Lost 14 lbs in 2 weeks

People on the internet tell me this is unhealthy, I think that's bullshit.

I find it very hard to do something if i'm not extreme about it. So this is working fine.

So what if my metabolism slows I will just eat less??

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12470446
youtube.com/watch?v=bY9_Qviei7g
youtu.be/bqAs74gQa2c?t=59s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it's water, muscle and very little fat
keep going though, prove the millions who failed wrong

that is very encouraging. will the fat start to burn now?

First thing to go on a diet is the tons of poop stored in the intestines and water from the shit tons of salt and carbs you've been stuffing down your gullet.

Usually on a diet you reduce food, sodium and carbs. This leads to a giant dropping of weight very early as the body dumps all the excess water and feces. It should slow down to a healthy 2-3lbs a week and further to 1lb a week.

someone fasted for 40 days on youtube and lost 1.25 lbs per day. i think i will lose faster than that. i hope anyway. we'll see.

correction: "that" being your prediction

Yes fasting you can get up fairly high. I think it's like ~3,500 calories per pound of fat? So if you are obese I would guess 0.5lb to 1lb a day. I'm just estimating if you're eating 500 calories below maintenance.

Ok, so some math:

A pound of fat is 3500 calories. Assuming you burn just around 2000 calories a day just doing your regular stuff means that in a day you have a 2000 calorie deficit, or 5/7 of a pound. Multiply 5/7 by 14, it's 8.

Unless you're obese it's physically impossible to lose that much fat that fast. And I don't buy the water fast thing for a minute, not in 28 days.

also water fasting is a fucking meme and extremely dangerous, don't fall for it.

i'm eating on average just 500 kcals per day

Water fasting is not dangerous. It's natural.

show me one scientific study that says fasting for more than a few days is healthy and not-at-all dangerous and I will video tape myself sucking my dick while jacking off a homeless faggot.

literally no one on this board talked about water fasting until that faggot let's player uploaded that video.

It's a meme. It's dangerous. And that guy is not being entirely truthful about his loss.

I lost about 5 pounds or so in a day.

But that's pretty much because I took a massive shit at the end of the day after holding it in for hours.

You're gonna be a bag of fat when you're done.

science can't get people to do dangerous things anymore...we're not living in nazi germany you dumb cunt

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12470446

Lowers blood pressure. Cures diabetes. Cures all metabolic syndromes.

>b..but if I don't get muh sugas....

The body is designed to go without food for a VERY long time, (months) without failure. that's what the fat stores are for.

its possible if you are very fat or obese.

Much more difficult if you are below 20% BF.

If you're not doing Lyle McDonald's PSMF, you're doing it wrong

>medically supervised

do you think any of the faggots here are medically supervised

said literally nothing about building muscle or burning fat, merely lowering blood pressure...

so the millions of people that ate high protein diets balanced with vegetables and fruit who got ripped by working out are all actually going to die of high blood pressure and diabetes?

faggot

Do I have to show you the thousadands of studies that show eating food is dangerous? How many people die from choking every week? Probably a higher chance of choking to death than dying from fasting.

We aren't talking about the optimum fat loss. Just if fasting is dangerous.

I lost 20 lbs in two weeks doing costruction while eating nothing but fish and nuts for the mos part while avoiding gluten, eggs, and milk.

great retort.

and as pointed out that study doesn't say jack shit about fat loss or muscle building, nor anything about fatigue during regular working periods or under stress, IE the average joe.

On top of this, the study cites a maximum water-only fasting period of 14 days, not 28 like in that faggot's video, followed and preceded by 6 days of prep and recovery. This does not support the weight-loss argument trying to be propped up.

>Do I have to show you the thousadands of studies that show eating food is dangerous?
DUDE AD HOMINEM LOL

we lie all the time about our diets, not just here, especially in the real world, especially the pros...personally I started to tell lies because after I made it I'm fed up by all the years of bullshit advices mixed with a few good ones I got, I lie because I think no one needs to be helped since most people are shit, I don't want you to make it

OH, AND TO ADD ON TO and Stole this from leddit:
>His thumbnail for the video is a bit manipulative since it is comparing pre-diet to post-fast. Also the weight comparison is likely not a good indicator: the low weight doesn't take the refeed cycle into account which means the water weight hasn't come back. This is especially true if his diet wasn't ketogenic outside of the fast, since the hepatic glycogen wouldn't be depleted.

>I absolutely think the results are real, but don't look at it like "I could lose 50lbs in 28 days!", especially at only 100kg

Hey faggots explain the evolutionary advantage of why the body would turn to muscle which allows it to move vs fat which it stored for energy for future use when there's no food supply.

Faggots and your bro science cant even basic anatomy.

Exactly. The body has the perfect energy source, (fat), available. Why in the ever-loving fuck would it prefer muscle, which is harder to metabolize and actively hurts daily functions.

i think you are correct i read somewhere that first fat is targetted until it near runs out, then muscle and finally organs

Your eating disorder does not make a diet fuckhead

Some muscle is used during fasting. But not nearly as much as people claim. It's practically unnoticed. And yes organs are never touched unless every other option is gone.

It's not an eating disorder. This person has control of their actions and chooses to proceed against their innate instincts. People with disorders also have disordered instincts.

i love you

Keto diet men

>THE BODY DOESN'T EAT MUSCLE BEFORE FAT
literally no one is arguing that. Merely that water fasting is dumb, has no scientific backing when it comes to weight loss, and that the recent hype its received is very dishonest about the hard facts and the period of time and actual fat lost. I don't think anyone is denying that fasting can lose weight faster, but 14 pounds of fat in 2 weeks is complete fantasy.

stop replying to yourself

>just over a minute each

could you samefag any fucking harder

>be human body
>not getting a lot of food lately
>should I consume that emergency energy supply I keep around for exactly this kind of situation?
>nah let's eat the muscle that, in less modern times, would be essential in helping me get more food when it becomes available again. Buckle up kiddo, time to become an evolutionary dead end

I'm not replying to myself. And you're just butthurt because you fell for the "health education" in school where they blasted you with anorexia fears. You won't let basic common sense guide you.

Not same fagging you fucking faggots.

lel paranoid fagt

the reason is because to create the miraculous glucose that every nerve in your body requires, it needs a part of muscle and a part of fat, which need to be stored seperately and have a wonderful way of serving functions in the way that they're stored. so yeah, you can look at it from the lens of "Why use muscle at all? JUST USE THE FATTY BITS!", but you need to also understand that to create the ATP chain that forms glucose, you need both what fat and muscle provides. so really, think of them both as an energy source!

and you can't prove your argument with basic scientific research, even medically supervised.

Again, no one is arguing that fasting isn't an efficient method of weight loss. The issue is how much weight and how quickly. You literally, PHYSICALLY, cannot lose 14 lbs of fat in 2 weeks unless you are severely overweight, in which case you shouldn't fast anyhow. It is dangerous (as outlined in the exact study you posted) to go further than 2 weeks of water-only fasting, particularly without medical supervision.

>You won't let basic common sense guide you.
how about letting basic fucking math educate you I'll repeat it again: unless you are obese there is no possible way to lose weight at a rate as specified in the OP, even if you were literally starving.

I am almost in disbelief in how thoroughly I need to explain such a simple concept to you.

Of course they aren't losing 2 pounds of fat a day. They probably just lost a bunch of water and feces. It will average about .5lb to 1lb of fat a day.

There are many studies on fasting. And of course they are all medially supervised. What kind of study wouldn't be supervised.

> be OP
> literally have lost that much weight in that time
> laughing at your idiocy

consider speaking from knowledge gained from experience rather than whatever bullshit you read. this is why fiction was invented.

>It will average about .5lb to 1lb of fat a day.
Wrong. It'll be 0.5-0.6 at most for a typical non-obese person, and should be attempted for a maximum period of 2 weeks, equating to only about 8-9 pounds lost at-best. Unless, of course, they're somehow burning an additional 1500 calories just because whatever.

It's basic fucking math.

nice proof faggot

also i am technically obese even though i don't look it, probably bordering on "overweight" now though rather than obese

>500 cals

Morbidly obese people can have a TDEE of 3,500. We don't know OP's circumstances. Also, if OP is exercising that could cause increased fat loss per day.

Can only offer my diary as I didn't take before pic.

We call those people fat losers.
They want this to be impossible to obtain or unhealthy because that would justify them being too lazy to achieve it.
Being in that kind of shape doesn't make you healthy by default but there is noting unhealthy about it.
You metabolism will not "slow" because to reach that level you will be working out weekly at least to maintain it.
If you stop working out for an extended period of time the muscles will decrease and you will just look like a less defined version of that.

ok so 13 lbs sorry for error

Metabolism will decrease on a fast only because some muscle is used in metabolism. Muscle needs energy and when it is gone it stops demanding it.

that literally proves my point you dumbass.

Just using a TDEE calculator as an example: A 5'11" 215 lb male at 30% BF (morbid obesity) has a sedentary TDEE of 2350 and a estimated moderate exercise TDEE of about 3000 (which is almost impossible to accurately calculate and very likely exaggerated).

So even at this completely exaggerated level, it is physically impossible for a morbidly obese person to lose 1 lb of fat a day.

Again, it's basic math. You can't just pull numbers out of your ass and hope for magical weight loss.

I'm sorry m8 but as outlined above I think you've made a mistake either in weighing or included water weight as part of your loss.

I'm arguing that a person will lose between 0.5lb and 1lb of fat per day on a water fast safely. Nothing you have said dissuades me.

i just said to you a lady from youtube lost 1.25 lbs per day...

youtube.com/watch?v=bY9_Qviei7g

one of her last vids on that fast she weighs herself again

fuck yall

>be human body
>no food but not moving around a lot
>shit this muscle is consuming a lot of energy but we dont even use it
>better trim this down so that our reserves last longer because who knows when our next meal will come

>Nothing you have said dissuades me.
I have literally used basic math to completely deconstruct and disprove your argument. Unless the mathematical value of a pound somehow lowered from 3500 calories while I wasn't looking.

Breaking this down once again so any passing dumbass doesn't fall for the water fasting meme:

A pound of fat is 3500 calories. So in-order to lose that, you will need to burn 3500 calories-worth of fat. No matter how hard you try, you will never burn purely bodyfat, there will always be a split between muscle and fat, even if small.

So, let's pretend that that split doesn't exist and that you can burn purely bodyfat in a day. You need a deficit of 3500 calories. As outlined earlier, a person with morbid obesity (30% BF) at 5'11" and 215 pounds, burns 2350 calories sedentarily, and maybe 2500-2800 depending on exercise (though I highly doubt someone at that weight would have the energy to exercise that long). So let's go the retard route and assume we burn 2800 calories a day at this weight!

Hell, let's bump it up to 3000 because why the fuck not. 3000 cal is 85% of a pound. So let's do that math! 3000 x 14 / 3500 = 11.9

The complete fantasy "our body does nothing to even slightly alter progress" scenario, only burns .85 pounds a day at absolute max even for a morbidly obese man.

Please, everyone, do no listen to this dumbass. It is impossible unless you are severely, severely obese to lose a pound a day, and very unlikely to lose more than .5 with a more moderate physique, if-even.

not wasting my time watching 40 videos. Give me her stats, whether or not she included water weight in her starting weight, and her exit weight AFTER recovery period. Without an outsider giving non-biased results or a doctor corroborating her results it's just as deceitful as that faggot 28-day water fast video.

y-you too

goes from 200 lbs to 150 lbs in 40 days

i don't give a shit about water weight when are you going to shut up about it? i never mentioned it

Correct

>i don't give a shit about water weight when are you going to shut up about it?

if I have a bucket full of water, weigh it, dump the water, and weigh it again, then it hasn't lost any actual weight, the water is just gone. It works exactly the same way for a person. When you start dieting you have a massive drop of 3-6 lbs in the first two weeks (which varies depending on bodyweight), due to a massive amount of water leaving the body. Once you start a normal intake again, you gain that water weight back.

So I could weigh myself before a diet at 180 lbs, diet down to 170, and claim I lost 10 pounds. In reality, I only lost 6 due to water weight.

don't be a retard.

I'm down 3kg over 1 week
I just got prescribed amphetamine for ADHD last Thursday so i'm pretty much on easy mode. However i am down 40kg to 102 and only have 10kg more before i hit my goal

>one of her last vids on that fast she weighs herself again
youtu.be/bqAs74gQa2c?t=59s
You mean this one? Where the camera clearly dissolves and shows dithering when no such effect should exist in a camera? It's fake as fuck user.

Not to mention the first video was uploaded 2 years or so after the 40th, so the timeline cannot be trusted.

I believe she lost the weight, but there is clear dishonesty in the timeline and the final weigh-in.

Before i started these i was on average eating 6000kj (1500kcal) a day but have dropped it around another 25% (possibly more, desu i've almost ignored putting anything into my body druing the daytime besides water, caffeine, nicotine and weed. I know it isn't sustainable but I can easily eat if i know i need to, but again i want to hit my goal and then i can focus on building

>we're not living in nazi germany you dumb cunt

You have already proven yourself to be paranoid by claiming someone was samefagging.

it seems ignorance is bliss today

No you

I guess I should make a video on youtube with 3 years difference, 150 lbs of muscle gained, and just claim that I did in on a 40-day fast while simultaneously not showing a an actual measurement. Seemed to work great for that lady!

and please, I'll pay good money to see you try and disprove the math in

>but not moving around a lot
?

> does math on Veeky Forums
> expects praise

This is from the 9th, so 12 days ago.

not expecting praise, I'm asking if you can disprove it. You seem adamant to frolic in your fantasy of losing 10 lbs of fat in 2 weeks.

the body won't preserve muscle if you don't use it. At that point it's idly consuming energy that the body could otherwise use for movement and basic function.

Took this just now. I used to be at 230 a few months ago and changed my diet, went hiking etc and it slowly got me to around 215 average. When I took that test it really got to me so I completely changed my diet.

Fasted for three days, only had water. On day three my body was in full panic attack mode so I recklessly had a bunch of carbs because my brain was in "you're going to die mode" and it felt bad. After that day, I completely cut carbs out allowing no more than 20 a day, but I rarely have any at all. I also started EC again to help curb hunger/piss out water weight faster. Earlier this morning when I first weighed myself I was at 197, but after breakfast, and water I'm up to 200lbs. By tomorrow when I wake up it should go down again. I'm in ketosis currently (according to piss strips) so I may try the fast again. I am still not as thin as where I'd like to be before I start working out and gaining mass again, but I do look a lot better than I did when I took that test, and WAY better than I did a few months ago when I just started to make changes.

>be human liver
>have glycogen reserves

for a second i actually thought there was going to be a problem

just a suggestion, don't do daily weighing. I find it stresses me out and more-often than not isn't accurate. It's better to get one really solid weigh-in a week.

did you gain the 1770 pounds in remembrance of the 4th of july

It was tldr

Thanks for the tip, I'm sure I'll skip to weekly once I hit a plateau in weight loss.
Yes.

Congrats m8 keep at it.

Pretend you are on a boat and are running out of food supplies. lARPing really helps me.

I just remember to keep looking at FPH threads and remember when I used to be 190lbs at around 13% bf.

get fucked faggot those posts are shorter than dr. seuss books.

best of luck m8

The panic attack is unusual. Fasting shouldn't be stressful. Most people find after day 2-3 they start feeling quite good. Mentally clear, etc.

I think it was more of an extreme case of Keto flu. Really light headed/nauseous. I think it was more to do with having literally nothing to eat for those three days. The first two days went by smoothly, and now I'm on day five or so of ketosis on a LCHF diet so I'll try it again. Probably in a day or two when I show some deeper ketone leves. Currently with the little strips I'm at 80.

I dunno about that OP but I do light exercise when I fast or cut hard, and I've never had a problem with losing muscle

yo im on a water fast now and the first 3 days are the worst days, day 4 is when ur body goes full ketosis, i was 210 now at 178, loving the progress

Since I'm already in ketosis, won't it be easier?

u probably still have a little bit of glycogen in ur muscles but idk man i never started out while on a keto diet

Fug.

how long did you fast for?

still fasting rn im on day 18 but im ending on day 21

Was this your first 2 weeks dieting? You'll lose a lot in the beginning. If you were 3 months or more into a cut and still losing 14lbs a week then that would be pretty crazy and unhealthy. But for your first week that sounds about right.

Right on m8. I started in mid April at 235 and am now just under 200 so I'm very much in the same boat as you. I still feel pretty fat though. I definitely am aiming for at least 170 and quite possibly even lower. It'll take a while but I'm getting used to eating less so it's not so bad.

>101.2kg pre pee
>101.2kg post pee

nigga...

Is what I'm doing considered the norm of a 'cut'? Or is 500kcals too little?

This is a common thought process on 4 chan, however, it's entirely incorrect.

The human body does not ever open the doors to muscle catabolism if it can avoid it. The human body can control where aminos will be liberated from, and it will always prioritise anything OTHER than muscle and organ tissue.

Likewise, the body upregulates hormones that actively fight muscle catabolism in the presence of low/no calories.

The longer you're in a calorie deficit the more aggressively the body upregulates hormones to prevent muscle catabolism. Likewise, the brain undergoes a similar process in which its metabolism actually changes nearly 100% in order to prevent the need of amino catabolism during starvation.

Basically, the body is wired to do anything other than ever significantly catabolize its own muscle until there's literally nothing (i.e. no fat) left.

Do you mean a 500 cal cut? or only eating 500 calories a day?

When your body is in a fasting state it uses around 2000 calories a day on average. This translates to a little more than half a pound or qtr kg of weight loss a day when starving. The drastic weight loss you experienced was mostly water weight, but that's alright.

>mfw people think muscle is lost on a fast
>mfw fat storage is obviously your energy reserve
>mfw fasting is a part of every religion and ancient practice
>mfw the food industry an health industry has hypnotized an entire world population into thinking if they skip a meal they will literally die
>mfw its all lead to the biggest obesity and disease epidemic in human existance
>mfw people think we're evolving and getting smarter and over a better quality of life and take that notion for granted without any critical thinking whatsoever.
>mfw you don't have the fortitude, integrity or constitution to do your own research and realize how important fasting is.

Only eating 500 with occasional off days where I go slightly over.

Yeah that's fairly excessive, definitely not a "normal cut". Typically people cut 500 to 1,000 calories off their TDEE. However, if you can make 500 calories work then right on.

I limit myself to 1,800 but typically end up lower than that. Some day's I only eat around 1,000 and find I weigh much lower the following morning on those days. So I'm sure you're going to continue seeing more impressive results if you continue eating that low. Don't torture yourself though.