What are your stubborn views on fitness you refuse to change, famalam?

What are your stubborn views on fitness you refuse to change, famalam?

>light exercising does not do jack shit for you, if you don't atleast feel like you're gonna puke/faint/not wanting to work out for atleast another week, might as well not do any exercise as well

So "falsehoods that people who don't exercise believe in" thread?

Exactly

Walking is not exercise

>not wanting to exercise for another week
how does this even happen

Walking 4 miles in an hour burns 350 calories

powerlifting is inherently flawed as a competitive activity because of difficulty in judging lifts.

in the realm of strength training, nothing is more important than grip strength.

That's a brisk walk but still, it won't increase your fitness past a very low threshold it will just burn calories.

It's still exercise.

>light exercising does not do jack shit for you, if you don't atleast feel like you're gonna puke/faint/not wanting to work out for atleast another week, might as well not do any exercise as well

wtf, are you me?

When a packet of noodles is 450 calories, walking becomes pointless.

I'm a firm believer in walking strictly for weight loss. I used to go for long 2 hour walks, which can burn like 600 calories. I know actual running is far more efficient, but if it's a nice day out and there's nothing better to do it's nice to go on a long walk.

>if you don't atleast feel like you're gonna puke/faint/not wanting to work out for atleast another week, might as well not do any exercise as well
Major retard detected, you will never lift heavy.

you should never attempt to recomp or otherwise if you're over 16% bodyfat. It's a fucking waste of time.

Get down to 10-12% and then build muscle on leanbulks followed by shorter cutting cycles. Diet hard for the first 6-12 months and then you never have to do it that severe again.

thread revival to ask why the fuck you guys are entirely focused on lifting here

I've read the sticky over 9000 times, am not new to Veeky Forums and I've just never been a lifter

>ran and swam growing up, little bit of lifting
>ran a little and walked a lot in the Army, OKish calisthenics, very little lifting
>now I barely run but I bicycle constantly, swim some, and a fuckton of calisthenics

A hamburger is also 450 calories (if done right)
3 servings of ice cream is 450 calories
A steak is 450 calories
etc.
etc.
etc.
Fuck off, you can eat a lot of good food for 450 calories and can improve your quality of life if you can eat 450 extra calories a day

DOMS

Gyms are fucking stupid, just buy a set of weights and go for runs. Also boxing is the only non mcdojo'd martial sport left.

>why the fuck you guys are entirely focused on lifting here
notice how it says
>Veeky Forums - Fitness
not
>Veeky Forums - Health and Fitness
What this really means is that this board is not focused on being healthy. They are focused on being aesthetic and as good looking as possible, no matter the costs. People here are willing to take drugs that may kill them if not taken in very precise doses. So this board is not about health. It is about fitness.
>newhomo OUT

this

yeah, I know they pulled the H word out

what I'm saying is Fitness never implied just aesthetics to me -- but I grasp that the a e s t h e t i c is to bulk up. If the argument that I've been missing all this time has been "fitness = only looks" then checkmate, me

Agreed, the only acceptable way to walk is with weight or at a very steep incline.

deadlifts are good

Fitness implies heath you frothing retard.