Is 6.6 miles a good biking distance for 2-3 hours?

Is 6.6 miles a good biking distance for 2-3 hours?
Keep in mind there were a lot of fucking hills

w-will there be any leg gains?

6.6miles / 2hrs = 3.3mph

The average person could walk that without breaking a sweat what are you doing?

I can bike 6 miles in an hour, what are you doing?

What the fuck. I used to do 12 miles an hour when I biked. Are you fucking carrying the bike you fat bitch

Were you using your hands?

I don't know. I rode 7.2 miles today in 29 min and my endurance is pathetic.

i do 60km in ~2.5 hours... what are you doing man?

My weekend bike ride is 60 miles in 5 hours door-to-door. And that includes a 30 minute sit-down and water refill at the halfway point.

6.6 miles in 2-3 hours is 3.3-2.2milesper hour, a casual walking pace for an average adult is 3.5mph. A geriatric 5' grandmother with a walker could best 2.2mph with no problem.

>A lot of fucking hills

Maybe we're being lost in translation here:
Hills, as in the local bump or two? Or shenandoah valley?

I didnt come here to get criticized you fat fucks. ost of you here cant even bench past 90 so dont come at me

not the kind of leg gains that will make you lift more, but endurance isn't a bad thing. and i mean, if you aren't used to biking up hills they can be a bitch, to the point that you'd be better off walking. how about you keep doing that route and see if you can make it faster?

was there any traffic?

What the fuck man? Even a complete mouth breathing normie should be able to crack 100km in 6-7 hours.

Yes you did. You asked for a judgement call of good or bad in the OP.

What the fuck do you want us to say? "Of course, your majesty, your bike ride will be most astute. Ahuhuhuhuhuhu..."

That's not a lot of miles. That seems to be a leisurely pace.

>a lot of fucking hills

What's the elevation change?

>will there be leg gains

if you're going up a grade that would warrant 2-3 hours for 6 miles then—sure? If you're doing it regularly?

I think you fucked up the distance or time spent though or you wouldn't be asking that question.

>w-will there be any leg gains?

Don't let these other anons bring you down. Keep up the good work you're doing just fine.

Why would hills matter, you pleb?
What comes up comes back down so you would get half the distance for free!

>6.6 miles in 2-3 hours

In 2006, the city of St. Petersburg, Florida, installed bike riding lanes on two of its streets. During his study of the effects of the bicycle lane installation, senior research scientist William Hunter and his team found that the average speed of the bicycle riders was between 11 and 12 mph before the bike lanes were installed. The lanes were monitored periodically over a two-year period after their installation, and the researchers found that the average speed remained consistent.

depends on the route, really. could go down a really steep decline at first and loop back over a series of inclines. it's not like it's going to be exactly half downhill in every situation

do you mean miles as in 10km? I hope you do

You fucking dimwitting cockroaches. Cut your fucking bullshit.
I live in the mountains and I have to constantly pedal up a steep mountain. This is like 45* angle on the photo and it gets bigger.
I want to see how you would do 10km on this road, you bitches

You fuckin speeddemon

show your route on google and also post the height profile

>This is like 45* angle on the photo and it gets bigger.

wow, you must be really strong

>Is 6.6 miles a good biking distance for 2-3 hours?
>2-3 HOURS!? Wat?
LOL unless it's a hill-climb course (literally up a mountainside, a few THOUSAND feet of elevation gain over 6.6 miles) then that's pathetic, a 6 year old child on a child's bike could go that far in 2 to 3 hours.

>This is like 45* angle
LOL no you moron that would make it a FIFTY PERCENT GRADE you wouldn't even be able to keep the front wheel on the ground you moron! a TWENTY FIVE PERCENT GRADE is about as brutal as anyone can stand and you have to lean way forward to keep the front wheel on the ground there, too.

I think you're making this shit up.

Pic is a 6.24 mile hill climb TT with 1700 feet of elevation gain and grades of up to 12%, which I did in under 33 minutes, and I SUCK AT HILL CLIMBS. Step up your game, OP.

*which I did in under 35 minutes (not 33).

Yes, it's very good and I'm glad you got out the house for once.

Did this two-way trip yesterday in about 3 hours, which I think comes to roughly 10mph (16 km/hr). Is that average at best? There were 2 or 3 steep hills but most of the path was on dedicated bike trails.

>makes thread asking if his shitty bike time is good
>gets mad when told it isn't

Mate, 10k in an hour is about average (albeit below average) for running.

Do the math

That's average for a completely untrained totally casual rider who only rides a few times a year when the weather is nice and otherwise never does much of any exercise to speak of. Knowing what I know, I'll lay good money that says your cadence probably averaged about 70rpm, mainly because you would turn the cranks for a few seconds, then coast for a few seconds, then repeat for the entire distance, and you may have stopped going up at least one of those 'hills'.