Grip failing

My grip starts to fail on the last set of 5x5 265lbs

I know babby weight. I do double overhand because I don't want to do mixed grip, I find it causes me to compensate with one side over the other and I want to promote grip strength as much as possible.

I only have a 90lbs gripper which is far too easy I can do multiple sets of 10 repitions at that tension. Should I just get a 130lbs gripper or will that be too much of a leap?

hook grip and do more farmers walks. also try chalk

hang on a bar with a fat gripz

deal with your ego and continue double overhand for pure grip strength gains, prolly a good way to avoid eventual injuries further down the line instead of trying to ego PR weight too heavy for you with mixed grips like some of the skinny skeletons I see in the gym.

for PRs, learn to hook grip

hook grip

after my first few sessions using it, I've never had grip issues again.

Start to rock climb, I can hold double overhand non-hook grip with 4 plates for 10 seconds, and with mixed (never learned hook) can hold 6.5 plates for like 15 seconds

switch your mixed grips between sets

Hang with one hand, you wont last half a minute (if you're not an 150lbs manlet)

Otherwise do more double overhand

after deadly work sets, do three singles with 75% 1RM, hold them as long as you can

also 5x5 is fucking retarded, do 1x5 or 2x3
also l2hook

Just do fucking mixed grip.

Also, are you using chalk? That will let you double overhand more weight.

Do grip training separate.

Who is the woman?

This. Do mixed grip for work sets and doh for warmups. That way your lift doesn't stall and you still train grip

Don't deadlift more than you can double overhand

Pretty simple rule of thumb

Use hook or straps for other exercises like Chinups/rows/whatever after your forearms are dead

>Don't deadlift more than you can double overhand
>Pretty simple rule of thumb
Pretty stupid rule of thumb

Eva Lovia.

>5x5 deadlifts as a novice

Straps helped a lot for me to reach new records.

everyone not planning on competing in PL should stay away from mixed grip before they fuck their shit up with suboptimal form

The squeezing muscles used in grippers doesn't really translate to the type of grip used in deadlifts. Your three options which I'm sure you're aware of are; hook grip, mixed grip, straps or keep deadlifting weight that doesn't really train your legs and back in pursuit of grip strength. Hook and mixed WILL continue to train your grip. I started training with mostly hook at 250ish and can pull 440 hook and 315 double overhand pretty easily. Other exercises like krok rows are also great for grip strength, don't let grip be the limiting factor in your deadlift user. Get out there and pull some big weights.

I would recommend hex bar farmer walks. Load that bitch up with 2 plates on each side, and do a "one, two" step forward and back. Keep upper back tight and chest out. The stabilization of movement as you step forward and backward will help your entire grip apparatus improve. A static motion like grippers can only do so much, you need to work your grip stabilization while in motion.

Hex bar farmer "walks" (step forward and back again). They should help you get what you're looking for. Do as many as you can, then subtract 5 reps, and that will be your working rep range for 4 sets. Aim for a weight you can do 8-12 reps with.

Hex bar farmer steps, those should help you.

Liquid Chalk helps alot.

Eva lovia

Good tips thanks