/PLG/ - POWERLIFTING GENERAL

IPF 120+ WORLDS STARTING IN 30 MINUTES

AVAILABLE HERE
cytu
.be/r/IPF
Welcome to /PLG/ - Powerlifting General. Primarily for discussion related to powerlifting.

Lots of good stuff over at powerliftinggeneral.com. Programming, diets, everything.

Post PR's, routines, form checks, meet results, schmexy lifts, etc. No Dubs or gets allowed.

Remember, no-one cares about your opinion on what upper body press is best and IPF approved techniques.

Kirill is the one true god

Other urls found in this thread:

rippedbody.com/intermediate-powerlifting-program/
youtube.com/watch?v=nLVJTBZtiuw
youtube.com/watch?v=rL5XEqyEGpU
elitefts.com/education/training/powerlifting/10-week-intermediate-deadlift-program/
jtsstrength.com/articles/2013/06/28/my-best-deadlift-cycle-ever/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

how can white bois even compete

when is the big guys on

what being strong is about:

being nigger or slavic (russian, poland, ukraine) + some nordic guys

other can just twink the fuck out to they below 105kg class where your place is

HAHAHAHAHAH so accurate

fifth for anime

i bet abos would be naturally the strongest humans

but, you know, training them to do work and all that.

Lifting shoes...

This screeching aussie fatty ruins the show. Had to mute the stream

Someone's going to be hurt with these spotters.

How can I squat 4x a week or every other day with late beginner/intermediate capacity without overreaching? Is there anything like this?

Is it as simple as two heavy days, a pause day and a higher rep day or something?

Bouafia's deadlift setup is similar to the JL Holdsworth tutorial we used to have in the OP.

just do Texas Method

rippedbody.com/intermediate-powerlifting-program/

he has Benni tier deadlift proportions/setup, I'm surprised his deadlift isn't much higher

He pulled 350 in comp seven months ago, maybe he's close to topping off?

I think I still have the ability to add 2.5kg per session, two heavy days a week but I just feel like something extra would be helpful for my positions.

I've considered TM but the progression is slower? (2.5kg/week) and I think I could still squeeze out 5kg weekly from the two heavy sessions. I don't know if this means that if I move to TM now, I could add 5kg to my 5rm each week.

Thanks I'll take a look

What's the average height of these 120+kg guys?

2.2 meters probably lol

>the progression is slower
Good. Don't rush it, you have the rest if your life to get stronger.

10kg to your max every month is great and not slow at all, lad.
And 360 one year ago.

If I have 5kg in the tank for the first couple of weeks I could try it right?

You are both right about not rushing, one of the reasons why I wanted to change is because I feel like I am rushing and need to learn to be patient so I usually get stuck in a cycle of overworking and injury or just hating it every time.

I will look at both programs but 4 day TM is the suggested version right? I remember something about one being much better for benching.

I wouldnt try putting more than 2.5kg on the bar weekly. There's no reason really and your sets will become grindier a lot sooner.

What are your lifts right now, May I ask?

guys how bad is losing one whole day of sleep? today is a rest day anyway so if i get my full 8 hours today can i still make gains?

I don't backsquat
75kg BW
70kgx5 Bench
95kgx3 Front Squat
145kgx5 Deadlift

will probably set you back 3 weeks of progress.

The next session might feel piss but unless you have chronic sleep issues it won't matter long term.

eat some food and start backsquating, boy.

I am eating food but my lifts don't get any easier I just weigh more

How can anyone listen to this screecher.

She has some really funny moments though to be honest.

BARK

Guys, can i squat everyday, or do i have to take roids to make any progress by doing that?

you can squat every day but it's not necessarily recommended
watch everything Max Aita has ever said about Bulgarian method/Squat every day

if you do end up doing it, read Matt Perryman's book first

I can never lift anymore cause I'm so busy all the time.
When I do I always hit sick PRs though, so now lifting is fun as fuck, but I can hardly find time to do it!

Such a weird feeling

Wew esme

Mfw neck gains werent meme

Thanks Wendler

Did I see wrong, or does Ray actually make 300kgs+ float as he pulls himself into position?

why does the commentator call ray the strongest man in the world

He is

but his deadlift and bench are shit

Eddie Hall is

nice meme

>strongman

Who deadlifted 500 kg. Granted that straps were used, but it's more than 100 kg above Ray William's DL.

I've stopped squatting due to lower back problems, but I still deadlift
(The bar directly above my spine is super uncomfortable for me)

I've accepted I'll never be a powerlifter
But will I have any negative effects from not squatting?

is that isley

whats a good program that has more deadlifting in it than c6w? i feel like my CNS is having trouble getting accustomed to it because i'm only doing actual deadlifts like once or twice every couple of weeks

And a suit and diddy bar, no?

No suit. Not sure about the bar.

>I've stopped squatting due to lower back problems, but I still deadlift
that makes no sense

The bar on my back hurts, but I can pull sumo pain free

>The bar on my back hurts
like where the bar rests you mean?

>cns getting problem accustomed to destroying it 2x a week following destroying it with squats

makes me wonder

ye you should definietly squat and deadlift 3x a week, what bad can happen

dont forget to bench atleast 4x with it

My lower back when it gets heavy

do you have a lot of buttwink going on

no i mean like i can't get a good mind-muscle connection on DLs because i feel like i hardly ever do them with this program and my form is suffering

it's my favorite lift i just want to be really good at it

reminder

youtube.com/watch?v=nLVJTBZtiuw

>measured my femur:height ratio
>femur is 29% of my height
for months now ive been trying to squat very upright highbar, my squat has been stuck and never felt comfortable since then. Today I decided to give up, some forward lean is probally good for me

for reference 25% femur of your height is considered borderline long femurs

If you want to practice dl more than 2x which is really a lot considering also C6W volume you would have to cut squats to 1x a week which isnt good idea. Squating more makes dling more, dling more doesnt really mean squatting more

Anyone tried the bulgarian method? Or any other high frequency training methods? Am trying to switch from 3/wk (heavy / light / heavy) to a 5/6x wk training. Hoping to get more gains because more training days.

>long femurs
>highbar
>upright

watchout guys we have idiot here

I'm 28% femur and squat perfectly fine highbar

try harder

It hurts as soon as the bar is on my back and during the walk out
Squatting heavy is super scary. I can do it, but I feel like my lower back will buckle in two.

lol 29%? try 33% like me you fucking faggot - I can squat high bar like anyone

yeah i know, and physically i don't have much trouble /when my form is good/ but my form isn't always good because im not used to cues and such.

it usually calls for just some DL accessory after squats, but i might try adding some sets of regular deadlifts as well. maybe not super heavy on those days but just focusing on really strict form

Only way not to kill yourself would be pulling with really low intensity. Maybe EMOM speed pulls x1 or x2 for multiple sets.

It means you can really focus on form

you squat highbar or lowbar? If highbar it sounds like you arent tight at all and bar isnt on your traps . If you show your squat form Im gonna bet everything in upper body setup sucks

also try lowbar faggit

I squat lowerbar
I injured my lower back last year badly and its just not back to how it used to be. Likely won't ever be.
I wish in pain for 10 months

True, you could have a world record in the squat and people would still judge you by the size of your bicep.

tried diffrent squat variations? Fronts, box, even some split squats

Find something that wont hurt you, will work legs and do it

dont go thru wall idiott

i'll have to try that out the next time around. i'm just finishing up my 3rd cycle of c6w so i figured it was a good time to tinker with it

Have tried 5-7x/week, but it's a long while ago and I won't claim I did it in a smart way.

Consider switching routines if you want really to focus on dl, beacuse C6W is mainly squat focused routine

Watch this before you do

youtube.com/watch?v=rL5XEqyEGpU

whta would be a good routine then? i'm currently on c6w for squat and deadlift and then nuckols 3x int-med for bench

I just got back into regularly working out with programs and actual goals and stuff a few months ago, so im not sure about what all programs there are. before this i just kind of wasted time and tried to stick with some 5x5 thing for too long

I paired up 10x3 rep scheme with 3x/wk training, leaving the middle one the same in intensity but significantly lower in overall volume. It worked well, but it's not a intelligent way to run things. How did you do it?

elitefts.com/education/training/powerlifting/10-week-intermediate-deadlift-program/

jtsstrength.com/articles/2013/06/28/my-best-deadlift-cycle-ever/

George Leeman has dl focused routine to, I cant help you more as I dl only 1x a week conv and its enough for me

They dont do stuff like agile 8 or limber 11 before workout

they bitch about being tight and wha wha wha

hold me

>powerlifting "athletes" dont stretch before their routines

really makes you think

but also doing generic warmup/stretching shit is normie tier

If everything is fine with you, doing generic to keep everything warm is actually good, if you have to focus on something more than do it

also

>normie tier warmup

panzer please dont go on higher level of autism, you sperging on powerlifitng is sometimes funny, but sperging on generic warmup routine is another level

I will answer the first question asked to me

What's your full name on your birth certificate

Can't say for sure haven't really seen my birth certificate before

real talk why would you not customize your warmups to what you need?

I go through multiple shoulder range of motion warmups, stretch my hamstrings, hip flexors and adductors, warmup my legs and go through my snatch/clean positions with a pvc pipe before I think about touching a barbell and I dont really need anything else that's about all I need

Go dig it up!

Wheres that texas method info that trappy/figjam posted everywhere?

You doing good, same as a lot of folks. But stuff like agile 8 was invented for athlethes on track or team sports. They dont have knowledge about lifting weights

You mean Practical Programming for Strength Training?

I will re-read it again but isn't there some sort of best texas method template which is different from what used to be memed?

'Agreed points/modifications' I guess you could call it?

I've read a lot on here about what the better things to do are and what I shouldn't do and I should have saved the posts.

Does anyone have a link to PPST3? I only have the the 1st edition.

No, it was with a suit and diddly bar

P sure average is like 28%

>tfw 23% femur

My mistake, the 500 kg were in a suit. 463 are obviously without one and this is still leagues ahead of Williams

>panzer thinks stretching before a session is actually a good idea.

>2017
>not doing light cardio + dynamic routines as a small warmup

kys

>leagues ahead of Williams
Yet Ray has the deadlift record. If Eddie is so far ahead of Ray, let him enter an IPF competition and outdeadlift Ray under the same rule set.

Obviously never gonna happen but my point still stands, you can't really compare the two.