Veeky Forums BTFO

>Be me
>255 lbs
>Go on Atkins diet
>Stick to it 100%
>Only consuming about 1k calories a day
>2 weeks later
>Not a single pound lost

What's wrong, Veeky Forums? You say eating healthy and less food would cause weight loss.
Calories in vs calories out, right?

Is Veeky Forums btfo for eternity and finally willing to admit that some people LITERALLY can't lose weight and that weight disorders are real?

Other urls found in this thread:

scientificamerican.com/article/6-years-after-the-biggest-loser-metabolism-is-slower-and-weight-is-back-up/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No you are just a retard, now fuck off.

Wrong is that you consumed 1k a day you retard.

Well obviously you didn't count calories. You probably didn't know that a 2L of mountain dew has a fucktonne of calories.

Awww has Veeky Forums finally broke now that their logic has been proven wrong?

I'm not going to jump on board with the other plebs in the forum and shout about how U MUST HAVE DONE IT WRONG HAHAAH because that's not at all constructive and it takes no balls.

The only things I would say is that I went from 220 to 160 and that took over a year. I fell off the wagon due to my work schedule and went up to 185 last month.

So I started Scooby's intermediate workout (which is how I lost so much weight in the first place), counted my calories, started eating from only clean sources - the works. We're half way through week three? Guess what I weigh right now?

I've also gone on crazy unsafe fasts where I've eaten virtually nothing, and you just don't lose weight that quickly. Moreover, most fasts and crash diets like Atkins do not let you lose weight safely.

Honestly, your body is probably in starvation mode and is trying really hard to store fat. Don't expect to see a noticeable change for at least three months.You shouldn't be trying to only get 1k of calories a day - it's not healthy.

>proven
Yeah, you provided a lot of proof there

>>Only consuming about 1k calories a day

You didn't consume 1k calories. You ate 3k calories and thought it was 1k

I've lost 2kg a month for the last 5 months and I never counted calories.
You "counted" and you didn't lose a single pound? Lmao, how does it feel to be such a failure? Did you have to wear a helmet 24/7 when you were a kid?

>2 weeks later
you're probably not even in ketosis yet

>Not a single pound lost
You somehow broke the laws of thermodynamics

>being so bad that you fail at counting calories
>being proud of that and trying to refute the fact that you lose weight by eating less

you should try a forum with obese people like you, convincing themsleves that they can't do anything about their weight

You seem to be forgetting that eating an unhealthy amount results in weight gain. This includes a drastic decrease. 1k is not supportable for the human body in a day, so you likely are going into starvation mode, at which point your body clings to any source of calories it gets rather than see it as a deficit.

Or maybe you counted wrong.

>Is Veeky Forums btfo for eternity and finally willing to admit that some people LITERALLY can't lose weight and that weight disorders are real?

Would you be happy if I said yes? Because happiness is the most important thing in life, even if you're a fat piece of shit

>oh wow the laws of thermodynamics somehow only apply to me when I gain weight

>stick to "Atkins" diet
>eat about 1k kcal a day, sometimes probably less
>EXERCISE EVERY FUCKING DAY YOU GODDAMN FUCKING MORON
>lost 70kg in slightly more than half a year
You're a fucking retard

When is Veeky Forums going to realise that all these people eating way below TDEE and still not losing weight aren't all lying, stupid or mistaken. It happens. Some people's metabolisms are just broken, especially if they had an eating disorder in the past. Trust me, I was force fed a hospital prescribed diet when I was in anorexia/bulimia recovery. They were in control of the kcals and I was under medical supervision. I got fat really quick despite doing ballet, gymnastics, trekking, working at stables on the weekends and I nearly killed myself over it.

>When is Veeky Forums going to realise that all these people eating way below TDEE and still not losing weight aren't all lying
>They were in control of the kcals
> I got fat really quick
???

it's extremely rare

>2 weeks

Congratulations. You have single handedly disproven the Law of Energy Conservation. Time to collect your Nobel prize Einstein.

Wrong. The body is always in "starvation mode", it never uses calories if it doesn't have to. It would be like saying your car uses less fuel when the tank runs empty.

It's impossible. Unless they have water pooling in their legs it's impossible to gain weight eating below TDEE. If they aren't using the energy then the cells are dead and will be necrotising any hour now.

You are a fatty and therefore retarded. Learn 2 add

>Honestly, your body is probably in starvation mode

Fuck off with that garbage you fat fuck. Educate yourself.

Starvation mode doesn't exist unless your body has used up all the fat it can burn. Fuck off with that bullshit

Read the fucking sticky it explicitly says not to do this retard

>all these people eating way below TDEE and still not losing weight aren't all lying, stupid or mistaken
Yes they are. I love the "trust me, I've been through this before" testimonial though.

How were you measuring your calorie intake? I went from eyeballing to measuring with cups and a dope scale and was amazed how much the portions shrank compared to what I thought an ounce/cup was.

>Go on Atkins

There's your problem, you didn't eat healthy.

Go read on what happened to the people who went through "the biggest loser". The crash dieting fucked up their resting metabolic rate, which became even slower than before the show. Dieting and exercise really does work, but not crash dieting (which mimicks eating disorders) and eating disorders.

They can still keep the weight off, but due to the damage done, they have to cut back even more on caloric intake.

scientificamerican.com/article/6-years-after-the-biggest-loser-metabolism-is-slower-and-weight-is-back-up/

This is discounting relatively rare medical conditions for weight gain like PCOS and thyroid problems

> I was force fed a hospital prescribed diet when I was in anorexia/bulimia recovery
>I got fat really quick despite doing all short of crazy anorexic stuff and I nearly killed myself over it

Yeah, sure you got fat really quick, do you think that maybe having a fucking psychiatric disorder that makes you think you are getting fat when you are not had something to do?

If you really counted correctly, i would assume that you just havent gone into ketosis yet, as others in here mentioned. Two weeks atkins is not enough for everyone to switch into ketosis. You might want to get yourself some test sticks to pee on from the pharmacy for a few dollars to make sure you are in ketosis.

You might also want to tell us what it was, that you were eating and drinking and how much of it. Since your body is able to store ketone inside the muscles and the liver and since 1 part of ketone is combined with 2 parts of water, its common to lose about 2-3 kilos in the first week, because of the ketone depletion inside your body.

>It happens.
No it doesn't.

you're actually full of shit op. its impossible to do what you claim you've done and not lose weight. literally fucking impossible unless you are only spending 1000 calories a day.

>anorexia/bulimia recovery
we cant trust the words of crazy people.
>it happens
it doesnt

ITT: OP forgets he lives strapped to a wheelchair

Has Veeky Forums ever really BTFO from one of these threads though?

Their metabolic rate slowed because they dropped in weight you dumbass

How tall are you? 3'2"?

>pic related
>happen

Same with happend to me was eating 600cal deficient for 3 weeks. Lost nothing then boom started losing weight like crazy the fourth week, first couple of weeks was like 4 pounds a week then stabilized 1.5 pounds a week for the next 4 months.

You vae to realize your body is going to do weird things if you have been fat for 20 years plus and all of a sudden start a dieet

Yes they were put in camps on a severe caloric deficit and not one of them managed to hold onto his fat reserves due to his genetics.

DELETE THIS!

Atkins is a bullshit fad. Go to 1500, do your fucking cardio and ditch all the snacks.

No cheating. I gurantee you cheated.

So you were trying to recover from being anorexic (so presumably underweight) and they gave you a diet which resulted in weight gain. Does that not imply that the diet was successful?

Veeky Forums BTFO? Fuck it, take it one step further. If you've disproved CICO you've also disproved the first law of thermodynamics. Physics BTFO'd.