What makes fast food bad and why?

What makes fast food bad and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HD5GyR2Q8J0
youtu.be/FtQmT8P9fNY?t=12m48s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

High sodium

Suspicious quality of food/preparation

In terms of nutrients, it's not actually that bad. It's just that it's too easy to overeat, and when you're not bulking, you're gonna go fat. Sodas are bad no matter what though, since it's just liquid sugar.

high amounts of sodium, no clue on whats actually in the food.

if you don't feel bad after eating then keep going tqh.

so fast food and sodas aren't bad, but the problem is people eat like pigs, right?

>No clue who or what makes the food

>Could really be anything

>Incredibly high or unknown amount of calories

>Usually low amount of neccecary vitamins

But other than this it's aight I guess..

it makes me want to eat more of it

Sugar, fat and sodium. I thought they thought kids this shit in school?

The problem is both.

Preservatives, color smell and flavour enhancers, and like others said, you dodgy standards of preparation.

As for calories and sodium, well, that's not a problem if you can control yourself.

Nothing.

Good macros, terrible micros.
Usually comes with soda which is always bad.
Not very filling.
No fiber whatsoever.
Makes other food feel boring.

mostly the oil it's cooked in, oil helps them cook basically everything faster.

Yes, the problem is self control with those types of foods.

Having some fast foods ones in a while won't kill you.

holy fucking shit is Veeky Forums really this crackbrained?

>the meat on the burgers comes from animals that have been fed glyphosate ridden gmo crops

>those animals get injected with antibiotics and hormones

>all the veggies and bread are glyphosate ridden GMO crops as well

>added preservatives

look, when the 1st mcdonalds opened back then there was probably nothing wrong with the food but nowadays youre looking at FRANKENFOOD

forgot to add educational vid

youtube.com/watch?v=HD5GyR2Q8J0

The buns/toppings/fries/seed oils

You can order individual 100% beef patties at most places. Just tell them not to use any oil/seasoning mix.

>all these buzzwords
Genetically modified food is a good thing, you know. Explain to me, specifically, why two burgers with identical micro and macronutrient profiles are different because one's from McDonalds.

>what is glyphosate

literally, grow a brain.

>he eats at McDonald's instead of buying sirloin steaks at Costco

Enjoy your pink slime lol

its bad because its all corn. But not just because its corn, but because it is geneticly modified corn. Mexicans diet is 40% corn on average where as your average run of the joe cuck's diet is 80% corn or higher.

Isnt that shit fucked up?

At least I am not a low test beta faggot and consume all organic. I know where my food comes from. The only non organic thing I consume is my daily /sipp/. Today being the exception as I had 2 sipps.

It's the HFCS in the bun and sauces, it's the 5 different oils and salts used in the cooking, the fake cheese. All designed to make things mimic something delicious but that is ultimately much less satisfying in the long term so that you think you ALWAYS need more *of that*. Far from satiation, it's aim is to be a well crafted commercial assault on your palate and body to make you more impulsive (similar macro nutrition means nothing for this topic) and that is sure to bleed into other areas of your life.

Look, I'm with you on the glyphosate poisoning. It's subtle, but the effects worsen over time and all that jazz. Pesticides are bad.
But tell me what grudge you have against selective breeding through genetic modification.

You didn't need the word "he" in your greentext friendo. Green acts as quote.

100 years from now when there is no world hunger and the mars colony has begun its initial stages people like you are going to be laughed at.

@12:48

youtu.be/FtQmT8P9fNY?t=12m48s

see
in 100 years youll still be a slave being fed soylent green while the 1% laugh at your idiot ass

Interesting. It certainly brings the law of conservation of mass/energy/bullshit into view. If the yield is too high, it almost goes without saying that the soil's nutritional output will be depleted much quicker and will take more time and care than usual to be restored.
Do you have the numbers on the nutritional output on GMO crops over time? Obviously, the first couple generations will be incredibly similar to normal yield crops, so a longer-term study would have to take place to see the full consequence. Or is all that fine detail already in the video and I have ADHD?

>complaining about gmo
opinion discarded

this is what happens when you are retard that think food is only about macros