What do you snack on Veeky Forums?

What do you snack on Veeky Forums?

Pic related, I eat a lot of homemade popcorn. Sometimes a glass of milk or tuna rice balls.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escolar
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Mostly oatmeal, because I love me some oatmeal. I also usually have an after-dinner snack that consists of a 400-calorie bowl of seasoned brown rice.

I chow down on no less than 5 CLIF CRUNCH® bars a day.

1st as a pre-workout
2nd post-workout in the shower at the gym
3rd before lunch
4th before dinner
5th right before bedtime

CLIF CRUNCH® bars seriously have delicious flavors for everybody. You can't deny that it's the perfect snack that hits all the key macros with the protein you need to get big.

Never had a Clif Crunch bar, they're pretty good I'm going to guess from the fact you have 5 a day?

Rice crackers with some cheese or paprika are great for a low cal snack too

Ever tried Combat Crunch bars? I used to snack on those tasty mofos all the time during my cut. Delicious.

Grenade carb killer bars when I have them

Nope. I've not seen most of these in my local shops. Might order some online though

Yeah, man, give em a shot. I used to just order mine on Amazon. All the flavors are good, but my favorite is the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.

That sounds tasty as fuck. Might order some later, at 20g protein a bar you can't go wrong.

This is how I survived college.

Yeah, they're pretty well-balanced. I used to use them to tide me over between meals when I was on a really big deficit. Now that I'm bulking, they're just not high enough in calories to make them worthwhile to me, so I haven't had any in a while. I'll be picking up some more for my next cut, though!

Most of the time either a fruit, or nuts/mixed nuts, or oatmeal+yogurt+cinnamon.

What do you snack on when bulking?
Or do you just eat goku sized meals?

>tfw when this is just one ad
Bravo, OP. Bravo.

Do you have to cool the oatmeal first, or do you just mean raw?

I'm the guy that posted this: I'm bulking at around 4k calories, so my meals are pretty decently sized. I'm either eating a meal or a snack just about every 2 hours, though.

I have a Fuji apple or a 50 calorie cheese stick. I don't "snack", I just use these to put off hunger until my actual meal so I don't binge.

Raw quick oats, then yogurt and let it sit a few minutes, then you can add (optional) some fruit, raisins, chia seeds, flavors (cinnamon powder, coconut or vanilla extract). Don't even need to add honey most of the time.

Cheese sticks are good. As is rice.
I usually only snack to tide me over til meals too, If I really have the urge I make some home made popcorn (around 35 cal a cup) or some rice crackers and gorge on that. Use to be a huge Doritos obsessive before getting in shape, so I guess it's the habit more than the hunger sometimes

I always found it better to simply split up your daily calories into smaller, more frequent meals. Eating more often can make you feel more satisfied. Also, drinking LOTS of water helps with feelings of fullness, too. Even if it's just the habit coming into play, the smaller/frequent meals should work.

Fucking pickles. Homemade.
Pickled celery is got because its not bland like nornal celery and pickling brely adds calories, i pickle ginger too, use a mandolin to make thin strips. Other than that i dont wanna do too much like garlic or anything else because my breath will suffer, and normal cucumbers are boring. Ive sone apples and pears but the reason i started was so i could gorge like a fatass and mot suffer too much from it and apples have calories

I snack on steamed broccoli

>tuna riceballs
Wait, that's a thing?

Too many calories I need to stop eating these

Yeah man, make a rice ball (google if not familiar), drain a tin of tuna and insert a nice heap of it into the middle of said ball with your finger or a kitchen utensil.

You can make it around the tuna, but that seems more complicated, I'm a novice chef

Fistfuls of cheddar whales because goldfish are salty shit

Just didn't know people did that.
I don't think I'm used to mercury enough to just snack on that shit though.
That does give me a number of other snack ideas, though...
Shit. Why have I never tried making riceballs?

Glad I gave you some ideas, man
I'm not really sure to what degree the mercury in tuna effects people?
I've always assumed it was fine, use to know a guy who ate four tins a day and has never had any problems.

Wow nice obvious guerrilla marketing faggot.

Cliff bars are disgusting processed shit that are overpriced and marketed in unethical ways on image boards.
Thanks for the reminder.

this. I usually come up short on my calorie targets so a few tablespoons of peanut butter close the gap.

carrots are like 100 calories per pound so they're a non-issue and taste good.

You know, I think I was probably looking at too many random shitty blogs after all.

There's one in particular where this guy says "in retrospect" that there were a lot of strange things going on when he was eating lots of tuna, like his fellow gym monkeys refusing to work out with him because they got paranoid that every little strange thing he did was the result of mercury poisoning, which probably just means they were being assholes more than anything else and he just accepted it.

I really love tuna. But if I eat it more than a few days in a row I just start feeling horrible and tired/cranky, it sucks because I know people who eat it every day with no problem. I don't know if it's salt, of mercury or an allergy or what. So I just stick to chicken and beef.

:(

Where do you get your tuna, user?
Sometimes tuna isn't actually tuna but an ugly fish that tastes the same called Escolar. Its meat has waxy deposits that are hard to digest.
Just a thought?

Mostly this or bumblebee albacore. I've never heard of Escolar, I'm gonna look it up.

Forgot pic

I'm not familiar enough with the brands to know if they're known to mix up fish or not.

A good test though would be to try eating only pole and line caught tinned tuna for awhile. If you feel better, it's probably the assorted other fish (commonly Escolar) that find their way into trawler tuna. If not, you probably just have an intolerance to too much fish.

Holy shit.

"Escolar can be mislabeled in both restaurants and at fish markets. In 2009 tuna samples from sushi restaurants in New York City and Denver were DNA tested. Five of nine restaurants serving fish labeled “white tuna,” “white tuna (albacore)” or “super white tuna” were actually serving escolar.[7] From 2010 to 2013, a study by Oceana, an Ocean preservation organization, tested over 114 samples of tuna, and found that 84% of the white tuna samples were actually escolar."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escolar

I told you man.
Yeah, forgot that it's usually white tuna that's Escolar. Grey tuna is more often than not Tuna.

Sounds like it's worth a try. Thank you kind user.

Well it's not actually grey, but you know what I mean, that pinky-grey colour

It's cool user, always happy to help someone out

What the fuck? That's false advertising...
How does this shit happen on such a scale that 5/9 restaurants either don't give a shit or don't know?

There's a lot more false advertising than you'd think.
a good number of the time restaurants serve the same wine from the same bottle for both their cheapest and more expensive wines. They're counting on power of suggestion and the fact nobody will know any better.

I think most of them don't know. I imagine experienced sushi chefs could spot the difference. I also assume Escolar would be cheeper to purchase if you knew it was fake fancy tuna.

Yeah okay maybe, but this is false advertising that will lead to you being food poisoned.

Looking closer at the article, I guess escolar is easily confused with a number of different fish meat?

Escolar isn't poisonous, can just give you a bad gut if you eat enough of it

*will give you food poisoning if you eat enough of it
But yeah okay fine whatever.
Still sounds poisonous to me. Poison doesn't have to result in death or permanent disability to be poisonous, it just has to basically be like not worth eating.

Unsalted roast cashew nuts. I always struggle to get my fats in and these taste so good.

Home made ~1100cal 90g protein bars

I'd shit my pants off if I calculated the savings

>1100cal 90g protein

Christ, what are they made with?

>homemade
>1100cal 90g protein

FLINTSTONES
MEET THE FLINTSTONES

Mostly pb and protein powder everything else is for texture

I've gotten pretty good I can make them crunchy,even with whole grains, soft and Bready like soft baked cookies, even fruit filled, usually plantains or guava jelly

Don't b guava jelly

This shit is a godsend. A decently sized bowl of this is only around 150 calories. Almost entirely guilt free.

Envy my ATG and balance, filthy murricans, it's all in the seed power.

post recipe mufuka

Boris, is that really you?
Big fan, funny stuff.