Vegan General

Thread for all vegans and people interested in the vegan lifestyle.

Vegetarians allowed as long as they don't push their diet.

Meat eaters NOT allowed.

Other urls found in this thread:

scoobysworkshop.com/protein-calculator/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Unless you're here to talk about fitness, take it to

Why dont you make a discord?

>not allowed to talk about food on a fitness board

I didn't see your comment in the bread, muesli and oeatmeal thread.

can i be a vegan but just like eat veal once in a while if nobody sees me? It doesn't count if nobody sees right?

mix soy protein with sesame protein retards
source: scoobysworkshop.com/protein-calculator/

Vegans who aren't prolife are hypocrites

>implying a fetus is anything but as dumb as a vegetable

not nescessarily, every kid that's aborted lowers the potential number of consumers of meat, meaning much less dead animals than one life

one abortion could save thousands of lives, and that's before you factor in the aborted kids hypothetical descendants

Prolifers who are pro-gun are hypocrites.

Yes, you can talk about nutrition without blathering to everyone about how you are a vegan. Isn't that amazing?

How do i bulk without overdoing it on the carbs?

My meals were mainly a legume and vegetables. Grains seemed nutritionally weak to me.

How do you rank animal lives compared to human lives?
Are vegans autists?

>be me
>meat eater
>see a the literally ONLY vegan thread on this entire board
>"oh no, people who eat different stuff than me?!?!"

If you don't like vegans, fuck off from the ONLY vegan thread this board has to offer.

Any resources, like well put together images, that show foods to eat for a good macro and micro balance?

This.

Kind of a struggle for me to get everything in without missing something.

>Meat eaters NOT allowed

"Allowed as long as you don't push your diets" wasn't working, but I'm sure THIS will keep the discussion clear and focused!

not to mention the number of animals that are ripped to pieces when their faggot food is harvested. the excuse of doing it for "health" makes more sense then doing it to avoid the death of animals

cheers

stop veganposting aka shitposting

value is subjective tho

Thank you, something constructive

no

Psst. It's the only vegan thread because you're literally the only one on this board dumb enough to think it belongs here.

It's the same fucking cartoons every day. You're a one-note guy.

Hey, anybody have a good brand of B vitamins to take?

what about vitamin B12

twenty eighth for fuck off vegans

>this meme again

You literally get it from toothpaste.

Vegans confirmed for eating toothpaste to supplement their glaring nutritional deficiencies.

Just look at this example of non vegan diet. Non vegans are literally the only reason for the obesity epidemic.

What's the vegan equivalent to chicken breast in terms of protein?

You supplement a lot of shit through fortified food without even noticing it.

kill yourself

Most of the food harvested is given to the animals YOU eat. You have to give an animal 4 calories to get 1 calorie back. So you kill 4 times as many animals when you first feed the grain to the animal, instead of just eating the grain yourself.

Post body

But for real though how do vegans and vegetarians cope with the fact that plants are alive, and display a clear drive to stay alive? I would like to give up meat but it seems I would still be responsible for a cycle of death.

They have no form of consciousness

check the img, there is none

fuck off veggie niggers. you can't get all your protein from beans.

So? They're still living.

>accidentally killing a few mice
>intentionally killing billions of animals that live their lives in agony
Yeah okay retard

Seitan

can we get a discord?

Neither do cows.

I like meat, it's not like a dog would have a problem eating my corpse anyway
>b-but we're not animals
Please

Living, but not really alive in the way we're alive. Think of a human in a coma. They have no consciousness, although their body still grows and reacts. They'll continue to grow a beard while in the coma, if you cut them the wound will heal, etc, but they're not conscious. If we expect that they'll never wake up, we'll pull the plug as there's no point to keeping them alive in that state. Now imagine a human that was born in a coma and has a 0% chance of ever not being in a coma. That's a plant. It's essentially "braindead" by the fact that it has no brain.

Obviously cows have consciousness.

back to your containment board pls

So then it would be okay to eat such a person in theory?

>animals that are ripped to pieces when their faggot food is harvested
user you don't understand. vegans only really care about "muh cute fuzzy animals :3". they pretend to care about other animals too so they can say they're better than vegetarians

Hey so although I'm not strictly vegan, I am allergic to lactose and eggs, and am looking for alternative with adequate protein and calcium

>start vegan thread
>post image mocking meat eaters
>surprised when they show up

really activated my cruelty free almonds there

Generally 1 cup of beans has about 20g of protein

Also you can build muscle on 1g/kg of bodyweight protein; eating any more goes to waste and it just comes out as piss. I weigh 100kg and if I ate a cup of beans I'd already have 1/5th of my requirement for the day.

Btfo you broscience shill

Sardines. They're rich in protein and calcium both.

Wow just look at all that estrogen and lectin.

>Meat eaters NOT allowed.
Thankfully, vegans aren't frightening and I can do what I want while you wet the bed.

It might be fucked up to the parents, but assuming they're fine with it, sure it would be ethically permissible. In that case it would basically be like lab grown meat.

Where?
>inb4 soy raises estrogen

I just take a b12 pill. Who gives a fuck. If I can take a tiny pill and a bunch of animals don't have to die to get that bullshit nutrient, then why not just take it?

>you just piss out the excess protein
>but he's the broscience shill
What did he mean by this ??

just buy alternatives.

Fuck you and your graphics trying me to convince me with cheap tactics such as meat poop and milk pus get the fuck out of here.

>Its ok to eat a braindead person but not a different species which a great number of animals do

>having to eat 5 cups of beans every day just to meat the average persons protein requirements

Enjoy shitting every 30 minutes

I think you may have misunderstood the conversation we just had

you need to make seitan, we're talking about something that we throw a pan and its ok

Did you ever think that you might get fewer negative responses if you didn't start every single vegan thread with a bait image

yano a lot more people would turn vegan if you didn't have so many rules

>All that grain could be used more efficiently if it were fed directly to people

Obviously, there's already a food surplus in most developed countries, and that food already doesn't go towards starving people.
I don't know what you hope to achieve by exacerbating that, other than killing any industry reliant on animal rearing/products.

It's probably false flagging.

Only produced by bacteria and animals absorb it through the gut. Humans don't produce enough, so you actually have to supplement this.

>no apples in the iron section
Why? Those things are getting literraly rusty when the skin is peeled.

So 60g of protein is fine then?

>peta

Information disregarded

>comparing lentils and porterhouse steak

just because we have no religions doesnt mean you have to form a cult based on moral values. thats a dump move

the only reason i see for vegans/vegetarian is that it is a lot less stress on the ecosystem other than that... there is none

if you think animals are some kind of thing that needs to be preserved id like to remind you that animals and even you and me are merly a complex chemical/biological reaction.

>the idea that there is something holy about animals is cancerous
just stop it

>relativism the post

>52g protein/day

Vegans not gonna make it confirmed

you don't need to "make" seitan, you buy it already done and desu, you can literally use it raw, it's already cooked and most of the time flavored and smoked.

>eating that much protons that turn into glucose, defeating the whole purpose of low carb diet

>vegans

only eat meat when I killed it myself master race

>lentils: 18g protein/cup
Gee whiz, I can't wait to eat 5 pints of fucking lentils every day

I like some animals, but not others, so I'll eat some animals but not others.

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

>Only a Sith deals in absolutes.
Such a stupid statement. I bet George thought it was clever.

It was meant to be metallic

Ausfag here, it's a lot more than a few, especially when you consider pest control. Farmers also regularly cull kangaroos to protect their crops, same with native birds. Killing animals to get your food is a lot more complex than vegans make it out to be.

>Meat eaters NOT allowed.

Fuck you, I'll post where I want.

Are eggs unethical?

>measuring consumption of a food product in number of cells

The only reason that vegan "mental gymnastics" is simple is because vegans are stupid. Buying industrially farmed anything hurts animals. Whether or not you eat meat and dairy is completely irrelevant.

I eat foods that I enjoy.

Every diet type has issues with it with some sort of drawback.

I would rather have heart/colon (if im even going to get them) then the definite hormonal problems that come with being began.

inb4: links to biased study

No more unethical than tomatoes.

Honestly this thread just made me hungry. I'm gonna cook a half pound of beef and make hamburgers

>amino acids turn into glucose

user...

Two completely different things, dumbass

Ones you buy at the store definitely are. If you have pet chickens or something and don't kill ones that are male then it could maybe be argued to be okay though.

>internettoughguy.jpg

I've been vegetarian for a few weeks. I eat vegan 6 days a week and on the Friday when I drink I incorporate a little dairy. That's bad sure but I feel less unhealthy than my lifetime of eggs and meat every day.

What weirds me out is that there are vegetarians that eat eggs and dairy daily with wreckless abandon. Shouldn't they care that they're potentially more unhealthy and unethical than their meat eating counterparts?