Should I start by losing fat or gaining muscle?

Should I start by losing fat or gaining muscle?

Lose fat.

LMAO what the fuck do you think? jesus

At your size you can do both

Become healthy
Lift heavy and eat natural whole foods. One day you'll have a lean muscular body.

nice nippies

> start lifting
> eat healthy and at a caloric deficit

it isn't that hard to figure out what you should do, just fucking do it you fat piece of shit.

So I should start by cutting and not bulking.
I'm 252lbs and 6'2''

killing yourself...
Damn... sorry mate, envy /hungryskelly/ of all this fat you have. Just, give it to me mate!!!

This is a blue board.

nah bro exclusively bulk ASAP. gotta eat big to get big

You've bulked enough. Start cutting.

>252lbs and 6'2''
>asking whether to bulk
please be a troll

OP here, I'll start cutting.
But I thought if I lift weights and cut I would get smaller muscles, because they aren't getting enough to rebuild.

This is what peak performance looks like

Nice tits OP. Do you shave or are you just 100% hairless?

>wanting fat instead of muscle

your body has like 100lbs of excess to "rebuild" anything. lifting and cutting at the same time is ideal, just lift while you lose weight.

>mfw these are the guys making height threads

Fucking a. Eat plenty of protein while doing a beginner program while eating at deficit. You will gain muscle. I promise.

Don't you manlets have somewhere Else to be?

this is gold

You cant build muscle from excess fat, god Damn it.. these are the people giving advice on fit

At least I'm not a manlet

shoo manlet, shoo

You've been bulking for the past 5 years fatty. You just forgot to lift.

read the sticky
also google noob gains

Gain fat and lose muscle trust me

Thanks user, it could be worse like pic related.
So I'll eat less and workout.

So if I'm overweight like OP, is it recommended that I start lifting and eating at a caloric deficit until I get to less than 15%bf and then I can start bulking?

All those burritos and enchiladas

Hahahah

read the sticky you fat lazy fuck

You'll get noob gains for awhile if you lift and eat at a deficit.

lol you're as big as my fridge

High jacking thread because I don't want to start my own.

I haven't touched a wright in almost a year and decided I don't want to be gross anymore. Would it be possible for me to get to 15%Ishmael body fat by mid August with good diet and exercise?

>girl on the right
>that "i wouldn't fuck you for any possible reward or reason" expression

nah gotta bulk asap man.

Eat as you normally do. Or go slightly less. At that bodyfat you'll both gain muscle and lose fat at the same time.

Mid august? Maybe. You'd need to cut hard. Maybe pick up a combat sport as well, as that can burn 1000 calories depending on how hot the gym is if you really work it on the days you go to classes. Plus it'd build a bit of athleticism that would help you in lifting.

It would take some crazy fucking will though. You would need to cut down to like 1.3-1.5 k calories a day and running a LOT. Then you'd have to refeed every other week or so to boost up your metabolism, so you'd eat like 2-2.2k calories.

So you'd need the mental fortitude to not fucking start eating everything again after you refeed.

>hijacking thread
This isn't reddit m8

And I honestly don't know but just read the sticky and remember to be very, very strict on your diet and eat at a heavy calorie deficit if you wanna lose weight as fast as possible. That's pretty basic info tho

Everyone says to cut, but nobody says how or what to do.

As being fairly experienced, and to consolidate a bunch of stuff that most people would otherwise not read (the sticky), here's a good starting cut program:

Diet:
- First 2 weeks hardcore keto diet. This means 0 carbs. None. It's difficult if you're not used to it, but no carbohydrates (bread, sugar, rice, etc.). This will kickstart your weight loss and you will lose a ton of water weight too. Usually 5-15 lbs in these two weeks depending on variables.

For those 2 weeks:
- Morning Meal 1: 1 Scoop BCAAs with water. 4+ eggs (hardboiled is the easiest if least tasty way to do this). Coffee if you must, black with 0 calorie creamer only.
- Mid Morning Meal 2: Protein shake (whey isolate only) and 2 tablespoons of natural no-sugar-added peanut butter
- Mid Day Meal 3: White meat (turkey, chicken, white fish, pork) and greens (spinach, broccoli, asparagus etc.)
- Mid Afternoon Meal 4: Protein (whey isolate only) shake and 2 table spoons of natural no-sugar-added peanut butter.
- Evening Meal 5: Red meat (Beef, Lamb, Tuna, Salmon, Venison) and greens (broccoli, spinach, asparagus etc.)

I would suggest a 6th meal if you were more muscular, but you're not and you need to lose a lot of fat.

After the first 2 weeks, it's time to introduce a little carbs. 20g or less a day. Add 1/3 cup of rice to your mid day meal or 1/2 cup of oats to your breakfast, not both. This should keep you in ketosis but give you a little oomph in the gym or during the day. Do this for 2 weeks. So now you're 4 weeks in. 5th week is exciting because you can now add a cheat day once a week to keep leptin levels in your liver nominal so it can keep processing fat. I usually take my cheat day on a friday or saturday so I can stay social.

cont.

Workout: You have to commit to strength training at least 3 days a week and cardio at least 2 days a week. There are plenty of routines out there

Cont.

On your cheat day keep your calories in line with your normal diet, but fuck the macros and eat half a ruben sandwich and fries. Make sure to have your most difficult workout line up with your cheat day. Continue the 20g or less plus keto diet, and incorporate a cheat day once a week.

2 weeks after that, so week 6, introduce a fast day. You fast for 24 hours. I find dinner to dinner to be the easiest. Incorporate a fast day every 2 weeks.

COntinue this until you are happy with your weight. Set a number goal. Don't take your eyes off the prize, get to that number. Then decide if you want to continue or now bulk.

Workout: You have to commit to strength training at least 3 days a week and cardio at least 2 days a week. There are plenty of routines out there, but try to do as many compound movements as you can. Including the big 3. Bench, Squat, Deadlift. If you can, I strongly encourage pullups/lat pulldowns, bent over rows/seated rows, and dips. Also, don't skip leg day, it's not a meme. Leg muscles are enormous compared to upper body muscles and working them out will really help your hormone response.

awesome advice thank you

if you were to guess what do you think it's at now? 23-24?

cont.

after you get used to your diet, use your cheat days to start experimenting with foods to see how they treat you and start incorporating appropriate ones into your diet.

Any tips for an overweight workout? Running or jumping would devastate joints and the spine or not?

>forgot to lift while bulking

cut, don't listen to these sarcastic fags giving you bad advice. Stop eating fatty

I bet he wouldn't be able to lift an empty bar on keto.

Stfu fascist stop trying to control other ppl fag.

This is just advice, you do whatever the fuck you wanna do.

Why X legs again? Is this a geneteic mark of a fatass?

Oh sh-

scot is that you

start by losing 10 pounds of ugly fat. cut off your head

Got it, thanks.
How long should my workout be?
60 min, 90 min, 120 min?

sticky is down brother

You're fucking lucky that your posture is still good. lose weight fatso.

you should start

something

anything

I'm in the same boat as OP, except I chose diet back in september. I've dropped ~110lbs and am down to 190-193 depending on if i've shit or w/e. I just wanna know when my skin will bounce back, I read that the younger I do it and the more water I drink the better it'll be, but it feels like I haven't started to look normal really. Still all flappy and shit. Any other of you dropped a shit ton of weight and sprung back to normal-ish looking?

Sticky has been dead for a goddamn week you faggot reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee