COWBOY METHOD

how can someone do TM when there is CM? Retardation?

Other urls found in this thread:

ufile.io/vikzg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Rippetoe explained it like this. If you want to lift heavy weight, why would you lift light weight for reps?

You go for PR's each friday, and Jim Wendler style on some front squats, how thats light weight for reps?

t. First year on SS

If you want to get good at lifting heavy weight, you need to lift heavy weight. If you just want hyperthropy, then why to TM at all?

Just because I can understand someone else view point, doesn't mean I'm still at SS.

When you can squat 405 for 10, you're strong as shit, I never understood the mentality that you HAVE to lift 5 or less reps to get strong. It's stupid.

I'm going to explain it like you are 5. 3x7 and 7x3 will get you the same muscle size. 7x3 will get you better at doing 3 reps. 3x7 will get you better at doing 7 reps. 3 rep is closer to 1RM. 3x7 means heavier weight, which fried your CNS.
>TLDR; depends on your goals

Low rep will get you used to competition. Most powerlifters do high rep on off season. They have to switch to low rep before a meet because high rep sucks to get you better at low rep.

That's easy though. Assuming you've been doing 10s and 12s

Two weeks of 8s
Four weeks of 5s
Three weeks of triples
Heavy double
Taper
Compete

Just do it like an LP the whole time. This exact strategy was how I squatted 500 for the first time.

My point is that newbies might as well just do high rep to build on size. I recommend 5/3/1 BBB to get the best of both worlds.

I squat above 4pl8 and my squats go up when I practice them at various reps and eat a lot, not when I try to hit 5rm pr each week

Quick rundown?

diffrent rep pr each friday for 13 weeks, mostly its 8-5-3rm, first week is easier with 10rm, last weeks is war with 3rm, 2rm and 1rm

1 week deloads inbetween to keep you fresh, same with bench, dl you max only on last week

asisstance you pick yourself, advised is to do quad/ham assistance on your back squat day (for eg: quad assistance monday, ham friday) arms, pec for bench press and back you do with your deadlifts also some grip work

ufile.io/vikzg

Thx nigger
Who si the program geared towards?
Beginner intermediate advanced or what?

I get kinda sick of seeing Rippetoe and his sycophants say stuff like this in a general context and then turn around and say that they're just speaking in the context of training novices when someone calls them on something dumb.

A novice has plenty of neurological and technical gains to make before they need to do any hypertrophy work to carry on getting stronger. Basically everyone else is, at some point, gonna have to grow more muscle if they wanna lift more weight.

mostly int, beginner can benefit but maybe a bit to slow for them, advanced cannot pr each week

As someone who has been lifting and following strength training and coaching for the last 10 years or so, it does make me laugh seeing people argue about different programs that are all based on week to week strength progression.

You will learn that its all the same shit and it ALL works if you put the effort in. Its just people repacking shit so they can push it as their own creation.

The modern issue though is that the internet generation has decided strength training is cool, so adapting programs to suit the internet generation is what is successful. Being that most of these kids lack serious discipline, and want some sure-fire easy method. We have all these different versions of the same thing coming out, promising the best gains. But as you will see time and time again, each one fades away (SS, SL, ICF, GSLP, TM, 5/3/1, etc etc) like a fad as the current wave of newbs jump on these new routines, then realise that TIME and DISCIPLINE are the real factors in progress, and they stop singing the praises of this routine, giving way to whatever new repackaging is thrown out to the next wave. You will always have the odd few people recommending these programs because they are someone who did have the discipline to really get good results. Its why SS still has proponents, as does SL. Because they do work, like any routine works.

tl;dr - stop thinking there is some special "best" program for you as a beginner/intermediate. They all work if you do the work.

ohh fuck of Jim

>They all work if you do the work.
But some work better than others. Efficiency is king. You can get from new york to LA by walking fi you want to but im gonna fly.

This any routine with non retarded periodization will work, but individuals will like some routine better than the others or progess faster on a certaine one ..in the end its about consistency and effort

The difference is nothing like that.
It would be more like saying you can get from new york to LA by flying, but you will get to your hotel quicker if you walk 0.1mph faster out of the taxi to the hotel door.