Protein powder brands?

I was wondering what kind of brands of protein powder would be best what's Veeky Forumss opinion?

Other urls found in this thread:

labdoor.com/rankings/protein
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

pursuit protein

What make's that one the best? I'm not trying to sound like a dick but i'm not that knowledgeable about what makes a protein powder good.

I use muscle milk mix

pic related

All max

MyProtein. Best value.

no soy

myprotein

don't bother with isolates or hydrolized or any other memes, just get standard whey, pick a nice flavour (chocolate mint, salted caramel are two i like) and get drinking

Seconding this. My Protein has a ton of flavors and good value. Got mocha the other day and it was pretty good desu, but that's the only flavor I can vouch for

Most research shows a casein and whey blend is optimal. Past that, mostly flavor and price matters. JYM, Grenade, and Quest are my three favorites. Most of the time I get Grenade because it has the best sales on BB.com.

I have been thinking about switching to MyProtein and just blending whey and casein myself.

I have the cookies and cream flavor now. Not bad but tastes too sweet; not subtle.
Why not? What makes them memes?

buy the cheapest shit you can get your hands on. some places will put the stuff near/past expiration date for half price. would reccommend for sure, been buying discounted protein for years literally never seen it go bad yet

MyProtein shills back in full-force I see.

Don't get myprotein unless you're flat-ass broke, their stuff has the protons but it tastes and mixes awful

whats you guys take om isosatori's stuff?

You don't need protien powder, if you can get your macros from eating healthy.

Proper meal prep >>> shitty expensive supplements.

People know that but that can be expensive and sometimes you wont stomach to eat so a protein shake is good

Is MP any good? Been wanting to try some for a while. Their protein bars taste like actual ass

I just buy the shit that the girls at GNC tell me to buy.

Did I fuck up?

their protein is the most affordable per g of protein but it tastes and mixes terrible.

you got cucked sunny

I buy the 5lb tubs of Gold Standard on Amazon

You are all wrong. (((Body Fortress))) is the best.

labdoor.com/rankings/protein

Best gram/dollar at Costco.

Optimum Nutrition is my favorite in terms of value and purity for your money. Get Extreme Milk Chocolate or Mocha Cappuccino and enjoy.

Syntha 6 is quite sweet tasting so it's good if you hate the taste of protein. However it has low purity so you're really not getting enough protein while paying around the same as ON.

Isopure is good all around but WAY too expensive. Avoid unless you don't mind wasting money on protein.

Myprotein is the cheapest protein you can get. It's completely barebones in every sense of the word. You can find an 11 lb bag online for about $70 - make of that what you will. Flavors are OK tasting (avoid unflavored it's fucking disgusting) and really clumpy as others have stated - make sure you have a high quality shaker cup or blender if you go this route.

>tastes awful
No it doesn't.
>mixes awful
It does if you don't know how to shake a bottle.

I personally really like the flavor and consistency. I can see how some wouldn't though, and yes the bars are fucking horrible.

Dumb question. I'm new to this and haven't tried protein powder yet. If I dislike the taste can I just make a protein "shot"? As in mix in a serving of powder into as little liquid as possible and down it quickly? Any Reason that wouldn't work?

no
Look up how clean this crap is.
you pay for what you get.

>No it doesn't.
It does, the chocolate is the only acceptable flavor and it tastes like diet yoohoo. It's terrible. The strawberry creme flavor tastes like pepto bismol vomit.
>not if you know how to shake a bottle
oh I guess foaming 3 inches above the water line after shaking for 1 minutes is my fault :^^^^^^^^^^^^)

if you can, just order small things or samples if possible. I highly recommend going against cheapo brands as they have filler, metals, and awful flavor.

Keep this in mind:
- Fruit flavors are almost universally terrible
- Chocolate flavors are almost always a safe bet
- Unflavored is usually gross
- Isolate is unnecessary and overpriced.
- Preference varies heavily from brand to brand depending how how you mix it, what you mix it in, and flavor preferences.

unflavored Myprotein

I really like protein works the flavours are awesome and it seems to blend effortlessly. Can't stand lumpy shakes