Why is the physique so damn important in society ?

Im pretty sure it didnt use to be this way. I've gotten so much shit for being skinny all m'y life it's unreal. Its fucked me up a great deal. Why do people place so much value on appearance?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VTwSSTWfwuM&t=599s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Survival of the fitest

Rather, people have become hyper-sensitive, spineless pussies who can't take jokes or fundamentally meaningless comments in passing, such as yourself.

People like to make assumptions and fill gaps in their understanding of things. They take one glance and write a whole story about you using the way you look.

Used to be like that tbqh, not anymore thankfully. But i was picked on all the time by Girls and boys.

2 people

One
>unkept hair
>over weight
>poorly dressed

Second person
>fresh haircut
>fit
>well dressed

Which one do you think on average makes better decisions, works harder, is a better person?

There's a reason stereo types exist

nice meme grandpapa

I mean, don't you know? Humans in nature are shallow. Sexual selection is a thing. People respect those who seem to thrive in their environment, and weaklings get pushed around because they are easy targets and people are more or less sadistic. You live in a world of wolves, user. Might as well get strong and thrive.

>. I've gotten so much shit for being skinny all m'y life it's unreal.

I believe it's unreal. As in you are making it up. Fuck off twig boy.

Personally, i see it like that quote/image always posted here, basically:

You can't inherit it, steal it, buy it. It has to be earned.

If you slack it shows immediately. So it's proof that right now, you are living well. Not a month ago, not "I'll start in a month". Right now.

>when fags think they're not different than their parents

It should be more important to you. What other people think doesn't matter, you need to want to be strong and healthy for yourself

>Im pretty sure it didnt use to be this way
nigger the fucking Guals had a fat tax

Jesus christ I didn't know that

Welcome to being a human in the 21st century

You are continuously compared with every other human on earth due to the sheer exposer of humans day to day, tv, magazines, internet and every other form of infomation

Be glad you're a man and not a women, who has it infinitely worse.

Once you finish college literally no one what so ever cares about physique. In fact I would go as far to say once the wild fraternising dies down in third/fourth year that it's importance is diluted a lot too. Physique is only really important between ages 18-22. It shows how naive, deluded and autistic a lot of people on here are to think it is some kind of magic pill to getting women.

This is completely false. I am out of college and I still care about mine and others' physiques.

I know we have greater exposure these days to 'ideal' people through internet/tv but don't you think people idolised gods/sportsmen/gladiators/local big men through history too?

>women
>having it worse
>worse
Free everything no one's ever been rude to them in their entire lives even the ugliest women have dozens of beta orbiters check out Petite_nerd on Reddit she looks like a nazi propaganda poster of a Jewish man and her pics have 81k + likes

Because you're an autistic, body dysmorphic weirdo who posts on Veeky Forums. The average person, especially the average girl does not care. I work as an actuary in London and not a single person I associate with is 'huge' you look like a monkey if you're swole in a suit. Getting big is reserved for the poor, lower class. I assure you women do not like those type of men.

>I know what everyone is thinking all the time and can tell you for a fact people do not care about things.
>anyway it's all or nothing, women don't like roid monkeys so they do not care about physique
lmao
keep grasping at those straws, I'm sure one will suit your purposes.

>Why do people place so much value on appearance?
Because humans subconsciously reject ugliness and seek beauty.

>Im pretty sure it didnt use to be this way
People generally took care of their bodies because medicine wasn't as advance as it is today. We also had less fast food chains, less snacks, and most importantly public shaming was still a thing.

>public shaming was still a thing.
only because there was a general consensus of what was good and bad, hat's been slowly worked away since the 60s and this is what happens

>Getting big is reserved for the poor, lower class.
I noticed that, the ''upper class'' dipshits act like any physical activity is beneath them.

>hat's
that's

relativism was a mistake

It's a simple way to show people you have conquered the self, that you are able to make decisions which deny you short term satisfaction in exchange for long term goals. Caring about your physique is a normal part of growing up for both men and women, if you don't care after 14 you are a dysfunctional manchild

lot's of things were a mistake.

Watch this
youtube.com/watch?v=VTwSSTWfwuM&t=599s

Then stop being retarded at once.

/thread

>that cope

it's not, user. get clothes that fit, go to a barber, and learn how to talk to people.

Why do you lie like this.

>that fucking delusion

Girls don't give a FUCK about muscles, stupid gymcels. It's all about FACE, FRAME, and HEIGHT. You don't need to lift one day in your life if you have the GENETICS. Gymcels love to think that girls care about physique while 90% of their attraction is based on genetically determined features. Ugly gymcels are so funny, they think going to the gym is going to get their dicks wet while pic related could have any physique in the world and fuck their mothers, sisters, and girlfriends

If a girl says you are "too big" or "too skinny" it's because you're UGLY

>makes better decisions
Highly questionable, I've met a lot of fit people who were completely retarded.
>works harder
Again debatable.
>better person
Not something that has to do with looks.

One
>Nerd/Geek
Two
>Faggot Metrosexual

Good one user. Makes total sense

The true answer is to stop giving a fuck what people think about you. Accept the consequences that looking like shit will get you treated differently and move on.

Man, even when you have the trio. You have to lift. The top 1% hierarchy man.

oh look, it's that pathetic loser attitude again.
of course a 5/10 won't fuck the same/as many girls as a 10/10 would. however a fit 5/10 will get laid way more often then an obese/skelly 5/10.

you are saying that no one should ever improve themselves.
what's next? if you aren't born rich you shouldn't even try to make money?
i've got one better- since you're born illiterate you shouldn't even try to learn how to write and read -if you were supposed to be able to, you would've been able to do it from birth

Look here, you little shit. I know you were trying to be clever. I appreciate your attempt. I truly do. But did you ever stop to think, while you were typing, whether this was fucking funny? That your casual comment was a big joke and we'd all "Ha ha", "ho ho", or "jolly gooderoo"? I bet you didn't. I bet you did worse. I bet you thought your comment would be a unique mix of transcendentalist/existentialist philosophy which would euphorically awake all the users on this board. Well call me a fucking prick, but I thought this was the dumbest thing you could ever say as grown-ass man.

Here's your (you), you fatherless troglodyte.

As brains and survival skills become less and less important in our society (due to automation), people have shifted their admiration and respect to appearances.

>oh he's so fit, he works hard
>she's so skinny, she eats well
>she's so fat, she is lazy
>he's so skinny, he won't even work on himself

It is, but it's not in the way that you think. It's about being lean and tall with an athletic amount of muscle and a handsome face. Being a musclebound roidhead or a buff manlet won't make anyone treat you better and being a fatass gets you treated like shit.

>women
>having it worse
80% of their body is through genetics and they're set for their prime sex ages.

Normies even shit on me for being Veeky Forums

SOCIETY

THEY HATE EVERY PHYSIQUE

I adore how /r9k/ tries to slip it's propaganda into Veeky Forums territory with their virgin walk, women hate comics and the above roast beef meme. But being pathetic losers contesting for self-pity, they never actually have the guts to adress it directly and instead slide their shit into various semi-related threads or do something equally laughable like OP.

Why is it that I would still eat that sandwich, but I won't go near a girl whose cunt looks like that

>looking good means being gay/metrosexual

NEVER, EVER gonna make it

where is the sandwich from? or how can I make it?

So much projection.