Dear anons

Dear anons,
I want to quit smoking and would appreciate any kind of help - advises, tricks, literature, meds.

Nicotine gum or patches,just do something that gets it off ya mind,hell resort to vaping if ya think that works,hope ya can quit,lost my gran 't that shit

>advises, tricks, literature, meds.

>Step 1: Dont be a pussy
>Step 2: ........Profit?

>t. Never smoked and doesn't understand addiction

I smoked for ten years, OP, started in high school, quit last year. I smoked a pack every two days, approximately. What I did to quit was cut down on the frequency of my cigarettes, from 10-12/day down to 8 per day, then 5, then 3, then 2, then eventually none. It took me about 6 weeks, but it wasn't nearly as taxing on my system to quit that way, and i also find my cravings aren't that bad either.

quit last year cold turkey dont talk shit faggot.
Even quit hash and tabacco at the same time.
Just dont be pussy

You're a pussy just stop
The physical cravings will be gone in 3-7 days

You know when you go to the shop and buy cigarettes? Don't do that.

Seriously, I smoked for over 10 years, and it worked for me. I realise everyone is different and it can be very difficult, but simply just saying one day "no, fuck this, I'm not smoking anymore" and simply going cold turkey did the trick.

OP here,
Cutting it off tommorow.
I get that part about not being a pussy etc. I just know that overcoming addiction isn't easy and I would like to use every possible tool which can help.

Smoke weed instead srs

im this guy

Dont do it OP

I haven't fully quit but I cut out the cigarettes I 'needed' and just kept a limited amount of the ones I really enjoyed. Went from half a pack a day to less than 1 a month, nowadays I only smoke when I drink, do cocaine/xtc or after sex.

I am currently 2 months cigarette free after smoking for 10 years(last 2 years were 1,5 pack a day). During the 10 years, I tried to quit twice, failed after a month or so both times.

Now if you didn't I would recommend book Allen Carr Easy way(or something like that), but I think that works only for the 1st time(which should be enough) but if you already did that it won't work the second time...

Beside the book which really can make quitting easy my tips would be: You must really want to quit, not just think you should, every smoker kinda knows he should quit, but you really need to start hating that you are a smoker, also time it right I think the withdrawal is different person to person(for example my brother was totally ok beside being a bit bitchy) on the other hand I slept about 20 hours a day and felt like shit the other 4(that lasted for about 3 days) So I would recommend some vacation time when you don't need to do shit. And last advice is prepare yourself that there will be discomfort, it's gonna suck for the first 10 days, worst will be the first three days, it will get better but you need to accept that you will feel like shit, helped me at least

Yeah and forgot the obvious, stay the fuck out from alcohol I think like 50% of relapses are due to alcohol so don't drink for at least a month, don't go to bars etc. where people smoke and you can get the genius idea "I will take only one"

Post pic of ur body, if you not bigger than arnold u a pussy

Step 1: Don't smoke cigarettes
Step 2: You're done

Woooow that was hard.

>b-but I'm gonna feel sick for a few days

Well poor you. Don't be a fucking baby.

I'm on day 8 smoke free, went from a pack a day and have been smoking for 5 years. Cold turkey is the way forward it's definitely getting easier now and it's on been a day over a week.

No worry, I hate weed

My story.... Three years clean... I knew it was TIME too rid the nasty habit, after multiple attempts cold turkey I figured I had to plan.. I used LSD to quit.. I watched a bunch of cancer videos while tripping.. Tht put me in the mindset to stop.. I also had a revaluation that I needed to stop one habit in order to quit.. Tht habit was the physicality of lighting up n inhaling.. So I started chewing tobacco for 60 days.. Then did more LSD this time watching videos of mouth cancer.. That ultimately had the same effect and I stopped chewing.. 3 years clean n not looking back

Cigarettes raise test and keep you lean. Don't due eet!

Quitting cold turkey isn't terribly difficult. If you survive the first 2 weeks, you'll make it.

i agree with this guy, better to quit smoking cold turkey instead of prolonging the cravings by smoking smaller doses than your body's used to
smoke a last one or even a pack, focus on the bad things about it, see how it doesnt really feel all that good, and go on with your life
the cravings arent THAT bad, you can do it

If you can't just stop doing it, you're a weak human being and should probably keep smoking so you die quicker and rid the earth of your shitty genetics.

Stop putting cigarettes in your mouth and light them up, lol. What are you fucking stupid?

Realise that the final boss in ciggie world 2000 is of jewish decent. Only then can you truly over come the nicotine river mountain fever.

>wanting to quit
Enjoy your diminished mental capacity.
Enjoy your fat and diabetes.
Enjoy becoming an obnoxious ex-smoker taliban.

Just smoke less you pussy.

Maybe try ecigs? It isn't REALLY quitting, per se, but it's something. For me, I wasn't very addicted to the nicotine, but I'm addicted to the action that is smoking, and what's more, I really enjoy and like it. I might look like a faggot to people using an ecig, but it keeps me from smoking the real deal, and you learn not to give a duck because I'm not doing what I do for other people.

Hope you didn't fall for the smoking gives you cancer meme.
You'll gain weigh due to the decrease in your TDEE and you'll feel sluggish and slow. It's not worth it desu, just increase cardio and reduce the amount of cigs you smoke if you feel like it's getting to you.

This.
When you realize looking "cool" is just funding those sneaky jews, might give you more incentive to stop, or at least grow your own baccy.
From personal experience, I was smoking 15 to 20 ciggies a day before i stopped, I got a vape from a work friend for our secret santa, and just started using it and loved the convenience of being able to puff away while lying in bed and not having a mouth that tasted like shit, so one day I thought might as well stop ciggies and just do this.

Soon after, I upgraded my vape and loved the nicotine hit and feeling of getting so much vapour, really satisfied my cravings. The great thing with vaping was that I was constantly reducing the nicotine % up unitll the point where I was smoking just one ciggies worth of nicotine a day which was a real motivator. After a couple months of vaping all the vape stores in NZ ran out of a specific coil I needed for my vape and the wait was about 2 weeks till they restocked, at this point I figured I might as well stop vaping and I did.

Shit just remembered as I'm typing this, up unitll a couple months ago when I quit blazing I was having "chop" cones every day multiple times a day, chop cones are bongs with some tobacco mixed with the weed, which is common in NZ, my ratios were about weed 70% baccy 30%.

Either way, good luck user, I was really surprised with how easy it was to go from smoking 15 ciggies a day plus chop cones to going to just chop cones, stopping blazing was nothing compared to stoping smoking, and stopping smoking wasn't that hard at all.

>i want less test

fuck off retard

I quit last year. From one day to another

Smoked 12 years.

I just prevents me from getting bored and did a lot of bodybuilding every fucking day.

Champix will help you quit. But it's a fucked up drug that makes cigarettes taste like herbal cigarettes by shutting off the chemical reward response for satisfying your nicotine craving. Also people tend to commit suicide taking it apparently.

I used champix once for 2 weeks and I quit for 3-4 months, but it will not help you with a relapse. Quitting alone without drugs will do that. Patches were no good for me. You actually have to endure the withdrawal like a big boy and accept you brain feels like you're grinding your teeth for 2-3hours /days at a time until eventually cravings just fade to nothing. When your dog dies, you're out drinking at a bar with smoking friends, your sister gets diagnosed with cancer or your girlfriend cheats on you and you find out your son belongs to a mcdonalds employee from a drive thru from your first holiday together... these are the times you'll find out if you've truly quit.

When I did quit it was from vaping for 2-3 years and tapering to nothing and stopping completely. No one gives a fuck about you quitting until you've quit. my mate stopped vaping for a week about 6 times. Finally he told me he stopped for 2 weeks and I just ignored him. I asked him last week expecting he had relapsed but I noticed the last 3 times i've seen him he never used the thing and he's stopped nicotine for almost 3 months now.

I moved over to dipping for a while. I don't recommend it.

Anyway, I went from a little under a pack a day to 1 pack per week. Then moved to dipping pouches. Dip is waaaay stronger than cigs, so I immediately got hooked and ended up using maybe 3 cans per week. After a while, I started counting how much I was dipping each day and lowered it little by little. Now I'm at 1 can per 2 weeks about.

I think I'm at the point now where I could just stop altogether, but good god if a nice dip after a filling meal doesn't feel amazing. Plus, now I don't always smell like smoke and it's much easier to hide.

There is no trick other than the pure desire to do so.

I quit the beginning of my senior year of college on a $50 bet. Met a nice girl, stopped doing drugs, quit drinking to excess (IE, prevented killing myself in the long run).

Never saw the $50, but hey. Find a reason to quit. You're allowed to fuck up here and there, but mostly the purpose is to cut down until you're done smoking. Period. If you need to take time off of work, do it. Smoking is terrible.