A good belt costs at least $150

>A good belt costs at least $150

Other urls found in this thread:

strongerbyscience.com/the-belt-bible/
amazon.com/dp/B0028H00HG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_jC7szbHAWZQPN
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What is core strenght.

Buy used OP, I got mine for half price. There's always someone who transitions to other training or an even fancier belt and don't need it anymore, and they last forever if you treat them decently.

>i don't know how belts work

do you not have a job

>wearing a belt while squatting under 4 pl8
>wearing a belt while dead lifting under 5 pl8

I say 4 and 5 because I've done 3+ and 4+ with nothing, just get stronger

Buy a harbinger belt. Literally less than 20 dollars and used by Olympic Champions.

>you have to reach these arbitrary numbers before you can use [generally useful equipment]
I see Veeky Forums is retarded as usual.

Nothing costs money if you're brave

lmao fucking poors

Why do you have to reach these madeup standards first? It makes no sense.

Using a belt doesnt harm core development.

No, fuck head, wearing extra shit that only the super elite need to perform their magnificent lifts is what is retarded. Do you also keep the training wheels on your bike?

If your fork is right and you aren't crippled, the average lifter does NOT need a belt, now either stop with your accessory bullshit or you better match your gloves and gym purse.

Read this and then stuff your broscience up your ass:
strongerbyscience.com/the-belt-bible/

u dont need anything ever faggot. but i wanna wear a belt so fuck oFF

>super elite

The super elite use barbells too. Should we switch to machines until we reach their ranks?

>need

A belt allows you to squat more by helping maintain intraabdominal pressure. A belt is shown to help reduce injury and even engage the core more for some lifters.

>You dont need a belt

You don't need to lift, period. But why make life harder for no benefit?

The belt is the epitome of broscience if you aren't pulling Olympic numbers

That's all I wanted, just admit you don't need it and only want to look like you lift.

So you didn't read the article then (with actual science in it).

Did you even read the article? A belt significantly increases intra abdominal pressure, how is it broscience?

>Olympic numbers

Olympic lifters do not wear such thick belts because they interfere with the Olympic lifts.

>Just admit you dont need it

Okay I don't need it. I don't need to use barbells versus machines, or even lift weights at all.

That's just about as retarded as using weightlifting shoes. Just use good form and you'll be fine

How is using a belt retarded?

You're mentally damaged.

150? OP I got mine for 30quid on sale from Amazon.

Don't give a shit about designer, just be sure the materials are correct (not fake cheap shit) and the measurements are good. Or as others have said, 2nd hand .

Two days ago I saw a

This is a great lots price belt. I've used it for a year and a half and it's held up great. Still very stiff and rugged.

Leather Power Weight Lifting Belt- 4" Black (Medium) amazon.com/dp/B0028H00HG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_jC7szbHAWZQPN

theyll last forever. save up and its worth it

*Low price. Sorry, I'm typing on my phone as I meal prep.

I hate belts. They fuck me up worse than lifting without one. Whats the point?

>That's just about as retarded as using weightlifting shoes.
So not very then?
Anyone serious about lifting should own a good pair of weightlifting shoes and a weightlifting belt. They are almost essentials.

Why would you not spend $300 to massively improve something you do several times a week? Both shoes and belt will last forever. It's a one time expense.

Either you're not using it right or you're trying to use one that you are too short or skinny for.

>no meme gym wear
>mentally damaged
You're mentally damaged if you think you need a "gym uniform"

You can get a solid Elite FTS belt for like $85. If you're not planning on competing, it's extremely good for what you get.