Questions that don't deserve their own thread

Questions that don't deserve their own thread

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=weightlifting shoes
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

When I barbell bench I feel like I'm pushing asymmetrically. Should I do some dumbbell benches to prevent this?

Feeling pain on my right shoulder while doing bench press. My form seems alright and it just comes up once i go over 240 lbs.

Wat do?

Hit a weight loss plateu. Does this mean I should start doing cardio? I've managed to lose 39 pounds without it. Will incorporating it into my routine help me break through this wall?

I find dumbbells ate better anyways desuuuu

will squatting improve my vertical? or is that mostly plyometrics? i'm reasonably tall and i want to dunk on my manlet friends

dumbbell bench is good for keeping symmetry, but what you should do is deload and get a spotter to watch when you bench

what is your bar path like?

cardio will make it easier to hit your caloric deficit target, and will make you feel better overall in life.

I skate, and I have achieved a higher ollie through doing speed squats, i was previously squatting regularly and I don't think it changed my ollie height at all. I don't know if my anecdote translates to a vertical jump.

that makes sense cus ur training the explosive part of the movement. i guess power cleans would help then. thank (You)

Just started my first cut - how much volume should I keep while cutting? Routine was ABxABxA while bulking, will I be fine to step it down to AxBxAxB or should I maintain my bulking regimen? I don't want to if I can avoid it because I've discovered lifting while cutting fucking sucks.
>Read the fucking sticky
It's fucking down cunt

Is cheese good for you? Cottage I know is a yes, but what about the other more common kinda stuff like American or Swiss?

What do y'all think of this stuff?

Lifting 6 days / week. Going to be sleep deprived tomorrow. Better to miss a day to give today's gains a chance, or just go lift anyways?

Lift anyway the weights will wake you up

How the fuck do I hit 30% protein? Almost no foods are 30% protein.

Is gud

it's retardedly expensive.

By calorie or mass? Chicken breast may only be 20 percent by mass, but by calorie it's about 70 percent

Thanks I'm retarded.

Are agonist antagonist workouts a good idea?

It's pretty great but does have added sugar

Are protein bars a meme

I'm pretty new to lifting & calorie tracking. I find it most convenient to cook only 1 meal per day, which is a large meal in the evening, comprises about 50% of my daily calories. Protein bars seem easy & convenient to make up each day's macro goals, but I'm not sure how healthy they are

Also is it better to go for the stevia sweetened or the sucralose ones

I got a real bad pain in my shoulder but only when I move it a certain way other than that its fine, I've stopped working out as to not worsen it and it went away over the weekend but I do a lot of physical work and now its back. I don't wanna keep skipping workouts, how can I recover efficiently I'm already getting at least 8 hours sleep and trying not to strain it at work.

2 weeks rest w/ ice and ibuprofen for the first couple of days, rotator cuff exercises afterwards

One year ago I had surgery on my chest, my pecs were cut and bones sawed. I have had a slow recovery and don't have any visible chest muscles.
What do you guys recommend I do to get my pecs bigger?

I don't benchpress for chest workout but I can take the bar with 5pounds on each side, 10 reps 2 sets.
I don't take any supplements and I am 63 kg 180cm/5'11''(?)

is it normal for your joints to make little noises when lifting

when i do curls my left elbow makes cracking noises every time i do a rep, my other one doesn't and none of my other joints seem to do it either

can anyone who has done candito's 6 week program explain

does he REALLY tell you do to
Monday: lower body
Tuesday: upper body
Wednesday: upper body
Thursday: lower body
Friday: upper body

isnt training bench two days in a row fucking stupid?

>ice and ibuprofen

this is seriously bad advice

ice and ibuprofen both hinder the processes your body uses to heal

The two days after I deadlift, I feel like I got hit by a car. What can I do to recover better? I'm at 325 x 5 and don't wear a belt.

Can't lift for 9 days, but I can go on walks, how fucked am I? Will all my gains melt away?

Why don't you look it up

You're either already do or are going to have deficiencies.

If you cook in the evening, just make a pot of rice/lentils/quinoa and steam broccoli on top of it. Then put a couple of yams in the oven, and you've got a well rounded meal with adequate protein for cheap. Protein bars are shit, they are adult candy bars. They are also expensive to make a habit out of.

Of course there's other ways to do this, but the bottom line is that protein bars are sub-optimal.

Protein bars are a meme in the sense that they'll get you yoked, but they are definitely useful if you aren't hitting your protein/calorie goal for the day. Nothing wrong with having one every now and then but I imagine it'd be better to limit how often you eat them.
As for what sweetener, I have no clue. Nothing so far has directly proven that either of those are bad for humans, now it seems like it's more about the effect it has on insulin levels. That being sad, I do prefer the taste of stevia

1if I start doing nukols 2xbeginner bench do I do that while doing ss and just bench twice a week always? Or how does this work or do I combine the squat one with the others. Also 2x a week or 3x
This me

Keep your regular volume

Anyone on blood thinners? I've been on a low dose of Apixaban for around 5 weeks now (small clot in my leg) and I've been told I can start "easing my way back in", but I don't think they anticipate a 5/3/1 routine - more like a bit of treadmill action, plus some curls.

Anyone have any experience with this? I might end up being on them long term if the issue is hereditary.

No

Are you just very weak as a result of the surgery, or permanently prevented from moving more weight?

how to archieve the ultimate protein fart?

me and my gymbros have a farting battle running and i really need to win it!

Do women care about a man's body?

I come from a third world country where all women are SAHM. I'll be getting an arranged marriage (not forced) in about 2 years. I've started working out recently and most men around me keep putting me down. I hear stuff like : Women don't care about looks, Women care about how well you can provide for them (I shit you not), etc.

Somebody please give me the redpill on this. I want my wife to be really happy physically. I got the money part covered but I want her to lust after me too. People around me say women don't do that at all and it is making me depressed. :(

yes they do
even the ones that say they dont, do

So why are the men in my country putting me down then. Every single day I have to listen to some guy whine.

Classic crab bucket, they don't want you to outperform/be more desirable than them.

desu you're all probably 3/10s

Not really. I see women checking me out all the time. But I don't care much for what other women think. I am more concerned about what my wife will. Also, I guess you are right. The vast majority of men here 3/10 while the women are 5/10 because of them being fairer and makeup. Lol

Im losing weight rapidly 2-3 kg a week.
went from weiging 125kg to 90kg starting to see loose skin.Whats a best way to mask it without surgery.

Its a inflammation of your shoulder muscle, i had the same after barbell benching a bit too much without spotter.

My main tipp is, work AROUND the pain, you can still work out but you have to not feel the pain while doing these exercises, also its pretty good to work out around the pain because you stimulize blood flow which will cure the inflammation.
1 week it took me to get back to normal mode, also take some homeopathics, no need for ibuprofen.

Get well soon senpai and lift on well.

after watching rippletoe vids my squat finally started feeling good. then today realized there is a difference between high bar & low bar. i guess i started doing low bar. should i just continue with that? is one of the two the norm or do people do both

in countries where women are more fiscally dependent on men, mens looks are less of a deciding factor for women in terms of attraction

that being said they are hardwired to find muscles attractive regardless

read SS instead of asking stupid questions

Better diet, more sleep, dont do dl all the time, switch between certain movements like:
- Romanian dl
- Sumo dl
- Elevated dl

So you wont always have the same strain for your muscle.

If you have the money buy BCAA memes.
I will be completely honest, after such a big weightloss you will need surgery, you can only get lost of excess skin of a certain amount, after loosing about 30 to 60kg in a short period of time you will face the surgery...
But go to a doctor and let him tell his oppinion because he actually should know what he is talking about.
Try one armed barbell bench, its hard to do but it will strengthen your core aswell and you get better in focusing on your pecs seperately.
Too much weight, you first have to strengthen your shoulders or have somebody look at your form, you might not see it but stick your shoulders out when it gets to this high of weight.

It's after the surgery, now I just need to build from scratch

i think about getting a bench like pic related

i already have a sit-up-bench, but i want a flat one for dumb bells and stuff...

i don't really want to spend 200 bucks on a bench, there are cheap ones for like 40 bucks, is a cheap one good enough?

pic related is 150€... looks good, but I'm not sure if a cheap one wouldn't do the same...

thoughts?

I got some cottage cheese but I don't really know in what foods to put it and need ideas.

Eat it straight.

check the max weight. Some of the cheap ones have incredibly low max weight ratings. Also I would buy one strong enough for incline bench.

this. get one that exceed the amount you are lifting + you.

also look up online used benches. look up the brand the individual is selling and see if you can work with that. but if there are holes or tape on the bench, don't buy it. if you can't find a good used one spend the extra dollar on one that can take your loads and that won't fall apart on you over the years...

this. you'll eat it quicker and after a couple days you'll get used to the flavor/texture. eating it quicker will help give you more time between that meal and the next. it is afterall just cottage cheese. not like you are eating a burger super fast.

ok, thanks

clearly I did if I am asking it here. candido logic : don't do ab work before squats but go ahead and do bench day before bench day

I finally bought a pullup bar yesterday, I was doing chest/triceps/shoulder bodyweight routines since I couldn't do one diamond pushup or more than 20 pushups. But my biceps are lacking and my back inexistants.
So I'm doing this programm :
Monday : pullups/chinups
Tuesday : triceps
Wednesday : pullups/chinups
Thursday : chest
Friday : pullups/chinups
Saturday : shoulders
My question is, can I do abs everyday? Or maybe only on pullups/other day? And would weighted sit-ups be better than L-sit progression/sit-ups/crunches?

Do 3x12 of lighter weight the first day, and 5x5 of heavier weight the second. Or the other way around, whatever.

the more money and resource you have the more advantage you have when it comes to females wanting to mate with you. like a teenager desperately wanting a car. he doesn't need a car to mate, but it opens up more opportunity to do so, and can make some things in his life easier. and this is where lifestyle choice comes in along with justifications.

the segment on other men you know putting you down: the reason they do that is because they don't do what you do to begin with. working out isn't a hobby for them; they were never taught in-depth detail about working out.

all they see is you do it to improve your own competitive state to make mating easier and to come off as more intimidating/capable. it's the most basic of misunderstandings from people who don't exercise. it's not that your working out is necessarily ALL about vanity, but it's a factor by default. even if you simply wanted to look better naked to begin with, after months and years it isn't just about that. and that's what they don't see. also maybe you come off as a braggadocio type, or you talk constantly about working out. but maybe not.

they're ignorant and there really is no argument. you can spit straight facts, objectively, with no emotion, and they will continue to be more emotional about the subject and more outspoken about it. i know this because we've all been in this situation with someone before.

Where do you OHP??

Do you not count the weight of the bar??

You need rows and squats. Look up Australian rows. Replace a chinups pull-up day with those two

fitizens anyone else on this board feel pretty much calm (like zen mode calm) in public, and end up coming off as mad, and then you hear two people talking shit about you within earshot?

From what you've said about third-world countries and arranged marriages, my childhood tells me most women there do care about that tall muscular guy look, but owing to the fact that they want a lot lot more to be a rich SAHM, they do in fact think rich >> hot.

So hotness is a deciding factor, but not as much as in first-world countries. That said, just exercise for yourself, you will feel good that you look good. Your friends are just jealous.

I also find that perceptions of hotness vary more in developed countries. Idek if it's because women there have more time to explore their specific preferences, but that's how fetishes and liking girlier guys seems to be a thing.

this. also might i add (as example) america's standard of challenges is different. because the lifestyle reward system is different. the ripped first world wealthy american looking man is one figure. the ripped 3rd world looking hard working man is a completely different figure.

I'd say to focus on hypertrophy for a few months. Use DBs if you're uncomfortable with the bar. Other than flat bench, cable flyes, incline bench, and hammer grip (?) machine are all solid.

Start with flat bench, though.

Ohp in the squat rack.
Do you lift the bar (+weights) ? If you do, count it

I can do 4 sets of 5 pullups/chinups until I can't do more than 4, then 3, etc, do I completely stop to do it ? Or do I include rows and do them more ?
Also is squatting with a weight filled backpack ok ? Biking is my hobby so I think I could begin with at least 30kg

What's the lowest BF% that you can maintain constantly?

In a rack. Unless it's busy and the weight is light enough to clean comfortably.

Yes, always count the bar.

That's a good point. There's lots of ripped farmers in third world countries but they are not considered all that eligible matrimonially.

That said, the user we are speaking about, can write fluent english and is on the internet, so he should be of a higher class within his country. If he gets ripped, he looks good and people of his class already know that any gainz he makes can't be from plowing the fields.

Do negative pullups and then switch to a few sets of rows.

You can squat with a back pack, but how much can you realistically put in one? And how do you get it on your back when you get above 30kg? Just use a barbell.

I perfer a closer than average grip on the bench press(inside the rings) Will i have less chest gains cuz of this?

Do i have to use hip smash like Torokhity when I clean and snatch or can I just jump the weight up and punch it overhead? I really dont like letting the bar touch my body because its hard and there's niggers at my gym that mightve used the bar before me.

not if you're doing sufficient accessory work

Need new gym shoes.

Heard chucks are good.

High ankle (pic related) or no?

save up for a pair of actual lifting shoes

in the long term it will save you MUCH embarassment

What are some actual lifting shoes?

>Tfw no idea, I just need to change from my running shoes because too much heel and too spongy for squats/diddly

The more you lift, the more comfortable you'll be at a lower bf%

lmgtfy.com/?q=weightlifting shoes

Just like I can google how to lose weight and American inventors, right?

GOMAD + POBAD (pound of beans a day)

Whenever I do a chest exercise, I notice my soreness tends to be in this region rather than the actual chest area. Now I have man boobs so my chest obviously isn't nearly as broad as this guy's, but I would imagine I should be feeling the soreness closer to the center of the pecks? Am I using the wrong muscles when pushing?

i see a lot of people saying stuff like "as long as you count your macros you'll get big" and "its doable natty but you gotta do the work and count macros"

as a skelly trying to gain, is counting macros that important? i figure as long as i get 1kg of protein per pound and eat TDEE+500 calories i'll gain. does the ratio of fat/carbs/protein really matter? why do they always say count your macros.

How do i attain the guy on the left from skinnyfat physique?

Not golem on the right.

gain for a year and then cut hard

I've hurt my back somewhat when doing lmao1.5pl squats (I pretty much have zero muscles and worked my way up there from the empty bar). Think my back wasn't straight enough for one rep and I completely fucked up the next one. Now it somewhat hurts when I have to, for example, sit up from a lying position without the help of my arms.

What did I fuck up and how long will it approximately take to heal? It's not some huge pain but it's definitely noticable when moving it.

So +500 surplus for a year then cut for 6 months maybe. Btw 5'11 137 pounds

If you are DYEL/new/reallyunfit this is normal and continue as usual.

If you have been working out for a few weeks now, it is a decent clue that your using your shoulders too much. Ask yourself this: does you back AT ALL lift off the seat/bench/whatever when you do your exercises? If you think you are doing this, focus and keeping your back planted firmly, and remember to extend your ROM to its limit. You'll end up using the chest the further into the push.

If neither of these things, consider taking longer rests, lower sets if your going on heavy days, lower weights if it can't be supplimented.

Lowering weights when not SS'ing is bad for mental fortitude and is a slippery slope to the "It hurts so I can just relax and use lighter weights" mentally.

Sounds like a disc issue, but go by general rule of thumb: if it persists longer than a week, see a doctor.

Thanks. Should I continue lifting though? I usually lift Monday, Wednesday, Friday with Saturday and Sunday being being two rest days after each other. I'll probably take two rest days now to see if it gets any better but I doubt it'll be gone after two days.

Anyone have experience with regrowing muscle? I have a hole in the muscle of my left thigh from a car wreck where the door broke inward and shatter my femur.
I was Sumo DLing Sunday and when I was on my final set it felt like it was going to cramp, but it wasn't really a cramp. I wonder if it's possible to actually fill the hole with muscle.

Greyskull or Strong Lifts?

When I work out I struggle to complete my lifts and I work out for over an hour. Yet I lack a "burn" . Does that mean I need to change something? I used to get a burn the first couple of days I worked out but now I don't. If I don't get a burn does it mean that I'm not making gains?

As a beginner is it worth doing 8-12 reps per set if the weight I'm doing them with is paltry? Or should I go go gadget starting strength to build the numbers even if I'd rather look better than lift heavier?

Also, stomach vacuums yay or nay?

Forgot to say, currently I ohp 40kg / bench 1pl8 and change / squat 1.8 pl8 / deadlift 2pl8 for reps.

how is that?