pastebin.com/pjMQQ46m

At what time do all the qts run?
Pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

strava.com/athletes/15752364
strava.com/clubs/fitizens
thetubewaistband.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Around here, usually at noon. I think it's to avoid all the illegals during their nap time.

What's everyone running in atm? Need a new pair of shoes desu

I have a Mizuno Wave Catalyst pair. Got it for cheap at a race last year.
I'm not sure i'd recommend them though (I did log more than 1000km on those, but that's just cause I'm cheap). I'll probably get something else soon.

I don't own sneakers, at the moment I'm either running bare foot around the park or light jogging around the hills in my ridgeline apaches/red bands.

Five Fingers atm

ever thought of just using some cheap crocks for cardio it may sound strange but maybe if you want a cheap alternative

I see the best cardio bunnies from around 8-10 am at my fav lake

7-8

>tfw wagecuck

Flyknit racers or type a6 on race day and Supernova boost for every day runs

I graduated C25K last week, now working up to a 10k with another app. I only run on hilly terrain, does that mean my times will get faster if I ran on more level ground?

Probably but I don't think it will be anything significant.
You will of course perform better in a hilly course compared to someone who only trains in flat terrains.

>I either go 0% or 100%
Great meme

Fuck me.My toes are swollen for running too much.I can't even walk on them because they hurt so bad.I always had that "you're not hurting, you're just a pussy" attitude so I kept going for a week with bad toes.Now I walk like the crippled faggot from Breaking Bad.

DONT FALL FOR THE TOERUNNING MASTER RACE!!!
And don't overwork.

How do I know if i'm overworking? I have this weird pains sometimes randomly when I'm walking or at the beginning of a run. But after a couple kms, everything seems to go away.

What kind of shoes/socks do you wear? I run on my toes/front part of my foot and I only ever get maybe a tiny, ignoreable blister, if anything.

these are really nice. i picked them up for like $40 and never looked back. enough cushioning to be comfortable but lightweight and still minimal enough that you almost forget they are there

also the bright color makes me feel fast

Is a 6:30 mile good?
How can I get down too a 5:00 minute?

Asics. Best there are.

Pretty early, I usually find the cuties in my gym around 6 am - 8 am before the old people get there and 12 hours before the savages bro groups start showing up. I have one show up duing Veeky Forumsizen hours (11pm-12am) which is always nice

Wanna get started with running, what is the best way to track distance? my smartphone is too big and expensive and i don't want to buy a gadget if i don't know how committed i am

autism

80 mile a week & loving it

if you run trails at all don't get nike frees, the soles are shit and get rocks lodged in them.

literally buy a cheap smartphone. If you look around for a week, you could find capable phones for

How big is big? I got an LG G3 which is pretty big and I use a tube belt to carry it. I got one with zippers so it doesn't fall out and the band keeps the phone flat to my body so it doesn't flap around.

Run faster be lighter. strava.com/athletes/15752364

>FAQ
>Land with your feet and push off naturally
gee thanks

I finished C210K and bit unsure where to go next. I want to make building muscle my priority, but I still enjoy running dammit. Could anyone point me towards a routine/rough plan where I could run 2/3 times a week without it interfering too much with the weight-training?

Fuck lifting train for a marathon

Reminder to join unified autism
strava.com/clubs/fitizens

Joined I will own this group every week :D

Nice flat parkrun desu. May have to visit it for a run one weekend

Gimme kudos

But I just want to be a big guy

just bee yourslef

Don't be a beg, might give you a follow though. Good times mate, how you find barefoot, I can never get on with it, fucks my calves

Takes time to adapt I've been running on my forefoot for a year this puts stress on the calf's and they get stronger

Yeah, I need to build up milage slowly I guess. My local parkrun is hilly as fuck, good to shake off the hangover though

Also I ran in minimalist trainers for a long time

What's your parkrun

>IT band syndrome
how to fix
how to recover from this pain

Get a foam roller roll it every run

Harlow

Fuck being a big guy, train for ultras

how 2 stop side cramps when running?

Don't eat heavy before
Avoid milk, sugar and protein before a run
Let the food digest for 2-4 hours before go running
Eventually the pains will go away when you get used to running

>Don't eat heavy before
I know this but
>Avoid milk, sugar and protein before a run
ayo hol up so what should I eat before exercising?
I've been eating a banana like an hour and a half before running, is that why I get side cramps?

No banana is good
Things like oatmeal, pasta and the like are good too
But it's up to each individual what works best, but how long have you been running now?

>but how long have you been running now?
On and off for about 4 months.
But I have been running regularly for about 3 weeks now but near the end of my runs I always get a very annoying side cramp.
I run about 3 miles a day(3-4 days a week), 1.5 miles uphill and 1.5 miles downhill.

I just got rid of my side cramps that I used to have all the time, and it just kinda went away after running regularly for about a month. I've been running for a while and just got back from a long break so, if they sustain it's probably diet I'd guess

G4, the fuck is a tube belt?? all i get is sanders and crohn's disease bags

but tennis balls are like lime green

Of course. Where I live is very hilly so when I race or run somewhere flat I can go much faster. Hill training/repeats greatly benefit your running even if you mainly race on a flat course.

It's much hillier than where I and probably you live but I know someone who lives in the Italian Alps and his average running pace is 9-11 minutes a mile because most of his runs are up massive hills and mountains. He did a 10 mile run the other day at a pace of 10:50/mi with over 3,600ft of elevation gain, yet he did the London Marathon this year at an average pace of 5:54/mi.

Yep. Everyone one knows if you want to go fast you have to wear colourful trainers. My normal training shoes are blue but my racing ones are bright yellow and orange.

The standard thing that results from overworking is stress fractures, which get worse during your run, not better. The only kind of injury that I've had that gets better as you get warmed up are muscle problems, which are typically problems with stretching, over-striding, etc. Most people can do just about any amount of milage as long as they work up to it. just don't ramp up too fast.

what is good depends on where you are. 6:30 is good in a room of average people, but not so great at the olympics. all depends on context. You're probably around the 80th percentile of an average fun run 5k group.

In terms of getting your time down, it depends on whether your goal is to be a good miler in particular, or if you just want it as a gauge for being a good distance runner in general.

For the former, you probably want to get to 20-30 miles per week or so, and then start doing interval work. I can give you examples if you want them.

For the latter, get your milage up, do tempo runs, fartleks, the standard stuff. if you're not specifically training for the mile, it'll take you longer to get there.

plan your route beforehand with a route plotter. plotaroute is a personal favorite.

HELP

I get shin splints while running, especially if i go up hill. I think my hips are tight, but I have no idea what is causing it.

Any tips?

there are some pretty muscular short/mid distance runners. I'm not convinced that milage messes with muscle building, but even if it does you could shift your focus to be a little shorter

I had some IT band problems and strengthening my hips helped a lot. for example:
one legged squats and make sure your knee doesn't buckle inwards
band around knees, lie on side, and raise upper leg
band around knees and crab walk

how is your breathing? Do you hyperventilate when you run?

Irregular and shallow breathing can especially lead to a side stitch. Breathe in two steps and on the third step breathe out to increase even deep breathing.

pretty sure protein is necessary before a run. my standard pre race diet is some protein and some carbs 2.5 hrs before, for example a bagel and lox or a power bar and some bread. works pretty well for me.

this - thetubewaistband.com/

I put my phone in the middle pocket wear it so the middle pocket is in the front not the back.

If it's feasible, use an ice bath after most runs. the other solution I've seen is to put some water in a dixie cup, freeze it, peel of the paper, press hard to shin and go up and down for 5 minutes at a time, 2 times a day.

what do you guys think of treadmills? obviously they do the pacing for you, which removes a large mental aspect, but is it different physically? does your stride change while you're on it?

I like running outside better, but on vacation and stuff it's not always feasible.

just did my first jog in 10 weeks after coming back from a tibial stress fracture

1.8 miles in 19 minutes

feels good man

i go way slower on treadmills and mentally it is harder to go longer distances. Same thing with biking, i think it's just depressing to endlessly run or bike with the only progress as numbers on the screen.

Obviously I still run on treadmills when i have to, but i notice that i prefer to go outside.

>50-52 resting bpm
Haven't been running for almost a year now, but I have been actively lifting free weights. Is this kind of bpm so long after active cardio normal?

Is it true that running actually kills muscle gains? Does running do anything for the aesthete?

If you run too much it fucking up your test

>Irregular and shallow breathing can especially lead to a side stitch
I'm that user you were originally responding too, and you were right, it was the irregular breathing.
Went for my run today and focused on my breathing and had no side stitches.
Thanks user.

Guys, I'm troubled.
>at college, start running
>get up to running 5ks, do them about two or three times a week
>take breaks when I'm not on campus for break, get back on after
>go home for summer break
>relax a bit, take a break from running for about 3 weeks as before
>try to get outside and run some more, the weather's beautiful after all
>stamina has decreased by a fuck ton, have to take breaks
>"I'm probably just rusty, I'll be back in shape in no time."
>run again a few days later
>stamina is not better
>if anything it got worse
>jog for less than 15 minutes before I stop and sit down
>feel kinda dizzy, heart hurts a ton... maybe I'm dehydrated?
>hydrate the shit out of myself, try again and time myself this time
>heart feels like it's gonna explode, I take an ungraceful break on the side of the road
>an old lady pulls over and asks if I need help
>can't run for more than a couple minutes at a time after that, had to walk all the way home in the hot weather
So, anyway, I mentioned this to my dad, who knows a thing or two about medicine, and he said that I ought to see a doctor and have a stress test done or something. I've scheduled an appointment for tomorrow. But isn't it normal for one's heart to hurt when they're doing cardio? It's like any exercise, just with your heart instead of the muscle. I don't get what's going on, and the fact that I can't run when I'm stressed out right now, well, it stresses me out even more. Has anybody else experienced heart trouble that seemed to give them trouble while running?

Can I build decent legs by running long distances? I have fond memories of being a long distance runner in middle school. Anyone have an idea how much I ran back then? This was 2007 and 2008.

I'm a little afraid to start training for running.

I was thinking about training for a walking marathon, and if that goes well maybe move up to Couch to 5K.

Is that reasonable or am I just a pussy?

>Is that reasonable or am I just a pussy?
You're just a pussy.
Start running user, it's gonna be hard at first but you'll get used to it and once you do, ya gotta train harder.
We're all gonna make it brah.

I can run 1.5 miles in 8:54 and 5 miles in 35 minutes. Have I cardio made it?

Close user, but 1.5 in 8 is pretty bad. Try to focus on going sub 7

The goal is >8 atm. I'm going for SF and they say if you can do less than 8 you're well above recommendations.

h-how am i doing?
4th day running, tried my hardest
got new shoes today, will post

copped these today. much better than running in puma classics, got a mile farther than day before. cheap, comfy, inoffensive design

No bad for a beginner, if you push hard you'll make it. Also go for 3 miles since it's a pretty standard time and you can figure out how good your progression is compared to other people.

thanks, sounds good

think so. i know cycling has really helped me

How long desu? I'm and run long distances pretty often and I have decent legs but that comes from squatz

what are they?

asics

gt1000 5 in onyx black colorway to be exact. usually i wear a 10.5 in sneakers but had to get them in 11.5

I dont wear shoes

sick rec brah copping a pair