/fat/ Fat weeb elves edition

Previous fat:
>Who is /fat/ for?
Fat members of Veeky Forums who want to lose weight

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Discord
discord dot gg/tECCTD
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_RUmir3z_L0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First post for reminder
>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

What's the better meme diet keto or water fasting?

yes?

fat fucks

hello?

Grandma?

Yes.

Yes honey

Thanks!

fucks what?

Reminder that being fat is a mental illness

>tfw hit the gym very hard
>did 250 leg raises with the yoga ball
>did 250 oblique raises on boso ball
>did 250 reach ups on the boso ball
>took 3 hours to complete with rest time included, intervals of 50
>consumed 1700 calories most of them being protein
>5'7''

CONFESS YOUR SINS

>he fell for the gym and diet meme

Start water fasting my dude

how is this for a meme diet

1 baked chicken thigh
.5 cup of black beans
1 cup of white rice

25g protein
72g carb
9g fat

477 cal

All I plan to eat a day as I am going through some money troubles. Would double or triple to hit at least 1000-1400cal but not sure if carbs are going to fuck me even more. Going to start running, start starting bodyweight. Was basically starving, eating apples and peanut butter and binge drinking on weekends at friend's parties for sustinence for three weeks dropped from 205 to 190. Would feel shittier/sadder but I'm vain enough where I like how I'm starting to look now.

>wow i reached my goal weight, now i can eat like i used to again
>gain back all the weight

Bless me Father for I have sinned. It has been three threads since my last confession. My sins are once going over my fitness pal calories in a day and eating a bag of pizza rolls.

That's garbage, lower your carbs and increase your fat and protein intake. You're also not gonna get by on 477 calories, do something like PSMF or water fasting if you want to be memier

>Did calorie counting
>Went to the gym
>Barely any losses
>Memorized the calories from the usual food I'm eating.
>Stopped using MFP (too much of a hassle).
>Stopped going to the gym
>Did basic calisthenics and simple dumbbell + stationary bikes instead
>Gained bb muscles and lost 8kg

I'm probably gonna go back to the gym eventually, but I don't understand why calisthenics, simple exercise and stationary bikes worked instead.

Reposting question from last thread Can I stop the yo-yo without counting calories?

currently very full at the end of a 1400kcal day and bizarrely proud. avocado on bagel breakfast, homemade pizza w hummus sauce n very little cheese for lunch, and lentils and steamed broccoli/asparagus for dinner. you can do it, /fat/, it's not that hard

I'm and I can, yes. Just memorize the calories and keep in mind your daily calorie intake and portion size.

>reach goal weight
>start lifting and eating properly
>go through another water fast if you get fat AKA cutting (it would probably better to use an actual diet for this part though so you don't lose muscle)

Is my ratio of carbs to everything else that big of a deal even if it's in relation to such a small amount of cal? I guess this would be my real question. assuming I double it it's still less than 1k cals, thermodynamically im going to get shredded right?

I'm too retarded to cook. Everything I touch turns out so disgusting that I at best manage to eat half of the meal because I'm immensely hungry.

It does help with reducing my caloric intake though.

started the water fast meme today, quick question, am I going to be able to do my lifts tomorrow or am I gonna be fucked?

I just had a green drink with wheat grass juice,kale,spinach,chard,beets,half a peach,1/3 cup of blue berries,and 1/3 banana.

Jesus fucking Christ it's the feeling you get after you go for a swim but it's in my blood. This feels so fucking good. It's like a orgasm going on in my veins. It feels good lads.

Is there a good way to memorize portion sizes? because in my head I know exactly how many calories are in a pound of chicken, a serving of white rice, etc. but I can never seem to eyeball it properly and when I actually weigh the food I can be off by a good margin

Stupid to a water fast; even more stupid (and dangerous) to try and lift while water fasting.

Listen.

There is no magic bullet. Weight loss isn't a diet; it's a life style change which needs to permanent or you'll put the weight back on.

For weight loss to be sustainable you need to learn how to eat correctly, lose the habits of eating shitty food and lose weight slowly and patiently.

Eat wholegreen carbs (For satiety and ghrelin control) and; no more than 100g of protein a day (also for satiety). Add some fiber in there and don't restrict your calories too much, just 300 - 400 below maintainence. If you lose 1lb a week then you're on the right path.

If you're having to use discipline and will power to stick to your diet you will eventually fail out of misery and binge. Don't do the meme shit like keto or water fasting; eat a healthy balanced diet and be patient.

Oh yeah, none of that is new to me, I lost a 150 pounds but gained back around 60. Trying to kick the habit with the water fast, obviously it's not a long term thing.

I ate quiche, and a rice and cabbage. About to have cake and coffee.
>not a single regret

The fact you put the weight back on shows you weren't realistic with your diet. Trying to kick the habit with an extreme start like water fasting is setting yourself up for a binge after a few days. You've got to find balance and be able to survive off less calories than you currently consume or you will constantly yo-yo diet; there was a time years ago when I was yo-yo dieting until i finally realized I had to cut some foods out forever and stop dieting.

Heres 3 golden rules. Live by these and you will lose weight.

1. Don't eat fast food ever. Don't eat sugary foods. Don't drink alcohol or sugary soft drinks (diet soda is fine)

2. Balanced diet. Don't cut out of carbs no matter what the memesters say; carbs are important for satiety and ghrelin control.

3. Slow and steady. If you cut too hard you'll be miserable; it's gotta be sustainable and that means you need to be able to eat like this for the rest of your life and be satisfied rather than needing to use will power and discipline yourself 24 hours a day.

I don't know why the guy above you has to be so drastic, just start cycling in keto or water fasting when you get fat again. If you want an actual long term solution start lifting then figure out bulking and cutting cycles

477 would be literal hell if you want a crash diet then water fast at least that way you won't ge any hunger pangs

>people are cutting carbs and shit
>still losing weight eating carbs
>1700 calories a day
>have been lifting for years
>counting macros
>tfw i'm making all kinds of gins on a diet
>I'm now one of the big guys at the gym

all of these are good except for the alcohol one. live a little. what's the point of having a good body if you're not going to have fun with it? just drink vodka waters or healthier drinks like that.

I'm not being drastic; I'm telling him to have a balanced diet.

You're recommending this guy yo-yo diets; forever in a perpetual cycle. Keto is bad advice and I can tell you're someone who is "losing weight" without ever actually having reached their target goal.

Millions of people are thin while eating carbs; and that's because carbs aren't the problem. Sugar, high calorie fatty fast food food and alcohol is the issue.

>live a little. what's the point of having a good body if you're not going to have fun with it?
>tfw 27 and never lived

Any tips for an alternative to curls?
I have tendonitis in one of my wrists and both bar/dumbell curls put too much stress on it

Started lifting at the start of the year. SS to be specific
It's not possible for me to feel satisfied with food, either I'm hungry or I ate too much. One of my problems is I don't really know what healthy food is. For about a year I'd autistically eat 2 chicken breasts, 2 sausages and ground beef every day. That worked well for weight loss but I find I don't really have the drive to keep to eat 2 years later, so can you recommend me stuff I could eat?

rows or any back exercises that require pulling

so eating absolutely nothing is better than eating only 477 calories?

>Drinking is fun

Where did you get this idea from? Furthermore; what does having a good body have to do with drinking? Successful people don't sabotage themselves with counter productive habits that work against their goals senpai.

I go boxing 4 or 5 nights a week, I go out with my girlfriend but we don't drink alcohol; or we go hiking, or I play some games with friends and chat shit. I grew out of binge drinking alcohol when I hit 25 and realized bars are full of losers with no goals. Alcohol is the liquid jew designed to keep you complacent and help you escape reality.

>Alcohol is the liquid jew designed to keep you complacent and help you escape reality.

>tfw the gym keeps me complacent and helps me escape reality
>tfw fell for the ironjew

Those crash diets are temporary to settle into a good weight you can do all that lifestyle shit afterwards.

I've only done the crash diet thing once eventually I started lifting and figuring out bulking/cutting which is exactly what I'm telling him to do.

Iktfb. Ironpill for life

Finals week is already killing me. Today I've eaten around 2500 calories plus I'm drinking monsters now to help me study. I also skipped the gym today. I think it'll be alright. I should be all done tomorrow at 1 and then I just have an arts coass until I graduate.

had a burg from local fast food joint and 3 packs of gushers upon seeing they were only 90 cals per pack
still about 300 calories off from my daily limit, by some miracle

Quick heads up, ladies and gentlemen.

I will be out of town until around 3:00 PM CST on Friday so I won't do the early check-in or anything for the /fat/ contest. This, however, does not change anything.

In exactly an hour from now, I will need everyone's weigh-ins or else you're on notice. A few of you are already on notice and, if you don't weigh-in, will be removed from the contest.

Remember that this is the tournament finale as well, so the final 5 need to make sure they're competitive here. Gonna be a big week.

I will be back around 5:00 PM or 6:00 PM CST and will make a blurb then but otherwise y'all are on your own.

Happy cutting /fat/ties.

had 5 shortbread cookies. FML

I find myself missing junk food and fast food a lot but every single time I actually have some it's disgusting and disappointing. It's an abstract kind of feel lads

Does anyone here have experience healing stretch marks? I was thinking about trying Aloe Vera but I wanted a second opinion.

Every time I look at them I die a little inside.

Yes, you will eventually lose your appetite and stop feeling like shit if you eat nothing, the first 3 days are pretty tough though

As penance you must eat one more shortbread cookie, but it must be dipped quickly in salt water and topped with salt.

They're trying out a new coke to replace diet coke and coke zero in Australia. Supposedly going to try it in the US too if it goes well.

It tastes more like full sugar coke than coke zero or diet do.

As penance you must watch this and make homefries.

youtube.com/watch?v=_RUmir3z_L0

i....is that transformers yaoi? please dont tell me it is

Sounds to me like too much protein and not enough carbohydrate; complex carbs like wholemeal bread aren't the devil and have an effect on ghrelin; the hormone which tells you whether you're satisfied or not.

Drink more water; that helps you feel satisfied between meals.

Eat little meals often, your body is designed to graze through the day. Personally I eat 200 calories snacks (and a 200 calorie breakfast) and then 400 - 500 calorie main meals.

I've been where you are; I felt like an unsatiable eating machine. I tried eating more fat, I tried eating more protein in my diet and doing low carb.

I tried for months with all these stupid meme advice, and then what fixed it for me was eating clean wholemeal carbs and no more than 100g protein a day. Now I find it easy to eat clean because I'm not restricting myself from food groups; I just eat clean carbs rather than shitty sugar carbs or simple processed carbs.

Stop giving bad advice guy, you're talking shit. I'm legitimately trying to help this guy with sound advice; crash diets are NOT the way forward. You're telling him to crash diet until he settles into a goood weight and then maintain? Even at 2lbs a week weight loss (which is too much even for a crash diet) it might take him 4 or 5 weeks, if not longer due to being obese. That isn't a crash diet, that is an unsustainable soul draining recipe for disaster.

Weight loss takes a long time. 1 - 2lbs a week is great, 1lb a week is average and good.

Coke Zero already tastes like actual coke for me

I've been taking flavorless gelatin and my skin is ls looking better, stretch marks aren't visible.

Nope just him being cute not lewd

coke stevia already tasted pretty damn close to real coke, but nobody bought it so they had to roll out coke no sugar

>elves

>not a single regret
The man who refuses to regret and ask forgiveness must suffer the eternal fires of fatness in hot weather.

>I'm drinking monsters now to help me study
You do not need a penance my son. You must have faith.

>by some miracle
Your penance is a pop tart. Buy a box of poptarts, then eat one (there are two in a foil), then throw all the rest away.

Mine are faded but still noticeable enough to make me self conscious. I think lotion would be the best option but I'm not sure which kind actually works.

like... the shit processed from tendons/ligaments? where do you even get that?

i've been putting shea butter/some random lotion bar from lush on my stretchmarks about twice a day. they're a little less pink but definitely still there

Pretty much any lotion is going to be good. Don't fall for the specifically marketed ones like bio-oil, they're no more effective than other lotions/oils. The best thing for stretch marks is time really.

>Stop giving bad advice guy, you're talking shit. I'm legitimately trying to help this guy with sound advice; crash diets are NOT the way forward. You're telling him to crash diet until he settles into a goood weight and then maintain? Even at 2lbs a week weight loss (which is too much even for a crash diet) it might take him 4 or 5 weeks, if not longer due to being obese. That isn't a crash diet, that is an unsustainable soul draining recipe for disaster.

Well yeah if you want go straight from obese to skinny you shouldn't be doing a crash diet. If you're a skinnyfat trying to lose a couple of pounds to stop being overweight then they would be good in that case

That's what I thought. I've heard good things about Aloe Vera so I'll probably stick with that then.

i was wrong, father
it was 200 calories
my penance will be me going to bed before i fall to temptation again

So if Im 100lbs overweight im supposed to s l o w l y lose it over two fucking years? Nah. I think ill eat a bigger deficit and incorporate fasting

This is the mentality of someone who's going to crash diet straight into the fucking ground. Read this and learn well, /fat/

I ate an entire large deep dish pizza coming in a 3200 calories after a month of 1700 calories a day and it was great.

Keto isn't a crash diet though you can maintain it for as long as you want. Water fasting is a meme however is the true crash diet

I fucked up today, /fat/. Had a work lunch at a fancy restaurant and ate a bunch of food I couldn't count. Then ate more snacks at work for a big meeting for some new VP.

Just fmsuf.

>depression at age 14
>start gaining weight
>obese mom always fucking bullying me about my weight
>bulimic for next 9 years
>finally get tired of fucking up my teeth and being a fucking mess
>start getting fit
>now diabetic mom constantly trying to sabotage me
>don't give a fuck and keep going
>down to 160 lbs, getting stronger
>not bulimic anymore, feeling good
>still obese mother still thinking she's thinner than me
>won't fucking leave my weight alone

I see her maybe twice a year out of obligation. Everyone in our family hates her, but is too afraid to cut ties with her. Whenever I'm here, it's just chores and snide comments about my weight and how I live in general. She insists she's many sizes smaller than me, and that I should eat a bag of bread and whatever "certified" diet meme foods she recently discovered everyday "because it's healthy". She won't leave me the fuck alone and I'm scared of relapsing into my eating disorder.

Yes, I'm a pussy, but this woman has caused every one of my siblings to become mentally ill, suicidal and socially dysfunctional. Honestly, she's lucky she doesn't beat us up anymore, as I'm just aching to hit back this time and get a good reason to never see her again.

Lawl because everyone who has ever lost weight faster than a snails pace has ended up gaining it back right?

What's your food routine /fat/? How do I eat to get Veeky Forums? I don't know what to cook besides chicken and broccoli.

For rice, measure it in spoons. For me, three spoon (remember that it shouldn't be bigger than the spoon).

For chicken, keep it in proportion with the rice or twice, thrice the rice, depending on your DCI. Look up the sizes online if necessary.

To make yourself feel full remember to drink at least three glasses of water each meal. One glass before eating. One glass while eating. And one more to wash it all down. You gotta trick yourself to feel full so you won't go back for seconds.

push her down some stairs and say she fell or something, user

What if Dr. Now on 600lb life told the mega fatties 'i need you to lose 60lb for surgery but only 1-2lb a week. Ill see you in a year"

Why see her at all? You're an adult. You have no obligation to her.

this is false equivalence, if you're already 600lbs your TDEE is much higher and you therefore lose a lot faster eating a normal 1500-2000kcal diet

walmart sells them near the jello, some stores sell it by the pound in little containers. high in protein too. Almost pure collagen

This is the dumbest shit i've ever heard. Someone at 600 lbs who needs to lose 60 lbs literally just has to eat one less full pizza a day and will breeze through the weight.
This.

Not everyone but YOU specifically, shit zipper.

That the Coke No Sugar? We just got it in at work. Looks alright.

Why are you guys calling keto a crash diet? Is just not eating carbs so hard for some of you?

I'm afraid of her, and she's sad and lonely. She isn't someone you can reason with. It's really hard to change the dynamic we have had since my childhood. My youngest brother is still underage and living with her. I keep telling myself I'll never see her again after he moves out.

I think it has just fallen out of fashion here. It's not great for strength.

>suffer the eternal fires of fatness in hot weathe
good luck. I live in Australia, even the devil comes here for a tan

So don't fucking go visit her, retard. You battered wives are so god damn stupid, I swear to god. What's she going to do, run after you? Just don't fucking drive to her house, ignore her, let her die. If she's that much of a shitty person it should be no problem.

If you get enough protein it would be just the same, it might be a little harder lifting with no carbs though, then again most people here are just trying to lose weight which keto is perfect for.

I find it hard to beleive its a meme diet when it has worked wonders for so many people. And it seems every week there is new research coming out backing up some of the health claims of a keto diet. Im going to stick with it for a while at least.

There's nothing wrong with a keto diet, hell I did it back in the day and lost 20kg on it. It's just it's a pain in the ass to keep up, and can end up being quite expensive. It's a great diet if you've got the meals to do it, but it's not for everyone.

>Is just not eating carbs so hard for some of you?

It effects performance and is counter productive for weight loss as it restricts carbohydrates; an important food group which tells us that we're no longer hungry and we are in fact full.

Fat releases the CKK hormone, protein releases the PYY hormone however neither of these deal with ghrelin which tells us that we're "hungry"; nor does it deal with leptin which is a satiety hormone.

Carbohydrates DIRECTLY affect leptin and ghrelin; that's why people struggle with feeling satisfied on a keto diet.

And in response to asking me about " Is just not eating carbs so hard for some of you?"; I rebute with the question "is eating clean so hard for you?"

Carbohydrates are necessary; you won't be able to perform as well in a work out as you would if fuelled by carbs; and that's biological fact.

Just my personal experience but I almost never feel hungry on keto and in fact some days I have to force myself to eat.

I'm so disgusted with myself after binging that I've been avoiding food entirely and hanging out in Veeky Forums's thinspo thread.

I had bacon and cheese loaded fries from Chicken Treat yesterday.
The day before I had KFC after locking my keys in my car and being pissed off.

I lost about 30lbs on it really quickly and easily. It seems really good for weight loss. I don't think its very sustainable though. I think it's a good temporary diet to help you lose weight and get used to eating less.

And I felt like it negatively effected me cognitively. Made me feel a bit mentally sluggish, so I wouldn't recommend it to people who are studying.