/fat/ - Sweet Dreams Edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
Fat members of Veeky Forums who want to lose weight.

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com/

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

intensivedietarymanagement.com/first-law-thermodynamics-irrelevant/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>new oc comfy fat wojak
fucking awesome OP, made my night

Eh bretty gub OP

Great oc OP!

Thanks lads, I love this general so I had to contribute.

>binge eat 2x my TDEE on Thursday night
>Friday morning, go out and buy shorts because I'm out of clothes that fit
>realize I fit into size 6
>down from 12/14
Mixed feels
How do you guys keep from binge eating? My current calorie goal is TDEE with running and lifting each 3x per week, but even then I can only go about 10 or 12 days before I have a late-night binge episode.

Thanks to you as well!
If you're having problems with binge-eating and you're not legitimately hungry try taking some Melatonin tablets so you can go to sleep earlier.

Does anybody have goal clothes they bought and are waiting to fit into?

was going out for dinner, so thought i'd eat minimal throughout the day. just got back and even with generous additional cals apparently i'm only on 900 cals. like 39g fat and 116g carbs though uhhh

I do, I bought a skirt which I think looks mad cute and I try it on every now and again to see if I can get it pass my thighs/ass. Other than that I have some old jeans from when I was 14 that I can now get on but with a muffin top and potential issues with blood circulation. I'll try them again in another 10lbs.

Have you bought something or considering it?

i have a bunch of them from literally 2-3 years back when i thought i'd lose weight to fit into them. still haven't. those are my goal clothes for now. don't even like going clothes shopping because i only wanna buy stuff when i'm thin, or at least somewhat there.

I'm amazed how much money I've saved from just batch making shredded chicken and brocc+onions. I'm free from the fast-food jew.

Still falling for the smart water meme though.

i'm hoping i'll fit into my 13-14 y/o clothes. they were cute and it'd be nice if i get that slim enough again.

iktf. I can get some old jeans from freshman year on but they are so tight they look like they were spray painted on and it hurts to sit. :o/ . Maybe a bit longer

>smart water
Fucking retard

guys is keto a meme. i can't give up carbs completely, ever.

Just looking at my body before I got in the shower guys to see how much muscle I got under this fat. I'm pretty happy with it. If I can shift this flab on my chest and belly I'll be looking great. Need to work on my arms and abs now. Can only really do one dead hang pull up at 97 kilos, should o do sets of one or do negatives? I really think another 30lbs will get me out of /fat/ 40 max

I just eat a pizza. 800 calories and still makes you feel like a fat fuck.

>800 calories
That's not a pizza

I keep setting weird goals like clothes or something physical. Like being able to do X push ups, fitting into a Large shirt, doing a pull up, then I just fucking blow by them.

When I started a year and some months ago I literally thought if I could do a single pull-up I would have found a good 'balance' of weight and strength. Then I did one at 240 pounds and realized just how little I understood about my body, about being healthy, and being strong.

It tastes like clouds user

Stay fat

keto is a means to increase the efficiency of calories in and out. It is not necessary for weight loss.

A mid-sized cheese pizza has that many calories.

Daily reminder that these threads are terrible and none of you are going to make it.

>no fat person has ever lost weight and became fit, ever

I already lost 10kg.

Stop bullying us bellybros.

They've helped a lot.

Daily reminder that these threads are a good place, and I'm proud of you all for trying to better yourselves :)

I've lost 40lbs since coming to these generals. 40 more to go.

Reminder that if your knees can handle it a big trampoline is some of the most intensive cardio you can do.

Can I just eat something like 100kcal of fish every day? I have a fisherman friend and he gives me a ton of free fish during the Summer. It's healthy, right?

1000kcal*, I'm not planning on fucking killing myself.

Depends on where the fish come from. You'd eat a lot of plastic.

>guys is keto a meme. i can't give up carbs completely, ever.
I've keto and IF, both on top of standard calorie counting obviously... and I actually have no fucking idea. There are articles and videos of some seemingly intelligent people that have done their research saying that CICO is more complicated than "it's thermodynamics/first law". But it's funny, because Veeky Forums on one hand will say "CICO" and then they'll point you to information where when you actually read or listen to it, it says all kinds of shit about how CICO is actually wrong. Main example being that Dr. Jason Fung guy.

I don't know what to think. I will say I've gotten skinny and I'm maintaining now and it does seem like I can eat slightly more calories without gaining weight when I do intermittent fasting, at least 16:8. But I have zero proof.

>keto is a means to increase the efficiency of calories in and out. It is not necessary for weight loss.
What does that mean?

CICO isn't 100% right. Like, you'll most likely not gain 1lb for every 3500 calories that you can't burn.
But the basic principle, as in, eat less than you burn and you'll lose weight, obviously works.

keto just makes you eat more controlled, it's harder to eat more than you burn which makes it easier to stay in your daily caloric allowance.

>CICO isn't 100% right. Like, you'll most likely not gain 1lb for every 3500 calories that you can't burn.
You actually do.

>Tfw hit my goal today
>Tfw down to 219 from 280lbs
>Tfw you've mad it

YOU CAN DO IT /fat/!

Up next, pants shopping.

I have clothes from middle/early high school that fit me again. I was fat when I was 13 too but not like I got to be in college. Other than that I think buying clothes with the goal of fitting into them is a recipe for failure

Could dairy be to blame for my horrible body acne? Seriously I have red bumps on my scalp, boils and such under my arms, on my chest, belly, side, inner thigh, and shoulders. It has caused ugly scarring. I see plenty of fat fucks with clear skin, so what the fuck?

S-so which is it?

This guy seems to think CICO isn't a perfect model:
intensivedietarymanagement.com/first-law-thermodynamics-irrelevant/

I love these smug armchair nutritionists that completely oversimplify things (CICO! IIFYM!) and have a false sense of superiority over the "ketards" and other "sheep" on their "crash" / "meme" diets.

Yes. Dairy, especially milk, can have bad effects on skin, same as chocolate, bread and a ton of other things.
It's best to go see a doctor if it's so bad that it causes scarring.

>drink mild
>get acne
>stop for a month acne fades
>drink kefir for few months
>get acne again
>stop, acne fades
>tried greek yogurt
>got acne again
In my it's almost 100% caused by dairy. It's sucks because I love milk but I don't want to walk around with acne in my 20s

and I should mention, by the way, that I don't think I've ever seen anybody here argue that eating under maintenance won't cause you to lose weight and eating over won't cause to gain weight. Some of us are simply saying that it's way more complicated than plain calories in , calories out.

Just think of humans as machines with an internal battery that can extend itself. The body needs energy to work and if too much energy is applied, the excess energy is saved in the battery. Obviously, this process is not 100% energy conserving (as some of that energy becomes warmth) but it mostly is.

As long as you get the necessary amounts of vitamins, minerals and protein, you can anything as long as you eat less than you consume.

Well he doesn't say it violates conservation of energy, just that the whole CI part of CO is a flawed way of looking at it, because if insulin is high then you have to just use energy from food rather than from fat supplies, which when that runs low causes the bodies metabolism to slow.

FUCK! I can give up sweets. I can give up bread. I can even give up milk. but cheese!?? butter!!?? Goddammit! That kills like at least 70% of all worthwhile keto / low-carb recipes.

Even if it slows down the metabolism, it won't affect your calorie consumption too much.

see you next bread breh

Stop being such a faggot.

My cousin had cystic acne and when he stopped consuming dairy it cleared up. He had been for derma peel sessions etc which hadn't helped. He has always been allergic to egg and cream too so it's not surprising in his case. Just try cutting it either completely out or dramatically reducing the amount you eat and see if it helps. It's really not the same for everyone but worth a try.

Thanks for the advice. Funny thing is I never had issues eating whatever the hell I wanted (always was fat tho) but around 4-5 years ago (early 20s) thats when I started getting horrible body acne and boils everywhere. What - did my body suddenly decide "well...I just don't like dairy anymore."

@Apple

Name - Kiko
Height - 6'0
Starting Weight - 206
Current Weight - 179
Goal Weight - 159
Pounds to Lose - 20
Losertown Goal Date - 8/19/17

@apple

239.61 i also think i need to re estimate a new looser town date??

Just made this. Happy it turned out good!

4oz noodles
6oz chicken
2+ cups Broccoli
Onion
Olive oil
Teriyaki
Frank's red hot

noodles?
>Teriyaki
>Frank's red hot
> chicken

Sorry I get really tetchy about pasta because of my mother. You didn't need all that in there.

I wanted to hit my calories.

Plus fish for lunch. My Macros are golden today!

About fucking time fat fucks posted an oc fat wojack.

CONFESS MY CHILD

Father I got to a 100 pound deadlift, but I just sent my mom to get a coconut cream pie!

I just ate chic-filet because I was too lazy to make lunch or dinner.

>Looking at a box of bbq chicken wings

fuck i'm eating them. I've have about 500 calories today.

I'm undereating and I know it.

Holy shit I just learned something very important.

I've read that when doing keto often people feel horrible so you should eat chicken broth (bouillon cubes) which has a lot of salt and helps.

Anyway I learned that this isn't limited to keto! Increasing your salt on a cut helps you feel better and makes any cravings less of a problem.

Ate Buttered Haddock, French Fries, and a Slice of chocolate cake yesterday

Me too

me too man

I ate fish fried in butter for lunch with no issues because I watch my calories.

See:
All I do is marinated over night in the teriyaki. Then take it out and put a light layer of breadcrumbs. Fried it in butter, so good!

I read 100kg first and I was gonna be like nigga I got some bad news haha, well done, lay off the pie though, long way to go before you got a lift to brag about

Yeah me too, i'll start eating an acceptable amount once I get back to my old Low Weight (15 pounds from now)

Yeah I realize a long way to go. Been sick for so long with ulcerative colitis and psoriatic arthritis that it is taking me longer than most people to there. But we are all going to make it!

>because I watch my calories
I fasted all day before eating that.
Also the haddock was fine, it's just the cake and fries i'm busted about, I didn't get near busting my calories but i'm pretty disappointed in giving in and not just ordering mixed veggies.

What are you supposed to do when you are not feeling hungry but know you should eat something but have nothing good to eat?

Because it helps bind salt, which you lose out on when reducing your carb intake. However, salt also raises your blood pressure. Also chicken broth is tasty af.

Why are you eating if you aren't hungry?

I fasted all day but I'm not hungry. Not sure what to do now. I usually get hungry.

Go smell some food? Imagine the smell of a fresh pepperoni pizza, see the steam escape from the pizza box once you lift the lid?

Why do you need to fast for fish fried in butter? It isn't that much calories. Maybe if you are eating more than 10oz with heavy breadcrumbs.

Yeah of course if you are worried about blood pressure than you shouldn't raise salt. But I'm thinking that if a fat person is cutting, even eating more salt is still lower than what they used to eat.

I think the best thing to do is plan your next meal using the calories you have left that day to eat.

>tfw youll never make it

>fix posture
>lose weight
>wax/trim body hairs
Ask yourself this: you depressed or just lazy? Because winners aren't either of those.

I was intermittent fasting, already had a dinner planned but had a formal dinner sprung on me
And again, i'm more disappointed about chosing Fries and cake instead of veggies but I decided to state the whole meal

>100 pound deadlift
I am a woman, at 5'6'' and 176 pounds, I tried at my boyfriend's home gym (my max bench being like 65 pounds, weak as FUCK) My deadlift was like 115, bro, what?

>used to have homegym
>sold it because money tight
>joined PF
>gosh i never thought id say this
>i miss you dead lifts

How do I alcoholic and lose weight. I can give up any food but alcohol is my social life

6'0 tall, 250 lbs, 1(7)8, been lifting half assed for a year in august, lost 30 lbs, and I'm debating what I should do next. Should I try to build muscle and stay at a slight calorie deficit? Or should I do cardio with mild weight training and a big calorie deficit? I want to end up at alan thralls body type, because even that would be a huge accomplish considering I've been fat since I was about 6.

Nothing but whiskey with protein powder in it

Same here. Have been losing >1kg a week and am now down almost 10kg. If this goes on for 40 more weeks, I could be at a normal BMI.

You still have a shitload of weight to lose before you become normal. I'm the same size (184cm) and weigh 2kg more than you and look like the blob.

Can I sub whiskey for gin/vodka?
I only have strawberry whey. Is that gonna be nice?

I just went on a 4 day bender. Like 30 high alcohol beers, two quesadillas and a medium cheese pizza.

Why the fuck did I do that

Is 1500 too low for a blob boy 6'1@245lbs. I've been eating nothing but chicken brocc onion kale eggs and water and I've lost 5 pounds so far. I get fat boy hunger headaches from lack of food but water rides me over enough. I just don't want to hurt my own lardass.

Unfortunately true, asking the best way to go about losing?

I just eat a bit in the morning, a bit in the evening and spend the rest of the time drinking water while doing my usual activities (studying, reading manga, watching movies etc). You can easily lose a lot of weight just by eating a bit less.
I just recently went down 10kg just by doing that. Even ate pizza once or twice a week.

just ate a big ass bowl of chili. Feel like shit but it was so good.