MY FUCKING KNEES

Veeky Forums, I like squatting, but for fucks sake, MY FUCKING KNEES. I'm only at 2plate and I'm already dealing with some serious pain in my knees when I squat, and I have mild pain all the time now in them. Should I stop squatting? Will my knees ever recover or is this shit permanent wear and tear?

Other urls found in this thread:

scielo.org.co/scielo.php?script=sci_arttext&pid=S0012-73532014000100007
strongerbyscience.com/how-to-squat/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

your form is wrong.

I had the exact same problem, I even took a break from squatting to see if it would fix it and when I did my knee still hurt. You're most likely putting too much pressure on your knees when you go up from a squat. What helped me was really focusing on my feet, particularly make sure my heels stayed on the ground at the minimum. you should be able to keep your feet completely flat, but fixing bad form is a challenge. Go down some weight, make sure your form is right, then work your way back up

I pretty much stopped squatting and switched to leg press because of knee issues. No problems doing deadlifts, strangely enough.

Drop the weight and fix your form.

OP, I've been there.

the problem is when you squat you lose some balance and lean forward, which pushes more stress on your knees.

the entire pressure should be on your heels, if it isn't, then you are doing it wrong.

Go lower.

bad form too much weight,

bring your butt right back, pointing your tailbone towards the ceiling as much as possible keeping your chest and head up

when you push back up push your tailbone and butt up first not from your chest and shoulders

just take time off, holy shit

you're not going to lose all of your gains taking 4 weeks off

but you CAN injure yourself further and have to take a year off if you keep going

in which side of the knee?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CLOSEEEEEEE

I have unequal leg length, my right leg is about 5 cm longer than my left. Is there any way I can squat safely?

>I pretty much stopped squatting and switched to leg press

* * * WEE WOO WEE WOO * * *

LITTLE PUSSY BITCH ALERT. EVERYONE GATHER AROUND AND LAUGH AT THE LITTLE PUSSY BITCH.

* * * WEE WOO WEE WOO * * *

If you can't complete the Ido Portal 30-for-30 squat challenge, then you should not be squatting.

>the entire pressure should be on your heels
yeah nah m8

had this

Kicked out feet more

>5cm
No way, post pix? That's a huge difference

this + warmup your knees beforehand.
(maybe not entire pressure on heels, but most of it)

most of the people who have luck with squatting are fat, manlets or on roids. or they don't do proper squats just quarter squats. if you can't squat perfectly you can quickly destroy the meniscus and fuck up your joints. i'd say fuck it and do what feels right. leg press is perfectly acceptable. there are so many ways to work quads. maybe try split squats instead? or trap bar pulls with a more vertical back angle. or pin squats. or hack squats. machine squats. whatever you absolutely do not have to barbell back squat and anyone telling you otherwise is a meme victim or trying to sell you advice.

train hamstrings, a lot of knee pain problems go away with really strong hamstrings

You are squatting wrong. You probably upped the weight before you were really ready and kept adding after your form had broken down. I would de-load and work on form. Maybe take a video of yourself so you can see your own form.

Well for one, you shouldn't be squatting like the figure in the image you posted.

>A exercise I do in the gym is the foundation of my masculinity

Now that is sad

>t. 15 year old lifting for a couple of months
fuck off

Guys don't listen to the legendary Nogains Kid

PRess off heels, foam roll quads and break parallel. It's one of those three things. You need all of them

I would guess you are using sneakers and your form needs work. Either take the shoes off or invest in chucks or vans.

Try going barefoot, OP, for a better grip. It helped my form immensely when I switched.

Get scientific with it son:

scielo.org.co/scielo.php?script=sci_arttext&pid=S0012-73532014000100007

Read this, educate yourself.

>the entire pressure should be on your heels

You're so fucking wrong i should slap you.

the pressure should be in your heels yes but not just your heel.

>You want to make sure you have three solid points of contact with the ground – your big toe, your pinky toe, and your heel – with your weight evenly distributed across all three points. This will help ensure you keep your balance, and it will keep your center of mass over mid-foot.

strongerbyscience.com/how-to-squat/

>That autism

please tell me you are not squatting in running shoes or some bullshit with "air suspension" or something like that... if you do, drop it immediately and either squat barefoot or buy some boots without these air cushions... yes they have purpose for running but if you lift with them they are worse than cancer...

Stop posting, please

Thank you for the info