Be me, 23, 220 pound 5'9" male

>be me, 23, 220 pound 5'9" male
>decide to get my life together for once and go on a diet
>eat 1400kcals a day plus cardio 5 days a week
>lose 70 pounds in 6 months, now 150 pounds and at a healthy BMI for the first time in my life
>have more energy, more productive, less stress, better social life, look like a brand new person
>friends, family, and coworkers all tell me I'm way too skinny (despite having a perfectly normal BMI)
>very good friends have become genuinely angry at me, accusing me of starving myself
>almost everyone I know insists that my lifestyle change is unhealthy and concerning

Why do people do this? I'm not even remotely skinny. I just look normal now, for once. At least once a week someone comes up to me and lectures me on how I just got lucky - that I didn't earn it. That I was way healthier in the past. Physically I feel better in every way imaginable, but suddenly people I once thought highly of treat me like an asshole because of my weight loss.

Can anyone relate?

Other urls found in this thread:

webmd.com/diet/low-calorie-diet
youtube.com/watch?v=Wm7FOO0-6Ps
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ignore them. Put the weight back on in muscle. Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women. Etc.

Exactly the same, i'm in medschool everyone went and tried to diagnose me with anorexia nervosa kek
Now trying to gain the weight back in muscle and everyone is mirin'

miserry loves company. Crabs in a bucket

Congratulations. You're not done yet, now the real work begins. Get cleared during a check up, ignore the haters, and continue living your healthy life.

they are envious because you have showed you have the willpower to become a better man.
congratulations you are halfway through it

Normal weight does not mean average... Not since the 80s which is almost 40 years ago now.

As someone born in 1989... 40 is a scary number.

You lost like 70 pounds quite rapidly and judging from your calorie intake people have hardly seen you eat anything at social gatherings, work place, home, etc. They're just worried of you, user.

Btw are you eating normally now to maintain your weight?

what this guy said, 70 pounds is a LOT to lose in that amount of time, could you please actually post a body pic? i'm not roasting you but i am genuinely sure that you have a lot of loose skin

It's one of the best compliments you can receive.

You are taking what they say at face value, don't do that. Especially not from haters.

People that don't know you won't say that you're too skinny.
The people that have known you, know what you were before.

They are acutely aware of your progress.
They then compare themselves with your progress, and realize that despite all their desires to make progress they are stagnant.

The Ego doesn't like this ugly fact, so it attempts to protect itself.

This results in the minimization of their faults, and a manifestation of faults within you.

You are literally provoking an immune response within their psyche.
You are making it.

It's one of the highest types of mires you can get. Relish it.
And don't give the haters any energy.

Haters will literally try to pull you down to their level, like crabs in a bucket.
Stay above them, and maintain your god-status.

My only advice is to be a benevolent god, use your powers for good.

ROFL
Do you just follow the herd mentality?
Don't follow the trap of the haters, even if they outnumber you; maintain your frame.

I'll humor it.

70 lbs (31.8 kgs) in 6 months; represents a rate of loss = 2.9 lbs (1.3 kgs) a week

It is generally understood that as far as rates of loss are concerned:
0.50 to 1.00 lbs a week = slow
1.00 to 1.50 lbs a week = average
1.50 to 2.00 lbs a week = moderate
2.00 to 2.50 lbs a week = fast
2.50 to 3.00 lbs a week = aggressive

His rate of loss is within the upper bounds of what i would consider a safe rate of loss.

It is generally understood that men should not consume fewer than 1200-1500 calories a day for sustained periods of time; without medical supervision.
webmd.com/diet/low-calorie-diet

He ate 1400 calories which is above the absolute minimum 1200 calories proposed by modern science.

No hate, just appreciate.
The fucker did something you fatfucks dream of.
Taking drastic action, and having drastic results.

My advice to OP:
Focus on dialing back the aggressive cut; focus now on maintaining. Look to the long term now.
Peace

>this thread

It's time to get new friends now user, this happens to many people when they get Veeky Forums or lose weight. It's a weird thing where they probably no longer feel better than you but rather saw you commit yourself to and achieve something so difficult and feel inadequate

ppl don't like to see when others are doing better than themselves, so in an effort to stamp out your ambition to be even better they resort to other methods to make u on their standards again, keep fuckin doin ur thing user fuck those others dumbasses

He doesn't have to ditch them, but he definitely can't let their dumb comments affect him.

If he doesn't have the force of will to deflect these dumb comments then maybe separation is valid. Otherwise, just ignore it.

youtube.com/watch?v=Wm7FOO0-6Ps

this kind of sums it up user

It's actually 5 lbs a month

1.25 lbs a week.

That's it

Can you math?

70 lbs / 6 months = 11.67 lbs a month
11.67 lbs a month / 4 weeks = 2.917 lbs a week

wtf you going on about?

I know that feel OP.

UK fag here, 6'1, was 200lbs at Christmas, down to 165, want to reach 150 full ottermode. Mother is a smothering fat cunt, has been all her life bless her, says she is worried that I am not eating and she's right. Some days I don't, purely out of disgust of my own body. I ate breakfast in front of my dad last week for the first time in months since starting my new job, he said it was good to see me eat a large meal cause I went nuts and had a feast of cereal, toast, bacon, eggs, sausage, tomato, mushroom, beans.

I eat at a constant deficit, sometimes I go mad, sometimes I drink, whatever. It all adds up. I do cardio as often as I can, whereas before I couldn't even run 500m, just the other day did a 10km. Other than that I just do bodyweight excercises sometimes, but thanks to a decade spent sucking in my gut I have a rack of abs, like I said, ottermode.

Why are they worried about me when I'm literally so much better looking, healthier and above all happier than I was before losing the weight. Why can't they understand that I don't have an eating disorder, I'm just sick of being a fat fuck.

This. Also happens when your richer, have a better house or hotter wife.

>5'9"

FUCKING MANLET GET OFF MY BOARD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

People do this because obesity is the new norm so not being overweight you appear skinny to them.

I am 180lbs at 6'3 and i am not too skinny. Back when i used to be 200ish i had a beer belly and man tits

He is 5'9 why do you tards think that he needs to weight more than 150?

>150 full ottermode
>6'1
Sorry user, but that is skellymode at that height.

People with similar heights can look the same at different bodyweights user. If my bf% was 5 points lower I'd be cut out of marble, admittedly I need to gain some lean mass after I finish losing this weight to round off my shoulders and get some actual biceps but I just want to be able to take my shirt off and look halfway decent.

Also I fucked up my maths, actually 170lbs currently, I look good in a floor length mirror from 6 feet back, any closer and you can start to see a little fat, does a tan fix this?

i'm curious. what was your diet like on 1.4kcal?

Meh either get muscular or drop to 160 but 150 is low for your height.

160-170 is your perfect weight. You just look fat because of poor unhealthy diet and lack of strenght exercise. Dropping to 150 will just make you skinny-fat

>poor unhealthy diet
Low cal, yes.
Unhealthy, not in terms of nutrition.
I eat a balanced diet user, just not much of anything.

>gain some lean mass
Yeah this is what I would focus on at this point. Good on your for losing all that weight, but now you should be hitting the gym hard if you aren't already.

A tan helps bring out definition you already have, not sure about it covering up a bit of fat.

One fear I genuinely have is if I start to bulk, will I just get fat again? Seeing how far I've come makes me wish I'd done this years ago, not sure I could stand going back. I'm at the gym daily, but I mostly do cardio. I'm clueless when it comes to strength training, hence why I visit Veeky Forums besides the odd /fat/ general. When I was 18 and fat, and also funnily enough, about 3 inches shorter, I started a low cal diet but I was also using freeweights and doing bodyweight stuff at home, I didn't lose much but I certainly gained muscle, I thought this was impossible?

How much over maintenance should I eat for lean gains anons? Ideal body, think bradd pitt in fightclub though not necessarily in single digit bf.

Crab bucket.

But seriously, some people might actually be concerned. I used to be around 175@5'9 from age 16-21. This is how people knew me as an adult and they thought this is just how I naturally look. Puffy face, a little stomach; skinnyfat. After I started restricting calories and working out, I went from 175lbs skinnyfat, to 143lbs@11-12% with abs in a matter of a little over 3 months. I didn't get spiteful comments like yours, but there were a few of people who were actually concerned and told me my face looked tired and hollow. Now during my first bulk, currently at 168lbs, nobody is concerned anymore but I've got some compliments for my chest, shoulders, arms and back despite being tiny and weak by Veeky Forums standards.
>tfw normies think 15" arms are big

>tfw normies think 15" arms are big
There is hope for me yet

>at 12% bodyfat (Self diagnosed of course) I look like a greek statue while phil heath has to drop to 5% bodyfat to attain it!
>at 150lbs 6'1 i won't look like a holocaust survivor with a muffintop

the delusion of the average nattycuck.

Bulking (IMO) is a meme; just make sure you get enough protein. Keep your diet the same for the most part other than more protein. Don't increase your calorie intake unless you notice an inability to recover. Feel it out a bit and adjust accordingly.

Swap lifting with cardio for your gym sessions, and do a full body 3 days a week to start.

I have no diea what natty means, I'm too new. At 150 I might look skinny compared to autistic gym fanatics, but to normies, hopefully I'll look trim and athletic. To be completely honest I'll probably become satisfied with my looks maybe at 160, who knows. Might just be me thinking I need to lose that much weight considering where I've come from. If you're right and I look like a holohoax survivor, then I'll dedicate a thread to you and start encouraging other fats of the true way.

I say bulking I just mean the opposite of losing weight. My diet is low cal though, I would have thought that I need to be eating at least maintenance if not 200-300 calories over to be getting some results.

Natty = Natural (Not using roids)

I know what you mean by bulking. Don't get too caught up in the details yet. Just focus on finding a lifting routine and get into the habit of doing it. Adjust your diet accordingly as you settle into the groove.

Noted, cheers mate.
I'll ease myself into a strength routine, mix up some different presses and freeweights with some callisthenics, swap up some of my runs and bike sessions for the pool, start eating more and see where it goes. I could never get behind religous calorie couting like some of the behemoths do in /fat/, I enjoy reading the signs my body gives me.

Thanks again, user.

Just make sure you incorporate these exercises:
Deadlift
Squat
Bench
Overhead Press
Row
Pullups

Don't be afraid to use machines if you need to build up some strength to start with if need be (ie. Shoulder Press machine for Overhead Press, Lat pull down machine for Pullups, etc.). Again, better to gradually work your way into the lifts than to rush them and risk injury do to lack of strength/poor form.

Feel free to keep in the cardio as you mentioned, but you might find as you start lifting more, you'll be a bit more sore on those off days to start.

Good luck.