QTDDTOT

Couldn't find one, so I made one.

I've heard chuck taylors are good lifting shoes and I need a new pair for the gym anyway (current pair are running shoes and are way too spongy for deads and squats).

Should i get a high ankled pair?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N85dgcdbLvw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Anyone know any barebones canned tune recipes? Stuff I find on google seems way too involved.

How many SCOOPZ Veeky Forums?

Can I do oly lifts without bumper plates, but with rubbered ones and on a regular deadlifting platform? Power clean seams to work, but bailing form snatch seems rather dangerous for equipment.

Veeky Forums please help me. I'm close to killing myself im so fucking worried

I didn't go to university and don't want to spend so much money for it. I have no skills other than lifting (if you can even count that). I have no clue what to do with my life, no money.

What the fuck do I do? Where do I work? I need a sustainable job but I have no clue.

2 guys at my gym pulled 4 pl8 DL yesterday.
Neither even looks like he lifts.
What are they doing wrong?
If I want asthetics should I quit ss and pick up bro split?

I've been using high top chucks for like 2 years now. Cheap, stable and they will last a longass time if you only wear them to the gym (otherwise they may fall apart). They're great unless you're a squatlet who can't hit depth without a heel.

MY QUESTION: is 30 lbs a good amount to bulk? I finished my first cut at 180 lbs as a 6'2" guy and was really happy with how I looked, planning on bulking to 210 now.

Dude Chucks are amazing. I'm exactly like this user . Been using them for 2-3 years, still good as new. Hi-tops are the best, they give you that sense of stability. Nothing on them has fallen apart and that's regular lifting at a pretty busted gym where I'm tripping over shit all the time.

That sounds fine, but as long as it's not too fast. How much do you plan to put on per month?

Considering buying my own bar to use, since my gym's is pretty shitty, and I'm really the only person who lifts there (MMA gym close to uni). I've previously used to Ohio Power and Deadlift bars, but the aggro knurling was a bit much.

Anyone have any experience with the standard Ohio Bar? And any other recommendations for good quality bars, preferably

become a pro bodybuilder

How much fat would i gain on a 12 month +500 calorie bulk and how long would i need to cut to get to 10%.

How important is sleep to making progress. I get about 5 to 6 a night most nights because I have two part time jobs.

if it were that easy. you can't get paid for that shit unless you're the best of the best, and then you need to be a social media whore, and i hate social media.

4 if bulkan'

How can I improve my squats? They're really lagging behind and I don't know if it's bad form or just a weak core/lower body. I've been lifting seriously for a few months now and here are my lifts(4-5 reps):
OHP 105 lbs
Bench 180
Squats 135
Deadlift 230
I used to do TONS of pushups as a kid and lift dumbbells at home. Is this why my lower body is lagging? Also used to play tennis

I take like 20 a day fucking srs because I like making protein cakes

That's all I've eaten for the last week I think I might be sick

Since I have no AC in my homegym, would lifting once a week in the summer be enough to make slow progress? I'm close to my goal body as it is, so I don't mind increasing my lifts at a slower rate.

I'm having trouble gaining weight. I'm 6'6 220 and I'm eating almost 3,000 calories a day, but I'm still losing weight. I'm not a hungry skelly but I was wondering if there's something I should be doing because I feel I'm missing something. I eat 5 meals a day

How can you guys stomach having sex with a woman knowing that she poops?

you're a pussy

sip whole milk throout the day

I'm 6' 205lbs and maintain at 3000-3200 a day, you need to eat more.

And pees. And farts. And has periods. And burps. And does every disgusting thing you also do. But the power of the pussy > all

When do you get over that and start being completely comfortable with someone? Like my parents have farting competitions and talks and shit and piss and periods and god knows what all the time. How many years do you have to be with someone?

I get a sharp pain in the middle of my forearm when I lift, I stopped for a week and even lowered the weight but it is still there.

I've applied both ice and deep heat but neither are working, what can I do?

Why is my bench press so weak compared to my other lifts? I train at the exact intensity as any other day, but it seems like all other gym members have much higher bench presses. My current stats are the following:
OHP: 145
Benchpress: 215
Squat: 405
Deadlift: 405

6foot 215 pounds

Current chest routine:
Bench Press 5/3/1 format
Bench Press 5x10
Incline DB Bench Press 3x10
Close Grip Bench Press 3x10
Chest flies 3x12

Is this too much volume? Should I add/replace anything or should I just keep the same intensity and volume?

How do you call the crunches >our boy does in the beginning ?I cant find anything similar im bb.com
youtube.com/watch?v=N85dgcdbLvw

>1000 crunches
>structured, logical training

Depends on you as a person. When you love someone or have been living with them for long enough it doesn't matter anymore. But for me I still find these issues gross, and I never farted/burped/did anything considered gross in front of any of my exes. Some people get comfortable fast and do them. I just could never get myself to do it. Like I said, it always depends on your character

I was talking more about the name of the exercise.

What should I expect of a High Set, Low Rep routine ?

squat 3 days a week, increase weight by 5lb each time

SS to build a base, then once you've gained a respectable amount of strength pick up a split. Tbh pulling 4 pl8 isn't so hard, I can pull 5 and I wouldn't say I look particularly hench

There are so many factors that will affect the answer to that, clean or dirty bulk, macro composition, routine, etc. We need loads more detail and even then its hard to say

Sleep is just as important as a good diet and routine. Without enough sleep your results will be minimal in comparison to what they could be. Try to get between 7-9

Maybe add in some decline work? That helped me. I would also suggest more DB work, maybe alternate between BB and DB every chest session?

> is 30 lbs a good amount to bulk? I finished my first cut at 180 lbs as a 6'2" guy

I'm in the exact same boat as this user, maybe a month or two behind him on the cut but I've got the same question since I'm looking a little too fuckin' lanky in the extremities now.

>be shirtless
>go to do planks/pushups
>look at body
>see fat hanging gut

when will it turn into abs?

How to be healthy in an office of unhealthy people without seeming antisocial/a weirdo?

I work in London as a web developer where the drinking and pizza culture is strong. Every day they go to drink or eat shit and I have no problem refusing but I don't want to look like an outsider.

Any tips welcome, please this is really bothering me.

When you lose weight and have a lower bf%

Try to plan for a slice or two of pizza as part of your diet, nobody will notice you don't eat as much so long as you don't flat out refuse every time. If you absolutely have to drink alcohol I suggest something light that won't have such a negative impact - for example gin and slimline tonic.

my hamstrings are the weakest parts of my legs but I can't do hamstring curls because they feel really fucking weird on my tendons, like my legs are gonna snap, and hurt me due to the pressure. What can I do instead? I already squat and deadlift.

>tfw former fatass
>no visible loose skin when sitting/standing
>whenever I do pushups, all that skin hangs out
I have to live with the mark of the lardass for eternity.

It's been bothering me for a while:

So carbs give you energy, excess of carbs is stored as fat.
Fat from food has other functions in the body, however it's high in calories.. But why do we count fat calories at all (or protein for that matter)?
Wouldn't it make more sense only count carbs when losing weight?

And if your TDEE is let's say is 3000 kcal, and you consumed 4000 kcal instead BUT almost exclusively from protein and fat, would you still lose weight?

are these abs achievable natty?

you're worrying too much about the science of macronutrients while having no idea about basic nutrition.

On a basic level, all calories are energy, and all excess energy will produce body fat. Protein is needed to build muscle. Fats and Carbs are used to fuel your body in different ways, on a regular diet it's best to eat a regular balance of both. The only time you should really worry about Fats/Carbs is if you're an advanced bodybuilder or on a ketosis ("no" carb) diet.

I have no idea if you're still here user, but you are not alone.

I went to University, got the highest Hons possible and joint top grade in the region, yet a couple of years later at the age of 25 im working in shitty retail management because I still haven't decided what I'm going to do with myself. But I got my education wrapped up, management experience and easy money, and once I have figured out my life game, I can use both to propell myself into whatever field I fancy.

You said you didn't go to Uni, fucking do it. You will have the greatest time of your life, even if you're not into partying or slaying women (fyi it's still fucking easy even if you're dyel) the free time and discipline you gain from it will last a lifetime. Just don't pick a worthless subject and don't have "too much" fun and fuck your grades up.

Who knows at the end of 3/4 you might have an idea, but don't settle for a piece of shit bottom of the ladder job for eternity because that's what I did for a year, and I was depressed as fuck.

And to keep this fitness related uni/college is a swell time to lift.

Thanks dude.

Also I'm an autist so I've literally never ordered in a pub/bar before. How the fuck do you order without sounding retarded?

Quick question.

I was 40 pounds overweight in January. Slowly getting to my ideal weight. My plan is to start bulking once I get to less than 15%bf (may still require 3 months of diet and exercise).

The thing is, I'm lifting since January as well. I'm giving it all at the gym, but of course my progress is not ideal since I'm also losing a pound per week, so I don't have big muscles.

Is it recommended to start lifting before you begin bulking phase and when you are in your losing weight phase? Did I fuck it up.

Well you're in London like me, so I know you'll be fine saying something like 'alright mate, I'll have a Gin and Tonic please' and a 'Cheers' or 'ta' once you've paid and got your change is normal enough. Don't overthink it, the bar staff won't notice if you mispronounce anything, half the idiots do that already, it's nothing new to them. You'll be fine

It's a long process bro, just keep chasing your goal; sounds like you're doing fine. You shouldn't expect to put on a lot of muscle when you're cutting after the first couple months.

Only thing I'd recommend is when you're done cutting sit at maintenance for a couple of weeks to make sure you know how many calories you should be getting and to give your body a chance to chill.

That's a cartoon user, it's not real

Thanks, man!

I'm really into fitness now. Lifting is literally the highlight of my day. I only regret not having started earlier... I'm in my late 20's now :(

Still, I will make it. I'm sure I will.

How do I get harder boners, Veeky Forums? Mine are kinda weak.

>Girl from my class wanted to watch tv at her place this week
>asked her yesterday if she's free that day
>'not today, tomorrow'
>be today, ask her if it's happening
>she just wrote she still has to learn for the upcoming exams

The excuse for the today might actually be legit, but two days in a row... Even I can see that there's something wrong.

What do, Veeky Forums?

1if I start doing nukols 2xbeginner bench do I do that while doing ss and just bench twice a week always? Or how does this work or do I combine the squat one with the others. Also 2x a week or 3x
This me
(You)

Leave it. Don't pester her, wait for her to bring it up again - otherwise you risk seeming too desperate and she's likely to lose any interest. Just continue acting normally because she clearly likes you enough to suggest it in the first place.

Thank you buddy, this is some good advice.
I also shouldn't mention it when I see her the next time, right?

Thanks man. I just hope I don't choke on it because I've never had alcohol other than a glass of wine. I really can't take alcohol well, I'll look like a retard drinking it

Thanks dude. I'll keep your advice in mind. Reminds me of my dad who always says "a doctor can become a McDonald's worker but a McDonald's worker can't become a doctor".

Good luck with your job too!

Stronglifts 5x5 man. It'll have you squatting 3 times a week with a decent volume, and good progression as well

Dropped 100 lbs, have been blessed very little or no loose skin

However this line on my bottom gut has never been there before. Sometimes it's not there, other times it's very visible. Pic related is about somewhere in between & this was right after a workout (so I know it's not from sitting down or posture)

Any guesses? I assume it will go away the more I cut

Can compression garments help reduce the appearance of loose skin after a cut?

How do I do Kegel exercizes for my pelvic floor? Just retracting your anus like you're trying not to shit your pants? Is that it?

No worries mate, if it's that bad you can lie and say you have to drive somewhere later (if you have a car, or haven't told them you don't have one) - for example 'I would, but I drove to the station and have to drive home from there, so I'll just have a soft drink.'

I've been doing hamstring stretches every day for a month with ZERO results.

I can't lower the bar below the knees while keeping my legs straight, it's completely fucking up my DL.

wat do?

For a conventional deadlift you bend your knees, I don't see the problem?

If you mean Romanian, either prop up the bar on suitable steps to increase the height so you can reach the bar or you could instead do rack pulls

Can I drink water during an intermittent fast?

Yes

Where is 531 forever pdf guys?

How long are you holding the stretch? How hard are you stretching them?

I used to do olympic diving, and we hit hamstring stretches like 6 different ways before we were even finished warming up

I just realized, after about a month of lifting, that I cannot for the love of God keep my back straight. It always rounds up which is causing all kinds of issues for me. Life as a fat ass nerd with no friends fucked my back. The fatassery is gone but I can't control my back at all.

Are there any exercises or general tips as to how to achieve a neutral back? It's fucking up all my lifts and I really fucking hate it.

Of course. You should drink loads of water. You're also allowed to consume coffee, tea and BCAA's.

IF is not ramadan

Doing SS and am struggling with my overhead presses. I'm struggling to lift anything more than the bar, while I've already moved past 1pl8 for squats and dealifts. Benchpress is still at 1pl8.

Any ideas why my overhead is lacking?

Decided to lose some weight. Started doing running sessions. Normally did at least 8,4 km in 55 minutes 3-4 times every week. Now increased it to 13,36 km in 1,5 hour.
Am I going to make it? pic unrelated

It is just a very slow lift to progress, because of the big 4 lifts, it uses the least overall muscle mass, and thus for every % those muscles grow, its less of an absolute difference to the force they can output.

Make sure you are eating enough and your form is right (tight as fuck core and glutes during the lift), also consider using a false/thumbless grip, its not as dangerous as you'd think, give it a try with just the bar, and it helps more effectively drive force through the bar.

I am stuck with 115lb at bench press. How to improve it? Deload and high rep?

It's good that you're making such progress, but if you really want to lose weight, diet should be the first thing on your mind. Count your calories and eat at a deficit, you'll see far faster weight loss than by just adding exercise (which will most likely attribute to very little if any substantial weight loss).

About a month into Strong lifts 5x5, progression is going well. Joined a boxing gym so I have something to do on rest days. But I'm starting to do cardio for boxing. I'm really invested in it and I run from my work to boxing 3km, train for an hour and a half maybe more then run back to work where my car is parked. I decided to put 2 rest days between my lifting days to make sure my body has enough time to rest. but am I doing too much cardio? Keep in mind I got this idea reading people commenting on "too" much cardio. can someone confirm if this is a meme or I might actually be doing too much?

Check your form is good.
Watch Dave Tate's video on bench form, also jennifer Thompson has a great video on bench form too.

Other than that, bench more often, I find doing it once or twice a week is not enough for me to make progress. Do some higher rep work too.
if your bench is failing at the bottom portion of the lift, start doing wider grip bench as assistance, if the top of the rep is failing, do a closer grip bench for assistance.

>diet should be the first thing on your mind
Not sure if it counts but I already stopped drinking sugary drinks and beer and replaced them for water or black tea witch a slice of lemon (no sugar). Changed white bread to a dark one, and smear it with processed cheese instead of butter. For dinner I normally eat chicken breast with mashed potatoes and salad.

Thank you. I do 3x full body workout with bench, squat, chin-up, bicep curl and lateral raise.

Does that 28 Day fast thing actually work?

bump

Is this false?

Almost an absolute meme. Don't bother with weird training like this unless u have hit 1/2/3/4 and wanna go for an extremely aesthetic look

I ask because I've started a PPL routine with plenty of accessories, and I'm unsure whether I stick to my 10-12RM.

I feel like I'm not getting enough out of my workouts when, by the third set, I can only hit 4-5 reps. What do you do?

whether I should* stick to my 10-12RM throughout.

Lanklet here
Started ss today
I uh, may have fucked my form up or had too much weight (just had 20 kg on squats and deadlift) and may have snapped something

I was gonna get a pt to just look at my form and shit on next monday but I was itching to get started so I did my first lifting today

Am I going to not make it?
Can I just go to literally baby weight and work it up from there or should I just quit completely now that I kind of fucked my back up probably

How old is weird to go to university? I was a dumb shit who didn't want to go, and wasted 3 years. Now I see all these young 17 year olds going and I'm 21. I feel like I fucked up.

The only thing I would care about learning is languages, but that would probably lead to no job.

I don't know

WHY THE FUCK DOES SOME HOT DOGS HAVE SO MUCH SALT?!

Work at a gym you fag
Even you can work a register and clean the dumbells

Add flavor to the lips and anus that make up hotdogs...

What are some good Upper/Lower programs?
Did trappy chan post some templates?

But for the rest of my life? Working at a gym?

persistance is the key, you will make it, just keep going to the gym and you'll see progress.
we are all gonna make it.

moron that's not how things work.
you do things you need so you can do things you like.
slowly but surely you will become goon enough at the thing you like to make you money.

Union skilled trades.

Fuck quoted wrong guy meant for