/plg/

/plg/ - powerlifting general

powerliftinggeneral.com

>strongman as OP photo edition

Post PR's, routines, form checks, meet results, schmexy lifts, etc. No Dubs or gets allowed.

Remember OHP is not IPF approved, and long femurs are the underactive thyroid of lifting

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/qpt3dH
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for having a wank

Benni is such a sexy lad.

Not confident enough to show video of my shit lifts, but are these decent?

120 kg /264 lbs bench
190 kg / 418 lbs squat
235 kg / 518 lbs deadlift
78 kg / 171 lbs bodyweight

Been doing powerlifting 3 years, with some bodybuilding exercises on the side, but i do not know if my progress has been good.

Height?

Cut down to 74kg and you could respectably compete. I mean don't expect to place at nationals unless you're from some irrelevant country, but those are definitely nice numbers for that weight.

A 1200 total ain't too bad at your bw. Almost a 380 wilks if you got that in comp.

And if he cut down to 74kg his wilks would be 392. Didn't Isley go to worlds with a sub 400 wilks?

Manlet

Powerlifting is a meme.

tru. and his doggo is a qt

As long as you are a manlet that isn't too bad. You're between two classes though, you should pick one and stay at around that weight if you want to really compete.

Id say 78 is low enough for him to water cut down to 74 pretty easy lad

H-Hey!
I'm aiming for a gold medal and/or a national record in my class. Junior 74 kg

The national records are currently 140 kg bench, 200 kg squat, 245 kg dead, 545.5 kg total. My best squat being 190, deadlift being 235, and total being 545, i think i might be able to pull it off, if not i'll come back to this board and cry about it.

good luck lad. what country?

>those national records
You live in Belgium, or some other estrogenic country?
Not trying to shit on you since it'd be cool for one of the spergs here to medal, but it's equally revolting that some dude training for 3 years can have national records within his reach.

this post trappy chan

Norway.
For some weird reason, this nation produces monsters in the female classic and equipped department + equipped male department, but anyone under 83 classic is virtually unnoticeble in the powerlifting scene

Yes. Junior world's though. Unless you also want to use that against his EQ bench comp too.

I renew my question.

I have read convo of two advanced powerlifters speaking about not dling more than once every two or three weeks (conv or sumo). Rather than that do RDLs, rows, shrugs, pullups - all assistance stuff for them. Like you build your RDLs and check conventional on pr day

is your question whether you should do that to? usually advanced lifters do low freq programs because at the weight they lift its really taxing. doesnt really apply to bby weight lifters

How old are you, and are you in a club?

yea but my problem is, I can squat all I want and I wont be taxed and I can dl 1x a week hard and im like fuck me i want to die next die so tired

mfw not build to deadlift

I kind of feel the same, but when it comes down to it our problem is caused by under recovery and just not trying hard enough t b h

20 years old, joined a club 2 years ago

Remember when Candito used to upload videos? ;_;

Im sleeping atleast 8h, counting macros eating surplus how can it be caused by under recovery?

I can go to gym and do my shit after hard dling day but I feel tired and cant really focus when I need it

fuck u dls reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

also my dls are raising only if my squat is rising, if squat stalling dls saying fuck you

What the hell happened to burrito?

So you'll be attempting the records at Nationals in medio October?

Are you a t-rex or what?

Haven't qualified for nationals yet, will have to compete in regionals first.

Hopefully senpai Dietmar picks me out for the national team if i can catch his eye

>squat 5x5 or to peak set of 5
>6x5 jeffersons
that's all i do on leg day other than some ab wheel work and some chin ups. should i add more hamstring work? i'm tired af after, but as of right now idk if my hams are getting enough focus.

Maybe.
What are you, a cop?

Yea but you signed up for regionals, right? Surely you'll qualify when you pretty much have the record in the bag.

Signed up the minute it was announced

Stating to realize i look like shit, not sure what to do.

Im not small but i am carrying a lot of fat that makes me look like shit, and my back and chest are big compared to my arms which are 16". And due to being fat my waist has got much bigger so my v-tapers is shit.

Im 100kg 5ft11 20%bf, how can i cut without losing my gains?

Keep training.
Reduce calorie intake.
Adjust training volume if you aren't recovering.

cut 5kg over 2-2.5 months, then stay at maintenance for 1.5-2 months, then diet down another 5kg over 2-2.5 months. the trick is to break from your diet before it starts heavily affecting your recovery ability, but without regressing. the recomp phases are there to let you recover entirely and possibly make a little strength progress. once you're down to 12-13%, stay at maintenance until you're ready to lean bulk

He supposedly is about to comeback to jewtube according to his ig. I doubt it tho

Practice commands and don't screw up, and I'll watch you smash the record when Nationals roll around.
Go to the drive, download Reneissance Periodization.

No chance you look that bad at 20% bf

Your arms are fucking tiny though

in which folder is it?

Under the Diet page in the Drive.

Look alright in clothes since my arms are still pretty vascular have a bicep vein, but i have not got much definition with my top of.

Only started training my arms with year, made a big mistake so cutting now i fear i would be DYEL.

Thank you

discord.gg/qpt3dH

>page six
Gentle bump with Gemma.

Anyone read anything interesting lately?

Opinions on beltless work? My new coath has me doing my accesories beltless and ive never really bought into the beltless meme.

It's okay here and there.

I don't like it being more than 50% of main work sets though.

Reading all the shahs men and killing reagan right now. Killing reagan is pretty trash tier, a lot of inaccuracies but reagan gets my dick hard so im still reading it.

Its like 75% right now. Im assuming its cuz im not competing for a few months, we will see how it goes. Ive never done beltless trenning before this

Best variations for raw lifters?
Should I just use the variations from RTS generalised intermediate and project momentum?

Double pause deadlifts are best deadlift variation by far.

You mean deficit deadlifts

The best variations are the ones that target your weaknesses.

I think for most people, it's going to be:
- paused deadlifts to help off the floor and maintaining form
- front squats for helping to stay upright and maintain posture
- some sort of bench variation focusing on the movement off the chest (spoto press, pin presses, etc.)

But, again, if your weaknesses are in a different spot, then those won't do much for you.

view_video.php?viewkey=ph591a5f20a9f70

I like to watch this and pretend it's Sparrow

so what other hobbies do you guys have other then picking up stuff and putting it down?

Running, aircraft, shooting and of course I like to play other all other sports for fun.

Nobody here has only one interest, you aren't proving any point.

pls be for 10 reps after previously doing 2 sets.

im not trying to prove anything, just trying to have some brotalk.

Hubbard back at it again

Most entertaining lifter to watch.
I wonder why he dropped down from the 83kg class. I think he's gonna end up lower in the rankings than last year.

Really nice weight class this. Jap guy, atwood, bakkelund, owen. Nice battles throughout the three movements.

THEY HAVE BLOCKS FOR MANLETS
this is amazing
you can't make this shit up

Wait, is that legal? Wouldn't that make lift for manlets much easier?

You didn't know?
Lifters can request blocks. Midgets like Bakkelund and Fedosienko use them because else they can barely reach the ground, some taller lifters sometimes use them if they train on lower benches and want to replicate that in competition.

>easier
No, you can't arch as much with your feet elevated.

>I wonder why he dropped down from the 83kg class
Maybe because he can. Some can't, like Candito.
His legs wouldn't reach the ground without them. He should be in the special Olympics.

Can't you just put them back more to arch as much?

>failwood
Stinking kilo chaser

There's nobody to challenge Gibbslet in 83kg is there?

If Im able to go to the gym extremely irregularly. Once a week or less often and my core of physical activity is bodyweight shit, how should I approach plg training? I was thinking about simple doing squats, diddlys, ohp, bench and rows everytime I happen to drop by a gym but then again that a fuckload for a beginner probably?

Me in about 3 years.

If you have limited time in the gym and want to do powerlifting, you MUST focus on the squat, bench and deadlift. Press and rows are fine, but only secondary. Rows might not even be 100% necessary if you do a ton of pullups on your bodyweight training.

The s/b/d once a week or less should be extremely high volume in a single session, since you can't spread the volume out over the week.
E.g. 4 working sets of squats followed by an amrap, 5 sets of bench + amrap, 3 sets of dl + amrap. Just a random example, numbers aren't important, just trying to convey the concept.

Probably dropped because he is never beating gibbs or haack

But in the 83kg he might end 2nd or 3rd, in this class he'll end 4th to 6th.

Can I get a form check? I posted my 315 squat last week and was told mostly to keep bar steady, go lower on my squats, keep head neutral, and I think a few people even recommended I get some shoes. I know it's not the best angle because you can't see the full movement but any advice for these squats? I am using the adipower shoes now as well. They are pretty comfy but squatting in them feels so much different. I'm not sure if that's good or bad. I feel like I'm leaning more forward in them and they are harder to move feet around for minor adjustments. Squatting just feels different in them and I'm not sure if it's something I will get used to or if my form improved/got worse?

Am I or the video upside-down?

>this class he'll end 4th to 6th
He has gold in bench though.

I got a new phone and I always forget to record the right way when I solo lift. Or flip the video when I trim it down. Sorry. Pls no bully Australian lifter.

Australia please

Jesus Christ, how do you compete with this? I think he could take deadlifts in 83 as well

It surprises me his squat isn't way ahead of everyone else aswell. He has the midget femurs for it.

I fucking hate Bonica's commenting even more than the Australian woman (who I despise greatly).

Scottish guy + the black dude who doesn't speak english as his first language is a good combo. The saffer girl who commented yesterday was pretty good aswell.

This. She keeps talking about the one guy's hair and how he looks like a "Nord" (when he's a nigger). They don't at all give any insight into the competition.

Why does dietmar always look concerned?

Back at George's junior worlds, he commented with the scottish guy and they actually made the competition interesting. Talked about the histories of the lifters, the mini-competitons taking place (battles for 5th v 6th etc), lifter techniques, ... Made it much more enjoyable to watch.

>Owen stopped doing his Transformers deadlift setup
Bit disappointed desu

That's what we want from commenters, sounds great. Those are the things people like me can't keep up with so we need the commenters to tell us those things and make it more interesting. The scottish guy is a great commenter, was disappointed he wasn't here to comment this week.

He looks far forward despite the short femurs, not at all like the more upright Chinese (ignoring lowbar/highbar differences).

Taylor Atwood is gonna be pissed. After the second attempt he's already 3kg over the total record if not for Bakkelund.

link to meet?

goodlift.ddns.net/live1/onlineside.html

Anybody had tennis elbow or just above the forearm? Can I do my presses with that or is that too much overload for the joint(s)?

Started having dull pain just above the foreram for 2 days, probably was an idiot and overdo culls and other assistance crap.

I had tendonitis when I first started lifting in my triceps/elbow area from benching too much and cutting too fast. I basically just took some tylenol and laid off the bench for 2-3 weeks. Shit sucks but you don't wanna fuck up your shit for even longer.

Just started watching and shit these commentators are shit

Jesus and they're fucking hamplanets

Can't listen to this

Good point, thanks man. I was actually doing Greg Nuckol's 3 times/week bench but my numbers are hilarious (225 etc).

Might focus on the squat and chill out for few weeks

I'm curious. What was your bench before and after the program? I'm trying to find it atm because I'm sitting around 255 for reps and highest I've been is 275 for reps. Would love to hit 3 plates.

they are fucking annoying yeah

What other groups are lifting today?

In a nutshell if you don't hit the required number of reps in the PR testing days, you'll still get around +6 to +10lbs on your 1RM on a monthly basis.

My presses are weak as hell so that's what I did, my monrhly 1RM went up steadily by those smaller numbers. Please keep in mind that I'm not a competitive PLer so this way of progress is fine for me.