Gains from home

What do you faggots think about home gyms?

You seem to be able to find some decent equipment around garage sales, flea markets, and on craigslist from unmotivated fucks who buy weights or a home gym and barely use it and want to get rid of it cause it takes up too much space.

I'm thinking about clearing a room and turning it into a gym, which would cut out memberships and driving and having to wait on people who are using equipment (also wouldn't have to lay in someone else's back sweat).

The only more expensive things seem to be treadmills and I don't really need one, I'd have the whole space to myself and would only need to share with the gf. Thoughts? Should I invest?

Bad idea for beginners because you will probably give up within a few years.

Go to a gym first. Stop being a beta faggot.

I already go to the gym when I have time

bump

I wont be able to use my uni's gym forever, I'm gonna grad soon. I'm thinking once I have the bank I should just buy equipment, I can prob find everything me and the gf want/need. Worth the money or just a meme?

You are more likely to give up on going to a gym, wasting all that time and money traveling to and from it

Of course its worth it. No commuting, can work out in anything or naked if you like, no waiting, no peoples stench, no shitty music, no weights thrown everywhere. If you have the room then absolutely go for it.

r8 my bench

yeah thats another thing, I can blast my own shitty music kek

I'd have to cram the gf and I in one room as of now or maybe I'll just get a new place when the lease is up, I should probably do that. Regardless I think it'd be easier to have the gym on hand

> within a few years

surely that's a *success*?

As long as you have the right equipment at home it's the same as going to a commercial gym. However, you have the benefit of not having to put up with whatever music, ethnic group, social agenda, exercise restrictions etc that you find tasteless.

Thats another thing. There is nothing quite like finishing a workout, all pumped up then walking up to the missus, throwing her ass on the bed, lounge, bench and smashing the fuck out of her before a shower. Gym cucks will never understand this.

I should so fuck her on the bench if I wind up getting one

you have a home gym?

Yeah brodolf fitler. It does become difficult to motivate yourself sometimes though. Be warned.

Noted. Why is that, gets too repetitive?

lol, and this is why Veeky Forums has a problem with people jumping on gear.

They think a couple years is long enough to look awesome.

you'll look better if nothing else, I definitely looked better in only one year, kept me motivated

It is.

>lmao1trainaxle?

Nah. When you go to the gym, you're there. There's really nothing else to do but workout. At home, you often have to pull your finger out and get yourself motivated; you're comfortable. Still will never trade in my home gym.

Yeah that makes sense. My girl and I will keep each other in line. Got any pics of your setup?

In bed at the moment (Aus). Basically a squat rack, dip/chinup stand, dumbells, bench, barbell and about 140kgs in plates.

I find it the opposite way around, getting *to* the gym was half the battle whereas now it's just in the spare room motivation wise.

Plus no need to worry about "getting ready" to go out too which is a time saver.

Sounds good m8, planning on expanding? I'd like some of the other equipment for butterflies and leg press and some other shit if I could get my hands on it. I've seen some home gyms with that kind of shit. I'm gonna start off simple though

Have you done it?

This might just be for me but I see it like this, imagine working out at the gym is like studying for a test, the gym is like going to a library, your more likely to do the actual studying at the library but it's harder to get up and go there and a home gym is like studying at home, it's easier to start but your less likely to actually do the work in comparison to a gym.

Guess it depends on a vague definition of "looking awesome" but I'm approaching 1/2/3/4 after ~2 years.

More than I could have hoped for opposed to dragging myself to a commercial gym.

Considering I've never used the library at uni to study, I'll probably be fine then. I've always been able to motivate myself to get my work done. But I do know people who have to take their ass to the library, I was never one of them.

So you don't look awesome.
Stop telling people what is possible over a certain timescale if you haven't achieved it yourself.

>Stop being a beta faggot.
So tired of you kids throwing this around.

I got myself a home gym because I was too self conscious to start squatting, benching, and diddlying at my uni's gym. I found the best way to be motivated is to do it first thing after waking up, and just getting into the routine of it.

beta faggot detected

Fuck em man, you're at the gym for you

I'm just getting started (6 months) but so far I'm really quite happy. Bought a bar, plates, bench and so on dutch craigslist and can do all I need to whenever i want to. No preparation, can play own music way too loud, plus for me it's a lot easier to get motivated seeing i'm a lazy fuck. There's days i don't feel like it and years ago when i was somewhat going to a gym i would've skipped out, now i just do it anyway, because it takes no time plus in between sets i can do retarded shit like clipping my nails or even things on pc that require a bunch of waiting time in between.

Only thing that i'll need is to put together some spotter bars because benching is feeling less and less comfortable, plus already fucked up my squat once which result in me being folder in half on the floor

bw? i always wonder, for me 1/2/3/4 was 1 year goal and then a couple days ago i realized it was 1rm which i almost reached by now after 6 months at 220, haven't done other sports in years. main problem i got now is my didly is stalling, because terrible grip. yet to use chalk which i should probably do, plus slowly getting used to hook by at least using it in my warmup (which for some reason feels way weaker to me)

yeah man, if you dont have a ladyfriend or roommate or someone to spot you, definitely get bars. shit can get ugly without it.