat

>easily absorbed form of iron

enjoy your cancerous heme iron

>all of the B vitamins

because the animal was given B12 supps

>balanced quantities of vitamin A

what does this even mean?

>more bullshit

Reminder that there isn't a single nutrient in animals that you can't get from a better plant-based source.

B12 nigger

Again, animals are given B12 supplements. That's how you get it.

No. It's produced by their gut bacteria and stored in various organs, especially their liver.

Because the liver is the trash can of the body and if it isn't coming from an animal that has eaten clean and not been pumped full of antibiotics and growth hormones then you're just getting a concentrated dose of shit.

>Reminder that there isn't a single nutrient in animals that you can't get from a better plant-based source.

alternatively there isn't a single nutrient in plants that cannot be gotten from eating organ meats.

Her name is literally "Tomorrow".

Cool, would that be a common name or a 'John Smoth' name?

Chicken liver is top tier. Pretty cheap as well.

Live pate is literally the best thing ever

grassfed, you ignorant nigger. they accumulate large amounts of vitamins from grass and bacteria etc free range cows don't need b12 injections.

>Not neutralising it's health benifits by adding bacon.
Do you even poverty tier anglo food?

Liver ackumulates toxins. Liver was healthy 100 years ago when the environment was cleaner

MOTHERFUCKER TELL ME THAT ISNT A TURTLE

I just really fucking hate the taste.

t. man who has never eaten venison liver

You're not eating a dog for its liver though so you can just ground that up and feed to other dogs

What's fit's opinion on eating hearts? I remember eating them growing up, they where delicious with gravy. Can't find them much anymore though...

it's fucking amazing. it's cheap as fuck where i live and i know how to cook so it tastes great.
>chicken liver pate
>beef liver casserole
good damn man, i need some now.
there's also this crazy feeling you get from eating it like it's slotting straight into your body somehow. i dunno senpai it's hard to explain but it's a fucking godsend.

It really depends on how you prepare it

let's say I get my hands on some grass-fed beef liver
what is the least disgusting dish you can make out of that?
note that my nose is extremely fucking sensitive, I can smell cucumber from a 50ft distance
liver pretty much rapes my nose usually

just go to a fucking butcher nigga, it costs 23p per 100 grams in the uk for lamb liver.

Pig liver's still a big thing in Asia. Surprised no one's brought up that kind of liver yet. Go to an authentic Chinese restaurant and you might find it, it's great.

Duck liver is also easy to find everywhere but it seems too fatty to be healthy.

Liberal amounts of rosemary and pepper, pan fry, add bbq sauce, cook for a couple more minutes. Quick, easy and tasty

It also makes you pee orange.

I love that shit

>high quality protein
>animal protein

choose one.

It does taste like shit.

>choose one.
Some strong memes ITT
>authoritynutrition.com/why-liver-is-a-superfood/
>press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
>breakingmuscle.com/fuel/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health
>authoritynutrition.com/7-evidence-based-health-reasons-to-eat-meat/
>authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
>authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
>chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy/
>caloriesproper.com/red-meat-wont-kill-you-it-will-make-you-stronger/
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-simplicity-of-dieting-it-really-is.html?m=1

>Filtration organs

I hate the texture of it. I try to eat it once a week anyway because its healthy and shit.

Wtf why? It's fucking delicious fahm

you might first want to look at why people began eating liver.
offal is literal trash, brainwashed into people's diets by the government during world war shortages of quality cuts.

>probably
Gigantic, massive, humongus faggot.

>people began eating living due to modern war scarcity

Kys

Checked and you don't actually neutralize its benefits with bacon. The liver already does that for you: it's so nutrient dense it has both "good" and "bad" fats in abundance. Adding bacon only makes a top-tier food a god-tier food.

are you completely off-the-charts retarded or is this bait?

Thai green curry with chicken liver (instead of chicken thighs) is godlike.

I like liver, when pan fried in a fuck load of butter garlic and sage with creamy mash.... Doesn't really fit my regular diet unsurprisingly.

lmao nice b8 mate. No one gonna belive you were vegan bro

YOU EAT 100GRAMS AND ALREADY GOT WELL OVER THE MAXIMUM INTAKE OF CHOLESTERAL? THINKING ITS HEALTHY? ARE YOU RETARDED?

ITT; retards spouting broscience b/c they are, surprisingly, retards. Liver is god tier, you're not eating dog liver, it's not the poor man's meat, and if it tastes gross, you don't know how to cook. Retards.

>wah it doesnt taste like cookies or cake so it must be bad for me

fat shit

having dissected a couple hearts I can't imagine what part of that organ would be palatable.

by which I mean you'd select the heart over any other tissue to eat.

i guess there is a steak-sized portion around the vents, but otherwise its a sinewy, fibrous, and connective tissue heavy organ. it has a consistency not unlike rubber.

i think that's why it's seldom used for cooking.

There is nothing wrong with dietary cholesterol, grandma.