Fitizens who work a full time job:

Fitizens who work a full time job:
do you go the gym before (morning) or after work (in the afternoon)?
Why?

I'm trying to figure out the pros and cons for either. I like the idea of going in the morning, but seems like a huge hassle compared to just going as you come home from work...

I prefer training beforehand because I like having a free schedule after work + I'm much more efficient in my workout when I know I'm time limited + I arrive to work with a pump going on which feels good

One con is that if you don't like eating during mornings (I hate it) you're going to be training on an empty stomach - eating pasta or oats the night before solves this problem for me.

>Go to work at 1000.
>Get home for 1900.
>Eat dinner, got to sleep at 2000.
>Wake up at 2300.
>Prep for gym.
>Get to gym before midnight.
>Work out until 0200.
>Go home.
>Protein Shake, meds and shower.
>Go to sleep until 0800.

Why do you sleep twice? Not having a go just curious as I know a few people who have started doing it?

Better REM sleep, I'm used to waking up multiple times a day due to being on call for my job, going to the gym at midnight is the only way I can go without being nervous beyond function around other people exercising.

I used to work out at 6am, but my lifts were stalling and I wasn't functioning/getting a proper exercise due to my oddly specific anxiety.

Anywhere else, I have no issue, I'm an extreme extrovert, but I just lock up at the gym and freak out silently if there's more than two other people working out anywhere near me.

Hard mode (Night shift Owl for 3 yrs now)
> Work Night shift 10:30PM to 7AM
> Go to gym after work 8AM to 9:30AM-ish
> Drink protein shake
> Drop kids off at the pool
> Eat
> Wash dishes
> Sleep 11AM to 6-7PM
> 7PM to 8PM Wake up
> Eat Breakfast
> Get ready for work and next day.

I got a new job. Normal people hours Monday-Friday 9AM to 5PM. Not sure how I'm going to do it senpai, I think my gym is packed from 5PM to 10PM (24HR Fitness). Going to be a pain in the ass to get up at 6AM to go to the gym before work.

I work the same hours mate
>go to the gym in the morning or in the middle of the night on my day off when its empty
>don't have to stand in ques in the supermarket in the morning
>on a night out I'm rested and full of energy when the night starts while all my friends are already worn out.

I go at morning because I hate when gym is packed also is less hot in the morning. You can get help from trainer too. After job is so shit. Too many normies and loud. Good time is late night like 9 pm.

This is me, but some mornings i jyst don't have the energy so i sleep and go after work. You really don't have to sperg out about this OP, just lift when you can and make sure you go 4 times a week.

Fucking this.
Plus every holiday I go on, I always rotate to waking up at 3PM and going to sleep at 7-8am.

Morning.

I really hate getting up early but my gym has over sold memberships.

After 5pm there can be up to 150+ cramming in there queuing up for weights.

I work from home and go in the morning at 9am

I am a police officer so my shifts are pretty irregular. I do really skinned out Hepburn style workouts (8x2->8x3 + 3x6->3x8 if time) before shift and crank out some bodyweight stuff and cardio after.

A=Squat, OHP
B=Diddly
C=Squat
D=OHP

ABxCxDxx

I really would rather do it all in the morning. However, my current job and family demands work much easier when I go after I leave work.

> Get up at 0230
> Be at work by 0330
> Undetermined time off but average is 1500
> Rush to gym by 1530
> Crank out heavy weights before mom gets to gym at 1630
> Do light weights and finish with cardio for one hour with mom by 1745

My intentions are to find a different job. I would even be okay with 7-4/5 position. Another considered option is getting a really well planned home gym built and just have my mom swing by the house after she leaves work. Save some money on membership and no hassles.

Before work. M-F 0830-1730. Train 4times/week two of those days are weekend. So Tuesday and Wed I get up at 0500 (instead of 0700) - get to gym at 0600 train until 0730/0745 then shower and go to work.

Gym too busy after work.

In the evening. Have my own home gym though. Hate commercial gyms and commercial gym culture/people. I find I'm at my strongest in the evening so it works out well.

You should work that out first because that will determine what type of experience you'll have in the long run.

I work 6pm-6am. I hate going when it's full so I go after work. Less people, better sleep after. Would prefer going at like 10pm though.

Gyms too busy after work.
>wake up 0600
>get some caffeine in me, and dump ass if at all possible
>gym at 0630
>work out until 0800
>protein shake for breakfast
>shower
>in work by 0900

Pretty gud. I've never skipped a morning workout. Once or twice I've overslept and had to work hard and fast in the gym to catch up

Only problem is I work a desk job so I'm inactive for the rest of the day. I try to get up and walk about often, but it only helps so much.

During

I do it in the evening because I have too much to do in the morning and 6am opening time isn't early enough.

I work as an engineer at a facility that operates 24 hours, and have to work whatever shift my current project is on. I'm usually at the gym either late evening or early morning. If I had a regular schedule is probably go before work in the morning, id rather get home and relax

>Fitizens who work a full time job:
>do you go the gym before (morning) or after work (in the afternoon)?
Before, in the morning.
>Why?
I work on a sort of office campus with loads of different companies and the campus has its own gym. Since pretty much everyone works 9-17, after work is busy hour and it's impossible to get a squat rack. Before work there are usually only 5 people in the gym so I can take my time hogging equipment without being a dick.